Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New NiGHTS: JoD videos at IGN

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I like the fact that Reala yelps the same noise he did in the old game only with his new voice now. This goes for NiGHTS too. NiGHTS yelping "watch it!" with the new accent sounds cute. XD

You know me, I have to disagree for Reala. The new voice is more a GUUAHG while the original was more a GIIAAH. Though I give them credit for trying to stay as close as possible.

Reala really sounds DBZ to me for some reason. o_o

Edit:
Crappy comparison.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.

I like the fact that Reala yelps the same noise he did in the old game only with his new voice now. This goes for NiGHTS too. NiGHTS yelping "watch it!" with the new accent sounds cute. XD

Hmmm.....I kinda agree more with Maresuke on that one, but it IS close! As For NiGHTS....lol, comparing the two voices really makes me thing NiGHTS as the younger sibling XD. I'm REALLY warming up to the actress and how she makes NiGHTS sound....Reala I'll have to wait for some actual lines...so far I'm liking the old voice better.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

You know me, I have to disagree for Reala. The new voice is more a GUUAHG while the original was more a GIIAAH. Though I give them credit for trying to stay as close as possible.

Reala really sounds DBZ to me for some reason. o_o

NiGHTS fans... we don't miss anything. Details are our lifeblood XD

At first I was really worried about this game, but now I think I can relax. Crystal Castle looks so good, not to mention Lost Park and the other levels. There are still a couple details they should probably iron out, but I'm a nitpicker and they mostly relate to a couple awkward character animations that they're likely working on anyway. I don't think anyone can complain about the graphics anymore, they look at the least decent, and at the best, beautiful.

I really am amazed how close they've managed to keep this to the original, while still being able to add new things to it. (and I'm pondering those things DiGi said... and getting really excited about what it might possibly be XD) Seriously, I really had my doubts when looking at rougher versions, but now I think I'm convinced. The people working on this game are real masters. I think that by the time the game comes out, they'll have earned a lot of respect from all of us...

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
I can't wait to go to the library next week to see all these new videos. Until then, I gotta settle for Youtube on Dialup. TT_TT
However, you guys are really getting me more excited for this game than I already was! I got to play a little Mario Galaxy a few days ago in Wal-Mart, and that was AWESOME! (Although, it was my first time even SEEING a Wii, so it would have been awesome either way. XD) And you're telling me that this looks even better than that!
I hate my bloody dialup! I wanna see! *Kicks modem* MOVE FASTER!! *Phone line comes out* 0_0 NOOOOO!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Listening to the Reala "OWCH" noise reminds me more of the voice they used for NiD Wizeman... >_o I hope Wizeman has the same or similar Voice... and not some slowed down God-like voice.

Also GREEN SPARKLES?! D: What happened to YELLOW?! (or is it just me?)

New NiGHTS voices seem diff to me then the older videos... I don't know why. Perhpas I've just grown more used to it now.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Wizeman sounds like darth vader in JoD >_> So i've been told.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.

Also GREEN SPARKLES?! D: What happened to YELLOW?! (or is it just me?)

HAH! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED!! I like the sparkles! 'Coarse I like any sparkles, but hey, they're sparkles. I do miss the gold sparkles though....as well Reala's yellow claws...but I guess we gotta try and enjoy what we got.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

mmhmm. That's what our source said. ..... oh boy.

As for the sparkles. Reala's sparkles were yellow in the old game so...why green now? I mean, i love the colour obviously but ...i dunno, i didn't even notice it anyway. It's all good.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I don't know if that's good or bad.... *likes Darth Vader* ... unless it means he has a breathing problem! oh god...
thanks.

HAH! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED!! I like the sparkles! 'Coarse I like any sparkles, but hey, they're sparkles. I do miss the gold sparkles though....as well Reala's yellow claws...but I guess we gotta try and enjoy what we got.

I just hate Science Fiction Green.... and thats what his sparkles look like. Maybe it's to add a scary factor or the fact that his claws are no longer yellow so they have to be a blue variant?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Damn i never noticed that about the green sparkles :/ Bugger, i liked his old ones meh.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I just hate Science Fiction Green.... and thats what his sparkles look like. Maybe it's to add a scary factor or the fact that his claws are no longer yellow so they have to be a blue variant?

