Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do you pronounce "ideya?"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ViSiON

ViSiON

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computers, lucid dreaming.
I've always been saying "eye-DAY-yah." Please correct me if I'm wrong though, because I don't believe its ever said in the games.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Just i.dea (put the period in so it wouldn't get filtered out) but spelled different.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
I tend to fluctuate between I-dee-ya and I-day-ya

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I usually pronouce Ideya like this: Ee-day-a ^_^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
eye-Day-Uh

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
eye-day-ah

or when im lazy just idea XD

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Well, the katakana for ideya gives a pretty good phonetic guide for how it's pronounced:

イデア
i-de-a

So it comes out as "e-DAY-ah", like the letter E, the word "day", and the sound "ahhhh". I've been pronouncing it like that for awhile, though I've heard other pronounciations from my friends and sister.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Well, the katakana for ideya gives a pretty good phonetic guide for how it's pronounced:

イデア
i-de-a

So it comes out as "e-DAY-ah", like the letter E, the word "day", and the sound "ahhhh". I've been pronouncing it like that for awhile, though I've heard other pronounciations from my friends and sister.

Thats how I pronounce it! ^_^

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I've been saying "idea" for all these years. Just like I've been saying Reala like "Real-uh" up until recently when I finally started saying Re-al-ah which is the correct way to say it.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I've been saying "idea" for all these years. Just like I've been saying Reala like "Real-uh" up until recently when I finally started saying Re-al-ah which is the correct way to say it.

Same in both aspects. lol *Said Reala wrong most fandom years*

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
I've been pronouncing Ideya as ee-day-ya since I first got into NiGHTS

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I always pronounced it as "idea"

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Yeah, idea

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I went with idea, mainly because I figured it was an intentional parallel.
I mean the Ideya are meant to be facets of human consciousness right? So in that regard, they could be abstractly translated to be thoughts or "ideas" so I went with that.

ULTRAPRiNCESS

ULTRAPRiNCESS

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I say eye-day-yuh D:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
When I was little I used to say "Eye-Day-Uh" but now I just say "Idea". Easier, less syllables, and my cousins don't look at me like I have six heads.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
ok, I think there needs to be a thread for pronouncing things... I've just heard 3-4 people say Nightmaren funny... like Nightmarian instead of night mare n. @___@

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Ahahah yeah Nightmarian... i keep hearing that also XD; I've seen it in magazines too unfortunately T_T Makes me cringe.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

ok, I think there needs to be a thread for pronouncing things... I've just heard 3-4 people say Nightmaren funny... like Nightmarian instead of night mare n. @___@

Seriously. It's spelled Nightmaren. My dad says Nightmarian and I'm like @_____X IT'S NIGHTMAREN DAD.
My mom says "Oh! look! In this magazine! It's one of those shiny marbles you like in that game so much!"

"You mean the Ideya, mom?"

"Yeah, the Eh-dee-um thingys!"

"X_______x"

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
My mother can't remember Iizuka's name all the time so she just calls him 'Zuki Duki' (pronounced 'zooki dooki'). .....reckon it will catch on? XD

As for ideya. Yeah, i pronounce it 'eye-day-ah'.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Hm, and here I kept thinking it was 'ih-day-ah'. ..... Zuki!!! XDDDDD How about Iizzy? *gets smacked with the anti-digimon stick*

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I-DI-OT-A lol just playing. Idiota. I think i'll start calling Ideya that now. lol

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I've always pronounced it as eye-dee-yah (as in idea)...

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
eye-d-ah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users