Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
DRACULAAAAA!!!! On Halloween night only you get to play as Elliot in what appears to be a Dracula costume!

I'll be doing a video tonight...I couldn't do one during the week cause my laptop died and it's taken time for me to rebuild it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
Awesome pics Charlie dude! Cant wait to see the video.
and wow! 3D pian egg!! It's amazin what I find interestin... lol.
On a side note, toast and nutella? gross! XP

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Here's a video of Halloween NiGHTS, both Claris and Elliot, as well as some of the other clock features in the PS2 version.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mWwQGR7sk

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
WICKED!

This is so cool, thanks for showing us this, man. :P

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Ohgod, I knew it! XDDD I was about to ask about why they didn't dress Elliot up as Dracula or even a wizard, and now here he is, a chibi vampire!!! XDDD *goes to watch video*

EDIT: Y'know, I don't know if anyone else has realized this, but I think NiGHTS is supposed to be a ghost of some kind. 0.0

ANOTHER EDIT: And how in the world did you get Elliot into Mystic Forest (which suddenly makes why that particular level was chosen for this make sense)?

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Ohgod, I knew it! XDDD I was about to ask about why they didn't dress Elliot up as Dracula or even a wizard, and now here he is, a chibi vampire!!! XDDD *goes to watch video*

EDIT: Y'know, I don't know if anyone else has realized this, but I think NiGHTS is supposed to be a ghost of some kind. 0.0

ANOTHER EDIT: And how in the world did you get Elliot into Mystic Forest (which suddenly makes why that particular level was chosen for this make sense)?

Ahhh...I bet you're right about NiGHTS being a ghost. I was also wondering how Elliot landed in Claris' dream world. He gets to roam around Mystic Forest for the first time, and Claris also gets to play in Elliot's Splash Garden when she's in a swimsuit. Elliot must be having dreams of her in a bikini!!!

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
O_O wow, i remember when i found the summer stuff way back when. Then i tried to find out any Halloween stuff and i played around for a while. Never thought of doing Mystic Forest (Mystic/Halloween, DUH) Wish i found this one 1st :P Good job charlie!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
A vampire! Haha, that's just awesome.
Great job charlie.

Sonic Team have finally updated their website; they have a nice picture of that halloween NiGHTS.
http://nights.sega.jp/nights1/ps2/image/secret/08/image.html

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
hmmmm....

Maybe NiGHTS is supposed to be a shinigami (yes, those existed before Bleach and Death Note). Eh, something like that. It looks a lot better seeing it up close.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Dualize with me, bla.

Man, this is cool. Now I see Halloween NiGHTS actually has a different outfit, it's not even just a color thing, or the blue glowy. Wow.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Thought I'd share some screens of the New Years and Winter outfits that appear in the Xmas dreams. They are the same outfits that are used on the Saturn disc, but with updated graphics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Sweetness, there really was a lot more done with his halloween outfit than a recolor; I was almost disappointed. *goes to make sure iniphineas sees this* And neato about updated graphics. ^-^

EDIT: And has anyone else noticed that Halloween NiGHTS seems to have pompoms on the ends of his hat like his Christmas incarnation? XDDD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
So many goodies put into this game. I just wish that the original Christmas NiGHTS and all of it's features were on the disc. Still, what we get is just awesome.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Not sure if anyone else noticed but the official PS2 NiGHTS website has 3 more "coming soon" buttons. I wonder if we know about them already or if it will be another surprise??

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah. Two of those could be an American and European release. That would surprise the hell outta me. XD

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
It HAS to be other release dates!
I probably will die if it isn't that.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I guess one of them will be the New Year event, since it's not yet on their website. Maybe another is for the Christmas day.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hmmm, maybe one of the remaining secrets will be an Easter NiGHTS o.O Bunny Reala?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I keep looking at this thread and seeing the awesome and I think I'm going to break down and buy the PS2 NiGHTS when I get my next paycheck.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
If those two coming soon options are international releases then I'll damn sure get the North America version. Sick of using this swap magic disc.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
(I am pretty sure international release dates would not be first revealed on the "Secrets" page of the Japanese website...)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

(I am pretty sure international release dates would not be first revealed on the "Secrets" page of the Japanese website...)

Me neither, i was joking. ^^

As for what they 'could' be, it's most probably going to be something date related and probably level specific like how the Halloween easter egg is only available in Mystic Forest.
Hmm. Now that i think about it, Charlie had found the Halloween music when he was going through trying to hack PS2 NiD prior to Halloween NiGHTS being announced on the Japanese website. I don't think he found any other odd song that we've not already heard so the remaining surprises being a specific holiday now seem uncertain.

