Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Okay. The 'Worst That Could Happen' Thread.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Since there are things that are not-so-positive aspects of JoD that may spoil the experience a bit, let's come up with some things so horrendously bad that if they don't happen it'll be a sigh of relief. I'll start.

1. Upon meeting Reala later in the game, instead of fighting NiGHTS initiates a musical number where he sings to Reala about the wonders of Nightopia, and how he can't possibly let Wizeman take over. Reala then joins in singing, and the end result is him realizing how right NiGHTS is and that he has to help him defeat Wizeman.

2. While you're playing the camera somehow swings upside-down at random moments.

3. Loading...

4. Then when yo- Loading...

5. Loading... u go to the- Loading... (You catch my drift.)

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
-You are forced to play certain levels as the owl.... Man, I hate that bird.....

-Reala turning into a good guy, ala Shadow the hedgehog towards the end of the game

-Considering the "grunt" we heard in the 2P videos, it'd be horrible if they made Reala sound as gruff when talking

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, like, first, NiGHTS gets taken away, so you're stuck as the kids. Then, the kids become incapacitated when they fall into a ditch. Enter Mr. Owl. As the owl you must furiously tap A to keep flying. Owl exhausts himself quickly. You must slowly make your way through every dream and defeat three bosses to free the children. Owl has no offensive abilities.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
After standing outside of GameStop for 17 hours waiting for them to sell you your copy of Journey of Dreams, you run home to your Wii and put the disc in the drive only to find that it's Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games labeled as Journey of Dreams. As you curse and yell loud WTFs at your TV screen a message pops up saying that JoD was too buggy to let you play and the game has slid to 2008 globally. Play this instead. Sega appreciates your continued support.

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Hm, like, first, NiGHTS gets taken away, so you're stuck as the kids. Then, the kids become incapacitated when they fall into a ditch. Enter Mr. Owl. As the owl you must furiously tap A to keep flying. Owl exhausts himself quickly. You must slowly make your way through every dream and defeat three bosses to free the children. Owl has no offensive abilities.

All the meanwhile he offers different variations of the same tip to keep tapping A.

@TRAViS
Add to that, the fact that the closest Gamestop is in Japan and you need to burn $1000 for tickets to get there. I think I'd roll up into a ball and cry.... Digi and Trippy, I feel for you guys :unsure:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*lmao* this thread is awesome.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
-Your "My Dream" is always dark and raining. No matter what.

- Reala's line when you enter this time: "Oi, thatstdgeb3u NiGHTS! Mate!" (What did he say?? 2.0)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

-Your "My Dream" is always dark and raining. No matter what.

I live in Scotland. That's already confirmed.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I live in Scotland. That's already confirmed.

XD Oi.

Weather Patch for depressing climates, ye? For when you want My Dream to be perhaps more pleasant than it is outside.

Come to think of it, perhaps the weather channel adaptability is optional?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well of course it's optional; you have to have the Wii hooked up to the internet in order to get that feature. It would be a nightmare if it wasn't, because then the sky would turn into a lovely shade of CG-insert green if you can't connect your Wii to the internets. XDDDD

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Way back when JoD was first announced, we hardly knew anything about it, that infamous "Journey of Screams" image was floating around, and anxiety in the fanbase was generally off the charts, I had a discussion with a close friend regarding my fears.

Her small attempt at reassuring me was, "It can't be that bad. I mean, what are they going to do, give Jackle a motorcycle?"

...In retrospect, that'd actually have been kinda badass.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Well of course it's optional; you have to have the Wii hooked up to the internet in order to get that feature. It would be a nightmare if it wasn't, because then the sky would turn into a lovely shade of CG-insert green if you can't connect your Wii to the internets. XDDDD

Hm. Good point. XD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

"It can't be that bad. I mean, what are they going to do, give Jackle a motorcycle?"

...In retrospect, that'd actually have been kinda badass.

They're saving Jackle's bike for NiGHTSPS2. He can't be in JoD because he got in a bit of an..Accident.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Your Wii, along with any possible Wii you could find will absolutely refuse to read JoD.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

1. Upon meeting Reala later in the game, instead of fighting NiGHTS initiates a musical number where he sings to Reala about the wonders of Nightopia, and how he can't possibly let Wizeman take over. Reala then joins in singing, and the end result is him realizing how right NiGHTS is and that he has to help him defeat Wizeman.

*Shifty Eyes* >_>

- Reala's line when you enter this time: "Oi, thatstdgeb3u NiGHTS! Mate!" (What did he say?? 2.0)

*DIES* I think that'd be better then what I FEAR his voice is like.

