Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A message to NiD.Com from Sega

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yesterday i was contacted out of the blue by Sega, not the Benelux PR or anyone I'm familiar with, you might have heard me squeal about it in the JoD offtopic topic lastnight. But yes, big things are going down here at the .Com. I wish i was lying... wait.. no i don't.

I come bearing a message from Sega to the .Com:

"We haven’t forgotten you… far, far from it."

Awesome behind the scenes stuff is being planned for us (even I'm in the dark about this lol). So join me in waiting anxiously like a small annoying child on a car trip.

I was also given a few things for the site (which was nice and thoughtful). But yeah, I'll ask tonight how much i can blab about. Then I'll return to this topic and spill the beans (provided i am given beans to spill)(man surprises scare me).

:o Feel the Sega love people~

... i guess this makes up for the Mario and Sonic incident >_>

Windowlicker

Windowlicker

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Please beg them to release PS2 NiGHTS in the US and UK.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I second that request for the PS2 version of NiGHTS to see a UK and US release, though I wonder what else they may have planned for us?

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
im atwitter at the thought of what they have in store for us...and yet at the same time, i cant extinguish this annoying fear of what it may be...
bah... i wish it would go away...

regardless, this is wonderful to know...

(struck with sega love)

(cries)

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
Holy WOAH!! thats awesome!!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Aww, that's really cool, and it's very nice to hear that they care about their fanbase.

Heh, this game really yanks me around. It's a rollercoaster of excitement and horror. One moment I'm all, $EGAAAAA! :angry: , and then I find out about spiffy things that are going into the game, and I feel all "YAY AWESOME" :lol:

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
I'm so happy for you, TRiPPY!
That's why I love you so much, all the fanbase in the whole and every person in particular - you are so wonderful you can make them LISTEN to you, and actually reply back!

but gaaaahhh... can't help thinking about U.V.... don't know why, just can't help thinking about him!

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
This..... really makes me happy.
Like, not just superficial ZOMG-fangirl-squee happy, but like... restored-faith-in-the-goodness-of-humanity happy. Serious.

Even if this "surprise" they're talking about doesn't end up being anything all that great, just the fact that they know we're here at all and are listening and paying attention to us on a personal level just... makes me want to run outside and hug a tree or something.

I love being a part of this fanbase. <3

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Its nice to hear, but its more news of 'I am learning about some really cool stuff. Sorry I can't tell you though.' It gets my hopes up but then come crashing down when I realise I can't hear about any of this information until the game comes out or something. Ah well. Nice to know you are feeling happy.

It will make me feel better if you hear news and are able to tell us 'Its good! You will be pleased. There is nothing to cry about.' That will at least comfort me a little. However, what you like and what I like are kinda different sometimes....so I am still left in the dark.

I will sit back and wait patiently now. Hopefully this won't turn out like a certain topic we had many many weeks ago. This time I will not contribute to the damage.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
*waits anxiously*

YAY I hope you can tell us lots of cool stuff soon! *is patient*

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I second that request for the PS2 version of NiGHTS to see a UK and US release, though I wonder what else they may have planned for us?

THIRD!!! :angry:

I wanna hear it :9 Go SEGA!!!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I fourth the PS2 NiGHTS request and must note that I'm on the verge of going into a spastic fangirl seizure wondering what this is. Congratulations on not being forgotten, everyone! ^-^ *hands out imaginary cake*

randomrhys

randomrhys

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:well, gamewise, my favourite video games are NiGHTS (obviously!), final fantasy, broken sword, dreamfall and tomb raider. i love going to parties and raving it up with my friends.
this is so cool! it's a really intruiging, cheeky message (cheeky in a fun, stylish way) i can't wait to find out what they mean!

Nightz

Nightz

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:ERRR NIGHTS ?
SEGA LOVES US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*faints like a old woman* , Im getting that rela feeling again YAY !!!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Digi's voice was heard Loud and clear~ lol

Madfish

Madfish

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:RPG's, Fanfiction, Sleeping, cartoons and comic

Awesome behind the scenes stuff is being planned for us (even I'm in the dark about this lol). So join me in waiting anxiously like a small annoying child on a car trip.

