Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, drawing, singing, video games, the music, shonen manga
okay, It is unfair to both versions, but why NiGHTS on PS2 is not released in Europe and U.S.?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

okay, It is unfair to both versions, but why NiGHTS on PS2 is not released in Europe and U.S.?

A good question, and one that we all have been asking since it's apparent Japanese-only release. Maybe they thought it wouldn't sell, maybe there was no push for localization, but the fact is that, for whatever reason, it hasn't been. And it still makes me a little bitter to think of how easy it would be to change a little text and print the discs for a different region PS2.

In any case, it's good, I like the flow with the dual-shock a lot more than the original saturn controller. The revamped visuals are great.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

Nope, they removed Sonic into dreams for the PS2 version. There's also no 2 player mode.

O.O Seriously? I didn't realize that. Why didn't they remake those, too? If they did everything else, it couldn't have been that hard.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

A good question, and one that we all have been asking since it's apparent Japanese-only release. Maybe they thought it wouldn't sell, maybe there was no push for localization, but the fact is that, for whatever reason, it hasn't been. And it still makes me a little bitter to think of how easy it would be to change a little text and print the discs for a different region PS2.

In any case, it's good, I like the flow with the dual-shock a lot more than the original saturn controller. The revamped visuals are great.

I remember someone mentioning that this was done by a company outside of Sega, and that because of that there may be copyright issues that prevent it from being released overseas. x-x;;; No matter what the issue is, I wish they fix whatever it is/decide it's worth a shot.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
My copy came in today. The book is very nice but a load smaller than I thought. Now to search out swapdisc and modding and decide on a path.

Edit/update:
I got it to work on a PS2 emu and now have it in iso file. Yays!
Bad news is that it plays only around 18fps. Total drag. Gonna save my money for a Japanese PS2 or a modded one.

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, drawing, singing, video games, the music, shonen manga
I feel that in Christmas NiGHTS Into Dreams (Saturn) there is no 2 player mode too, I'm wrong?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

I feel that in Christmas NiGHTS Into Dreams (Saturn) there is no 2 player mode too, I'm wrong?

I don't believe there's a 2-player in Christmas NiGHTS but there is in the regular Saturn NiGHTS into dreams.

Now that you bring it up, it occurred to me how weird it would be if the did have 2-Player in a Christmas-focused version. At least, if it was the normal 2-Player vs. mode from the regular release. That'd be sort-of defying the meaning of Christmas, wouldn't it, lol.

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
okay ^ ^ I say its because the internet I found a screenshot of Reala in Christmas, and apparently could have used, I would like to know how ^ ^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Do you mean this?- If you set the date on your Saturn to April Fool's day and play Christmas NiGHTS, you play regular Spring Valley as Reala (with NiGHTS's sfx). I imagine this is still in the PS2 version..

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
saw the graphics I would say that its just the Saturn version, here is the screenshot of Reala

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
do any of you know where i can find the Halloween NiGHTS track? i looked through this entire thread and couldn't find it, where is it? :huh:

RachelF19

RachelF19

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Ty beanie babies,Music, Singing,Karate, The Nightmare Before Christmas. My two favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas.
I wish I could get the import but untill then I has Journey of Dreams for wii, and the Orginal Nights into Dreams for Sega Saturn, along with it's Christmas Demo. it took me nin years to find a Sega Saturn.

:huh:

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
The halloween NiGHTS track~ Oh yes~ It was in this thread.
I believe Charlie found it while hacking although I do not believe it's actually used in the game. The normal music plays when I play Halloween NiGHTS... 8P

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Here is the Halloween track.

Chao is right, it doesn't appear to be used in the game, or at least no one has found it yet...

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
ah thank you! :huh: i cant seem to find it on-game either, i assume it wasnt used then D:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Maybe the music track was made for a start screen that wasn't completed.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hey, so I've heard now that Sony is the property blocking NiD from being ported, because they don't think highly enough of the Sega Ages line? Is this the case? Sony is being jerks?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It's possible, but I would want to know the source of that information before I believe it. Ultimately, the console maker has authority over what games get put on their consoles; like Sega of America infamously blocking RPGs on the Saturn.
But the PS2 seems to be the home of so many crap games, I don't think Sony is so strict about that sort of thing.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I highly doubt it

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Yeah, I don't think that rumor is too true either. I mean, Sony will not let their PS2 die for anything so barring games from releasing on it wouldn't make much sense. I really think it was a mistake on SEGA's part. I love the games they produce but business wise I will never understand their company.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Yeah, I don't think that rumor is too true either. I mean, Sony will not let their PS2 die for anything so barring games from releasing on it wouldn't make much sense. I really think it was a mistake on SEGA's part. I love the games they produce but business wise I will never understand their company.

