Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Headaches!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Shae

Shae

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Okay, on occasion I'll wake up after a good night's sleep, fully rested, ready to start the day. Things would be great if I didn't have a HORRIBLE headache! Sometimes I have the worst headaches when I wake up in the morning, usually behind my eyes and in my temples, it's the worst! (And NO, it's not a hang over, I don't drink! xD) The first thing I have to do when I get out of bed is grab some pain killers. I don't know what causes them, but I heard sleep apnea, grinding your teeth at night or just sleeping wrong on your neck may be the problem. Does anyone else experience terrible morning headaches when they wake up? Any solutions? :D

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I've had morning headaches on occasion as well. Mine are usually triggered by one of a few things...

- Caffeine withdrawal
I have a legit addiction to caffeine (hence my semi-spazzy nature XD) and if I go an entire day without drinking any, there's a good chance the next morning I'll wake up in pain and it'll stay like that until I get some coffee or Pepsi in my system.
- Oversleep
Usually happens any time I sleep longer than 12 hours in one shot...so usually weekends after a busy Friday night.
- Neck/head position
Every morning that I've woken up to find my head off my pillow and on the mattress has given me terrible headaches as well as neck pains with the occasional back and shoulder tension too. Probably the most common cause.
- Low alcohol tolerance
NyQuil's done it to me sometimes...but usually a couple shots of hard liquor not to long before falling asleep can do it...

Recently though, instead of headaches I've been having recurring migraines. Within like 2 hours after I wake up from a decent night's sleep I start having vision disturbances and sensitivity to light, followed by a feeling about as pleasant as having your head crushed under the front tire of a Mack truck. It's happened like 8 times in the past three weeks...

The best way I've found to avoid most of this is just to keep a steady sleep routine, get caffeine daily, and make sure that my neck has proper support when I close my eyes...I know it's not much but I figured I'd share my experiences...

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I get those every now and again too, but it's likely due to sleeping funny during the night. My bed's a fold-up futon couch thing, and I've taken to sleeping in it as a couch... bad ideya perhaps? LOL

Actually, I sometimes get headaches when I'm trying to lucid dream too! Most often it's the sort of dream where I feel like I'm falling for ages, and I wake up with a throbbing head. Strange but true! ^^;

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
I normally get these types of headaches if:

- I didn't sleep well enough through the night or nearly no sleep.
- Had experienced too much stress the day before.
- Didn't drink enough water. (Like I had too much pop or bad/ unhealthy types of drinks.)
- Already sick with a cold or worse. (Seasonal only in winter.)
- I need to get my eyes checked again. (I get headaches like that when my eyes get worse and my glasses are well out of date.)
- Have the wrong type of pillow. (Too low or too high gives me headaches.)
- Going to sleep hungry

Try drinking more water.
Getting either more or less sleep. (The average person actually needs only about 8 hours of sleep but some need give or take that number.)
Try sleeping on a different side than you normally do.
Try a different pillow than you normally do.
May be being wrapped too tightly in your blanket might be the problem?
If everything you try doesn't work I would check with a doctor. (It could be any a number of things like anxiety being one example.)

Also since you always go for the pills in the morning please be sure to eat something with them.
It can cause even more problems and because your using it so much its effectiveness will start to not be so effective and actually can start to contribute to the headache.
If using it regularly over a period of a long time like so it can actually cause you to get morning headaches regularly.
This would most generally would be called misuse or overuse of painkillers though if you just started using them regularly like that then I would try to use them less other wise if you have been doing this type of stuff for a very long time I would call a doctor.
I know its kind of ironic that a painkiller can be part of the cause but try (as hard as you might) going without or with less painkillers.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Improper diet, drugs in your system (the painkillers, dude. They're drugs, and they're addictive, like it or not.), too much sugar before bed, you name it. If you wear glasses/contacts, get a new prescription, and if you leave your contacts in overnight, don't do that. All I can suggest is a nasty cup of tea with these weird star things in it (Ask a health food nut. They'll know what I'm talking about), some garlic pills, and... What else does my Dad suggest all the time...? *Shrugs* Go to a health food place and ask around. And if none of that works, I suggest no games or computer for an hour or two before bed. May be crazy, but it may just work, too.

DiSCORD

DiSCORD

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Swimming, Music, NiGHTS.
Uggg... I don't know how many times I woke up with a major headache/ migrain.
For one thing your pellow(s) might be holding your head up to high streching your neck causing the blood to run poorly. Or just over sleeping (I use to do that way to much in the summer).

For me I find (and was the anwser to it for me) that my room was way to quiet so as I fell to sleep I could hear the bload rushing thru my veins in my ears and as I fell deeper into a sleep it became louder as my sences rose. It sounded almost like a terriable ringing noise. Lately I have my raido playing some static on a quiet volume. I still wake up with headaches sometimes though :o
I hope that i could help a little.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Mine normally happen when my alarm goes off in the morning. *AWW! i don't wanna get up! Please let me be!*

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
I constantly get bad headaches when I get up.
While most of the time it's my own fault for drinking and such, that's not always the case. I expect it then, lulz.

For instance, I had a pretty gnarly migrane when I woke up a few days ago. I felt fine before going to bed, got about 8 hours of sleep, and I didn't wake up much during sleep.. Which would usually mean I'm all wide awake and feelin' good, but.. Not this time.

When I don't sleep for days, though, and I finally do get to sleep for a few hours and wake up, I'm fine. What the hell. D:

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
who knows...

Lunia

Lunia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I find that I get headaches if I awaken from a deep dream too quickly, sometimes I can wake up gradually and have a lucid experience.. this seems to be the only time I can do it. Maybe changing your sleeping pattern would work, like going to bed not too late and waking up not too late either helps a bit. Also I've found that your mood really effects this so if you feel bad a lot of the time, talk to your doctor! It does make a difference, my sleeping is much more settled now.. before I had really bad nightmares almost every night!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users