Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No PS2 NiD release ANYWHERE!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

LiGHTS

LiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
It's not all roses however, it turns out that the PS2 remake of the original game is Japan only. Perhaps it will be ported to the Wii in the future. Still, no harm in wishing. ~from this websites front page on the update section.~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRGHHHH! Well, no NiGHTS for me.
I was banking on playing this remake on my PS2 and then if it was a good as the original (which i used to own years ago before my saturn died), I was going to shell out the cash for a Wii to get the sequal. Now though, theres no way Im spending my money on a Wii for a sequel when I can't play the original without getting my arse on ebay to buy yet ANOTHER sega saturn thats warranty went out years ago and will probably die on me sonner than the old saturn because of age! Story of my life. Bad monkey, Sega, bad! This thread is for whining about no USA UK CANADA MEXICO CHINA ANY!!!!! country releases. Rant over...

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Just modchip your PS2 and import the game, and it should be fine ;-) I'm planning to do the same as well ;-)

Region codes suck arse and they don't stop piracy, they piss people off. Especially when you buy a LEGIT copy of something overseas and find it won't play. Heck I chipped my Wii so I could play imports.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films

Just modchip your PS2 and import the game, and it should be fine ;-) I'm planning to do the same as well ;-)

Yeah, I modded my Saturn just so I could import Radient Silvergun way back when. And it looks like this NiD remake is just the game to make me bother with all the indepedence soft mod.

In a way, I'm (a bit) more excited about the remake than JoD (primarily because I dont have a wii)... is that wrong of me? lol

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
An alternative is to let Sega know how you feel about this. If there is enough demand for something a company might reconsider the situation. Take Capcom for instance. They listen to fan input all the time. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations were brought to the west supposedly by fan response alone.

What are you waiting for? Write Sega now!

Arkiee

Arkiee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
A little bit of reassurance for people if they write to SEGA.

Yakuza was a bomb for SEGA in America, it was released September 2006 and has only managed to sell 70,000 copies, it flopped, so the sequel which was released in Japan recently (Yakuza + Yakuza 2 has sold like 1.5 million in Japan alone) was very much in doubt, but a lot of people wanted the sequel to be brought to the West, and lo and behold, Yakuza 2 is confirmed for a 2008 release, now if only people by it this time round, Yakuza Kensan could make its way to the West soon too.

Another tale, Virtua Fighter 5 360 originally didn't have a Japanese release date, so a few fans complained to SEGA of Japan, and lo and behold, its coming out in Japan.

So complaining to SEGA does work, just got to hope a lot of other people are complaining with you.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
It's stupid to keep it to Japan. Either do it all over, or not at all. Hopefully Sega will get the message..

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Like I once said, SEGA must be considering bringing the NiGHTS remake outside Japan since it was brought up in those Iizuka interviews. I don't know if Iizuka is in charge of the remake but someone must enlighten SEGA of the demand it has in Europe and the United States. A Wii version would be nice too but I don't know how SEGA will market it. Will it be a retail release, an online downloadable or packed in with Journey of Dreams?

Arkiee

Arkiee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It could also, depend on how well NiGHTS: Journey of Dream sells before SEGA will jump on and release the remake here, people should remember SEGA said they can see themselves supporting the Playstation 2 until 2009, so it is entirely possible if the sequel is successful they'll be bringing it over here.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Apparently this is something Japan does often, releasing old skool games re-done for nostalgia although they beleive there isn't a large enough demand unless the game is epic (see Metal Gear Solid - Legend of Twin Snakes for GC)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just a matter of time, i think. They would be stupid to not release it over here...and i think after that interview with Iizuka last Friday, i think he knows this fanbase is quite bloody huge in the US and UK. Just give it some time. He'll port it to us eventualy. If he doesn't, we'll just bombared Sega with emails again. S'no problem, my friend. :D

Arkiee

Arkiee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Just a matter of time, i think. They would be stupid to not release it over here...and i think after that interview with Iizuka last Friday, i think he knows this fanbase is quite bloody huge in the US and UK. Just give it some time. He'll port it to us eventualy. If he doesn't, we'll just bombared Sega with emails again. S'no problem, my friend. :D

Yeah, the part at the end...

Iizuka: There are currently no plans for the PS2 version to be released outside of Japan, and no plans for a Wii version either. It is being released in Japan, due to the high demand for the game. So there are no plans for a worldwide releaseā€¦ so far

Makes you think they are planning something. Funny how no one at Kotaku seems to have noticed that last bit.

