Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Huge IGN Update

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
IGN just updated their site with screenshots of a new witch cat boss and concept art of the other characters such as NiGHTS, Helen, William, Reala, the owl, and Wizeman.

http://au.media.wii....984/imgs_1.html

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
HOLY FUDGEMONKIES!!! *glomps the cat-witch boss* Yeah, I love kitties. ^-^

EDIT: OMG! NiGHTS surprised!!! XDDDD *glomps him, too*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh snap! Nice find, IGN scores again

Anyone else think the cat is too 'cute'? For a Nightmaren I mean

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *screams in terror at NiGHTS in his mask on the next page* He looks pretty, but dammit, I know what it means! *growlsnarls @ Wizeman, despite him looking kick@$$ himself*

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
Omigosh,I don't have these pictures yet!
*Saves to my computer*Okay,now I can
Talk.Nice find...I can't believe I didn't see
these...good eyes. ^_^

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

I don't know. Those cat snakes are rather freaky themselves. They're smiling cat heads with snake bodies. It's enough to make me shudder. OoOoOo!

=3--------

That's suppose to be a cat snake.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
HOly cow what a cool boss! Its a witch-cat! ^_^ Good stuff!! Machenstein, thanks for catching this! *Saves EVERYTHIIING*

-EDiT-
Medusa-Witch-Cat-Scarecrow... O_o

*~ChAoSkY~*

*~ChAoSkY~*

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:-~~Videogames: <br />Klonoa, Sonic, Rayman, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, NiGHTS.~~ <br />~~Anime and manga: <br />Inuyasha, Case closed, One piece~~<br />~Drawing~ <br />~Cooking~ <br />~Swimming~ <br />~Crafts~
Thanks for this find. :]

OMG the "a bit suprised"-face on NiGHTS looks so cute along with the mask one.^_^'

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

If you look at a couple other shots, you can see that from the front, it looks like a cat nose, but from the side its a big nasty witch nose. I think... >_O *Looks again*

Yeah, look at the last Witch screen cap.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Uh....what happened to Cerberus? Why are we getting another cat? So far it sounds like the spider will be the only real new and fresh boss. Well...the chameleon kinda was.....

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

If you look at a couple other shots, you can see that from the front, it looks like a cat nose, but from the side its a big nasty witch nose. I think... >_O *Looks again*

Yeah, look at the last Witch screen cap.

Ah, I see what you mean. I just don't want Sonic Team to hold back, as if not to make them too scary, for kids or whatever. Just a small concern. Girania alone disproves this theory however.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I see what you mean. But at the same time, I think if they made something look too scary, it may not fit in that much with NiGHTS. The kids look real different, as it is. Not that i would mind a nice, freaky looking boss. XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
True, I mean, of course, the designs have to match the style of NiGHTS, it's not like you're gonna have Aragog ( http://www.exhibitor...ider_medium.jpg ), but there's plenty of ways to keep 'em nice 'n freaky.. eh, they're doin' all right, I gwess. 'Course we shouldn't make any judgements until we've actually battled the marens, too.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Also, maybe I should take back what I said in the above post. I forgot this is a remake, so all the boss are supposed to based off the originals I guess. This boss is pretty different from Clawz though. Not too bad really. Sill...was this Ceruberus or are there more bosses coming than I think?

---Edit---
Deleted first sentence sine I didn't look at the times well.....

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Studying this boss level, i'm wondering how you fight it. This boss area has many things going in it, what with the snake-cats, those weird purple ring-things that look like PSO teleporters, the fact that the arena itself is triangular. So far, we've had two bosses revealed. Don and Girania. Three, if you include the Chameleon but we don't know how his level looks yet. Don plays like the Puffy boss and Girania plays like the Gillwing boss. This one seems to be replacing the Clawz boss in terms of looks and level design but i think it will play similar to how you had to defeat Gulpo. I certainly think those snake-cats are there to help you hit the boss, since the boss never seems to leave from it's centre spot...kinda like how Gulpo stayed in the middle of the boss area in his stage and you had to use the little fish on the outside to dash inwards to hit him.

As for bosses. Well, we still have space for another 2 ...so it could be Cerberus and the Spider. Reala and Wizeman might just be single bosses without a stage before them, or maybe Reala appears at the end of the BellBridge level and Wizeman is just a boss without a stage.