Ok, sad attempts:
1- The ending is as bad as The Matrix.
2- Wizeman's battle involved dancing on a DDR mat. (NO I DO NOT WANT THIS!)
3- Your boss drop from Wizeman is a crappy cursed +2 sword and terrible armor.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
- Sometime the game cheats and you lose by default.
- When the owl rams you for tips, the game glitches and the owl remains following for the rest of the level.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
- Owl is in fact a future version of NiGHTS who's traveled back in time to save everyone.
- Wizeman is Will' MOTHER.
- We'll get a new theme song... Mmmbop by Hanson.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
-Owl is Reala incognito, secretly helping NiGHTS in the hope that he'll set him free (despite the mask Wizeman put on him).

-The Great Mother never makes an appearance in the game EVER and is some indiscriminate character in the background of the story.

-There are no Mepians.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Owl: "You cannot fly any higher. To do so would bring too much fear to your heart, dear Visitor."
Kid: "That's all well and good, but do you know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

*Cue fiendish Nightmaren plot*

...yeah.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Sexual devices.

/end thread

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
The Wii Connect applies accents to the Nightopians depending on your country. Nothing I'd love more than a bunch of freakish purple leprachauns running around saying "To be sure, to be sure" 24-7...

Owl turns out to be the great mother... but she doesn't change shape when she reveals herself.

The Wizla is actually the last boss.

The whole game turns out to all be a dream at the end. God damn I hate those lazy plot endings...

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
- Will has abandoned his super-stylin' dayglo vest for a waistcoat, pocket watch, and monocle like a proper English dandy. Instead of throwing blue chips, he flings a top hat and dances like the Planters Peanut.

- When you hit Owl with a blue chip, he bleeds tootsie rolls.

- Reala's neck ruff expands to become a tutu, and you battle him in a ballet dance-off complete with kicks, punches, and supersonic pirouettes.

- NiGHTS files a suit for sexual harassment against Jackle, who's been nakedly tailing him all along, filming ass-shots and sneaking the occasional booty-pinch. (Puffy's been paying a premium for the tapes)

- The final battle against Wizeman is a giant game of ringtoss, set to a sprightly polka BG. See how many orange hoops you can get over his horns!

- The "secret ending" reveals that it was all a Skittles advertisement. Taste the rainbow!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
FLY THE RAINBOW. TASTE THE RAINBOW.

Similar to what Apti said, The secret ending is a NiGHTS version of the "Berries and creme" Starburst commercial. *Shudder*

You know... I wish I lived in Rain. Its always hot and humid here. e_e

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
- The game is canceled.

IF THAT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH.:

- NiGHTS acts like a &$%" (Edit.: Censored.: %$£!. ) (Editedit.: HOOKER)!.

- NiGHTS has a bouncy, way-too-big-like-plastic-surgery chest. That bounces without anything even hitting it.

- Reala gets the same deal with manboobs.

- Will and Helen make-out. >>. Don't wanna see that.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

- Reala's neck ruff expands to become a tutu, and you battle him in a ballet dance-off complete with kicks, punches, and supersonic pirouettes.

The secret ending reveals that this is because Reala's in fact Mr 2 Bon Clay from One Piece.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
The worst that could happen? You have no idea.

Where should I start...?

Okay, the worst that could happen is, upon the game's release, Journey of Dreams gets bad reviews and low scores from gaming outlets everywhere, giving everyone all the more fuel to the SEGA hate fire. The game is so bad that the world instantly descends into chaos. The Earth's destruction will be similar to what happened in 2006 with Sonic, but on a much grander scale. Giant portals leading to Hell open up from the ground. Giant flesh-eating spiders will ascend from the bowels of Hades and fly everywhere sucking on people's brains. Every inanimate object will come to life to get revenge on the people who used them, including cars, roads and buildings. There will be earthquakes so great they crumble the strongest mountains into liquid matter. The premise of a NiGHTS sequel being bad will be so abominable that our eyes will pop out from our sockets and our flesh will melt from our bones. A global flood of boiling cheese will cover the entire Earth, destroying the people who exploited the beauty this planet once had. For years the cheese will cool and dry, turning the planet into a giant ball of cheddar for an alien species of mouse-people to feast on.

That's the worst that could happen.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, that is a rough scenario there, Machenstein.

- NiGHTS takes off his hat to reveal Donald Trump hair.

Or two giant noses.

