Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New NiGHTS: JoD videos at IGN

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Arkiee

Arkiee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Whilst some of you may have already seen the Gamespot videos, IGN just recently put up a good few various videos of their own showcasing the mirror castle stage and the multiplayer aspect, as well as other videos featuring Donbalon and the cast boss, who's name escapes me right now. Anyway enjoy these new videos, I have to admit I'm really liking the look of the Castle stage. All in all I do believe they've uploaded 11 videos, though only the multiplayer and castle stage is "new" content.

New NiGHTS videos

(And yes, I hope this isn't old news...)

EDIT: Also GAH! I typed in JiD instead of JoD, the force is weak in this one.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
It's been a good day for updates, that's for sure.

I'm downloading as we speak.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
F yeah

I wish NiGHTS spun around with the dreamer at the end of the mare like before

Crystal Castle is beautiful in every sense, the music is wonderful

so many new powerups.. lol big NiGHTS.. reminds me of some guy with a mustache *cough*

Hm.. Reala sound have burly man voice...

The door.. guess that's a quick exit if you choose to..

They added SFX to Donbalon since we seen 'im last! Creepy clown laugh!

They sure are giving us better plays now..

NiGHTS bounce-rolls into a ball like his older cousin, how awesome

I wonder if you can turn off the course map?

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
DEAR GOD NiGHTS SPLIT INTO 5.

Pure awesomeness.

EDIT: Alright. The Castle level now pwns everything. Spiritual successor to Soft Museum = the win.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Watch the multiplayer vid ! Reala's voice ! sorta.. he was hit. Sounds like Knuckles.. but a bit deeper.
Also, NiGHTS voice when he gets hit, high "Watch it !"

Some minor framrate problems in multiplayer though =/

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
There's that Dandelion mission Martjin was talking about way back. No wonder you didnt know what to do. Para-looping Pians to save them ?! lol

Ok. Watched them all. I want this game so much more badly now. Crystal Palace (a.k.a Soft Museum 2) looks f*!*ing excellent. But boy does that player love his Dragon Persona >_>. The visuals look lovely to me. We see the full Bomamba Boss battle.

Lots of juicy things to gawp over I assure you.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Agh, I missed the entire first page!

Message from Nightopia remix...<3 so absolutely incredible.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*fangirl squees over Reala's voice* 8333 *attempts to glomp Reala only to get punched in the face*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
This game came from looking "pretty good" to fan-freaking-tastic, and I am saying this right after playing Super Mario Galaxy.

Wow. Unbelievable.

Could this be Sonic Team's return to form as a creative force? So much innovation, especially in the crystal level. Using prisms of light to connect beams, splitting NiGHTS into five, growing and shrinking, even the mirror effect from Soft Museum is back. Awesome. Even the new Donbalon footage impressed me. It must have been the new sound effects. Speaking of audio, Reala seems to have a gruff man's voice now, if that grunt was any indication. I wonder how he will sound once he actually, you know, speaks.

Okay guys, you know the drill. YouTube it, spread it around the Internet, impress people, and BINGO, more anticipation for NiGHTS. The only two things that can make this game better now are Jackle and Ideya Capture gameplay.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
On the one hand, Crystal Castle/Palace/whatever it is looks absolutely gorgeous, and the music's lovely as well.

On the other hand, Reala's voice. :o I... but... how did Sega get from Reala's original voice to that gruff, deep, manly growl? I mean, Reala had the only spoken line in the entire original game. It seems kind of silly to suddenly give him a voice that's dead opposite of what he originally sounded like.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Because he sounded too girly for what he looks like. *finally glomps Reala since she has somehow miraculously managed to succeed in tying up his arms and legs, but forgot the fact he can FLY and, therefore, is easily dislodged with a good, hard smack against the ceiling* Yes, I love coming up with new ways for him to beat me to a pulp now. XDDDD *is crazy as hell for enjoying fictitiously torturing herself as much as her characters*

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Did anyone else see the statue of the woman figure playing the violin in the sea level?
Pretty neat.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Because he sounded too girly for what he looks like.

Posted Image

What you speak of is not possible.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Ooooooooooooooo. This is getting gooooood. I love Crystal Castle... lovely music and interesting gameplay with the prisms *v* I love that they included the mirror play as a throwback to Soft Museum.

Hrmm... Reala's new voice is *ok*... 'm not really going to pass judgment just yet, since we haven't heard him speak, like, a full sentence, but I can deal with it as it is. I still much prefer the old voice, though.

As with before, I'll be uploading the best ones to my Youtube here for those who have trouble getting them to play otherwise. And just to spread 'em around XD

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I am loving the art style of the cat boss and the mirror stage. The cat boss looks like it was designed by the same guys who did the fish boss in Majora's Mask. I cannot wait to try out that giant NiGHTS, and multiplying times 5 may be quite interesting.