LiGHTS

LiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yeah I might write Sega. Last night when I wrote the topic I was in shock. As you can tell by my writing I pulled a toddler and threw myself on the floor kicking and screaming. But hey, this is the fanbase. If you are going to throw a fit, what better place to do it other than outside Sega's front door :D ? *stands outside Sega with big protest signs*

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I still believe that it's coming to other continents. Video game companies are a sneaky and tricky bunch. They are hard to predict but you just have to pay very close attention :D

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

Yeah, he also knows that we all have Wii consoles because of JoD. *VERY hopeful*

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Generally, if they say that a game will stay in Japan, unless there is an amazing reception sales-wise, it will stay that way. Just ask all of us Earthbound fans about Mother 3. Or...don't. Too many bad feelings there. Actually, the situation with Earthbound is very similar to that of NiGHTS. I think that the old franchise being introduced next year will be Earthbound...just hoping.

Anyway, this is very bad news for all of you, and somewhat for me. I was not going to buy the game anyway, unless (as would probably be the case) my will would break down.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I wrote to Sega, but they never Replied.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

OLD POST:Sucks you had to learn the hard way. I never bothered.

NEW POST:I am sorry. That was so rude of me. I had somewhat of a bad night last night. Never stop what you are doing. Annoy them to hell until your demands are met :D

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

How long ago did you send the letter? It could be that, since Sega of America's all the way in California, it takes a while to go through the postal system.

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Well I just bought a PS2 today (a preowned fat PS2 (an old fat one too, as it's got the firewire port and MADE IN JAPAN written on it) from EBGames) and I'm modchipping the sucker so I can run NiD. ;-)

Why Sega must you only release NiD PS2 in Japan? I don't know.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I sent the letter 1-2 weeks ago, I live on the tip of florida. Im not sure if they got it and never replied/havent gotten it yet. I even drew them a pic. :(

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Well I just bought a PS2 today (a preowned fat PS2 (an old fat one too, as it's got the firewire port and MADE IN JAPAN written on it) from EBGames) and I'm modchipping the sucker so I can run NiD. ;-)

Why Sega must you only release NiD PS2 in Japan? I don't know.

That might not have been the smartest thing to do but hey there's a 50/50 chance it's staying in Europe. I'd at least wait until January 29th to recieve news of if it's coming to the states and Europe.

At least we aren't the only ones who feel this disgust:
http://kotaku.com/ga...only-328959.php

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

That might not have been the smartest thing to do but hey there's a 50/50 chance it's staying in Europe. I'd at least wait until January 29th to recieve news of if it's coming to the states and Europe.

At least we aren't the only ones who feel this disgust:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/giant-face/nights...only-328959.php

Well there's a few Jap and US PS2 imports as well as PAL PS2 games I want to play anyway, but everything I see, Sega seems to be dead set on releasing this in Japan, which I think is a dumb move like them releasing the 32X. I'm Australian and we get sh!t for games, which is why mod chips are legal here (as long as the device has a region code). We PAL gamers did get the Altered Beast remake but that was supposed to be shithouse.

LiGHTS

LiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The way I see it. I will get NiGHTS one of two ways.
1) they release it on ps2 in america.
2) they put it on wii after the sequel.

The two ways I refuse to buy any game of such high demand.
1) spend the money to modchip my ps2 and import the game.
2) Go out and buy another Saturn after Ive already owned one and there is a perfectly good remake for ps2.

The reason for the latter two is the principal of the thing. Fans shouldnt have to hunt down an old system for one game when there is a remake available for the current systems but SEGA doesnt want to release it. Also, I shouldnt have to pay the extra money for chipping my ps2 to import a game that could just as easily be made for america. I would never pay the money to chip a system even if the tech was givin to me for free. Its the principal of the thing.
*walks off humming the tune to Super Mario Brothers* Its ok I suppose. My SNES has been getting lovin lately. And when I want a game for it I can get emu's and rom's. Im losing faith in SEGA. The genesis games were gold. It seems that since the tragedy with the saturn and dreamcast they havent been the same. I blame that partially on Sony, and partially on nintendo. Although I still *heart* nintendo, they have been part of the dirty deeds in VG history. Sony were the worst though. Since they hit the market they have been hell bent on stopping the opposition by any means. Whats worse, aside from the rare gem, ps2 wasnt that great, and ps3 isnt looking appetizing either for the price. The only system I may get in 6 months if I get any of this new Gen is Wii. But the way things are looking, the video game industry is becoming as shallow and for-the-rich-only as everything else cool out there.

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

2) Go out and buy another Saturn after Ive already owned one and there is a perfectly good remake for ps2.

