Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Sairun Sketchbook -Last Updated: 29/10/07

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Welcome to Sai's wee home on this fabulously purple forum~ Please wash your hands before commenting. Keyboards can get pretty dirty, lets not agrivate things. XD
With all my stuff, I'd really appreciate it if you give me some critique! I can't get better at drawing unless you tell me what's wrong with my stuff!
My main gallery is over at Sairus.deviantart.com if you desire a gawk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29/10/07
Have to make myself a decent avatar for this place, so I designed a fanmaren that vaguely represents me last night... I don't ike Chamber too much, so I'm giving him the boot and replacing him with this fellar! XD Will come up with a name for him eventually...

Posted Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/08/07
Finally made myself a fan maren... needs a little work, but Sai's down with Chamber for the moment... SYNTHESiS didn't count, because he was just made to enter a competition... Chamber's mine!

Posted Image

10/07/07
My entry for Q-Lok's Design a Maren/Demia contest; SYNTHESiS. Originally he was a lot more inhuman and rife with details, but I dialed him down significantly to fit more in line with Q's existing characters.
Head over and enter into Q's contest! Go on, you know you've got nothing better to do~

Posted Image

06/06/07
A coloured version of Schism... though it shall sadly remain unfinshed:

Posted Image

02/06/07

Posted Image

And another just lineart image of Metra-San's fanmaren, LUCiD. I'll also colour this soon enough.
Posted Image

30/04/07
Fear The Wizla! XD I combined Reala and Wizeman for a laugh since we've got Fuckle floating around now... XD I desperatly need to work on drawing muscles... didn't add depth to inking yet... might do that later.
Posted Image

26/04/07
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ninja Liz-chan

Ninja Liz-chan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Videogames, Science fiction, cartoons, manga, art, music and writting.
Oh wow! These are neat. The barbwire looks really cool on Reala. I like How you drew NiGHTS. It's so funky!

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Some pretty nifty designs. Nice and complex. Much love.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
Those are infinitely awesome and probably took forever to draw. Kudos!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Why, I come to love you more and more every day, with your wittiness. :unsure:

I saw the NiGHTS one on DA. Really cool stuff. I mentioned my fiancee really liked that one as well, she said she liked the patterns all around him. That Reala one is really cool! Heh ,I dig the barbed wire.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Thankees everyone! XD
Ninja Liz-san I'm personally not a huge fan of the barbed wire... I wish I'd made them thicker.

Kato Complexity is a must for me whenever I draw things... I'm a big fan of over the top levels of detail XD

Innotech Yar, I think Reala took eightish hours to do, and NiGHTS around the nine hour mark... XD

Ideya Fairy Didn't really do much with NiGHTS, might remedy that next time... decided to really tinker Reala and try and keep him the same...

Purgatory *takes a bow* XD Sai doesn't know what he'd do without humour... great craic altogther! XD Thaaaanks~

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Those are so great! I love your style, the face shape and expressions look really neat and I love the detail you ut into the pictures. So awesome *_* And great ideas too, very unique looking =) And I love the little details on their outfits!

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Wow o_O That's probably the most condensed sequence of compliments I've ever seen! XD Thanks m'lady!
I love NiGHTS' face too... not as big a fan of Reala's, seems very stiff to me. Just couldn't get the lips right.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
The NiGHTS one is my fav, although both of them are beautiful. <3's~ ^__^ I like the barbed wire for Reala. It fits him perfectly.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
You make me want to break from my simplicity and draw detailed, again. XD I love the bizarre-ness of the NiGHTS image and the tweaks in their costumes. Very fun. :3

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
A sketch of The Wizla! XD Will put up the inks tomorrow when I have access to a scanner and not just a horrible camera...
Posted Image

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
The Wizla is still freaky. And I mean that in a good way.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Finished inking that Wizla image... hope you like! XD

Posted Image

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Wizla.
YOU MAKE ME CRY!!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

Finished inking that Wizla image... hope you like! XD

Posted Image

XD I saw this in the Wizeman thread, I think its a funny idea, it came out great though, very original.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Wizla.
YOU MAKE ME CRY!!

He's the King of Nightmare! That's what he's supposed to do! XD

heh, and thanks DiENE! XD Was fun to do~ XD

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
...that is incredibly sexy in some twisted way... *loves*

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Wizla is so wrong. lol XD Great job!

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
I love Wizala, it's a great idea. Don't suppose we'll see any colour?

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Alas my end of year tests are starting on Friday so I haven't been able to dedicate any time to colouring... I can do penciling and inking anywhere, so I'm able to do that when I'm on trains and whatnot.

And thanks y'all! XD
Though Icachan... finding The Wizla sexy? o_O

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
As someone who's known her for eight years: Don't ask. XD

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
XDXD What Josse said. I got a.. hm.. interesting taste in pretty things.