Well, like I said we're just gonna have to TRY and like it.....just like how everyone just had to try and like the voices and revamps...and the kids who a lot of people still hate. But still...I liked the small gold implements of his old design, the mask I'm still getting used to. Oh, HEY, look there's a bright-side! THEY KEPT THE MAKE-UP! YAY! *loves to poke fun at his make-up*

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

The part where he's spinning to go faster- *doesn't want to call it 'drill dash' if it's not a drill dash* -is the only time I see green sparkles for Reala; the rest of the time they're purple and red.

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
The 2player almost made me giggle at the end. Reala's win pose was somewhat hilarious.
And you know, about his voice and all that - maybe it was done to balance his image? Frill and feathers, and a masquerade mask, but - a well-build manly figure and a certainly-masculine voice...
And I want a pic wuth Reala and his rainbow trail :3

And I think I'm over NiGHTS voice; at least, when he yelps 'Watch it!' he sounds like more like a juvenile boy, rather than a girl...

Ans yeeeeeshhh, Crystal Castle is everyone's number one level now >w< I love crystals

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
^Until they show us the *next* new level and somehow top themselves. =p

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
The Crystal Castle stage looks awesome, the music blends in great. It looks really fun to split and grow big!

Deef

Deef

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm with the general consensus in thinking that Crystal Palace looks great. Nice music too, but too background in my opinion.

Cons:
- Dragon form seems to add no positive to gameplay, apart from making areas accessible
- Music, good or bad, in all levels is far too detached from the game itself
- Significant frame rate dropping in the 2 player mode
- 2 player mode has removed almost everything interactive, except the rings
- NiGHTS's balls have dropped. He says "Watch out" like a male now.
- Kids' animation looks clunky
- Still too much space
- The camera angle only makes it worse
- The pians' voices
- big NiGHTS

Pros:
- Crystal Palace looks fantastic
- And it has the mirrors business
- And nice music (albeit a bit slow)
- Rocket NiGHTS, mini NiGHTS
- Two player mode looks okay

That's all I can think of since I'm about to fall asleep.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Hm, I'm actually looking forward to using the Dragon. It seems to attract chips and stuff much like Claris and Elliot did in Twin Seeds, which can be remarkably useful in some areas where accumulating a link would be difficult otherwise.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The Pians are better and sound cuter in my opinion. I love what they done with the voices for them.

Also, after seeing Maresuke's video, i take back my statement about Reala's voices. Terribly sorry, dear. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
He sounds like Max from Streets of Rage II got constipated.

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
Whoever thought of the level where you paraloop nightopians to "save them" (aka Killing them) was pure genius. I want to shake that person's hand.
[/quote]
AHAA! XD

I'm soooo looking forward to this game. I needs it now. I'm still REALLY curious as to how you'll fight Wizeman though.

I like the pians voices too. Not used to their new design yet though. I dunno I liked how they looked a little creepy in the first game lol.

BTW what's Maresuke's video of? Is it on youtube? And nice to see you back 'Suke mate ^_^

Edit: Oops, never mind, I saw it in my subscriptions.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Bomamba is <3 ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ *Steals all her cats*

DreamWeaver, the vid is of JoD Reala getting hurt and grunting and then Reala 1996's grunt played afterwards for comparison.

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
Yeah, I liked his old voice. But the new one is good too. And I'm colour-blind so I didn't notice the thing with the green sparkles :s

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So beutiful and sparkly.
I love the way the stages look.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
At least he doesn't shout an obscenity when he get's hurt. That would kinda ruin the moment but bring his character off as even more evil :S

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
That and this is a family game; no obscenities are allowed in family games (except the very mild ones, and that all depends on what's being aimed for).

EDIT: *slaps an 'I'm Captain Obvious' sticker to her own forehead*

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I forgot to mention, I'm lovin' the mad tricks Willy-will's pulling off with NiGHTS when they're rafting. Makes me wanna try it! XD

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Artemis, you just remind me about boat NiGHTS! Boy, to be honest, I find it rather hilarious. Bobsled NiGHTS was okay, but boat NiGHTS looks somewhat funny - maybe it's his bulky shape with tiny legs, or maybe fingers that moves as Will rides him. I can almost guess what he's thinking about, moving his fingers that nervously: "Ow gawd, here we go with 'hit-the-rock-with-the-face-of-NiGHTS' again..." XD Sorry.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Artemis, you just remind me about boat NiGHTS! Boy, to be honest, I find it rather hilarious. Bobsled NiGHTS was okay, but boat NiGHTS looks somewhat funny - maybe it's his bulky shape with tiny legs, or maybe fingers that moves as Will rides him. I can almost guess what he's thinking about, moving his fingers that nervously: "Ow gawd, here we go with 'hit-the-rock-with-the-face-of-NiGHTS' again..." XD Sorry.

