Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Saturn 40% Beta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Things to look for? Oh man, there could be ANYTHING in that disc... @_@

I guess one thing I'm very curious about is not what's there to see, but to hear. Different sound bytes? Music? That sort of a thing. Of course, being that I know as much about hacking as Naruto knows about Hinata's crush on him, I sincerely apologize if that's an utter nightmare to find! LOL

What you find is what you find, and that's jim-dandy for us! :huh:

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
:B Im so excited!

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Wow...That angered me so much I'm not quite sure how to put my response..

Just..Think before you speak. TRAViS spent practically all of his money to get this for us, the least you could do is show some respect and thank him. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but..Dude, shut up, ok?

Well put iNSOMNiAC.

I've seen a fair few people who only want the ISO of the game and even though the elusive Sonic Xtreme tech demo, the Sonic CD betas and Sonic 2 alphas/betas got released as an ISO/ROM, I can see why Trav is thinking twice before releasing it since the disc is worth a mint. There's so many people who only want to take what Trav paid 1500 US dollars for, not to mention his life savings, and not pay anything back, not even at least DONATING for it. He *may* consider releasing it if people would donate.

And remember kids, if some hoarder bought it, would we at least see screenshots, videos, SFX and music on NiD.com? NO!!! So stop bitching and whining because TRAViS is hesitant on releasing an ISO.

But anyway, we hope to find something they started to put in, but taken out of the final release. Maybe we could find the debug mode code and put it into the final NiD. "HAX!!!" Just j/k :blink: lol

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Definitely mad props to TRAViS, sticking your poverbial neck out like that for the fandom is fantastic. If possible in the future, I'll certainly fire a bit of cash your way.

Wow...That angered me so much I'm not quite sure how to put my response..

Just..Think before you speak. TRAViS spent practically all of his money to get this for us, the least you could do is show some respect and thank him. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but..Dude, shut up, ok?

I was going to keep out of the whole 'rip' thing, but I'm going to chuck my two cents in now.

Yes, what TRAViS has done for the community is great (beyond it, even), and comparing not ripping the disc to some hoarder getting it and us never learning anything from it is going a bit too far, but I can't see why there couldn't be a rip that was distributed ONLY to those that had donated some cash back to TRAViS.

Look at it this way: with everyone donating, it's more like a community investment with TRAViS as the dude with the balls to put the major cash deposit down first, and then everyone chipping their bit in later. I'm not interested in a rip myself, 'cause I wouldn't have even the slightest use for it, but I don't feel the need to jump down the throats of people who DO want one and can't see why there couldn't be one limited to those that send some coin TRAViS's way.

Either way, good on you TRAV.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
TRAViS can I ask how much money you have gotten back from this ordeal?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I asked that the topic continue on without mention of the rude comment made by Miles. Please do not comment on it again. He has already been warned and his level has been raised and it should have been resolved when I stepped in. Ekairi, I also asked you specifically in PM to not acknowledge Miles any further. You should continue to "bite your tongue". In reality, you already messaged me about him to begin with, which in truth is the opposite of biting your tongue.

Any further comments drawing attention to Mile's comment (OR THIS ONE) will be deleted. Furthermore, this topic will be closed if it gets out of hand/when TRAViS actually receives the Beta. This topic is not for insulting/intimidating others. Thank you.

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
There was a NiD "debug mode" code floating around on the Internet that allows to do stuff like freeze the timer, skip levels, etc which doesn't even work in the final release.

Also too, would the analogue controller be already made when this came out?, try it as well as the acrobatic tricks that happen when L and R are pressed. For some reason, it doesn't work with Christmas NiGHTS yet it works with NiD.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
The one thing I can think of is if any of the character models looks different in the beta. Say, a different color or something like that.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

There was a NiD "debug mode" code floating around on the Internet that allows to do stuff like freeze the timer, skip levels, etc which doesn't even work in the final release.

I remember trying that code out, like...A million times. No results. Maybe it'll work in the Beta. =O

I really just want to see what's different, but..I can't help but wonder about Selph. ^^;

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Yeah, Selph seems to be the Holy Grail of NiD, but I'm now thinking that the most likely time we'll ever see him is if the person responsible for his character design came across the sketches and released them. I'm afraid now, though, that the sketches may've been literally scrapped at the same time Selph himself was scrapped, and there may be nothing left but a vague memory hidden in the mind of a person halfway around the world.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Yeah, Selph seems to be the Holy Grail of NiD, but I'm now thinking that the most likely time we'll ever see him is if the person responsible for his character design came across the sketches and released them. I'm afraid now, though, that the sketches may've been literally scrapped at the same time Selph himself was scrapped, and there may be nothing left but a vague memory hidden in the mind of a person halfway around the world.

...or dead... don't look at me like that it's a possibility God forbid :S

The one thing I can think of is if any of the character models looks different in the beta. Say, a different color or something like that.

lol green NiGHTS with bunny ears and nikes on.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

We have no idea what this disc may hold! Don't give up hope!

Update as of right now. drx has been having connection issues which has prevented him from successfully uploading the disc image so far. The disc itself is on its way and hopefully should arrive by Friday (it's crossing a few international borders). We'll see what happens.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

lol green NiGHTS with bunny ears and nikes on.

DiGi? :huh:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Valentine, to be exact. But yeah, sure, it's the same 'me', lol! XD

Anyways, i would request that when Trav, Drx and Suri begin work on this that you start a new topic to post your descoveries in, ok? That way we can leave this topic alone.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Anyways, i would request that when Trav, Drx and Suri begin work on this that you start a new topic to post your discoveries in, ok? That way we can leave this topic alone.

'Twas the plan, and I'm sticking to it. I have a feeling drx and Suri are going to find more than I will as I'm not too much of a hacker beyond the basics.

Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I can't believe more people haven't lost hope already, if you know where drx posts that is. He's already stated on a sonic community that it isn't anything that great

drx:
"Also, I did play the game (NiGHTS) and dump it, and believe me - it's not worth it =p"

I thought he woulda told you by now Travis but guess not :huh:

Edit: Just to avoid flames, for whatever reason, I mean whats visible in gameplay, not hidden on the disc or anything.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, Suri told me things might look promising if he digs a little into it. So, we let them do their work and wait to see what happens.

Thanks for that useful heads up, mate.

*topic closed*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users