The reason for the latter two is the principal of the thing. Fans shouldnt have to hunt down an old system for one game when there is a remake available for the current systems but SEGA doesnt want to release it. Also, I shouldnt have to pay the extra money for chipping my ps2 to import a game that could just as easily be made for america. I would never pay the money to chip a system even if the tech was givin to me for free. Its the principal of the thing.
*walks off humming the tune to Super Mario Brothers* Its ok I suppose. My SNES has been getting lovin lately. And when I want a game for it I can get emu's and rom's. Im losing faith in SEGA. The genesis games were gold. It seems that since the tragedy with the saturn and dreamcast they havent been the same. I blame that partially on Sony, and partially on nintendo. Although I still *heart* nintendo, they have been part of the dirty deeds in VG history. Sony were the worst though. Since they hit the market they have been hell bent on stopping the opposition by any means. Whats worse, aside from the rare gem, ps2 wasnt that great, and ps3 isnt looking appetizing either for the price. The only system I may get in 6 months if I get any of this new Gen is Wii. But the way things are looking, the video game industry is becoming as shallow and for-the-rich-only as everything else cool out there.

Well if you own an old fat PS2 (not the slim) and know a mate who owns a chipped PS2, use the INDEPENDENCE exploit on your PS2 if you don't want to spend the money on a modchip.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Funny enough I don't blame Sony or Nintendo. I truly blame Microsoft. You know, with the Xbox that came out of no where just to get them more money and sadly it worked. At least Sony got into the competition for a reason since they were trying to help Nintendo create a CD peice for the SNES after SEGA made the SEGA CD thing. After Nintendo ended the project Sony just decided to use what they had and voilą they created the success that is the Playstation series. Nintendo have been hard at work since the 1800's so I'm not even gonna diss them. They are a very hardworking company. However I do understand that rich people thing. People that are struggling like me and my family are finding it harder to get the things they want. HDTVs are way too much money for something that will soon become a standard in the U.S.

But I guess what I'm trying to say here is... f*** Microsoft. Yeah that pretty much sums it all up.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!
*Hides gamertag* Um, what is with all the hate on Microsoft? I hate to go off-topic, but if you look back, both Sony and Nintendo have made some shady deals to screw customers as well...so no company is truly 'clean'.

On-topic: There really is no need to mod necessarily...there are alternatives as well (much like I have done with my Saturns). Still, I rather support Sega for a good game, than some other crappy 'Sonic 360-type' game... =/

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Wee. This is what happens when I don't check the forums for 3 days XD;.

Ok.

Honestly, I see PS2 NiD coming to America sometime. Not yet. But soon. o3o.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Sorry for asking this.. *she knows this is a stupid question* But how do you modchip a PS2? >.<

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
The easiest way is to get a Memor32 and put the patched firmware on it if you own a PAL fat PS2. I don't know if it works on the slim. Just whack the modified memor32 into your PS2's memory card slot and boom, your PS2 is modchipped.

NTSC PS2s will either need the Independence exploit (only works on fat PS2s), SwapMagic (fat/slim) or get someone to solder in a modchip (fat/slim). See Google for instructions for the Independence exploit.

Hope this helps Go Dreamer ;-)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I'd wait patiently and see; I don't really know anything at all about this industry, but it likely won't require too much more work to make this international, so I believe it's just a matter of time should JoD do well. Note also that the English site is advertising the old game - I don't believe they'd do that so explicitly unless they're at least seriously considering bringing the PS2 version over. ..... I can't help but agree with people, though, on the fact that, should JoD's or NiDforPS2's sales not go well enough, that idea is likely to be scrapped, since they are a company and can't take a risk that's not going to pay off. It's not that they're being miserly money-grubbers, they just need to make income to stay afloat and attract potential employees with their success (not say that nobody here knows that - my mind's just gone off on a tangent).

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

The easiest way is to get a Memor32 and put the patched firmware on it if you own a PAL fat PS2. I don't know if it works on the slim. Just whack the modified memor32 into your PS2's memory card slot and boom, your PS2 is modchipped.

NTSC PS2s will either need the Independence exploit (only works on fat PS2s), SwapMagic (fat/slim) or get someone to solder in a modchip (fat/slim). See Google for instructions for the Independence exploit.

Hope this helps Go Dreamer ;-)

Thanks so much Wocko!! ^_^ *copies instructions down*

Hmm... I'll have to ask my older sister if she has a fat or slim PS2 model!

Wait........ >.< I'm not to sure what a memor32 or patch firmware is either *is clueless*... But I don't want to bother you with more stupid questions, I guess I should head over to Wikipedia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users