Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BIIIIG Fanmaren project

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I have a DeviantArt journal about this but I want to have as much input as I can.

It's simple, I'm gathering as many fan-created nightmaren as I can for a enormous group picture I want to start working on in the beginning of 2008! Thus, I need people to send me Refs of their nightmaren and permission to add them to this group picture. I already have almost 100 nightmaren but I want as many as I can.

"You're insane!"

Perhaps but I'd like to do this. Why? Because it'll help me improve my art and it'll show others just how big a world NiGHTS has created. (And I like drawing fanmaren)

ALSO Chlorine, aka Petit-Chou.deviantart.com, is also needing fanmaren for a picture he calls "Maren Festival." You should also Note him with a REF and DESCRIPTION of your fanmaren as well. Goto his page and contact him for more information.

What to do:

* Send refs of your nightmaren (Pref in color) to me via DeviantArt, or someplace like photobucket, or your own webspace in a PM or a DeviantArt Note.
* No limit to amount of Fanmaren you can send me but please be creative in your designs.

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 12th 2008
YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR FANMAREN REFS SENT TO ME BY THIS DATE or you're likely not to be a part of this group picture.

I'll post progress pictures when I start working on this in 2008.

Please don't be shy! I don't turn people away... and if you have questions just ask.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
This seems like its gonna be a big awesome project! You've already got Purgatory and when I get to colouring Roumi, I'll be sure to send him your way. ^_^

Come on people! Sign up!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
oo, i have a fanmaren that no-one(i think it looks kind of crappy) has seen! YOU MIGHT DO IT JUSTICE!!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

oo, i have a fanmaren that no-one(i think it looks kind of crappy) has seen! YOU MIGHT DO IT JUSTICE!!

^_^! You should let me see it! ^_^ I wanna draw it.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
This is gonna be awesome... I'm all excited and you don't even start working on it til next year... gahhh *is impatient* XD

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
SWEET! Kudos to you for taking on such a massive project! ^_^ I'll send/post an update of Starr, and I'll get my friend Sarah in on it too! We're both on DA! :3

Oh gosh I almost forgot VORTeX. D8 I can't wait to see how many fanmaren exist!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Chlorine is also doing a project like this. His DA is Petit-Chou.deviantart.com, so if you'd like to be a part of his pic as well, let him know through a note on DA or a PM here on the forums. He can't add you if you don't tell him first! You may want to check out his art first, its in our fanart gallery and of course there's his DA account.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
I may character-nap my sister's old fanmaren for this. I'm sure she won't mind (she'd probably find it cool).

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I'm looking really forward to seeing this 8D. Thanks for doing this for us ^___^!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Sounds interesting, Mary.
Humaren shaped people only, right? Or can we send stuff like 'Valentine' your way? He may not be a maren as such but still created around the NiGHTS universe. Failing that, i could just send you a really old fan-humaren i had many years ago which i no longer use anymore because everyone told me it was "bad to have a humaren as a fan-character" back then since Reala and NiGHTS are the one of a kinds XD;; my my, how this fanbase has changed over the years.

Anyways, so which would you prefer? Valentine, even though he don't look like the rest, or MAGiC, the fan-humaren? Or both? weh hey! :)

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
I still have more coming. ^^; Dear heavens, darling, how many have I thrown at you so far?

Thanks again for this incredible idea, though. This is really going to be a fantastically beautiful project to see.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I got one fan nightmaren, he's not done yet though (refer to the NiD oekaki for a look).. but this is cool, hopefully I'll add him to your project

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I'm a little hesitant to send in my three fanmaren (well, technically speaking, they're pians that look like first-class nightmaren... *bows in apology to the fanbase for tearing apart NiGHTS's reality* ), since all of them are the girlfriend of either NiGHTS, Reala, or Jackle. ^^; I'm afraid they'd get into cat-fights (especially Marian and DB (since DB's the only fanmaren I know of that's paired with one of them)... XDDDD *imagines that Jackle would very much enjoy watching that* ).

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Sounds interesting, Mary.
Humaren shaped people only, right? Or can we send stuff like 'Valentine' your way? He may not be a maren as such but still created around the NiGHTS universe. Failing that, i could just send you a really old fan-humaren i had many years ago which i no longer use anymore because everyone told me it was "bad to have a humaren as a fan-character" back then since Reala and NiGHTS are the one of a kinds XD;; my my, how this fanbase has changed over the years.

