Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS into Dreams PS2 Site up !

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Ding! The official site is up with better screenshots of the game plus the box art.

http://sega.jp/ps2/NiGHTS/

PS: The URL is screwed up. Try spelling NiGHTS with lower-case letters.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
It looks niiiiice : (
I want this. Alot. And the deluxe version does indeed come with the Storybook of Awesomeness. Kinda kills it's rarity and uniqueness a little..

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'll be super curious to see it in motion.. sigh.. hope this comes to America, because even though it'd be a slap in the face to my Saturn and original game, I probably will have no choice but to buy this

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Posted Image

In 2000 the site of this image would have brought fans crumbling to their feet.

WAIT ! I spy a NTSC logo ! Or double WAIT... is that just NTSC-J ?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Erm... why's the blurb under the 'Dream Paradox' logo in perfect English if it's being released in Japan, nevermind ONLY in Japan??? Oo' And what is the significance of the NTSC logo?

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

And what is the significance of the NTSC logo?

NTSC is the analogue television system used in the USA. It's PAL in Europe and Australia, and NTSC J in Japan. It's basically the different gaming regions and what's compatable.

It doesn't matter though, upon further research; a.k.a a quick Google image search, it's on all Jap PS2 games. So nyeh, doesn't mean anything. Its NTSC-J.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
From what I remember, the original Japanese Saturn version also had perfect English on the cover. *shrug* Could be wrong!

But yes, STORYBOOK!! @_@ Oh man oh man oh MMMMMAN does this have to get over here. Or at least through the site. MUST... PREORDER....

Bank account: *cries*

Camittles

Camittles

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:animating, modeling, video production, tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, body modification, art, cartoons, comics, video games, 1980's, action figures, my little ponies, live music/shows, mac computers, bright colors, makeup, neil gaiman, dave mckean, david mack, taco bell, woodchuck cider, amaretto sours, mythology, alternate subcultures
The graphics look sooo much better. It's nice to see the original touched up a bit. I wonder why they waited so long to do this? Maybe to help promote the new game?

*claps hands for Story Book*

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
DO WANT.

This looks sooooo goooooooooooooooooood... I mean, JoD is good and all, but this is good in an entirely different way. AND THE STORYBOOK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

If this doesn't come out in the US... heads will roll. ಠ_ಠ

We better get the book too.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
wantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwant
wantwantwant

I
WANT
THIS
NAO!!

omgomgomgwtfyay

>w<

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Now that the PS2 remake is official, may we demand a localization? Even if it doesn't come out for the Wii, the least SEGA can do is bring it to the Europe and North America.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Looks like it's coming to US, if the NTSC label is on the boxart.

I'm really looking forward now. This is like a dream come true 8D! This is all I really need ^______^. JoD is just an extra bonus to make everything sweeter.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Looks like it's coming to US.

I'm really looking forward now. This is like a dream come true 8D! This is all I really need ^______^. JoD is just an extra bonus to make everything sweeter.

And where does it say that ?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
HOLY sh!t!! CLARIS!!! O_O LOOK AT HER!! AMAZING!!

Ok. I want this now. This is about as official as it gets. Sega. Bring this baby to the UK. PLEAAAAASE!!!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

And where does it say that ?

Oh. Just assuming with the 'NTSC' thing. Should've clarified that >_< *does that*.

I'm going to read anyway though with a translator >>.

Edit: Yep. Nothing besides the 'NTSC' label. Sorry >.< On a more positive note, though, if you import the Limited Edition from Japan you CAN get the Storybook it seems 8D

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Error 404! D:
*cries*

Edit: Nevermind.
I wannit. Now.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Oh god. This is like the second coming of Jesus.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Oh god. This is like the second coming of Jesus.

But for PS2s 8D

<<

>>

I think this IS His 2nd coming that He was talking about 8D *SHOT*.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I wonder how much this deluxe edition is going to cost. :o

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I wonder how much this deluxe edition is going to cost. :o

Uhh... it says it's currently about.:

Usually edition: 3 and 800 Yen (including tax 3 and 990 Yen)
Limited edition: 4 and 800 Yen (including tax 5 and 040 Yen)

And, of course, shipping and etc. X_X.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Uhh... it says it's currently about.:

Usually edition: 3 and 800 Yen (including tax 3 and 990 Yen)
Limited edition: 4 and 800 Yen (including tax 5 and 040 Yen)

And, of course, shipping and etc. X_X.

Dang. That seems like alot.
What's the equivalent n US?
I'm horrible at calculating. D:

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Dang. That seems like alot.
What's the equivalent n US?
I'm horrible at calculating. D:

If it is 800 yen, then it is about 8 bucks US, and slightly less than that in Canadian Monopoly Money :o

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

If it is 800 yen, then it is about 8 bucks US, and slightly less than that in Canadian Monopoly Money :o

I thought it wasn't much.

So, they might be asking for about $10 or $13 from us?! The translation might have been wrong... but... wow, that's cheap 8D!

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
Am I excited? "You bet kid"

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
US equivalent at the current exchange rates...
"4 and 800" yen = 4800 yen: $44.51
"3 and 800" yen = 3800 yen: $35.25
plus shipping, obviously.

The day this is listed on Play-Asia I'm scoring a copy for myself and figuring out the next day just how to mod my PS2 :o

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I looked at the article about the game and found that the game actually costs 3,800 yen. So the grand cost for the normal version is about $38. Rats, I though that we had caught a break here. I kinda did a double-take after I typed that last post out.