That early review has made this thread partially obsolete X3

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I was pretty horrified with that worst case scenario Machenstein... then you mentioned the cheese everywhere and it started sounding more and more awesome.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Reala's ideya is LOVE, FTW!!!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
The possible worst:

You play as a blue penguin with an assault rifle (if you don't get that joke you haven't paid attention lol)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
When the games come out, all the jerkfaces in the world band together to tarnish NiGHTS's name by calling him a pedophile. I know there're people here that (it seems to me) joke around that particular topic (in a perfectly friendly manner), but I think this would kill the game, because what self-respecting parent would purchase a game for their children containing a pedophile??? True, some might be smart and take those sorts of viral rumors for what they are (the inventions of fun-spoilers who like pulling stuff like this for their own amusement), but a vast majority might take it as the truth and not buy the game until they get a second opinion forced on them months after the initial release. --; Yes, I am a severe pessimist and really shouldn't be worried about this happening.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

The possible worst:

You play as a blue penguin with an assault rifle (if you don't get that joke you haven't paid attention lol)

That's Pentarou. He's from some old Konami game for the MSX I cannot recall the name of. He's also playable in the zanily over the top shoot-em-up Parodius.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
My pathetic attemps:

- The game gliches and NiGHTS hat dissappears and we find that he has nothing under there.... HE'S BALD!

- When you put the game disc into the Wii, it bursts into flames!

- William fuses with Owl to become Big bird! XD

- The intro screen comes on and NiGHTS appears with no clothes, thus Parents get pissed off and which causes Sega to recall all JoD games, and if you refuse to return it the Iizuka Ninjas break into your home to retrieve it! But, TRiPPY and DiGi deploy the NiD Ninjas to defend us fans and a epic battle takes place between them on the roof!

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

When the games come out, all the jerkfaces in the world band together to tarnish NiGHTS's name by calling him a pedophile. I know there're people here that (it seems to me) joke around that particular topic (in a perfectly friendly manner), but I think this would kill the game, because what self-respecting parent would purchase a game for their children containing a pedophile??? True, some might be smart and take those sorts of viral rumors for what they are (the inventions of fun-spoilers who like pulling stuff like this for their own amusement), but a vast majority might take it as the truth and not buy the game until they get a second opinion forced on them months after the initial release. --; Yes, I am a severe pessimist and really shouldn't be worried about this happening.

Child: Oh! Mommy! Can you buy me the game with the purple pedophile cross-dresser?! Whats a pedophile?..8D
Mom: O_______O... *reports to the News channels*

-Game is band forever-

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
Well...

Reala's mask comes off in the "real" ending, and he's all like, "OMG NiGHTS, why'd I do that? I LUV you! Let's beat Wizeman!" *Wizeman spitting out WTF's and shooting skittle rainbows.

Poop. The games is utter crap and we all explode and die. The end of life.

NiGHTS fails at life. (NOOO!)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
The worst that can happen:

There is a rip in the time space continuum and somehow this thread and site becomes one dedicated to Halo in which we all believe every single game sucks but the halo series.

It's really a scary thought.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Child: Oh! Mommy! Can you buy me the game with the purple pedophile cross-dresser?! Whats a pedophile?..8D
Mom: O_______O... *reports to the News channels*

-Game is band forever-

We need to keep that from happening somehow. --;

Back on topic...

-There is no homage paid to Reala's @$$ whatsoever.

Mackenzie: *jumps out and punches fist into the air* Brotherly @$$e$ unite to drive the fangirls across the globe insane!!! XDDDD

Meggie: *shoves her back into the closet at the back of her mind* --; You were supposed to stay there until I'd drawn you, but oh well, I agree with the sentiment. =^^'=

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

-There is no homage paid to Reala's @$$ whatsoever.

Instead we'll get Wizeman stripping.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Instead we'll get Wizeman stripping.

But if Wizeman strips theres.... nothing....
---

>NiGHTS has to find the computer room
>Your reward for getting all "A's" is to play every level again just as the children
>CONSTANT-TALKING!!!
>Your £200+ console can't stop this game from lagging
>Collect all 8 red coins
>You push up on the analogue, NiGHTS jerks and then glitches
>Complete the game to unlock.... sound test

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I'm gonna try agains! ^_^

- While your flying NiGHTS, His head comes off and the the camera gets stuck looking into his collar! O.O scary..

- Wizeman removes his helmit (OH GOD the images are horrifying) and reveals that he is the great mother

- Reala's lipstick is pink instead of black

- the Cerebus boss Selfdestructs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users