Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NJOD graphics

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

Im in NO way saying NiGHTS art STYLE is ugly. thats the truly gorgeous part about it. But on a technical level, I dont usually make much of a big deal about things, but in this case, the problem is that theres already a precedent of games looking BETTER than this on the Wii, especially the games devs havent rushed and are building from ground up (like NiGHTS supposedly is). I think much of the criticism stems from NiGHTS himself and his overly blocky appearance. theres really nothing keeping Sega from rounding out his form, and from making the scenery itself a bit less blocky too. The Wii can definitely handle that. SATSR had little or no slowdowns and it was gorgeous. So Sega itself has even shown it can do it.

^_^ YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU SAY THE NiGHTS ART STYLE IS UGLY! XD Or am I kidding? That's for you to decide.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

:blink: YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU SAY THE NiGHTS ART STYLE IS UGLY! XD Or am I kidding? That's for you to decide.

When did I say the ART style is ugly? I only said its technivcally ugly, which means polygonally and texturally its lacking in quality, NOT that the art style itself is ugly. The art style is whaT I said was BEAUTIFUL about it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

When did I say the ART style is ugly? I only said its technivcally ugly, which means polygonally and texturally its lacking in quality, NOT that the art style itself is ugly. The art style is whaT I said was BEAUTIFUL about it.

I was JOKING.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

I was JOKING.

lol. Well you said it was up to me to decide, and I had decided you might have been really mad at whaT I said so I wanted to clarify.
:blink:

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I don't like his cold dead eyes. The blue and purple thing I don't mind, it's just that with no eyebrows, and those big slit pupils... he's got no expression. All of the screen shots, he has the exact same trance-like smile, like some kind of hypnotised zombie. I know it would be really hard to make him focus on things as he is flying, but when a character's eyes take up so much of their face, they could really do with having a bit of life behind them. Because currently, he just looks creepy as hell. (And I don't care if that is a carry on from the Saturn. We're not in the 90s any more.) Really, they are gonna need a damn good animator to make this character work and actually have personality.

Seriously, the more I look at those screen shots, the more I dislike his face. It's just so damn lifeless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users