Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Japanese JoD Trailer

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Check Apti lately, finding all these videos. XD

She recently found this Journey of Dreams advert for the Japanese. As short as it is, it makes a nice little impact on the viewer. I love it.
Great find, Apti. :(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9q7GQylotU

--edit--
Needless to say but if anybody manages to get their hands on this trailer, please send it over to us so we can add it to our video section. Cheers. :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*CLING*

ah man it's so great to see an official NiGHTS advert after all these years *snurfle*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yes, I hope we get something snazzy on the teevee for us non Japanese areas of the globe.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yes. And maybe this time they won't be throwing Playstations out of top floor windows to advetise a NiGHTS game, as funny as it was back in the day, lol.

I wanna see NiGHTS fly around the main clock towers in the UK, such as Big Ben in London and the Thistle Hotel clock in Edinburgh. That would be lovely. :(

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Heres hoping it wont involve throwing PS3's out of windows or some boring uk guy droning on and on.

actualy if its a uk wii advert it'll probably have some dim tv celebrity failing at the 2player mode.

i vote the mighty boosh.

JINXDIGIYOUOWEMEAPEPSI

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I owe you nothing, woman. :(

The UK adverts are not that bad. At least there are a LOT of them on the TV, right now. I swear, Channel 4 has Wii adverts all evening long. So, here's hoping NiGHTS will get some screen time. C'MOOON!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Just with less beige and grey nicole kidman.

i hope they dont market it like the frankly frightening pippa funnel horseriding game. I mean i know lots of us girlfolk love NiGHTS but jeeze spare me.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
The ones we get in America (maybe you guys have 'em too) is with the two Japanese guys driving around bringing Wiis to people in different settings (catchphrase "Wii would like to play", with a neat musical track playing by the Yoshida Brothers). Sonic and the Secret Rings was at a carnival, Mario Galaxy is a movie theater, etc. It'd be pretty fitting for JoD's to take place at a circus. The acrobats start playing NiGHTS..

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
no lol we get boring 'lifestyle' adverts like the dreamcast ones featuring 'lovable' celebrities making arses of themselves while flinging around wimotes.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh X3

Mr. Bean playing NiGHTS pls okthxbai

I rather hope they just scrapped the 'Disney' one, while we're on the subject

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

Heres hoping it wont involve throwing PS3's out of windows or some boring uk guy droning on and on.

actualy if its a uk wii advert it'll probably have some dim tv celebrity failing at the 2player mode.

i vote the mighty boosh.

JINXDIGIYOUOWEMEAPEPSI

Not if its an adventure game. Galaxy and Zelda both had good ads. But it's up to Sega's marketing dept really.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Ah yes you speak the truth. Lets see if we can escape the spicegirls.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
This topic gives me an idea! *runs off*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I fear.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I want Bernard Black (Dylan Moran) from Black Books in the NiGHTS Wii ad.

I'd love to see his reaction : D Especially after that episode where he got his hands on a book by Freud : P

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*silent squeal of happieness* 8DDDDDDDDDD I hope the rest of the world gets an advert that awesome!!! *imagines NiGHTS zipping through NYC*

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
*Hugs New Realplayer Update*
I can rip it off Youtube! XD
Very nice commercial. Too bad Youtube lowered the quality so that we couldn't see NiGHTS all that clearly. Ah, well. I'll send in the commercial... Once I find out where Realplayer put it. XD
Edit: I sent two mails. One without the commercial (Forgot to tack it on there. XD) and one with. It's in FLV Format, the same one Youtube uses. So, what I'm hoping that means is that anyone who can watch Youtube can watch it without fail. ... I hope. XD
Too bad I can't do this with every vid I come across... Stinking dialup...

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, that was definitely a short-but-sweet ad. i wonder how often it is running. The only thing that could top that is if the American "Wii Would like to play" ad took place in the desert, and then the desert changes with the action onscreen.

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
what I find most interesting is the date on the signboard says 2007-12-13... so more credit to the idea that the delay is false.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

what I find most interesting is the date on the signboard says 2007-12-13... so more credit to the idea that the delay is false.

cookies for you <_< Posted Image

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Let me see if I can get it for you. Hold on...

EDIT: Got the video, sending it now.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

It's in FLV Format, the same one Youtube uses. So, what I'm hoping that means is that anyone who can watch Youtube can watch it without fail. ... I hope. XD

If you tried to download it you would need a .flv player. .flv players suck. If you could convert to .wmv or .avi however, it could be downloaded regularly.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I just got it as an .avi and sent it in. Hopefully they'll get it soon and it will work for everyone.

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

cookies for you <_< Posted Image

OMG COOKIES FOR ME?! Thank you!

ooooooo and they are fudgey chocolate mint with marshmallow goo! my favorite!

