Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Sairun Sketchbook -Last Updated: 29/10/07

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
"Horns" FTL! :angry:

Migty fine art you got thar! Mighty fine.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
:angry: dang there's sooooo many things in the pic that I didn't see when it wasn't colored. <3's~ Looking good! ^__^

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
heh, never seen 'FTL' before XD
And yar, the inked one is fairly incomprehensable because I didn't put any thickness variations on the lines... coloured one just makes you go blind! XD

Thankees to the both of yee~ XD

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
*looks at ‘Schism‘* Dear lord, how long did that take? Looks like it came out of a Marvel comic, still, amazing job!^^ I love how NiGHTS gets knocked through the side of that building, lol.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Somewhere around 8-12 hours on pencils and inks, then 12 hours straight for the colours... XD I've never drawn something like this before, so I was looking through my many comics for refrenses on how to do this! XD And man, if you think this is complicated, check out Ultimates 2 issue 13... there's a one panel fight scene like this that stretches across eight pages.
There are litterally hundreds of characters in that thing! XD

heh, and yar the first thing I decided I'd wanted was for NiGHTS to take up the smallest amount of space possible, and I also wanted him to get hurt badly XD Just because he gets sooooo much fanart, others should get a shot! XD Originally he was going to be thrown completely through a building, but I ran out of space XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Shinanigans! How dare my thread go off the first page!? XD

Posted Image

My entry for Q-Lok's Design a Maren/Demia contest; SYNTHESiS. Originally he was a lot more inhuman and rife with details, but I dialed him down significantly to fit more in line with Q's existing characters.
Head over and enter into Q's contest! Go on, you know you've got nothing better to do~

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Shinanigans! How dare my thread go off the first page!? XD

Posted Image

My entry for Q-Lok's Design a Maren/Demia contest; SYNTHESiS. Originally he was a lot more inhuman and rife with details, but I dialed him down significantly to fit more in line with Q's existing characters.
Head over and enter into Q's contest! Go on, you know you've got nothing better to do~

Freaky cool design! I oughtta pay mroe attention.. didn't realize there was a contest.. :lol:

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
The design looks awsome. You did a nice job with the leaves covering him. ^^

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Freaky cool? I'll take that as a compliment! XD And yar, go on and enter the competition! There's no real deadline, he's just waiting until he's got a few more entries in.

I love the leaves... originally he was going to have an afro of leaves like a regular tree... then I decided a hunchback with a big cape would be niftier XD ...then I got rid of the hunch to make him look more like Q's other guys~ XD Thaaanks~

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I finally caved and made myself a fan maren... and of course, he's covered in frills XD
Still in the Beta stages of design, but I like him so far...

Posted Image

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Your maren looks creepy cool. X3 I'm jealous though, you can draw frills! lol Whenever I try it always come out looking like some deformed thing. >_>;

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
I agree. I've always admired people who can draw frills properly...
Also, you've done a great job with the SYNTHESiS maren, it looks like some nature creature or forest spirit...

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Seriosuly, frills are one of the easiest things in the world to draw... just make a squigly line, then bring some straightish lines straight back from all the edges of the curves XD
And thanks! XD SYNTH is supposed to be a maren based on trees, so I'm glad he comes off that way! XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Even more shinanigans! My thread dropped off the first two pages! I need to draw more NiGHTS stuff! XD

Have to make myself a decent avatar for this place, so I designed a fanmaren that vaguely represents me last night... I don't ike Chamber too much, so I'm giving him the boot and replacing him with this fellar! XD Will come up with a name for him eventually...

Posted Image

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
That is verrrrryyy nifty~ I especially love the zippery details, very stylish.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I'm rather impressed with how they came out myself XD Originally they were just black lines, but he looked a little simplistic... Thanks for stopping byyy~

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
That's an amazing design. I love all the spikes and zippers, they just look so cool! And it really stands out from a lot of the fanmarens I think. Always cool to see. And for some reason I just love that pose XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

That's an amazing design. I love all the spikes and zippers, they just look so cool! And it really stands out from a lot of the fanmarens I think. Always cool to see. And for some reason I just love that pose XD

Woops~ didn't see your reply there... XD
Thanks a bunch! I hadn't thought I was making him overly unique when I was doing him... I was actually trying to keep him as traditionally NiGHTSy as I could! Still, I ain't gonna complain!
I think I ripped that pose from an official NiGHTS image of some sort... I did the whole thing by heart, but I'm fairly certain I've seen that pose before! XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users