Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

About this delay

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, there's mixed feelings going around right now. Some believe the delay is still happening, some believe it only apply for the UK thus giving America a rushed version of JoD and some believe...well...they dont know what to believe.
We've had emails of all these mixed feelings and more so i'm making this one topic and ANY talk of delays or release dates should be reported in here.

In a nutshell, a European Sega PR told us that JoD is delayed until next year and this was on a global scale.
Magazines in America are still saying 2007.
What we DO know is there is sh!t communication going on between all Sega offices right now and that things are bloody unorganised (what a surpise).

Most people here seem to set on the American release date, which is December 18th.
I remind you all that you should not focus on this date but instead be focusing on the Japanese release date, which is December 13th.
Keep your eyes on this date. If JoD does not ship in Japan on that date then you guys in America are most probably going to be getting the delay too.
If the game ships in Japan on it's date then you'll get your JoD on Dec 18th.

Journey of Dreams has about two and half weeks until it's release in Japan.
If any news is reported elsewhere about the delay then post it in here.

Another reason i'm making this topic is because the other topics tend to fall into talks about 'delays' so keep all your discussion on it in this topic.
Two weeks and counting. Keep your eyes on the Japanese and see what happens. Then, we'll all know for sure if the delay is in place or not.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I sent Sega of America a letter today, about The Delay, and the PS2 version. Hopefully, I get a quick reply back.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Hmm... I'm guessing that it's just communication problems and that it is globally delayed. Then again, I want it to, because it works with my Christmas Scheduling and Financial issues. So... I'm just keeping my fingers crossed XD; .

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Nothing we can really do but wait.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hmmmmmmmmmm the thing is though, the PR isn't the only member of non american Sega that has told us there's no way the game is going to be on the shelves for 2 weeks time. Unless of course Europe has been deprived of an up to date build of the code. But that still doesn't explain why so many of the bugs are still in it >_>

Hang on a sec, question i want to ask. Do American games come with multiple european language options like French german etc etc? It's just when i was living in America i remember game boxes only ever had English and Mexican in. We get really thick manuals and stuff because our PAL stuff has to cover a larger area. Sooooo hmm, maybe the game is delayed only in Europe for the reasons of languages.

But it still doesnt explain why a few people at Sega are saying the game aint ready *fullstop* yet. Though i guess it would be possible to bring the game out on schedule if they got lots of people in and fed them pizza all night.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I think in the states there's usually less language options, that's why a lot of stuff takes so damn long to localise here.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Hmmmmmmmmmm the thing is though, the PR isn't the only member of non american Sega that has told us there's no way the game is going to be on the shelves for 2 weeks time. Unless of course Europe has been deprived of an up to date build of the code. But that still doesn't explain why so many of the bugs are still in it >_>

Hang on a sec, question i want to ask. Do American games come with multiple european language options like French german etc etc? It's just when i was living in America i remember game boxes only ever had English and Mexican in. We get really thick manuals and stuff because our PAL stuff has to cover a larger area. Sooooo hmm, maybe the game is delayed only in Europe for the reasons of languages.

But it still doesnt explain why a few people at Sega are saying the game aint ready *fullstop* yet. Though i guess it would be possible to bring the game out on schedule if they got lots of people in and fed them pizza all night.

Yes we have multiple languages on one disc in the states but it really depends on what languages the devs want to put in the game. My Sonic DX has at least 4 or 5(can't remember) languages.

Anyways I am one of those who kinda believe it'll come on time but just to be careful I'll be checking around for the Japanese release. Maybe the beautiful Seiya-san could help us out in that department.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Only on certain titles, and when it does happen it's usually just changing the subtitles around. I can't think of any games off the top of my head (save for the old Sonic Adventure 2) that had multi-language support in the voice acting. And to be honest we really don't get a lot of games that have Spanish instructions in them either, it's usually all English.

But now you've made me want to boot up SatSR to check...if my Wii wasn't all the way downstairs and I wasn't pretty much bed-bound today I would...

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I know that Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 both had half of their instruction booklets in Spanish, the other half obviously being English. However, I don't recall them having any other language settings in-game. I know SatSR had Japanese language settings, but I don't remember any for French/German/etc.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'll be rather shocked if JoD still actually comes out in December. We really don't know what to believe right now..

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Probably communication lag...
I believe us American's usually receive news last unless we go on to the internet for our news.

Then again the American version might be slightly a bit further with the translation which could also cause it to be released earlier than normal.
(But I doubt that last part.)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I'd much rather see JoD released next year globally, because Americans getting it a month or two before the rest of the world (though I'm American myself) would seriously suck; the first game was originally released in Japan, so I think they deserve to get it at least at the same time as anyone else in the world, if not earlier, and it's just all in all not fair to the rest of the fans.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Do American games come with multiple european language options like French german etc etc?