What would be sad is if Iizuka finishes this game, it does not sell well, and then he announces that he will be leaving and that this game will be his swan song. Nah...better think positive at this point. (Snaps out of it)

I still want them to get that PS2 port onto the Wii, so I can actually play the first game. Still, this one looks like the original only ten times more so! The creativity on display is awesome, and I will definitely be buying this come 08. I really wanted this for Christmas, though. If only my birthday was in March.

By the way, am I completely frame-rate blind? I think that I am, as I keep reading the gaming press complain about the frame rate, and then I don't notice anything. Now that I think of it, I really never remember seeing any sort of drop in any game that didn't completely stop the game. I thought that Sonic Adventure DX's frame rate was rock solid. Now I know way better than that, but still cannot notice anything.

Anyone know a good video game optometrist?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I just finished watching these videos directed from Neogaf.
words cannot describe how f*!*ing AWESOME this game is turning out.
you know what? Ps2 can have the shitty remake, Ill take this and just buy the old Saturn original.
This game is sufficiently gorgeous that even after playing Mario Galaxy, I am impressed by the visual creativity here. It is 100% pure NiGHTS awesomeness and taken to a new level gameplaywise. This game is gonna be incredible.
KUDOS SEGA. AND THANK YOU MANY MILLION TIMES FOR PUTTING THIS ON THE WII.
Sega+Nintendo Shall live on forever! :o

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
*waits for Youtube version viewable via Internet Channel*

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I'm seriously loving the Crystal Castle and the music.

Wow, Donbalon didn't put up much of a fight. I'm wondering if the boss fights are abit too easy in this game. Also.. old sound effects! YAY! XD

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Did anyone else see the statue of the woman figure playing the violin in the sea level?
Pretty neat.

I saw it too. maybe Helen's mother?

But I'm mostly happy to see the mirror trick used again. And is it just me or does it seem there are only 3 masks? Hmmm... Music is better in these videos then what I've previously seen. *glee*
Bomamba looks annoying as heck to fight though. >_< I don't want to sit there moving a board around... It's a nice idea but it stops the Flow of flying and thus making it annoying to me.
I LOVE the prism effect though! So instead of spreading just light it spreads NiGHTS too! XD *enjoyed that a lot*
Reala's owch voice... and pose... make shim look like one of them women who try too hard to be a man... >_< Oh god...
but Donbalon's voice makes me giggle. Is it just me or do all the voices so far seem to have an echo or second voice to them? I hope it's got that second voice effect... that'd be really neat.
And I'll say it again and again... I LOVE SHLEEEP! *soooo happy they're back*

Edit: Forgot to add...
Whoever thought of the level where you paraloop nightopians to "save them" (aka Killing them) was pure genius. I want to shake that person's hand.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
That mirror level reminds me a whole lot of Mystic Forest. In fact a lot of the levels are reminiscent of the first game. AWESOME!!!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

That mirror level reminds me a whole lot of Mystic Forest. In fact a lot of the levels are reminiscent of the first game. AWESOME!!!

Mystic Forest or Soft Museum?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Mystic Forest or Soft Museum?

lmao yeah sorry it was Soft Museum. I feel so stupid :(

Anyway the Nightopians make the most cutest sound I've ever heard. Can't wait for an OST cuz I really want the Message to Nightopia remix they had on the multiplayer part. Seriously after all the stuff we've seen lately I can honestly say that I have lost all doubts of this game. And the best part is that I've only got a little while to wait. The graphics, the sounds. It's like I've fallen in love with the game series all over again.

GoldDreams

GoldDreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:SEGA and Nintendo
I watched the multi-player race prior to seeing the others listed. An with how long it takes IGN's videos to load it will be the only one I see until they get put on youtube. It annoys me when I have to wait to watch between loading. The music in the two player race sounded really good. An the graphics are some of the best I've seen on the Wii. So I don't know why some feel the need to complain about them. I'm liable to watch another vid, perhaps? Because reading all the comments on this "Ice Castle" place has me really interested.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Loving it all. Seriously loving it. Crystal Castle has become my favourite level so far and the music is wonderful. Is it me or does the music for that level sound like it starts to play 'Hamlet' half way through? lol XD
And what are those NiGHTS' that drill dash you and cause you to lose 5 seconds? Towards the end of one of the levels NiGHTS is drill dashed by two other (what look to be) 'NiGHTS' that fly in the opposite direction. What are they? o.o

Also, no more killing Pians by accident when paralooping - PRO.
Sadly, i used to dispose of the minions with paralooping so i'm going to have to change my attack method if i wanna keep those minions out of my Pian Garden - CON.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
HOLY. SHITNIZEL-MUFFUN. This game is looking so fan-freakin-tastic. The mirror level blew me away So beautiful *sniff* yeah, when I heard Reala's voice i immediatly thought of knuckles. oh, the roller coaster vid, that was kinda cool. but yeah, to quote spongebob, I'm so exicted I think I'm gonna explode!