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
That looks like it would hurt! :lol: But it's good none the less. :)

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I think Inubu basically summed up my feelings on the subject, Ica! XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I bet you think you're sooo cool, don't you, sucka'?! DON'T YOU! Cuz you can DRAW and stuff! I'll show you!! LIke THIS! *shakes fist* A hit! A very powerful hit!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
:lol: ...Am I missing something? Anyways, I think that Wizala is a damn cool pic. Any idea where I can see a pic of Fuckle or is it on the board here and I'm just being stupid?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

:blink: ...Am I missing something? Anyways, I think that Wizala is a damn cool pic. Any idea where I can see a pic of Fuckle or is it on the board here and I'm just being stupid?

Don't ask. XD

And Heeeeeres FUCKLE! http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/green/...opowerarti6.jpg

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Don't ask. XD

I know I won't, Purg's craaaazy~ XD

And thank's man, The Wizla appreciates all compliments~ XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Crazy stuff there, man. I like it.

Hey, i just wanna ask you quickly. Am i getting you mixed up with someone else or are you/were you HeartlessKing on DA? You drew Val for me a few times, right?

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.
I like how you take the designs and add your own little details. It's not as generic as when drawing the charactes exactly how every one else draws the characters. You can find cute little artistic liscense when looking into it!
Wizla? Ace.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Hey, i just wanna ask you quickly. Am i getting you mixed up with someone else or are you/were you HeartlessKing on DA? You drew Val for me a few times, right?

Nope, have been Sairus for many a year now, and never anything else on devART I'm afraid.

It's not as generic as when drawing the charactes exactly how every one else draws the characters.

That's exactly why I do it... I can't stand to just draw the same thing someone else has done a hundred times before, it gives me a bit of thinking to do in the drawing instead of just copy and paste. Thanks for noticing! XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Gah, sorry dude. I saw your picture on myspace and you resembled someone on DA.
Sorry about that. I hate it when i mix people up. My bad. ^_^;;

Aura-Moon

Aura-Moon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, aha!
Sai...GIMMIE YOUR INKING TECHS T-T Crisps...I'd love to ink so tidely...Mine's all wavy and eww!
The NiGHTS pic is so gorgeous <3 I love how solid he is but how whispy his legs and all are...

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Gah, sorry dude. I saw your picture on myspace and you resembled someone on DA.
Sorry about that. I hate it when i mix people up. My bad.

You saw my page on MySpace? o_O How'd you stumble across that ghost town?
And no biggy~ it makes a nice change from being mistaken for MangaPunk XD

Sai...GIMMIE YOUR INKING TECHS T-T Crisps...I'd love to ink so tidely...Mine's all wavy and eww!
The NiGHTS pic is so gorgeous <3 I love how solid he is but how whispy his legs and all are...

Just do Technical Drawing in school for seven years... that'll give you a lovely steady hand XD Man I love that subject... owe so much of my drawing style to it.
And thanks! But I'll let you in on a little secret... the only reason his legs are so whispy and whatnot is because I ran out of space on the page and couldn't fit them in properly... shhhh~ XDXD

*stares at Wizla*......*snicker* Oh dear god! XD How long did it take you to think of that? Anyways, I love it! How much time did you put into drawing it?

It actually came to me in the middle of typing a response on this forum... generally my best designs are instantaneous ones... though his primary liliripes were considerably shorter at the start... they kept getting bigger so you could see their points behind his arms XD
Time taken to draw... probably about 7 hours o_O Almost equal time for pencils and inks... a little more on pencils probably.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Added two new images~
The lineart of an entry to Q-Lok's competition. Shall put up the finished colours tomorrow~
Be warned, you may go blind and/or insane trying to understand what's going on here! XD
Also, while you're here, if you're a member of deviantART, please go and vote in Q-Lok's contest.
I'm not saying to go and vote for me, just go and vote so there's a nice number in the tallies.

Posted Image

And also, LUCiD, Metra-san's fanmaren. Shall put the colours for this up when they're complete too...
Posted Image

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Man all that detail is insane. lol I would forget what I was drawing. >>; I've never been good at detail. Good luck in the contest! ^___^

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
heh, I did lose track of what I was doing a lot of the time! There's loads of inking mistakes there where I accidently drew the background over the characters... it's like a Where's Wally? See if you can find em! XD
(Though I'll give you a hint... see that guy roughly in the center that's firing the laser out of his hands? Look at the first wrap around his lilliripes on the one closest to the camera XD
(Note: Lilliripes are those horns jesters have on their hats)

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I see what your talking about now, but I never would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. lol Also I learned a new word. XD I didn't know what Liliripes were. lol

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I didn't know what a lilliripe was either until I started doing NiGHTS fanart again XD Is a term I'm trying to spread into usage again... I hate calling them horns... XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
A coloured version of Schism... though it shall sadly remain unfinshed:
And go vote in Q-Loks contest! Voting ends tonight! O_O link~
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users