Like you said :3, usually just English and Mexican Spanish, and it's usually English by default (Comes first in manuals, selected 1st in games, etc. ). Sometimes, though, they'll have a few languages in there. I think LocoRoco did that... but I'm not sure >>. Just the Demos, I think >>.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
[nitpick]Mexican isn't a language. Spanish is. Mexicans speak Spanish...[/nitpick]

Even if the game does somehow manage to get its way to gold in two short weeks I think everything's going to be all right. Looking at the most recent videos on IGN gives me confidence that SEGA's taking care of the biggest problems and it seems like they're getting closer and closer to a final version. Whether they'll be able to hammer everything out is yet to be determined, but as of right now it almost seems like they have a product that's just about ready to go.

But if NiGHTS does make the December release, then it faces critical pressure from the holiday rush of titles, where the great games look better than they really are and the good games look worse than they really are. Almost like a "lasting effect" kinda deal? I'm just worried that JoD's gonna be marked down for some of its rushed elements if any are present...

At the moment NiGHTS looks great...about 8.5 great...I don't know why.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Mexican isn't a language. Spanish is. Mexicans speak Spanish...

... Oops. XD;. Sorry I've been loopy today.

lulz and I'm the one majoring in Spanish.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I want to believe its been delayed and I will hold to that. I guess I will call in and check that day just in case. This is some major delay of info. You would think something like this would have been told to others by now...you think they are waiting for the last second in hopes they can make it? O.o

I was at GameStop yesterday and they said December 19th. Sooo...yeah...news of the delay to the main stors is still no where. They even have little display cases for the came out and saying its coming before Christmas. Those who don't know about this will be pretty disappointed. I hope Sega will bring the news soon.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
The Canadian instruction manuals all have English and French as a requirement, and if the in-game option is available, you can bet French will be in there. X3 I personally hope to choose from all the languages available - I love hearing characters in other languages!

As for the delay/not-delay? It really is hard to say, innit? Sega may be holding out on that bit of news, but considering all the promo material released, and the fact that we're darned close to the original release time, it doesn't seem likely. But that doesn't mean it hasn't been done! How many disappointed customers I've turned away on the release date because of delays... oh the drama! *spotlight* ^^;

But even if Sega's not on the up-and-up with internal communications, and December's go time, I don't have too many worries myself. We were very concerned about the graphics and the state of My Dream, and even the chameleon. Nowadays, I'm reading more posts about how people are accepting, and in some cases praising them! Maybe Sega's keeping much of the development under their hat, and all this new footage we're seeing was completed some time ago.

No matter what though, we're gonna see come December. Hang in there guys! :(

petebrolly

petebrolly

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'd be inclined to believe that if there was a US delay, then this would make the EU delayed even more. I mean, the EU version still needs more time to be localised and if the US version is delayed for bug fixes then surely the EU version would be too.

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.

Yes we have multiple languages on one disc in the states but it really depends on what languages the devs want to put in the game. My Sonic DX has at least 4 or 5(can't remember) languages.

Anyways I am one of those who kinda believe it'll come on time but just to be careful I'll be checking around for the Japanese release. Maybe the beautiful Seiya-san could help us out in that department.

Yes, we do. My shadow the Hedgehog has english & Japanese........But Sonic Riders has german, dutch, spanish, japanese, and english. I hope JoD has that along with a consistant frame rate.

I was at my local gamestop, (that's all I got T-T) and they already had a display box for JoD. Maybe the US IS getting ours in Dec. *WARNING!* I hope it is delayed, It fits my scheudule that way. ^^'

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Who wants to bet that just after DiGi and TRiPPY left, they found out what was wrong and fixed it?

Game Coder: *To Sega PR, just a few minutes after DiGi and TRiPPY left* Oh, dude, you didn't tell them JoD was delayed, did you?
Sega PR: Yes, I did. Why?
Coder: We just fixed that bug just five minutes ago. It was actually a mistake the rookie made in the engine's coding. It's all fixed now. We just need to polish a little more, but JoD should be able to ship on the 18'th.
Sega PR: 0_0 ... *To Self, referring to DiGi* I'm gonna get chewed out again, aren't I?

Anyway, delay or not, JoD is looking pretty as it is. If the delay is there, good, if not, well... So long as I don't end up flying through the floor, or falling through it while walking around corners as Will or Helen, goodie. In a game like this, though, the biggest problem I can forsee is camera problems.

Example:
You're flying around, doing all this good stuff, about to blow your old record outta the water, you're in the middle of a paraloop, AND YOUR CAMERA GETS STUCK IN A BLOODY TREE/ATTACHES ITSELF TO A ROCK/ATTACHES ITSELF TO A NIGHTOPIAN FLYING IN FROM OUT OF VIEW/ETC! Naturally, you're not happy. You try for several minutes to unstick your camera, but in the end, you have to exit the level.

Not a pretty picture. Now, take that problem into a better perspective. The levels are designed samewhat like a racing game's racetrack. If your camera gets stuck, and your car keeps going, you're gonna fly blind. With NiGHTS, that's less of a problem, since it's a rail system. However, if it does get stuck, you're gonna fly straight into every Third-Level Maren in the level, maybe into a few traps, and you'll have no idea what the h*ll is going on.