I know this is a lame answer, but my guess is that there's a combination of the Japanese reception, JoD, Sega Superstars, and SST going into their logic. None of the games were hugely successful, so Sega probably thinks that it would be a waste of time to try another PS2 NiGHTS game. Plus, it's been two years since the remake was released in Japan, so they've probably moved on.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I know this is a lame answer, but my guess is that there's a combination of the Japanese reception, JoD, Sega Superstars, and SST going into their logic. None of the games were hugely successful, so Sega probably thinks that it would be a waste of time to try another PS2 NiGHTS game. Plus, it's been two years since the remake was released in Japan, so they've probably moved on.

Well if they do decide to give the world another NiGHTS Saturn game there's always XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Hey, so I've heard now that Sony is the property blocking NiD from being ported, because they don't think highly enough of the Sega Ages line? Is this the case? Sony is being jerks?

...well, isn't this interesting? Actually, i've heard something similar of this a while ago. May i be so bold as to ask where you found this information out from? PM me if you want to.

In regards to what Viper has said here, that PS2 port that occured might be the reason why NiGHTS could have trouble being ported elsewhere in regards to both regions and consoles. As of this moment i don't know the details in full, i'm honestly quite sketchy with what i know in regards to it but i know i have heard something along the lines of the port to Sony PS2 that happened in Japan might have somehow caused the game to remain stuck on that console unless there is a way around it and to get it ported. Or it could just be that particular package that is stuck on the PS2 however the original NiD might still be portable as a stand alone port. I'll have to check on that.

That being said, even though i've been offline a lot i have been doing a little homework of my own about NiGHTS and any potential to have a port made of NiD. Let's see what we can make happen, eh.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

That being said, even though i've been offline a lot i have been doing a little homework of my own about NiGHTS and any potential to have a port made of NiD. Let's see what we can make happen, eh.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear you were itching for another campaign. I wouldn't mind. This place sure is quiet these days.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

If I didn't know any better I'd swear you were itching for another campaign. I wouldn't mind. This place sure is quiet these days.

Hmm, something along those lines, yeh. I would prefer waiting for the AllStars Racing dust to settle before we begin anything. And at this point i don't think we're ready to fire up a storm again, lol. I think it's all in our best interests to just sit tight for a bit until i've figured out the best route for something like it.

I presume it's been quiet around here due to the previous campaign. After all, that kinda did kick off in a big way. I wouldn't be surprised if people did want a break from all the NiGHTS talk, lol. It certainly drained me. But i'll be back to kick things off again properly soon XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I only heard about it from another Sega forum member, so I dunno where he heard it from. Check out this thread (scroll down)- http://forums.sega.c...t=323220&page=3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Interesting.

Well, for now i'll just say give me a few weeks and i'll see what i can find out.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Hmm, something along those lines, yeh. I would prefer waiting for the AllStars Racing dust to settle before we begin anything. And at this point i don't think we're ready to fire up a storm again, lol. I think it's all in our best interests to just sit tight for a bit until i've figured out the best route for something like it.

I presume it's been quiet around here due to the previous campaign. After all, that kinda did kick off in a big way. I wouldn't be surprised if people did want a break from all the NiGHTS talk, lol. It certainly drained me. But i'll be back to kick things off again properly soon XD

Another even along the lines of a campaign would be great, and it could build off of ASR one, but you're absolutely right that we should wait until the point where Sega doesn't think we have nothing better to do than whine. Things happen in waves; there were a lot of people shortly after JoD, then it was calm, then there was a surge of people for ASR, now it's calm. This makes it the perfect time to discuss news and come up with a plan.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Another even along the lines of a campaign would be great, and it could build off of ASR one, but you're absolutely right that we should wait until the point where Sega doesn't think we have nothing better to do than whine. Things happen in waves; there were a lot of people shortly after JoD, then it was calm, then there was a surge of people for ASR, now it's calm. This makes it the perfect time to discuss news and come up with a plan.

Yeah, that's what i mean. I know this fanbase is not fussy and it really doesn't take a lot to please us, like other fanbases. We just don't like being given the short end of the stick and ASR made it pretty short for us. Lol, that was the first time the fanbase itself ever rallied over anything so people can give us the benefit of the doubt, we don't do this thing every day XD

But i do have plans and ways in which i wanna start the next thing going. It won't be for a little while yet but naturally you'll be informed when things are gonna go under way.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Just thought I'd share this with you all. It's actually possible to play PS2 imports on your PS3 if you own one of the old PS3's that are backwards compatible and you own Swap Magic Coder and a USB Hard Drive or Thumb Drive. There is no modding or swapping discs required!

Swap Magic Coder lets you launch programs off the USB drive. There's a free program called PS2Loader, which is like HDAdvance, and it will let you launch PS2 games that you have saved on your USB drive. You do have to patch the PS2 game so it can load but it's pretty simple.

If there's anyone out there that wants to give this a try just let me know and I'll give you some more details.

I think it's pretty cool that I can play NiGHTS on my PS3! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users