Is it hear yet? <g>

-----------------

"Any note you can hold I can hold longer
I can hold any note longer than you
No you can't
Yes I can
No you can't
Yes I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
an
Where do you keep all that air?"

- "Anything You Can Do"

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, when we got the first email out of the blue i honestly thought i was about to be grilled for something or another. XD;;

But, yes. I'm hoping this leads us to bigger and better things. Judging by the sounds of the emails we've been sent recently, Sega have quite a few things in store....at least they say they do. Me and TRiP have no idea what it is this time.

Actually.. the "we havn't forgotten you" line is probably them reminding me that i'm still on their 'Most Wanted' list. *whistles to himself and walks away*

But, in all seriousness, i'm really glad Sega are actually contacting us. I spent ages complaining about other game companies being in-touch with their fans and i wondered why Sega wasn't doing this. But now they have and i'm happy. They mentioned that they appreciated the work we do here at our website and that they have plans for us. As i said, let's hope it something reaaaaal good. ^___^

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
oooooooooooooooh....very cool! It's awesome that Sega is keeping the community in mind and is in contact.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Yes, I hope it's actually something worth while and not just pretend. You can't blame NiGHTS fans for being a little rude to niceness after all the crap we've been through over the years.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I agree with you. This fanbase has been through a lot over the last decade. I actually thought this was all part of some elaborate prank, at first. I really did. I never imagined Sega would actually sit up and take notice of us. But they are and i really think that if this is the case then we can expect some good things from Sega now. True, don't get your hopes up too high...just be happy in the fact that they know we're here and they can see us. Let's hope it pays off. :)

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Ooooh! Very intriguing indeed....*shifty eyes* RUN DIGI! DEY 'COMMIN TA GET YA!! lol, but in seriousnessness...ness...I'm really excited about this even though I'm not part of the awesomeness to come to you two. And honestly I din't give a damn about if this suspense is worth it, I'm just glad to know that Sega's acknowledging that we (most of us still) exist as fans. That and they see what we want, hate, are happy about and wish to never be hinted in this new game. I'm very happy to know that we are somewhat let out of the dark....or at least you two WILL be hopefully...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Trust me, as soon as i A- find out what theyre planning for us and B- get the all clear to say stuff i will be up on this place faster than childline on Reala.

What i CAN say however is that something awesome is coming tommorow. I'll be able to report on it tommorow night provided it all goes smoothly and i recieve an email. *crosses fingers* Remember how i said we have someone in Sonicteam answering our questions? Someone who uh... knows what theyre talking about?

Someone like Takashi Iizuka perhaps?

DUN DUN DUN.

It's happening folks.

Actualy a piece of poopy true news is that we were actualy given the chance to go meet him tommorow in person in London, but we were only given 24 hours notice D: We had no way to get there on time. But Sega promise to make it up to us in the coming months. So i know it's still all good :)

So stay tuned XD (IM JUST AS CURIOUS AS YOU GUYS)

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

That made me feel really warm and fuzzy for some reason. >w<

Isn't this like..The first time in recorded history that a big game company has payed this much attention to their fans? It's mind-boggling for me..

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
:)

*dies from happy*

I'm...speechless. I can't even put on a scale just how awesome this really is. Sega just won over every ounce of loyalty and respect I've had for every other game company on earth. I can't remember the last time a game company took note and paid well-earned respect to its fan base, and in turn they just boosted my satisfaction as a customer and a gamer up to levels I can't even fathom. I'll probably go out tomorrow and buy a bunch of new Sega games I've been looking to get, but was previously waiting on.

Bravo, Sega. You've just earned yourself another diehard devotee.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
I wonder what he's like I mean a guy THE guy who crreated nights cant be stuffy or really uptight

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I wonder what he's like I mean a guy THE guy who crreated nights cant be stuffy or really uptight

He's probably as nice as Mr. Rogers :)

okay no one's that nice but he's gotta be close

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
MORE GOOD NEWS?!?! This weekend is gonna be great! I'll have to wait 'till after school tomorrow to hear about it....but I'll be rooting for you guys to have a good time! :) Give Izuka-sama a smile for me!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I would've if we could have been in London tommorow T.T But thankfully we have someone nice at Sega taking care of stuff for us.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Trust me, as soon as i A- find out what theyre planning for us and B- get the all clear to say stuff i will be up on this place faster than childline on Reala.

