Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iizuka goodies page uploaded!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Just finished uploading something kinda special.

It's the page i promised with Video/Audio of the recent Iizuka interview.

And things that make me want to explode into a vast cloud of TRiPPYdust from happyness that i recieved thismorning.

GO SEE.

http://www.nightsint...a/interview.htm

: D

Thankyou to ArchangelUK, Mike, G and Iizuka ofcourse.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations! =D *envies your boxart/poster*

I'm sad though...the link to the video thing brings me to a wall of datatext. Any idea what might be wrong?

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Again I can't think of anyone that deserves this more than you, TRiPPY. Absolutely awesome! I'd have to say of all the gifts the fact Iizuka signed your artwork is the coolest and most amazing of them all. That must just mean the world to you, I mean, literally!

More surprises in store? I'm hoping that means a large shipment of plushies and other NiGHTS goodies to you, lol. Keep us posted as always, simply awesome.

P.S. I'm so honored I got to see your artwork before it got signed. :P I remember how amazed I was with it and I can certainly see Iizuka having the same reaction.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hmmmmmmm have you tried right clicking and saving as perhaps? o.o

It's a phone type video.

Niraven- Aaahhahah when i opened the tube i nearly dropped dead. *will treasure forever*

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Yeah, I have, it registered as a .txt. Ah well, I'm probably just missing the program, heh. No big deal, everything is still incredible news

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
.3GP files open with Quicktime. If it's saving as a .txt then change it to .3GP and shove it into Quicktime.

Is anyone else having this problem? It might be something to do with the uploads because PSD files used to turn into text too. If it IS I'll ask Myst to see if he can fix it to download/upload proper.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Ooo, ver' nice loot you got there... I wonder what else is on the way? o_o

The video had a bunch of stuff we haven't seen before, pity it's such low quality ;_; but beggars can't be choosers I guess...
I like how they have remixed Gate of Your Dream music for the 'choose a dreamer' menu.

Is this the final build of the game, for sure?

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Dude this is... so incredibly awesome. 8D
The only thing I can really think of to say is congratulations. You guys absolutely deserve it :P

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Ah, that worked, thanks! =D

It looks pretty awesome. Still watching it, but yay cutscenes!

Edit: Noes. NiGHTS got jumped Elliot/Claris style! Ouch.

Arkiee

Arkiee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well I can't think of anyone more deserving to get a bunch of NiGHTS goodies then you and DiGi, its nice to see SEGA taking care of its fans that have been with them for over a decade, ah good on you!

Iizuka reaction to Selph was, as I had guessed, priceless, listening to that first and checking the videos later.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD i love how he spoke English about the Selph stuff hahah. I'm going to get Seiya to translate word for word what he says though.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Ohohoho, nice!

I kept cranking up the volume on the vid in order to hear the voices... I can hear Will and NiGHTS okay, but every time Reala opens his mouth, Iizuka starts talking too loudly for me to hear. :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Ohohoho, nice!

I kept cranking up the volume on the vid in order to hear the voices... I can hear Will and NiGHTS okay, but every time Reala opens his mouth, Iizuka starts talking too loudly for me to hear. :P

I wonder if he was doing that on purpose....

Should I wonder as to why he signed on Reala's ass? O.O

Nice Poster. Way better than what we got here in America.

(Note: Funny as to after some time of all this uploading the forum goes down...)

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
D'awww.... You guys are SOOO LUCKY!!! ^w^

So much coooolness! *squees in delight for TRiPPY and DiGi's incredible accomplishments*

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Heheheh... He signed Reala's butt XD Never gonna get over that now are you Trip? Your amazing artwork is so awesome -the- Iizuka wanted to nick it XD

Lol, he has a nice laugh XD And bah, I wish I could get the video to play the sound >:P *tries some more* Hmph. It keeps saying 'error' I can get the video to play in another program, but the sound wont. Bah at it :(

But the interview is cool, and Trip, don't be surprised if a bunch of rabid NiGHTS fans turn up at your door after that poster ;D