Anyways, so which would you prefer? Valentine, even though he don't look like the rest, or MAGiC, the fan-humaren? Or both? weh hey! :)

BOTH! I've accepted non-fanmaren but NiGHTS universe based creations and similar things for this project. BRING IT OOOON!!!

I'm a little hesitant to send in my three fanmaren (well, technically speaking, they're pians that look like first-class nightmaren... *bows in apology to the fanbase for tearing apart NiGHTS's reality* ), since all of them are the girlfriend of either NiGHTS, Reala, or Jackle. ^^; I'm afraid they'd get into cat-fights (especially Marian and DB (since DB's the only fanmaren I know of that's paired with one of them)... XDDDD *imagines that Jackle would very much enjoy watching that* ).

It's alright, as long as you don't mind them not hanging off their spouses, I'm fine with that. I'm hoping to not have the original Nightmaren from NiD or JODs in this picture... but please send them on over... and you shouldn't feel so bad about them, even I used to have a Wife of Reala maren at some point... I think we all been there.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I'd actually rather NOT see them hanging off their spouses in this particular project (but grouped together; they're sisters, after all) because I figured that the originals wouldn't be involved (and even if they were, this would potentially mean they each have about ten females trying to hang off them, so even then I'd rather not see it at all). ^-^ *glomplehugs and hopes to god she makes any sense at all*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Cool. I'll get those refs to you as soon as i can then :) Cheers for this. This must be shaping up to be a really big project. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Looks like I'm going to have to dust off the pad and pencil again. I don't have any fanmaren but there is this one character I made for a piece of fan fiction I'm working on. He's actually a night terror instead of a nightmare so I hope it's okay.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Wow, you are going to be a professional after this is over. How are you going to color the maren? Digital or on paper with paint or something?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Wow, you are going to be a professional after this is over. How are you going to color the maren? Digital or on paper with paint or something?

I'm thinking paper and pen... only because inking digitally really bores me and ticks me off ... if I'm going to get this done I'm better off staying with paper and markers!

However I did think of a flash idea, but I dropped it since it still requires digital inking. I might upload the scanned image into flash so the characters can be clickable with information on who they belong to and so forth... instead of a long list. It'll be confusing if it's a list... so Flash might be good for that but not for the drawing/coloring.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Ambitious project, I wish you the best of luck !
Once I decide on his colours, I think I'll send SALUT on his way to you, if you don't mind : P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Valentine refs ahoy.

http://www.nightsint...ValRefPage1.jpg
http://www.nightsint...ValRefPage2.jpg
http://www.nightsint...emp/ValDiGi.bmp
http://www.nightsint...ByMadmatica.jpg

Basically, he's the same as he's always been only now his ears actually look like ears rather than having two huge ..things..stick out from behind his head. XD
The refs are all the same but his ears look like how Madmatica drew them in that last picture. Hope that helps. Thanks again for putting him in this :D

As for MAGiC...er... well, i'll need to draw him up again. I ain't drawn him in years.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Ambitious project, I wish you the best of luck !
Once I decide on his colours, I think I'll send SALUT on his way to you, if you don't mind : P

I don't mind at all!

Valentine refs ahoy.

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/temp/ValRefPage1.jpg
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/temp/ValRefPage2.jpg
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/temp/ValDiGi.bmp
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/temp/Valen...ByMadmatica.jpg

Basically, he's the same as he's always been only now his ears actually look like ears rather than having two huge ..things..stick out from behind his head. XD
The refs are all the same but his ears look like how Madmatica drew them in that last picture. Hope that helps. Thanks again for putting him in this :D

As for MAGiC...er... well, i'll need to draw him up again. I ain't drawn him in years.

Wow!! Thanks for all the refs! I can wait for MAGiC... just not after the date I said. Not many people give me so much to work with!! This is nice!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
*Tear* I would enter my Maren but... *Sniff* I dont have a reference.

