Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boss Battle Tips

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Got the game but are having trouble with bosses like I am? Then please post any tips you may have in beating the boss. Just keep in mind that if you want to figure it out yourself, then don't read this.

I have no tips, instead I seek them. I can't quite figure out how to fight the Chamelon boss. I know that you paraloop the area, but I have no idea how to find him. I just fly around paralooping the purple area, and I never find him. Tips anyone?

Oh, and does anyone find the final stage of Donbalon hard or do I just stink?

Wizard of Odd

Wizard of Odd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:playing piano, sports, chilling, and the wify.
for the chameleon boss look for cards in the backround after you paraloop. when you find a card, 10 for example, paraloop near there for the 9 card and continue down till you get to the 2 card. after 2 card will be an ace card, the boss will be close by. sometimes he'll be invisible so look closely, paraloop him when you find him before he runs off.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Thank you. That is a big help. I will go try it right now. I knew the cards were there for something but I could 't figure out what.

Also, any tips for Bombara? I finally beat both forms but only by luck. I guess its hard to get a tip for that one. I know how to deafet the boss...but I can't seem to get them in the holes to well. After awhile I get frantic and go crazy.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I actually need help with Wills stage where you have to round up the nightopians with paraloops. I cant seem to get the fifth round of them before running out of time >_

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)

Got the game but are having trouble with bosses like I am? Then please post any tips you may have in beating the boss. Just keep in mind that if you want to figure it out yourself, then don't read this.

I have no tips, instead I seek them. I can't quite figure out how to fight the Chamelon boss. I know that you paraloop the area, but I have no idea how to find him. I just fly around paralooping the purple area, and I never find him. Tips anyone?

Oh, and does anyone find the final stage of Donbalon hard or do I just stink?

I find Donbalon's final stage hard... When I first saw it, and the remixed music started playing, I was going "O_O".

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
Donbalons stage is so awesome. Everything, the music, the boss, the stage design, the way you fight him...love it.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I find Donbalon's final stage hard... When I first saw it, and the remixed music started playing, I was going "O_O".

Same here. I beat him with only 20 seconds left. How do you think I felt when he bounced so hard that he went back two rooms? I nearly cried and then started cursing.

So far the fish is my fav in difficulty. He is the easiest one.

Foofums

Foofums

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, video games, food, dreaming, food, food

Also, any tips for Bombara? I finally beat both forms but only by luck. I guess its hard to get a tip for that one. I know how to deafet the boss...but I can't seem to get them in the holes to well. After awhile I get frantic and go crazy.

I haven't been paying attention to their names, haha. Do you mean the cat witch? If so, on the second form, I basically tried to take it slow, and focused on getting one cat through a hole at a time while switching sides on the table-thing. Actually managed to get a B on that fight by doing that.

I don't know if anyone's bothered to get far in Helen's story yet, but I need help on that frickin' spider boss. She's cool, and has an awesome theme song, but I can't figure out how to beat her. Can anyone help me on that?
EDIT: Nevermind, I killed her >:3 Now I'm going to bed, my eyes hurt from all the colors. Her name is Queen Bella, by the way, if I read it right.

Wizard of Odd

Wizard of Odd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
for the first boss, as soon as the stage starts drill dash the boss through the gate. keep drill dashing(you can drill dash the boss through the colored blocks if your close enough) just drill dash the boss when there's no obstacle and throw the boss when there is. when you get to the room with the solid walls that fall, try to throw the boss to the left wall so he bounces off and clears all the walls. my best time is 197 seconds. for any other boss try pressing start and talking to owl during boss fights.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Okay has anyone figured out how to beat Cerberus' second version? The chain you need to hit turns into another dog whenever you get anywhere near it now. So what the crap am I supposed to do? D:

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Cerberus second version, that one was hard. I'll give you a hint, then you're on your own :P. Use the rocket mask.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Is there any pattern to the fish bosses jumping maddness? I always have trouble when he gets really really small. I can never seem to catch him. He is always out of my grasp. I hate leaving it up to luck.