More surprises on the way? Can't wait to see lol

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Too bad I'll have to wait until later to check it out. I've got school. I'm sure it's cool though.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Kyaha, note to self; read the thread before clicking random stuff. XDDDD *experienced major computer lag from that monster wall of datatext* I'd save them to my computer, but I haven't been able to play stuff on any video-playing programs in over a year (except Youtube and the like, if those count). ;-;

EDIT: Nyaaaaaaaa, I can't even do that! ;-;

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Great page! I love the fact that he signed all of that stuff, and I admire your nobility in not putting them on eBay. Problem is, now every NiGHTS fan in the world will want to get in on your will.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wo-hoho, congrats guys! Hell yeah

Heh, who keeps sipping a big gulp? Making me want one..
That little movie with Reala at the beginning of Pure Valley better be skippable after you've seen it already.. couldn't really hear anyone, 'cept NiGHTS's rather yucky "let me go!"
Dammit voice actor.. if you guys manage to get her in the DreamCast, hoo boy..

Hey, the original Dream Hub music is back! W00t!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oh man, the forums were busted last night, otherwise I'd've spent the whole evening goggling over this! 8D

TRiPPY and DiGi, you two are soooo deserving of those goodies! And Iizuka signed your pics! LOL I prolly wouldn't report that as art theft either. XD "Official endorsement" perhaps?

I'll watch the whole vid after work.. man, this is incredible...!

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

Hmmmmmmm have you tried right clicking and saving as perhaps? o.o

It's a phone type video.

Niraven- Aaahhahah when i opened the tube i nearly dropped dead. *will treasure forever*

Right clicking the file icon once its saved and clicking "open with" quicktime seemed to get it working for me.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Can't wait to watch those videos!

segastudioUSA

segastudioUSA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Takashi Iizuka, Sega Studio USA, Animation, San Francisco.
Takashi is my inspiration for getting into the game industry.
Man, I'm really jealous that the staff members here got to meet Takashi.
funny that there were only 26 people working on the game. That's about the same amount of staff that worked on Shadow the Hedgehog. It was made by the same team anyway.
Does anyone hear know Iizuka's Email? I'd like to contact him on a possible job at his US studio :(
Amazing video though. One of these days they may bring a Sonic Team division from Japan to the Sega of Europe building since 80% of Sonic Team's fanbase is in the US and Europe.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
I right-clicked and "saved as" for the video, and it works just fine on Quicktime.

Quick question for you guys, though.
Is Iizuka's "Selph" reaction in the video, or just the audio? The video is a fishing half hour long and I can't seem to find that spot in it.

Can anyone give me an approximate time for that moment? Thank you!

In other news, JoD looks beautiful. And that's not even a clear picture! XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The audio covers the interview (selph bit) and the video covers the game demonstration.

Hope that helps :3

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Awww if only the video was clear. It's a little hard to hear and see things but at least we get to see what the game will be like secondhand in a more detailed way. Nice work TRiPPY :(

The new transition between levels and boss fights are okay but I'll always like the original's better. I don't know why though.

I love the music in that big area with the fountain, shame I forgot what it was called that fast. The rollercoaster part seems so awesome already. I'm a speed freak after all.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Um... I know this might be defeating the purposes of making this a site-exclusive thing, but could someone pretty please put the video on Youtube; I can't pick anything out from that wall of text, especially since it gives my computer monster-lag.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
That 'Selph' question resulted in a short conversation between Iizuka and the woman translator starting up. You can hear the woman and Iizuka clearly talk to eachother after that question was asked but the woman only translates a small line of what Iizuka said... so we're wondering what they were saying to eachother during that short exchange of sentences. Seiya has agreed to translate the interview a bit more so we can find out what Iizuka and the woman said.