Now, this was only an example, but if something like that was the problem, and the camera kept sticking in certain places, Sega probably would delay the game until that was fixed, because bad cameras are a pain to deal with.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Pasted from the 'NiGHTS on PS2 topic'. Iizuka in a recent interview. Second from last question. Read it thoroughly and think about what he could be trying to say there.

Link here - Iizuka Interview

Cheers to Drannore for getting this to us.

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I saw it. Looks like he's saying he wants a worldwide release to happen at around the same time.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Dang. Drannor is fast. I was just looking at other topics t make sure it wasn't posted anywhere else. :)
It's sounds like they're set on an international release. Also, they're trying to make us happy :lol: ....... But do they listen to us?
I don't believe online leaderboards were mentioned before this.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I am fast...fast but reckless.

Anyways, I really think that Iizuka is still being ambiguous about the release date. Still, I hope that the game comes out in 08. Sega, if you take your time and work this game, I will be quite pleased.

If you keep the game delayed, I'll treat the lot of you to some ice cream and steak.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
What Drannore said. I much rather have a delayed release in 08 and have a good game with all problems fixed than a quick release with weird camera and/or potential bugs and/or sloppy job.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
<a href="http://wii.ign.com/articles/838/838525p1.html" target="_blank">http://wii.ign.com/articles/838/838525p1.html</a>

"Our American studios have worked on Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes, so they are experienced in making GameCube games," explains Iizuka. "So we found it easy to make the game on the Wii. And the Wii's Wi-Fi network is easy to deal with. So in terms of making games, I think it's easy to develop for."

:o

NOTE THE RELEASE DATES:

USA- DECEMBER 18

JAPAN- DECEMBER 30

EUROPE - JANUARY 25

AUSTRALIA - JAN. 08

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
SEAHORSE MAREN!!! 8DDDD *glomps*

Look! New images at the bottom (one looks to be of NiGHTS and semi-transparent Will). *will investigate that after she's read the thing*

*read it* And now for the scream; DARNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! DX I mean, I'm an American myself, so this is great for me, but I wants everyone else to get it at the same time. ;-;

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

<a href="http://wii.ign.com/articles/838/838525p1.html" target="_blank">http://wii.ign.com/articles/838/838525p1.html</a>

"Our American studios have worked on Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes, so they are experienced in making GameCube games," explains Iizuka. "So we found it easy to make the game on the Wii. And the Wii's Wi-Fi network is easy to deal with. So in terms of making games, I think it's easy to develop for."

:o

NOTE THE RELEASE DATES:

USA- DECEMBER 18

JAPAN- DECEMBER 30

EUROPE - JANUARY 25

AUSTRALIA - JAN. 08

That doesn't sound right at all. I thought Japan was getting it first if it was not a world wide realease. Something just doesn't seem right here. Now I don't know how to feel. I am going to be excited come December 18th, while all the while hoping its a lie or awaiting the "No its not here" line.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I am now Officially confused! *cries* >.<

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
It's IGN. Their release dates are hardly accurate.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Darn you IGN!! *shakes fist* Stop messing with my head! >.<

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I just realized....with those dates that we know of....JoD is coming out here the DAY my finals start! I'll need NiGHTS to help me get though that.....

But I'd rather have the game come out later than earlier.....get all the bugs out. I mean, Sega must have 24hour polishing and debugging going on here if they even THINK they can get all of it done by the 18th...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
For the U.S. gamestop.com still says December 18 and so does wikipedia.

I am now Officially confused! *cries* >.<

You are not alone. I am here with you. (no pun intended lol)

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
The new European releasedate just got in: friday 25 January 2008.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Why is everyone else's gamestops saying the 18th? Mine says 19th. Am I going to have to wait an extra day due to shipping?! Son of a.........

Also, that European realese is almsot 2 weeks earlier than the last said date right? Things must be really speeding up in there. They must have lost all their ping pong balls.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Last said date for Europe was late january, early february.
Precisely what we've been told.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
STOP THE MADNESS!!! WHATS THE TRUE DAAAAAAAAAATEEEE!!!!!!!!! *headache acquired*

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!
Hmm, I have to wonder...IF the release date is Dec 18th still in the US...maybe I can grab it early at our local Wal-Mart (as the store has broke state-dates on every other title this year). *hehehe

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
It's such a freaking mess... the official Japanese site says December 13! Since that's the closest date, let's watch and see what happens then. If it's released then, I'm sure someone there will let us know. That would almost confirm a US release on the 18th. Wouldn't it?

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
And I thought the date with Smash Bros Brawl was causing problems! The only reason I can understand it coming out sooner for the US (where I am) is because it's being made by Sega Team USA. Usually games are made by the Japanese section, thus Japan gets the first release.

I just checked Sega of America's site and the release date is saying Dec 18th as well. If this is true, then I'm sorry for those in Europe at the same time I'm happy for you. Sorry because you'll have to wait longer, but happy because if anything goes wrong in the American version, they'll have time to fix it in your's.

We'll just have to wait, see, and hope for the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users