Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DVD VS Figurine

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: DVD or Figurine? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

DVD or Figurine?

1. DVD (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Figurine (46 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted Image

VS

Posted Image

Just always seems anyone outside Japan gets jipped when it comes to things like this. I would much rather have a Figurine or the Book. However, I know it'd be too much money and WORK to provide Non-Japan residents something NICE for a change...

What do you think?

Am I too rude?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
You are not being rude at all. Its sad that we only get a little video and SOME got a poster. I would rather look at a figurine decoration that watch a DVD once and then not watch it agian for loard knows how long. Now maybe if this DVD had been longer, then I MIGHT change my tune. But its not...its just a 8 min tribute. WHich is nice, but still........

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
I'm guessing the figurine was probably made separate from Sega but with their permission.
I'm assuming that their probably thinking that JoD isn't going to a big seller other wise they would probably go about doing something like that.
(On a side note I wouldn't mind owning something like that or at least a little something for that matter.)

As you can see the figurine is directed towards a more Japaneses audience.
That being said and knowing how the product from over seas makes it to America they believe that such a thing doesn't appeal to us.
(Much like 4Kids thinks.)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I would like the figurine, myself. And with the growing popularity of stylized figurines, I think it would have been a smart move to sends some our way.. Lots of people nowadays are into Ugly Dolls and things from Kid Robot. I think this NiGHTS fits into the category.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I gotta hand my vote to the figurine, it seems too cute to pass up.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I rather have a figurine that I can look at everyday than a DVD that, from the looks of it, I might watch once or twice before letting it collect dust in a corner.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I agree 100%. They get an awesome figure, we get a stupid DVD with sh!t we're gonna play through anyway. The documentary feature was cool (thanks again to Xenon) but I would waaaaaaaaaaay rather get a figurine.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
As much as I liked getting that DVD, I have only watched it once, and since I have let it sit on my rack o' game-stuffs. I would very much like it if that little figurine made its way to the 'States. Heck, if not the figurine, can we at least have the keychain? Is that so much to ask of you SEGA? T-T

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
I would much rather get the figurine than the DVD. You can do alot with a figurine, but you can only watch a DVD.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
As it is, wasn't the DVD for buying any E rated game for the Wii or some sh!t? That doesn't even count as a preorder NiGHTS gift in my book.. <_<

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
The Dvd was ok, but I would've love to have gotten the figurine! I would look at in every morning...
*sighs*.. why can't the US for once get a nice pre-order gift! >.<

*~ChAoSkY~*

*~ChAoSkY~*

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:-~~Videogames: <br />Klonoa, Sonic, Rayman, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, NiGHTS.~~ <br />~~Anime and manga: <br />Inuyasha, Case closed, One piece~~<br />~Drawing~ <br />~Cooking~ <br />~Swimming~ <br />~Crafts~
The document on the DVD was okay but...

THE FIGURE IS JUST ULTIMATELY CUTE. ._.

Mattvideo

Mattvideo

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Well, Gaming is my top interest! I've been gaming since i was 3. If you want a match in MKDS, Pokemon, Metroid, Wii, NDS, X360 or want to challenge me to do something in a non Wifi game (NiGHTS Score challenge, Mario Speedrun, etc.)... Go fo it! I'm always up for a game! :D<br /><br />Next is Photoshop, I've been messing with Photoshop for almost a year and a half already. I like to make stuff out of renders, pictures, videos. A challenge peaks my interest! :)
Ya, i believe we are getting ripped on this deal. Even though it's good that we are getting something for the reserve, a DVD isn't like a figurine plus the DVD will get around. Even if Sega would have copied Nintendo and gave us a Coin like w/ SMG, that would be awesome! :D

nirniva

nirniva

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
You can't download a figurine for free off of YouTube.

Figurine wins.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
*Carves DVD into Ninja star thus hocking it at Sega*

Lupilha

Lupilha

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yippee! A Behind-The-Scenes Dvd! Though I never got it, if it was only for those who pre-ordered it, it isn't worth getting. On the other hand, that adorable figurine, I would have pre-ordered the game in a second and I've never pre-ordered before.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Yippee! A Behind-The-Scenes Dvd! Though I never got it, if it was only for those who pre-ordered it, it isn't worth getting. On the other hand, that adorable figurine, I would have pre-ordered the game in a second and I've never pre-ordered before.

The DVD was -supposedly- free with any purchase of an E rated game or E rated Wii game or some crap, which would mean we didn't get JACK for reserving JoD. XD

My PaPETCH NiGHTS figure should pop up at my house soon. ._. I WILL NOT BE DENIED!

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
Definately would rather have the figurine over the DVD. The doll is just too adorable! :blink:

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
Figurines are more collectible.

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*
I was hoping to huggle something, DVD hurt when huggled. D: But the figurine has my vote! ^^b

oki_the_great

oki_the_great

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, role-playing, writing, playing video games, singing, surviving college, history, dreaming, etc.
Yeah I'd rather have the figurine. It's so cute! ^_^ I do like the DVD though....but why do people in Japan get nice things? I want nice things! TT

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm happy I have it but screw that DVD. It's nothing a simple Wikipedia page couldn't tell us.

I was hoping to huggle something, DVD hurt when huggled. D: But the figurine has my vote! ^^b

It doesn't hurt if you know what your doing. You gotta work your way around the radius to get to the comfort zone. You're arms won't get cut or scratch in that zone. Still the doll would be pain free regardless where you put it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users