Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS into dreams on GameTap?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/nights/

Go to "Behind the Story". Now, I know people do emulations, to varying degrees of success.. but here they're saying there's also gonna be a full blown PC version of NiD. News to me..

While we're on the subject, their JoD review- http://www.gametap.c...ad/article/2553

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
whoa. i was feeling horrible these last days for not getting JoD but if they make a PC version of NiD...i'll give the flowers and chocolates. Lots of them. <3

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Yea, I was a bit confused about that too. Sega seems to not know whats going on anymore...
I also hate how in the MAKING OF NiGHTS video they keep calling Reala "Wizeman." Anyone else notice that?
It's a bit amusing actually.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

*happysplodes*

Seriously, I almost started crying (which is about the reaction I had when my grandfather died... I still subconsciously expect him to pop up and say 'look what I found at the flea market!', so I'm not really sure if I've truly reacted to that yet... ^^; *hopes nobody finds that freakishly bizzare and insensitive* ) and if this does happen, I am going to be the happiest little kitty on the face of the planet!!! ..... *shoves her hope in a suffocating little bag so she doesn't get severely disappointed if it doesn't*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hang on my PC is running too slow to check properly right now but did i read right at the website that theyre esentialy encouraging emulation of the original game on PC???? o_O

Or are they MAKING a pc version?

Very... odd (yet cool) move by SEGA.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Hang on my PC is running too slow to check properly right now but did i read right at the website that theyre esentialy encouraging emulation of the original game on PC???? o_O

Or are they MAKING a pc version?

Very... odd (yet cool) move by SEGA.

GameTap emulates the Saturn Games... if I figure correctly, so I don't think they'll be making a new one. However, even this in itself is good news. So much for the "It's too hard to emulate" bullshit Sega's been spouting for years >_>

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Playing the game with a keyboard is like stepping on kittens though.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

As far as I can tell, you can map controllers to Gametap, and it works pretty fine, so analogue is good news.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Yea, I was a bit confused about that too. Sega seems to not know whats going on anymore...
I also hate how in the MAKING OF NiGHTS video they keep calling Reala "Wizeman." Anyone else notice that?
It's a bit amusing actually.

I noticed that! Every time they mentioned Wizeman they showed Reala! I was like "No! You idiots! That's Reala! Wizeman's the spiky guy with the multiple hands!"

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I wonder if it'll be easier to hack now... if it's on PC. Hmmmmmm...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Original NiGHTS on GameTap: Do want! 8D

Remake of NiGHTS for PC: DO EET SEGA! DO EET NAAAAO!!!! *sob* WANT.

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

i've played the game with keyboard and loved it o_o even Jackle's boss battle was really easy.

I really wish they are making a pc version or emulate, since we're not having the ps2 remake.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
It seems they've taken the section down. Oh well. I hope they put it on the free games list first so all can play it and then have it set up for those who have a gold membership. I don't have a gold membership and emulators just don't cut it anymore.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I just hope that they make more Saturn games on Gametap Mac compatible. My PC is not powerful enough to emulate the games well, but my mac is not compatible with any of the good Saturn games, even if it is uber-powerful.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
This is very cool. One game that would make me sign up to gametap. Online scoreboards? Cassini style smoothing of graphics?

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

*happysplodes*

Seriously, I almost started crying (which is about the reaction I had when my grandfather died... I still subconsciously expect him to pop up and say 'look what I found at the flea market!', so I'm not really sure if I've truly reacted to that yet... ^^; *hopes nobody finds that freakishly bizzare and insensitive* ) and if this does happen, I am going to be the happiest little kitty on the face of the planet!!! ..... *shoves her hope in a suffocating little bag so she doesn't get severely disappointed if it doesn't*

awh, my grandpa died recently too, had his funeral on sunday :) . but i didn't know him hardly at all, so i'm not too upset.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Sorry to bump up really old topics but I remembered that NiGHTS was going to be put on GTap this year. Well it's 2008 and nothing. Anyone know what happened?

JUPiTERMAREN

JUPiTERMAREN

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:pokemon nights and talking to people who dont treat me bad for things i believe in! one day i want to buy a dolfie doll from japan and lots of pocky LOL oh cruel insternet shopping!
so i could play the old nights on my pc? is this still happening. answer please

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

so i could play the old nights on my pc? is this still happening. answer please

That's the thing. I don't know anymore. It's May and still no NiGHTS on GTap.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I knew about this back in january...... and ive been checking gametap too :angry: ,at least show NiD in the coming soon section,at least i'll know :(

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
lets hope they make it free. if not they are going down.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Maybe when they took it down was when they got a cease and desist letter, but that'd only happen if they put that information up without asking permission to emulate it. I hope that's not the case and they're just encountering other issues/are waiting for something. ;-; *wants to play NiD*

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Maybe when they took it down was when they got a cease and desist letter

i doubt that,because gametap is company,and they do have sega games on their website already,including saturn games,and sega knows about this because their the ones who let the secret out about the game being emulated on gametap! *well,i think*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users