Oooooh YES! I remember that one too. I can't wait to hear/see his reaction if you crash him into the bridge you're supposed to jump over.

Ooooh! Now I wanna see Battering-Ram NiGHTS!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

At least he doesn't shout an obscenity when he get's hurt. That would kinda ruin the moment but bring his character off as even more evil :S

One of Reala's 'hit' sounds in the old game sounded like he was yelling the F-bomb. XD I remember playing against a friend of mine in 2p mode with my mom in the room, and Reala got hit.

"Hold on! Did I just hear-?"

"No mom, don't worry. It's just your imagination. D:"

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

I can only imagine what the owl will say regarding boat NiGHTS.
Helen: are we going to be flying again tonight?
NiGHTS: I thought we would enjoy a ride down nightopia's river *transforms*
Owl: Yes, Helen. Get inside NiGHTS.

Also, I can't help feeling that someone may have beat me to this joke in a diffrent thread.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Anyone a master of ripping music of videos? I want the Cat Maren song badly.

Here's waiting for the soundtrack to arrive February!

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Does this game really need more polish? It looks and sounds wonderful as is, if you ask me. Uuuhh, I'm getting so desperate! I know, it will be worth it in the end. But still!

I really don't like the rainbow trail behind Reala when he dashes. Can't figure out why... :blink: A jagged path of red and black would have been much more fitting and cooler. Or a trail of CHAINS! (sorry, I never got into that whole bit before, had to do it eventually)

I love the Pian voices too. Have any of you heard about what all you can do with them in the garden? Any races or karate (against the Nightmarens). I hope there is something aside from letting them make everything look pretty.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Does this game really need more polish? It looks and sounds wonderful as is, if you ask me. Uuuhh, I'm getting so desperate! I know, it will be worth it in the end. But still!

I really don't like the rainbow trail behind Reala when he dashes. Can't figure out why... :blink: A jagged path of red and black would have been much more fitting and cooler. Or a trail of CHAINS! (sorry, I never got into that whole bit before, had to do it eventually)

I love the Pian voices too. Have any of you heard about what all you can do with them in the garden? Any races or karate (against the Nightmarens). I hope there is something aside from letting them make everything look pretty.

I agree with everything you said.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Yay! Someone agrees with me!

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but thinking of visiting Pian gardens online, is there a place on this site where we can share our Wii numbers?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
TRiPPY has stated that once JoD is out, there'll be a new section for game discussion; the news section will become an archive..

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Cool, thanks!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
HAHA, trail of chains. :blink:

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, if NiGHTS becomes popular, and Sonic keeps getting worse, than a few things might happen. Here is a worst-case scenario:

Sega, fed up with the continually worsening performance of Sonic games, sells the IP to Nintendo, who promptly restores the franchise to greatness. Sega kicks itself in the head.

Sega takes NiGHTS and sets him up as the new company mascot, creating a massive franchise in the process.

After two or three very good sequels, Iizuka leaves the company. A new leader is found, and he takes the series into full 3D flight, in the game NiGHTS Adventure.

After NiGHTS Adventure is given the benefit of the doubt in reviews, who see this as a breakthrough and ignore the technical problems, Adventure 2 is released, which is also a hit.

After the Adventure duo are released, Sega falls to pieces because of financial problems, and puts out a string of bad NiGHTS games, trying to stay afloat.

Trying to give NiGHTS a darker side, a new game is released called Reala Into Dreams, which features the anti-NiGHTS as an gun-wielding, obscenity flinging motorcycle maren.

At last, all the entire franchise falls apart with the release of the abominable 2013 game entitled: NiGHTS Into Dreams. After being totally trashed by critics, Sega decides to sell the franchise to Nintendo, who immediately restore the games to greatness. Sega kicks itself in the head.

Sega takes Shenmue...

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

At last, all the entire franchise falls apart with the release of the abominable 2013 game entitled: NiGHTS Into Dreams.

If you and I were in the same room right now your head would roll...

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

If you and I were in the same room right now your head would roll...

I have no doubt of that. What I risk for the sake of satire...

If Sega ever tried to pull any of those horrible things, I would sell everything, buy a plane ticket to Japan, enough food to last a month and enough dynamite to make sure that the people at Sega would know my wrath.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users