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
EEEEKKAAAA!!!! OMG!!! This made my morning!!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!! When I heard Reala's Voice, I played it over and over again like 50 times!! lol I don't know about you guys but I like it!! *is still waiting to here him speak*

The Crystal Palace board's SUPERGORGEOUSSPECIALHYPERAMESOMENESS made my eyes go O.O literally! I love how NiGHTS split into 5 and then turned huge!! I got a sugar rush from so much eyecandy!!! OwO MOOOORE!!!

Ok!! Now to do like apti and go upload these vids to youtube, Yes I know I'm late but spreading the word of NiGHTS is a duty!! ^w^ The more the merrier!!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted Image

What you speak of is not possible.

Well, okay, the OUTFIT is girly, but his figure most certainly isn't. Besides, he's a jester, they're supposed to look like that (maybe not to this degree, but still). While NiGHTS is androgynous, and therefore makes sense that he has a feminine voice, Reala is far too obviously male to get away with that now, despite what he's wearing. ^^; (Not that he wasn't obviously male before.)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*is in love with the pretty autumn leaves and music*

adore.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
absolutely wonderful...
this reaally got me excited... it looks alot better.

the crystal castle theme is now my favorite.

the only things from these videos that bug me is Reala's voice & design, and the framerate issues.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Alright, I must have heard this over nine thousand times by now, so I must ask:

...What are "framerate issues"? D: *dodges game controller*

No, really. I'm not really a 'gamer', so I find I do not understand your jargon sir. :(
Everything looks perfect to me except for Reala.

also, giant!NiGHTS disturbs me a little bit. D: Besides that, these videos fill me with glee and sparkles.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

these videos fill me with glee and sparkles.

And CANDY!! ^w^ ...... (Sorry)

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I LOVE Crystal Castle. I think it'll be my favourite level. 'Nuff said.

Is it just me, or does Reala have a weird expression when going into his pose at the end? O_o Also, I'm not sure what to think of his voice aside from "Wow, that's buff."

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Is it just me, or does Reala have a weird expression when going into his pose at the end? O_o Also, I'm not sure what to think of his voice aside from "Wow, that's buff."

The voice is actually quite cool to me. Reala comes off as such a badass.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
I like Reala's voice, *still need to hear his dialog* but it kinda scares me at the same time!! Buff Is right!!! And me like!! OwO

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
Thanks Arkiee! This really made my day.
As everyone else has said, the music in the Crystal Castle stage is OMG AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to get the OST!
Soft Museum references everywhere on that stage too! What with the statues and mirrors and stuff. I wonder if the ground will warp. Nah probably not. This is my favourite Dreamscape already and I haven't even played it yet. YAR I'm fookin excited now!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Manly Reala is..Manly. o.O' It's odd to have his voice change so much. And his winning pose is odd..I think he's meant to say something or laugh, but they haven't gotten all of his sounds recorded yet.

Crystal Palace is <3

EDiT: River-rafting looks like crazy-awesome fun! X3 NiGHTS seems to be designed like a racing game, the graphics are blurred in a way that they look bad when stationary, but AWESOME when in motion! XD

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

NiGHTS seems to be designed like a racing game, the graphics are blurred in a way that they look bad when stationary, but AWESOME when in motion! XD

Yeah, everything in it seems like a race: catching up with the bird, rafting, multiplayer racing used as selling point, etc.

Crystal Castle look like a lot of fun! I can't wait to try the multi-NiGHTS and Huge NiGHTS abilities!

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I LOVE IT ALL!!!! That is all. Oh, and on a side-note: ZOMG SPARKLES!!!! REALA HAS GREEN SPARKLES!! WHOOOO!!! BIG SPARKLES!!!

Crystal Castle looks beautiful, but remember the E3 trailer? There was a kind of forest level with a stage, I wanna see that, unless it's a part of Crystal Castle.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
Fan-freaking-TASTIC!! X3

GAWD!! I can't wait for this game.... *watches vids again*

I dunno.. I like Reala's voice... NiGHTS' voice is cute too... X3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I like the fact that Reala yelps the same noise he did in the old game only with his new voice now. This goes for NiGHTS too. NiGHTS yelping "watch it!" with the new accent sounds cute. XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users