As for the video ... NiGHTS' "let me go" line does sound a bit shabby but i'm sure i'll be used to it by the time i've finished writing this post, lol.
And is it me or are those Pians talking in that cutscene? o.o

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Are the videos supposed to work for Internet Explorer? *switched from Firefox, since other people seem able to view it, but the pop-up that pops up has been saying 'done' for a while* I'm hoping it's still loading...

EDIT: *begins laughing hysterically once the vid finally loads* It's so freaking small!!! ..... I do understand now that that's only because it was taken from a cell phone, so I really shouldn't be laughing. ..... ~Snnnnerrrrrrrrrk~ Anyway... YAY! I can play Quicktime stuff in IE!!! =^-^= *skipdances*

ANOTHER EDIT: ..... I keep waiting for Will to go splat. XDDDD The falling animation looks kinda stupid, but maybe it'll look better when someone gets larger footage. ^^; *shuts up now and watches*

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

As for the video ... NiGHTS' "let me go" line does sound a bit shabby but i'm sure i'll be used to it by the time i've finished writing this post, lol.
And is it me or are those Pians talking in that cutscene? o.o

i was thinking that o_o maybe they're talking pian-ish :3

More news of glee <3! i'm so happy with this game ;u; can't wait to it to release, rmmrmr glee.
i like how NiGHTS's voice sounds now @w@ even if i didn't get used to it the first time
lol and i love how Izuka's tone of voice changes whe he asks about Selph XDDDDDDD ...."They?..."

congratulations for the Izuka's signature mrs TRiP! : D today is a goodfandomday!

Foofums

Foofums

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, video games, food, dreaming, food, food
I haven't watched the videos yet, but I just wanted to comment on the fact Iizuka wrote his name on Reala's ass, and I lol'd. (edit: ohwait, that's not news :C Ohwell, still funny)

Great job on the page, Imma go watch the videos now.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I can't think of Reala's entrance anymore without Mission Impossible music playing in my head. XDDDD *lols @ the cornyness of a 'float/repel down from the ceiling' entrance, especially since Will & Owl don't notice, despite the fleeing Pians, and NiGHTS doesn't even point it out* I do believe he was showing Reala massive disrespect by turning around while talking to him in a very obvious 'you are so not worth my time' manner. XDDDD *hugs NiGHTS*

..... Dangit, I wanted to hear ReeRee taaaaaaaaaaaalk!!! <_<

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
I LOVE that they kept a lot of the sound effects from the original NiGHTS. The dream gate music especially. And I like the falling animation. It's similar to how Claris and Elliot would enter a dream.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Yays for ya'll on the signed stuffs! The ultimate reward for making this fansite that might as well be official.

Havent been able to see the video yet :( gotta wait 22 more minutes for download and I hope it works.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I just got an email from Seiya saying that she's recently seen a video somewhere and it has Reala's voice in it and it can be heard clearly. Unfortunately she didn't tell me where she saw it and i can't reply to her email to ask because i'm using the Wii. We all know how these Wii's have a max text limit when writing emails/comments/messages.

So, whoever finds the/a video with Reala's voice in it (and as long as the video doesn't spoil too much of the story in the clip), be sure to link us to it.

NOW GO!!

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

I just got an email from Seiya saying that she's recently seen a video somewhere and it has Reala's voice in it and it can be heard clearly. Unfortunately she didn't tell me where she saw it and i can't reply to her email to ask because i'm using the Wii. We all know how these Wii's have a max text limit when writing emails/comments/messages.

So, whoever finds the/a video with Reala's voice in it (and as long as the video doesn't spoil too much of the story in the clip), be sure to link us to it.

NOW GO!!

I've read that you can hear Reala's voice just fine in the MP footage videos, or is that more of just grunting? I try not to spoil too many modes/footage for myself... I'll post a link if I find more.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Has anybody on their PC tried asking Seiya? I was thinking about doing that but she has most likely received a few messages about the video by now.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, to be fair, she's really quite busy with assignments so it's best if we don't all run and ask her. I will email her tonight anyway when i'm at the PC. I was just suggesting that until then, if any of you guys come across it online then let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users