Also, thank god they released the artwork this time around. NiGHTS looks so cute in those sketches :3

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I don't know. Those cat snakes are rather freaky themselves. They're smiling cat heads with snake bodies. It's enough to make me shudder. OoOoOo!

=3--------

That's suppose to be a cat snake.

Witch cat, cat snakes and darkness, oh my.
Now this is nightmare stuffs for true.

O_O...im kinda scare here. Eeek!! Get it, NiGHTS!! >_< eeeeee!!~
I am so not looking forward to the spider boss. (am scared of spidies)
I can see myself screaming at this game "eeew, kill it kill it kill it!!!"

True, I mean, of course, the designs have to match the style of NiGHTS, it's not like you're gonna have Aragog ( http://www.exhibitoronline.com/exhibitorma...ider_medium.jpg ), but there's plenty of ways to keep 'em nice 'n freaky.. eh, they're doin' all right, I gwess. 'Course we shouldn't make any judgements until we've actually battled the marens, too.

Thankyou for scaring my sh!tless with that link.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
It looks more to me like they're just there to hit you, but I guess it worked the same way with Gulpo and you had to get them to hit their own boss somehow. ^^' *still wants to MAUL Wizeman*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
AWESOME NIGHTMAREN IS AWESOME~
Posted Image

Okay okay, I like this new Nightmaren! I also wonder how you fight it! I can't wait to play this game! :3

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'll have to see this when I get home. I'm surprised my school didn't censor this site. I wanna see NiGHTS in the mask ^_^

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted Image

Okay okay, I like this new Nightmaren! I also wonder how you fight it! I can't wait to play this game! :3

Fabulous fast drawing skillzes OwO. Where is kittyball's tail?

This cat snakes do look like they are there to attack you.
I see a picture of NiGHTS catching heck with one of them.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Hate to nitpick, Purg, but you forgot her tail. ^^'

EDIT: KittyWhiggles beat me to it. XPPP Love the expressions of both of them, though. You're awesome. ^-^

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.

Studying this boss level, i'm wondering how you fight it. This boss area has many things going in it, what with the snake-cats, those weird purple ring-things that look like PSO teleporters, the fact that the arena itself is triangular. So far, we've had two bosses revealed. Don and Girania. Three, if you include the Chameleon but we don't know how his level looks yet. Don plays like the Puffy boss and Girania plays like the Gillwing boss. This one seems to be replacing the Clawz boss in terms of looks and level design but i think it will play similar to how you had to defeat Gulpo. I certainly think those snake-cats are there to help you hit the boss, since the boss never seems to leave from it's centre spot...kinda like how Gulpo stayed in the middle of the boss area in his stage and you had to use the little fish on the outside to dash inwards to hit him.

As for bosses. Well, we still have space for another 2 ...so it could be Cerberus and the Spider. Reala and Wizeman might just be single bosses without a stage before them, or maybe Reala appears at the end of the BellBridge level and Wizeman is just a boss without a stage.

Also, thank god they released the artwork this time around. NiGHTS looks so cute in those sketches :3

Imma seeing what you mean. Noting this is a rewrite, (not a sequel, poo) I'm expecting the 'new' bosses will operate sort of the same. Yeah I had a squee fest when I saw that piccy of Reala.....And Wizeman just looks like an old fart now. At least they're kepping SOME of the old characters, I give 'em credit for that, I just wish they hadn't done away with Claris and Elliot....they were the ORIGINAL NiGHTS' Angels. Still, I'm spazzed about the game coming out in my birthday month all the same. Yay, SEGA is still where I want to work. ^^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yayyyyyy finally NiGHTS in his feather mask XD I'd been dying to see that for ages! He looks so pretty *happy*
Seeing concept and development art is always a big thrill for me, especialy with this franchise since there was such an utter lack of it for NiD.

Lol the catboss makes me think of DB .... XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Forgot the tail, patterns, and everything else, as I simply felt like doodling. XD Yeah, I noticed I didn't put the tail in once I'd put it in my scraps on DA. XD

Maybe if I draw a second picture, I'll get more detailed.

Yeah, I think those cat things spring out at you like those joke peanut cans that have the spring-loaded snakes in them.. ha ha!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted Image

X3 Awesome artwork is awesome, Purg!

Loving the cat boss.