*consumes gleefully*

I would think it odd to show the dec 13th release date this close to that day and have it be wrong

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Cheers, CrazyInABottle. We got the clip and will be putting it up on the site soon. Thanks for sending it over. <_<

As for the delay...yeah, i agree. That PR guy in Amsterdam was CERTAINLY misinformed about this game then *sigh* ... as we say in Turkish, 'esek'. ¬_¬

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
You're welcome! Anytime someone finds a new video on youtube or some other related site, let me know and I'll get them within a few mintues.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
FLV Player? What? Realplayer isn't an FLV Player, to my knowledge. It plays almost anything I throw at it, to be honest. ... Except newer Quicktime stuff, but that was before the update, so I might be able to play that now, too... I've played the commercial several times in Realplayer, as well as the 'Making of NiGHTS: JoD' thing I downloaded off Youtube. They all work fine.

However, I did just try to play it in Windows Media Player... >.< Doesn't work there, unfortunately. There may be a plug-in you can find, but I don't have it. And My WMP is up-to-date, I think.

XD D*mn my lack of fore-sight. Good going, though, Crazyinabottle. XD You're more competent than I. XD

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Good going, though, Crazyinabottle. XD You're more competent than I.

I just have no life. XP

I still don't know what to think about this. Not that I doubt the game is coming out within a matter of days, but why they didn't do a delay for everywhere and have a world-wide release like they said? I'd love more polish and fix, but then again I'm getting so desperate to play this! Argh! Complex! Brain asplode!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thanks to the pair of you for your efforts : )

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Yes. And maybe this time they won't be throwing Playstations out of top floor windows to advetise a NiGHTS game, as funny as it was back in the day, lol.

Its still kinda funny now and oh so memorable though. I just don't want them do to that face thing again though... But the weirder they are, the more memorable they will be. Like that wrestling game for the Wii commercial. Couple guys turn down looking at women at the pool and play the Wii instead. Actually.....thats kinda stupid but its different from what you usually see here on American TV.

If they for some reason put a sexy model in a JOD commercial then I will be very unhappy. T_T But I doubt that.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

As for the delay...yeah, i agree. That PR guy in Amsterdam was CERTAINLY misinformed about this game then *sigh* ... as we say in Turkish, 'esek'. ¬_¬

That must really be winding you up DiGi, didn't you ask him several times about the confirmation of the release? and he was 100% swear on his mums life completly and utterly correct about the world wide release NEXT YEAR?

I'm surprised you didn't shake him into confirming it. hehe shake the truth out of him.

Seriously SEGA EU get it together -_-;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Not just me but Niraven and TRiPPY also asked him "are you sure?" literaly well over 10 times....and he told us all "yes".
He seemed sure on his answer. Now i'm thinking he wasn't. It is slightly irritating when an actual Sega PR tells you face to face that the game is getting released worldwide next year but then you later find out he's wrong. Go Go, Sega PR.

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Not just me but Niraven and TRiPPY also asked him "are you sure?" literaly well over 10 times....and he told us all "yes".
He seemed sure on his answer. Now i'm thinking he wasn't. It is slightly irritating when an actual Sega PR tells you face to face that the game is getting released worldwide next year but then you later find out he's wrong. Go Go, Sega PR.

OMG NiGHTS JoD is OUT in Japan. I'm not particularly sure about commercial availability, but it IS downloadable in pirate circles. No word as to whether the jap release works on US or EU wiis though.

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
well that just about confirms that it's coming out next week then... good for me, now I can actually get it on launch day rather than having to wait for the weekend after to get to the store.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

OMG NiGHTS JoD is OUT in Japan. I'm not particularly sure about commercial availability, but it IS downloadable in pirate circles. No word as to whether the jap release works on US or EU wiis though.

Are you serious? They could have a least waited about two weeks before they start pirating things. I'm impatient as well but it's not enough to go to jail for lol

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Are you serious? They could have a least waited about two weeks before they start pirating things. I'm impatient as well but it's not enough to go to jail for lol

That's the word out on the "scene" - I don't have it myself, so there is no proof I can provide. All I can say is that NiGHTS JOD JAP has been listed as released on a "reputable" pirate listing forum.....if there is such a thing.

Expect youtube to be inundated with clips in the next 48 hours!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Expect youtube to be inundated with clips in the next 48 hours!!

Well, if that happens then we'll be keeping links to it off from this forum. We don't want video's ruining the story for the fans that have waited as long as they have for this. If any of you people are that eager to watch JoD on YouTube however then by all means go and look for it but don't link anything back here because it will be deleted. Cheers. -_-

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
*FANSQUEE* The most wonderful 14 seconds spent on a commercial EVER! Whoever thought it up deserves cookies and a promotion. XD

As for the release... holy cow. It's really coming close now, ain't it? O_o; I mean if Japan is set to get it danged soon, then... GAH!! *flails* We'd better set some ground rules on JOD topics post-release, post-haste! There might be more to watch out for besides Youtube vids soon. Spoiler tags, or no topics at all?

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
*is too HYPER EXCITED to speek* @w@

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
...it's SO hard to study when things like this happens <: D *dies*
I won't have the game and i love spoilers. Youtube is going to be my second house. XD~~ mrrglee
And i love that trailer ;u; city lights <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users