Wow these bosses are a lot tougher. Before, there was always bosses I can say I could always beat unless i really messed up. I can't say that for any of these guys.

Wizard of Odd

Wizard of Odd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
where ever you are before the boss leaps is the path it's heading, and it's good to let the boss stay half the course away cause it's faster the smaller it gets and gives you time to react. so let it leap and move to an area that your comfortable, then drill dash toward it when it's close. you can also beat him easier if let it save enough balls to stay a comfortable size and paraloop the rest the next time you catch him. can be beat in two of it's ball phase.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Bomamba is angering.

Griever

Griever

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Bomamba is angering.

I totally agree!

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Rocket + Donbalon's first few rooms = win?

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
In case you guys are having problems, I know how to 2.0 the spider in the second go-around.

1. When the level starts off, you'll see that the first level of platforms have a gap. Carefully work your into the gap and wait for the first silk ball to drop down and latch onto it. (Note: If you try to latch on too fast, the ball will gently bounce away from you so take it slow.)

2. Aim the silk ball between the first two levels of platforms and release it so the ball will travel almost entirely horizontally across the screen. This causes the silk ball to score multiple hits on the platforms and destroy huge portions of first, second, and even the third level. (Tip: You can latch onto balls that you've already shot. This becomes very easy if you're shooting them like I've recommended.)

3. Continue shooting silk balls horizontally in gaps until you have decent (not necessarily perfect) access to the top level where the spider is running around. When you feel comfortable, start pounding away at the platforms around and underneath the spider. You should have no problem dropping her at that point.

You have (I'm pretty sure) 235 seconds to do all this for the 2.0 and A rank. This strategy is not sure-fire as the path and damage the spider balls do each time varies and consequently so will your time. This strategy simply maximizes your chances of getting the best possible score. If you drop below 235, start over.

Good luck!

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I remember doing that on accident. By the time that I beat her, over 1/2 of the panels were gone. (First form)

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

Okay has anyone figured out how to beat Cerberus' second version?

I got A's on both missions without the rocket mask. Anyway, for the second time, you have to learn the distance. Learn the distance, then you can get close enough to drill dash the chain then follow up with a another (you should be in between both heads at this time) and they're heads will hit each other. Repeat twice and you win!

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Chameleon (v2) Time-Attack:

1. The chameleon always spawns in the exact same place. Move the analog stick diagonally up to the right and dash. This'll take you to the first set of green rings. Diagonally to the left of the first ring is exactly where he's at. (Note: While not necessary, you might want to make a pass through the green rings first to build up your dash, but remember, it eats up time.)

2. The chameleon then flees either down to the right or down to the left. You can choose to do one of two things now.

A. Try to follow him directly (this is the fastest option). You can just make out a transparent blob flying through the curtains. Follow it until it's stops. While I'm not entirely certain, I believe it does light up the area where it stops momentarily. When he does stop, paraloop him and he should become visible. When that happens, paraloop him again. (Note: If your first paraloop wasn't close enough, you'll have to look for his cloaked body and paraloop that to make him visible.)

B. Instead of following the chameleon, dash horizontally in line with the green rings in whichever direction the chameleon ran. You should come up to another set of green rings. He generally stops somewhere in the area of the next set of rings. If you read "A", you should know what to do from here.

My best score was 279 seconds and I'm ranked 23rd currently. Hope to see you best my score, guys!

Is there any pattern to the fish bosses jumping maddness? I always have trouble when he gets really really small. I can never seem to catch him. He is always out of my grasp. I hate leaving it up to luck.

Wow these bosses are a lot tougher. Before, there was always bosses I can say I could always beat unless i really messed up. I can't say that for any of these guys.

Don't try to paraloop him when he gets smaller. Just grab and toss him.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Chameleon is evil! (THanks for posting tips on him by the way). Just another little tid-bit on him is that if the cards start attacking you (2nd ver), drill-dash them. Do this because if you paraloop you are doomed to encounter more while trying and the more zombie cards the more time eaten up. All the more reason to follow RedTail's advice.