EEEE! NiGHTS with his mask on! X3 "wtfisthisthingomg.."

Reala DOES have pink nails! ¯\(°_o)/¯ lolwut

Owl looks a lot nicer in the art than in the game. @.@

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I'm thinking the pink nails are the flesh beneath the nails. I don't know why they aren't blue instead. Actually thats... kinda gross. XD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I still say he gets manicures from NiGHTS without Wizeman knowing. ¯\(°_o)/¯ (<-- Love that emote. XD)

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
That cat boss is awesome! I love it's insane expression and huge eyes. Such a nice design, and I love/want its big hat. XD I wonder, too, how you beat it... maybe the cat heads spring up randomly and you have to touch-dash them into the boss?

Ahaha, When I saw the bird-maren rider's concept art, all I could think of was SCAMPI. And now it's bloody stuck in my head. Nooo XD

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I want to eat that babeh!.
The pians looks so cute.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Studying this boss level, i'm wondering how you fight it...

My theory is... its a GIANT MARBLE MAZE : D. No jokes.

Posted Image
^The arena has 3 handles around its sides

Posted Image
^NiGHTS can push and pull the handles, thus tilting the maze.

I figure, the way you beat the boss, is by manipulating the maze, whilst avoiding the rocketing Cat heads (yay for Clawz throwback) so that the dormant Cat Heads fall in the holes. Making it explode in awesome or something.

Oh. And feather mask NiGHTS is f*!*ing pretty.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
AUUUGH KI-SAN you just HAD to share the Scampi love!! XD My iPod isn't even helping drown it out.. uwaaahhh!

Fabulous find Machenstein! I'm love love LOVING the concept art, I hope they release a book full of such goodness! *3* NiGHTS is so freaking adorable. I'm so glad they're giving him a full range of expressions this time. The classic smile is always a charmer, but it never hurts to stretch! :P

Is that a blue feather in his mask perchance? :D I don't believe in coincidence..!

And cat-maren is AWESOME! I wanna call it KiKi. *much love for Miyazaki films* LOL

And yes, KittyWhiggles, I too fear spiders. I had to stop playing Twilight Princess for a couple of hours, I was so badly scared. XD;;; Here's hoping this spider isn't too.. yanno, realistic! @_@ *grabs Raid*

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Whoa. Now THAT is what I want to wake up to! Albeit I'm waking up at 2 in the afternoon after completely skipping my morning class :P

I'm so using those expressions as emoticons. EVERYWHERE. MY HAPPEH. The cat boss looks interesting in terms of "how in the heck are you going to beat it?" I wanna knoooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Great find!

EDIT: Hey they uploaded that MTV video from the other day. Hooray for being an IGN Insider and getting it in HD :D

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
OMGZORZ. I love ign for this! NiGHTS' expressions are so cute! ^ _ ^

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Wizeman is looking very cool. This cat boss is a nice thing to see after that lizard boss; it has a great design and looks like a fun fight =D

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Eeeeeeeh :P I like kitty!maren, NiGHTS looks pretty in his mask, I love seeing the concept art and... Reala's bat-tights doesn't look as awful, but damn he has a big torso. NiGHTS' expressions are cute, and it was interesting to see the other colour choices for Helen. Wizeman looks... I dunno, he somehow looked better in the CGI art ^^;

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Talk about adorable, I love the cat boss! Replacement for Clawz I assume, same/similar face(s).

I got a toy as a cupcake topper during one Halloween in kindergarden that had a cat that looked almost exactly like this, shame it broke after I played with it so much, lol. Memories, I love it. I like that stained glass icon in the background, too.

The concept art is pretty neat to see. Reala looks a little odd in my opinion, but hey, it's concept art. I like the first coloration of Helen's costume best.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
>:P

Let's get all the Jackle fans and all the Clawz fans and start a rebellion.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
That was some kickass concept art. NiGHTS with the mask does look pretty weird though lol. I must see video of this cat boss fight.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Those expressions need to be made into avatars, stat.
And Wiseman is looking badass.
Now, the IMPORTANT thing....
What shall we call THIS Maren?

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

Those expressions need to be made into avatars, stat.
And Wiseman is looking badass.
Now, the IMPORTANT thing....
What shall we call THIS Maren?

Headz?

NiGHTS is looking pretty nice with the mask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users