What i CAN say however is that something awesome is coming tommorow. I'll be able to report on it tommorow night provided it all goes smoothly and i recieve an email. *crosses fingers* Remember how i said we have someone in Sonicteam answering our questions? Someone who uh... knows what theyre talking about?

DUN DUN DUN.

It's happening folks.

Actualy a piece of poopy true news is that we were actualy given the chance to go meet him tommorow in person in London, but we were only given 24 hours notice D: We had no way to get there on time.

8DDDDDD kalfjadpijg[poreajokrnbpihjyphalrahehobijnckujfaraoe *goes into a full-blown fangirl spaz* You were INVITED?!!! Now it's official; this entire fanbase is AWESOME and you and DiGi are the king and queen of AWESOME!!!! ..... Well, I always considered you all as such, but now I know it's fact rather than opinion.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Wow. I am so glad that they are recognizing our existence. Sega, your position as my second-favourite game company, much endangered by that business with the PS2, is now firmly back. I love to hear some fan-appreciation from a major game publisher. It is all too rare in this industry, fan service games like Brawl and Galaxy (best game ever) aside.

The only thing that is missing is Sega saying, "We are bringing all of the Japanese merchandise over to the States and Europe. All because of you, fans."

(Wakes up)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
*spazzing out*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Wow. Just wow. Of all companies, I never would have thought that SEGA, even with such a brief message of reassurance, would invoke so much emotion in my nostalgic frosted heart. Even through all of these years of trail and error, SEGA finally decided to make a NiGHTS sequel and, on top of that, bother to leave us this message. Now who would have thought.

Kudos, SEGA. We are on a road to recovery here. Just be sure the game is good. That's all really.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I honestly don't know what to say. Normally I'd fansquee, but I think my mind's been officially blown!

Sega, if you're reading this, thank you so much!

And of course, thanks to every last one of you fans for bringing us this far! *glomps to all*

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I agree with everyone else, this is a big move for Sega. And a darn good one, too!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Actualy a piece of poopy true news is that we were actualy given the chance to go meet him tommorow in person in London, but we were only given 24 hours notice D: We had no way to get there on time. But Sega promise to make it up to us in the coming months. So i know it's still all good :o

Well that sucks.... :)

So close yet so far...

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
HappyhappyhappyhappyHAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8D

My kingdom for a Time Machine!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Way to go Sega! :lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Raa. You really can't keep the mouth hushed until it's time to spring the surprise, can you darling? If Iizuka doesn't answer any questions then that's another 'ooo secret surprise for the forum' ruined. You should have waited until we got a response first.

Let's hope he does answer them, though. It would be rather nice. :lol:

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
This is why I should comment on the thread as soon as I see it's posted in future. Everyone else stole my thoughts! D:

Lol, seriously though, this is great news, it's wonderful to hear that Sega does acknowledge, and most likely, thank the existence of such a large fanbase :)

Also, all this stuff you keep hinting at, Digi and Trip, must be trying to drill its way out of your head, determined to make itself known. Can't be that easy to bottle up so much information XD I don't envy you such a position lol.

But as we've all said, this fanbase has to be one of the most closely knit ones I've ever seen, linked by dreams, imagination, and a love of one beautiful, *counts* eleven or something (I forget :lol:) year old game. No other fanbase I have seen has become this close with just one game, and it's just amazing.

It's so wonderful that Sega knows of the family of a fanbase that has kept NiGHTS alive for so long :)

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Oh this is so exciting!!

Thats a shame about the 24 hours notice...but lets hope they can sort out something equally as cool.

Great job Trippy, Digi and the entire fanbase! Looks as though loyalty does pay off in the end! :3 *squee*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users