Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hey, hey, hey!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Well, hey there, members of NightsintoDreams.com! My name is Trash Jack, and I . . . have been living under a rock for who-knows-how-long. I have NEVER ONCE played NiGHTS or Christmas NiGHTS, and I have been mentally kicking myself for a while now because of that fact.

Anyway, let's get down to business. I am a gamer first and foremost, and have been for most of my life. Playing all those Mario and Sonic games at a young age has brought me to eventually become a full-time technology addict. But I'm not ALL about computers and video games. I am personally fond of insane and random stuff (Human Jackle!!!), and love comedy (be it on TV, in games, in real life, on the Internet, etc.), hockey (the main reason I go to hockey games is to see the fights), and The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (the answer is 42, if you don't already know; nobody knows what the question is).

Now, as I am someone who hasn't even touched NiGHTS, you're probably wondering what the heck I'm doing here. Well, to be honest, you'd have to thank the Sonic franchise for that one. And no, I don't mean the NiGHTS pinball table in Sonic Adventure, or Sonic Pinball Party, or even Sega Superstars (I can't even get the NiGHTS game on that to function properly with the way the lighting is). The answer lies in Sonic Riders. After a long, arduous quest to get all of the playable characters and the stages, I finally gain a sigh of relief when I unlock the Sega Carnival and Sega Illusion courses. Of course, I wasn't satisfied yet. I continued on with the Mission mode until, finally, I gain the three guest racers: NiGHTS, Ulala, and AiAi. Guess which one I used the most.

After using NiGHTS to the point of playing as him (yeah, yeah, I know, but I'd get tired if I had to refer to NiGHTS as "NiGHTS" all the time) all the time, and playing on the Sega levels the same way, I'd finally found an attachment to NiGHTS that Sega Superstars couldn't give me (CURSE YOU, LIGHTING!!! CURSE YOOOUUU!!!!). I simply had to see more of this guy, and I soon found out that I'd missed out on one of the greatest experiences I could've had (and I have never owned a Saturn, either, so that did limit me there).

Then some months later, I am filled with joy as a new Wii game is announced. But it wasn't just any Wii game! It's "NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams." But I couldn't help but notice Sonic Team's latest track record. So I held off of NiGHTS for a while. I'd wait for the reviews to come in.

But eventually, the burden was too much to bear. I simply HAD to see more. I searched and searched, and lo and behold, I found this very site. And this, among other sites, was one place I decided to stay. So hey there to greater NiGHTS fans than I (which would be most, if not all, of you)!

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
Hello and welcome :(

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Hello Trash Jack, and welcome to the forums! Like your username. I think you're the first fan here that got into the fandom because of Sonic Riders :( Hope you'll enjoy it here!

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Welcome to the forums c: i'm sure you'll love NiGHTS! we all here expand NiGHTSlove around the world. lol

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Hello Trash Jack, and welcome to the forums! Like your username. I think you're the first fan here that got into the fandom because of Sonic Riders :( Hope you'll enjoy it here!

The username's stuck to me for a while. There are only a few forums I'm part of (or have been part of) that I haven't used it (in fact, in one of them, I use it as unofficial advertising for Deadpool, the Marvel Comics character, whom I imitate there). In fact, it's stuck ever since that Nightmare Before Christmas site, and once I used it on a Death Note fansite, I immediately knew that I had a username that'd be with me for quite a while.

And, yeah, I'm still mentally kicking myself for only now getting into NiGHTS. Hopefully, Journey of Dreams will change that around entirely, to the point of me being a devoted follower of the renegade Nightmaren.

Thanks for the welcome wagon!

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Welcome to you and enjoy your stay here. :D

*Not a greater NiGHTS fan than thou* I never even played anything with our little purple bugger, just saw 'im and fell in love. *Lesser NiGHTS fan than thou*

Mattvideo

Mattvideo

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Well, Gaming is my top interest! I've been gaming since i was 3. If you want a match in MKDS, Pokemon, Metroid, Wii, NDS, X360 or want to challenge me to do something in a non Wifi game (NiGHTS Score challenge, Mario Speedrun, etc.)... Go fo it! I'm always up for a game! :D<br /><br />Next is Photoshop, I've been messing with Photoshop for almost a year and a half already. I like to make stuff out of renders, pictures, videos. A challenge peaks my interest! :)
Dang, you got into the game cause of Riders, that's nuts! I wouldn'ta expect that game to get you into NiGHTS. Dude, i tip my hat to you for this turn of events! :D