And Bomamba's pretty easy on her 2nd fight, I just didn't think and tried to make the cats bounce on the edge of the hills and hope that they go in. With some tilting of the table involved of course. I got an A with that little strategy, but I think it was just luck.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
I have trouble with Queen Bella. It was hard enough getting a C rank! It says to use iron balls for the harder plates, but I can barely get them to come down, and then I only get one shot with them cause I usually can't catch them again before they hit the lava...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Thank you. That is a big help. I will go try it right now. I knew the cards were there for something but I could 't figure out what.

What I do is just wildly shake the board like "IMA SHAKIN' UR BOR'D!" and eventually they'll all bounce around and fall in. Worked for me but then again, I'm not exactly what you would consider normal.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Kato's Boss Tips (Will Side)

Donbalon (Easy): Learn to aim while throwing. Throw him.
Donbalon (Hard): 1st Room, toss him up and through the gate, straight down the middle. When you get to the large circular room, toss him up to the far left or right and get him to roll along the edges. If you take your time tossing him from better locations rather than trying to zip through you'll do better. The large room is the hardest part because he has more room to bounce. You can also drill attack him. In the last room, circus cages will be driving past in 3's for several rows. Wait until you get a clear and lined up shot, and let him rip.

Chamelan (Easy): Paraloop the place where you start off widely, then Paraloop again for a hit. Watch which direction he flies off in, and fly that way. Paraloop when you've gone some distance, and head towards the Ace Cards. (King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, Ace) Paraloop him once and he's dead. Also, if you see some cards coming at you with swords, drill dash them. Also, the attacking cards tend to signify he's around that location since he becomes slightly visible to cast a spell and bring them to life.
Chamelan (Hard): Same tactic as before, except now if you don't watch him closely you'll paraloop open a hole with a bomb in it. If there is a bomb, FLY AWAY. FAST. Bombs have reptile scales, but don't be fooled. Chamelan is NOT a twinkie fiend. I finished with 266 Seconds left on my second try on this guy. He's not hard if you have a good eye.

Cerberus (Easy): First off, don't be intimidated. The two spike-ball dogs with anorexic legs MAY rush at you snarling and growling, but if you stay of of range they can't get you. You'll have to fly in close, but not too close, to zip by their sides. Don't worry they have a pitiful turn radius. My PT Cruiser could drive circles around thes puppies. Anyway, get to the yellow ball that links them, and drill dash it. If it just kinda bounces a bit, do it again. Eventually you'll knock the two dogs together. Lather, rinse, repeat. 3 hits is all it takes.
Cerberus (Hard): So now they decided "Hmmm this freaky Man-Girl-Jester-Thing has more mobility than us. So let's make sure he/she/it/what can't smack our balls around. No pun intended." So now the Cerberus name (THREE HEADED DOG) makes more sense, as there is a yellow one on the ball you have to toss. Three Dogs: Spite, Malice, and Narcolepsy. Well, you have that Rocket Mask for a reason, so use it. Zip in quick and drill dash that puppy while it's puppy-less. If you are too slow it will flash yellow, cover in spikes, and bite you. If the dog comes out, fly out of range of the red and blue dogs, and the yellow one will go back to sleep. Three dogs, three hits and it'll be pounded and euthanized faster than an ill-tempered rotweiler-bulldog-Jim Carrey-hybrid with rabies in in 'dangerous rabies sensitive elephant' country.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Cerberus second version, that one was hard. I'll give you a hint, then you're on your own :P. Use the rocket mask.

I didn't use the rocket mask. All I did was drill dash and touch-dash before the spiky dog showed up. :P

Golden~Hedgy

Golden~Hedgy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Sonic The Hedgehog, NiGHTS, fanfiction, drawing, Avatar: The Last Airbender.... and more

ROCKET MASK?! Damn!! I used to old fashioned Drill Dash... Dash Drill.. ugh! I'm forgetting everything now... this is what I get for not playing the game for 3 hours already .. T_T

Okay I wanna know the exact ways on how to kill Chamelan and Donbalon... ((the second time fighting them 0.o)) in order to get at least a C rank...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users