The only thing i can think of that they 'might' use is Valentine's Day. This holiday event is something that has been used in games like PSO and PSU so it would not surprise me if they have thrown it into NiGHTS aswell. Still, this is just me guessing. It could be anything.

...Valentine NiGHTS. Hmm. That could get confusing for me, lol. XD;;

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.

Hmm. Now that i think about it, Charlie had found the Halloween music when he was going through trying to hack PS2 NiD prior to Halloween NiGHTS being announced on the Japanese website. I don't think he found any other odd song that we've not already heard so the remaining surprises being a specific holiday now seem uncertain.

You're correct, DiGi. There was really nothing else out-of-the-ordinary on the disc. All of the halloween textures were blatantly labeled 'halloween', so I don't think there would be any more costume-related secrets. You never know though, I could be wrong.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
No surprise...one of the "Coming Soon" features was for the Christmas Dream, which runs from 11/25 - 12/25.

http://nights.sega.jp/nights1/ps2/image/se...t3.html#navichi

MORRiS1113

MORRiS1113

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Gaming. Video's, Cinematography. among to many other things to mention. probably in the same catagory
wow. seems like everyone is having probs playing their ps2 copies. ill explain as best as i can

Some Swap Magics can allow the playing of imports. only problem is that they are real finicky and atimes can take multiple tries.

Modchips are definatly a must based on my opinion for playing imports. i have one, and i also have a ton of imports i only wish came to the US.

i know you can purchase mods and swaps off www.modchip.com or your region place.

now about the game. the game is totally english. the only japanese things about it are the save text, and the Dubbing that happens in the beginning and the end of NiGHTS Christmas bonus levels.

the 2 player and Sonic into dreams are NOT in this version. the graphics have been improved MUCH and are great.
the music is also ENGLISH. this means Dreams Dreams of course.

the original Saturn Version of NiGHTS is also on the game. just for those who wish to relive the experience back in its original glory. sound test is nice. and all the extra's are also a joy to go through.

i recomend people to get a modchip. not for illegal purposes of course. but to be able to import and not have to worry about ps2 swapping and breaking issues which i hear of alot.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
http://nights.sega.j...t3.html#naviyea

New Year's NiGHTS announced for the second last secret spot... I wonder what the last one will be?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'm glad they're still updating the site...

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
<.< ... >.>... I think this is great news ^^; PS2 is a really system in my opinion. The analogs are very comfortable and would be perfect to play NiGHTS on =3.

Granted it seems their marketing know-how is going down the drain ~_~ as is some of their big decisions concerning their products *coughps3cough*, but that system is luff for me X3.

I have the original but I'd get this anyway, because my old games are starting to give out on me o_o, and while it's awesome owning the original, they only last so long T_T *pets saturn* it's ok.. I still love you.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I do own this now, the Nightopia Dream Pack version because I have yet to bother modding my PS2 to play imports and that book alone is worth it.

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
So I'm still assuming that (at least for now) there's absolutely no chance I'll be able to get this in America? (I mean, without importing it/buying it on Ebay, 'cause those aren't really in my options list)
Is this assumption true?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Most likely... unless Sega needs another breather from Sonic :D
SO... ya... I'm gonna need to go online for this one and get those mods/chips/whatever they are...

Lotus

Lotus

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hopefully this comes to the US. And hopefully I'd be able to play it on PS3...

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
http://nights.sega.jp/nights1/ps2/image/se...t3.html#navival
They've updated the website with the last secret... for Valentine's Day, it's snowing hearts.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
-__-" What a dissapointment... They use the hourly effects from the original Christmas NiGHTS, and try to sell them out as "Secrets". The PS2 version really is not as good as the original<___<"

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i don't have the PS2 one, does the halloween NiGHTS look cool?

dohoho what a tool i am, there's a picture right up there...

GraceWolf

GraceWolf

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Writing,drawing,video games,reading, and other natural things
I don't think this came to the U.S did it? I would love to get it if it did but I'll want till I'm older and can fly tyo Japan of anywhere else and buy it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I don't think this came to the U.S did it? I would love to get it if it did but I'll want till I'm older and can fly tyo Japan of anywhere else and buy it.

Nope. But you can buy it online from places like Play Asia.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
So HAPPY!
I just won a Dream Pack so I get to experience the new graphics and the sweet book!
;)

Tenshi_no_yoru

Tenshi_no_yoru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, drawing, singing, video games, the music, shonen manga
Wow! it's fun ^^
and everything is also on the Saturn version of NiGHTS Christamas?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Wow! it's fun ^^
and everything is also on the Saturn version of NiGHTS Christamas?

Nope, they removed Sonic into dreams for the PS2 version. There's also no 2 player mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users