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Scenic Chavland, United Kindom. Just passed the Burned Cars...
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.
I think i already gave you the Ref Sheet for all 3 of my iMPERFECT MAREN... And you have got Xay as Well... Both of you have. Let me know if you need them again and i'll send 'em to you =P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hmm. *thinks* Hey Mary. I wanna request something...but only if you're cool about it, of course. See, I was gonna draw up a ref of this MAGiC maren but i want the position to be filled by someone who is a little more important to me. Could i request that Astrima be drawn next to Val, instead? If it's ok with you.
Reason i'm changing my mind about which character goes in with Val is because i started thinking how this picture represents the fanbase and what has been created from it and even though Atty belongs to Trippy and was 'technically' around prior to her becoming a NiGHTS fan, to me it's someone who i feel changed my own life along with NiGHTS. I've been thinking how big this fanbase is. This project of yours will show everyone the kind of soul that this fanbase has. I would like Astrima to go in next to Val instead of MAGiC...if it is ok with you.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I already sent ya Somni's ref on dA, but I'm working on a new one. The one I have up is over a year old. @@ And if we're gunna have 'maren hanging off the main characters, Somni is gunna be /somewhere/ near Reala. XD

My crazy little 'maren sees Reala as a mentor, but also as a brother.

D: iNSOMNiAC is NOT a Gary Stu, before you people start. I've made mistakes with my characters in the past, but not anymore. I'm working on his profile now. XD

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I already sent ya Somni's ref on dA, but I'm working on a new one. The one I have up is over a year old. @@ And if we're gunna have 'maren hanging off the main characters, Somni is gunna be /somewhere/ near Reala. XD

My crazy little 'maren sees Reala as a mentor, but also as a brother.

D: iNSOMNiAC is NOT a Gary Stu, before you people start. I've made mistakes with my characters in the past, but not anymore. I'm working on his profile now. XD

Nonono, no one will be hanging off any main characters. They won't even be present in this image. But YAY! More refs!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
This drawing is so old. D:
http://ayamemaiden.d...nished-16239638
Her name isn't FLiGHTS anymore, it's FLiNCH. XD

*Exited*

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
HOLYFUDGECAKESIHAVETWODAYSANDIHAVEN'TDRAWNTHEMYET!!! OO;;;; *headdesks*

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
I love the sound of this project! I'll be sending you my ref for MAGPiE via PM! ^^

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
http://demon-heart.c...marenmitsuu.png

kato drew, and i'm still very happy about it!!

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
I learned about this yesterday, on the fourth of January, so I've been scrambling to find decent pictures of my fanmaren, a Verol named Ivana and a Hollow named Chasity. I was only able to find one good picture of them together so I hurried over to the store with my dad to get them scanned.

I just realized that I needed to sign my name at the bottom of the picture in case someone (NOT from this site) decides to snatch it up. that might take extra time since the store might be closed, but I really want my fanmaren in the picture. Also, I don't have a DeviantArt account, so that will mess things up as well... <_<

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I learned about this yesterday, on the fourth of January, so I've been scrambling to find decent pictures of my fanmaren, a Verol named Ivana and a Hollow named Chasity. I was only able to find one good picture of them together so I hurried over to the store with my dad to get them scanned.

I just realized that I needed to sign my name at the bottom of the picture in case someone (NOT from this site) decides to snatch it up. that might take extra time since the store might be closed, but I really want my fanmaren in the picture. Also, I don't have a DeviantArt account, so that will mess things up as well... :mellow:

You don't need a DA account, it's ok it's extended till Feb 12th, and chill. You have time and I'll gladly add them to my list.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Wha? Extended? Oo; *starts feeling the procrastination bug setting in* Gwaaa! No! I'm not gonna procrastinate until the last minute; I'm gonna learn to stop procrastinating! ..... But I'm not sure I'm allowed on the computer right now, so I'll just check some things and get off. ^^; *heaves a sigh of relief she doesn't have to ninja drawing time on the computer today*

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).

You don't need a DA account, it's ok it's extended till Feb 12th, and chill. You have time and I'll gladly add them to my list.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: Ummm... how do you send notes on DeviantArt?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Thank you so much!

EDIT: Ummm... how do you send notes on DeviantArt?

You can only send Notes if you have an account but you can send me a PM here on the forums with a link or do so in a post would be fine.

d3vilcat

d3vilcat

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I want ask one thing, how do you post a picture here on the blog?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I want ask one thing, how do you post a picture here on the blog?

Forums? You can use tinypic or photobucket or file uploads... then it gives you a link to use for forum posting.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I wish TORi could be a part of this, but, unfortunatley, I don't have a scanner..... *cries* My life sucks right now, but back on topic, is their anytning I could do so that TORi can still be in the pic?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I wish TORi could be a part of this, but, unfortunatley, I don't have a scanner..... *cries* My life sucks right now, but back on topic, is their anytning I could do so that TORi can still be in the pic?

You can draw it and then photo it, ask someone to draw it for you, give me a detailed description and I'll try and do my best, or get to a scanner before Feb 12th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users