I can say that i am not a HUGE fan of NiGHTS, but due to recent events (getting a new laptop and having access to limitless resources, mountains of data and administrative power along with technological intellect,) I'm able to play NiGHTS on the fly (no pun intended) wherever i go, as long as i have my game and my controller with me! :D You'll be able to get a taste of play if you look right (whether it be video or actual play! :D)

BTW, welcome to the site! :D

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Dang, you got into the game cause of Riders, that's nuts! I wouldn'ta expect that game to get you into NiGHTS. Dude, i tip my hat to you for this turn of events! :D

I can say that i am not a HUGE fan of NiGHTS, but due to recent events (getting a new laptop and having access to limitless resources, mountains of data and administrative power along with technological intellect,) I'm able to play NiGHTS on the fly (no pun intended) wherever i go, as long as i have my game and my controller with me! :) You'll be able to get a taste of play if you look right (whether it be video or actual play! ;))

BTW, welcome to the site! :D

If you show me how to get NiGHTS on my own laptop, I will worship you like a god. Unless it costs something.

Jackle's best friend

Jackle's best friend

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
"If you show me how to get NiGHTS on my own laptop, I will worship you like a god. Unless it costs something."

Don't know how to quote but, I do know that legally you will need the game (unless you want to risk being illegal) and one hell of a laptop for emulation of a Saturn, my computer may be 6 or 7 years old, but it can only run NiGHTS at about 4-7 frames per second, you'd need like an XPS level laptop at least to get full speed.

Beyond that, nice job falling in love with one of the greatest things ever dude.

I wish I had a faster computer, and game developing skills. I'd get a bunch of guys to make a remake with me like Chrono Trigger Resurrection was looking, that would be awesome, and everybody who missed NiGHTS the first time around could experience it. Plus since it would be made for PC you wouldn't need one of the fastest computers out there for it.

Why oh why can't anybody try to do this?

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

"If you show me how to get NiGHTS on my own laptop, I will worship you like a god. Unless it costs something."

Don't know how to quote but, I do know that legally you will need the game (unless you want to risk being illegal) and one hell of a laptop for emulation of a Saturn, my computer may be 6 or 7 years old, but it can only run NiGHTS at about 4-7 frames per second, you'd need like an XPS level laptop at least to get full speed.

Beyond that, nice job falling in love with one of the greatest things ever dude.

I wish I had a faster computer, and game developing skills. I'd get a bunch of guys to make a remake with me like Chrono Trigger Resurrection was looking, that would be awesome, and everybody who missed NiGHTS the first time around could experience it. Plus since it would be made for PC you wouldn't need one of the fastest computers out there for it.

So I'm better off with just buying a Saturn, an analog controller with NiGHTS, and possibly Christmas NiGHTS off of the Internet by using Christmas and unused lunch money?

And no, it's not because of the illegal part (I've downloaded a couple of games that I don't actually own before). It's more for the frame-rate thing. And the fact that my down and left arrow keys for my laptop don't work properly anymore.

And the quote thing is activated by hitting the reply button on someone else's post.

Mattvideo

Mattvideo

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Well, Gaming is my top interest! I've been gaming since i was 3. If you want a match in MKDS, Pokemon, Metroid, Wii, NDS, X360 or want to challenge me to do something in a non Wifi game (NiGHTS Score challenge, Mario Speedrun, etc.)... Go fo it! I'm always up for a game! :D<br /><br />Next is Photoshop, I've been messing with Photoshop for almost a year and a half already. I like to make stuff out of renders, pictures, videos. A challenge peaks my interest! :)

I own NiGHTS and a saturn so i'm good on that section, i need to get a backup battery again though, one of them button batteries! My laptop is fairly new (got it in september. Gateway, dual core pentium, alot of good stuff!) Playing NiGHTS could be a bit better, but by damn it plays great for me! (tiny lag in some sections, not that major)

One of the members is making a 2nd NiGHTS game here, i want to help him so bad. I even got 3D software on my PC.

Jackle's best friend

Jackle's best friend

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I own NiGHTS and a saturn so i'm good on that section, i need to get a backup battery again though, one of them button batteries! My laptop is fairly new (got it in september. Gateway, dual core pentium, alot of good stuff!) Playing NiGHTS could be a bit better, but by damn it plays great for me! (tiny lag in some sections, not that major)

One of the members is making a 2nd NiGHTS game here, i want to help him so bad. I even got 3D software on my PC.

I own NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS on my Saturn too. But I want to try and emulate so I could learn how to mod the game, it would be much easier with an emulator and I want to learn game development anyways. Making my own NiGHTS levels would be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users