I was sort of thinking "What?"

Then again, this does not change the fact that I still would have to buy a PS2 to even get this game, and then import it from Japan, which runs into more money. And I still have not softened up to the idea that it will not be on Wii. I have very high hopes that they will port it, and then it will be the only last-gen port on Wii (short of Zelda and RE4, of course, and maybe Okami) that will be worth buying.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

US equivalent at the current exchange rates...
"4 and 800" yen = 4800 yen: $44.51
"3 and 800" yen = 3800 yen: $35.25
plus shipping, obviously.

The day this is listed on Play-Asia I'm scoring a copy for myself and figuring out the next day just how to mod my PS2 :o

:D! Thank youuuuuuuu!

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
*sniff* Claris looks so beautiful! *sniff* This must come to America (and Europe :o)! There will be Sega protests if it doesn't! I must have the chance to play the original NiGHTS w/o having to buy a Saturn. If you look on the Claris image, the bottom shows that you press "triangle" to see dream data. PS2! And, ooh, 3D Pians! (sorry, but sprites inserted into 3D games bother me)

Arkiee

Arkiee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I think its very likely it'll come to the United States and (fingers crossed for me) Europe too. Look at the Yakuza fans, we kicked and screamed (Okay we didn't do either, but we did request it a lot!) for SEGA to bring the second one here after the first one was a money losing game and its planned for a 2008 release now, so hopefully with good sales of NiGHTS: JoD will booster their confidence, or fan demand, to release it here.

Although why its not on the Wii makes me ponder slightly, there is no logical explanation unless either a.) Saturn is difficult to port onto the Wii or b.) SEGA does not want the two games to clash with each other. I cannot think of any other reason, boggles my mind in fact.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I told you guys this was real didnt I? :o

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Now i wonder and i put a question to you all........ what becomes of the old FMV?
Will they still use the old stuff OR (and i'm hoping highly for this) they do what they done for JoD and make it all swanky and new looking?
Imagine the old bosses having FMV scenes before them too, just for fanservice sake. Imagine seeing Jackle in FMV before the fight!! :o ...................... yeah, i'm getting waaaay ahead of myself there. But still....what do you reckon will become of the FMV for this game?

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Now i wonder and i put a question to you all........ what becomes of the old FMV?
Will they still use the old stuff OR (and i'm hoping highly for this) they do what they done for JoD and make it all swanky and new looking?
Imagine the old bosses having FMV scenes before them too, just for fanservice sake. Imagine seeing Jackle in FMV before the fight!! :o ...................... yeah, i'm getting waaaay ahead of myself there. But still....what do you reckon will become of the FMV for this game?

Re-rendered in higher resolution. That's all I really want.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm foaming at the mouth. Is that bad because I can't possibly die with so much happiness that has just filled up inside of my body? I feel very very strong predictions coming my way. I really do think this game is U.S. and Europe bound.

Bad translation anyone?

First Heading:NiGHTS are always in your dreams.

First Paragraph:
The world loved by the "Sonic the hedgehog" made by the staff created by the legendary action game, the NiGHTS.
Everybody is once AKOGARETA "firmament free flying like ..." a desire to realize the innovative game system and the juvenile mental growth to draw emotional drama, more than 10 years years after and yet many players虜to it.
Sega Saturn in 1996 and release has been so far never been transplanted into the original version of the PlayStation 2's mature performance to run wild, and now here甦RIMASU.

Second Heading: "NiGHTS" origin of the Sega Saturn version of "NiGHTS into Dreams ..." is finally emerged!

Second Paragraph:
1996 released when the novel concept of the game is talking about the show, many fans still get support from Hot "NiGHTS into Dreams ..." is finally PlayStation 2 revival. Wii version of "NiGHTS to star-spangled night of the story to" the origin of this movie is also a dream and gives a stirring, 11 years time after also shine away!

Third Heading: More beautiful, flowing from - PS2, faithfully reproduced by the "flying exhilarating sense"!

Third Paragraph:
PS2 version produced materials that fantastic graphics performance hard to match the complete remake. Everyone in the world is beautiful and what someone envisioned Knights甦RIMASU. Nostalgic Sega Saturn version of reproducing mode is also available at the time for fans of the companion, and a new touch to the "Knights of origin" to know that can be the long-awaited one.

Fourth Heading:A limited edition (NAITOPIA Dream pack) that the phantom book, "without any NiGHTS wing to fly to the sky" that ship!

Fourth Paragraph:
The original version released in the same time being released in the unique worldview of a picture book that attracted many fans of the book phantom "NiGHTS to wing did not fly to the sky".
A similar game, revived hope for a lot of fan demand, but this time, the perks included as a complete reprint. NiGHTS story of a boy and, through another "NiGHTS world" can enjoy!

*hope you can read through that somewhat comfortably. I used google translate lol.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Re-rendered in higher resolution. That's all I really want.

Have to agree with you. Though, I don't want them messing with it anymore then a face lift... and the added gallery extras.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I just made a blog on this story. I hope I didn't screw up with anything. Check it out:

http://illvillain.ga...rs.com/gamepad/

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Maybe its me...But Claris looks ugly now.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Maybe its me...But Claris looks ugly now.

How can you tell. That picture is so small.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

How can you tell. That picture is so small.

I think it's the eyes. They're are slanty instead of big and round.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I think it's the eyes. They're are slanty instead of big and round.

I did notice that a little. Still I'll have to wait to see a bigger picture.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
This makes me wonder how Elliot looks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users