Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What went down at Sega on Monday.

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Wow, three times? Oo' Boy, you're a patient bunch; I'm only having to sit through this current delay.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Holy WOW.

I really can't think of much more to add to this.. XD BUT I do wanna say again that you four are simply amazing, thank you so much for going and representing us there! Big yays for the delay, and getting your work to Iizuka (*shrieks with happy!!*), and scoring a copy of the preview demo! That's gonna be a treasure! Even though you didn't get to play, I think you came away with so much more!

And DiGi? You're our official hero. ^_^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

You know, when we were making that Sega Project 2007 i noticed something that would pop up in almost everybodies email. People kept asking for "more playtime with the dreamers" because in NiD you pretty much just walked up to the ideya palace and dualized with NiGHTS and until the final level, you never really saw much of Elliot and Claris. So, most of you people had asked Sega to show more of the dreamers this time around. And that is exactly what they're doing. Yeh, fair enough, the gameplay for the dreamers looks a bit poo but i suppose that's Sega's way of trying to listen to the fans.

As for NiGHTS not having any other games if this game fails. Well, it all depends, really. Let the game come out, let's play it thoroughly and then let's discuss our views on it in here to see what kind of reactions it's getting. Because i always said, if JOD fails then i'm making another Project folder to Sega....only this time we have the right email address's to send stuff to. If JOD is not a success then it only gives us more fire to show Sega how to get it right. I know for a fact i ain't gonna stop contacting them just because JOD might go balls-up.

Heh. go fig.. but maybe the reason the kids' areas are turning people off (myself included) is how they've been presented thus far.. walking around tossing blue chips was never a good idea. Dreamer play has always been somewhat important, for the A life, so especially in JoD we should be happy that they're building up these aspects so that there's simply 'more to do' (since the original gets by on being so perfectly executed, while still having 'limited' play options, so to speak).. they just have to be delicate with designing these new platforming sections as not to turn everybody off (i.e., throwing chips.)

I'm also concerned about the pressure Sega may be putting on JoD about sales. I feel like no matter how good the game is, it's hard to attract the same attention as something like Brawl. One key difference (from '96) we all know, and Sega does too, is that there are a helluva lot more Wii owners than Saturn owners, so the expectations for JoD are probably all the much higher. I've noticed that when gaming sites have articles on JoD, interest in the game shoots up, but abates almost instantly once the news has passed.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Yeah, I think that's people's general reaction when they don't take the time to look further into it than what they're given. I'm not sure whether or not I would've been much the same if I hadn't found out about NiGHTS the way I did.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
cool guys, thanks for reporting back!

nice to hear that its going to be a simultaneous worldwide release and... omg you're getting a copy pre-release - how do you think you'll cover it hear, preview-style format, mass spoliers, upload an iso!?! :P

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

I don't know how to make animated gifs. :<

Uh... I made this?:

Posted Image

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
When did the whole "Touch her, if you like that sort of thing." Line come about? I never heard it? Was it something that was heard at Lepzig? Was it in a video? I must know!

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
That line was in a bug list a while back. It was listed as one of the things needing to be fixed because it could possibly be "misinterpreted".
Obviously, we're all fervently hoping that the line gets left in. XD

Also, illvillain-- *rofl* XD
DiGi is now a meme.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

That line was in a bug list a while back. It was listed as one of the things needing to be fixed because it could possibly be "misinterpreted".
Obviously, we're all fervently hoping that the line gets left in. XD

Also, illvillain-- *rofl* XD
DiGi is now a meme.

I HELPED TOWARD A MEME!!! I FEEL IMPORTANT ONCE AGAIN!!!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

When did the whole "Touch her, if you like that sort of thing." Line come about? I never heard it? Was it something that was heard at Lepzig? Was it in a video? I must know!

YOu might also want to know that the exact line was, "Go over and touch NiGHTS...if your into that kind of thing."

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
This meme is over that Damn 9000th chaos emerald. XD
I need to start collecting IMG codes.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

YOu might also want to know that the exact line was, "Go over and touch NiGHTS...if your into that kind of thing."

Heh, I think the scriptwriter might be trying to slip in weird innuendo... that line and the "suck pieces of Girania's giant body" one make me kinda suspicious ಠ_ಠ

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*quick note to anyone who's been trying to contact me since i got home- I've been typing up something very important thus my absense. I'll be back around tommorow evening.

Sorry ^^;

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
It's okay, take your time. ^-^

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

It's okay, take your time. ^-^

Yes... take your precious time.

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Uh..iLLViLLAiN? Are you ok? :unsure:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Uh..iLLViLLAiN? Are you ok? :unsure:

Am I ever okay? lol

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Sega Nerds just updated with "revised" Australian release dates.

Jan 24th - NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Looks like the delay is becoming more and more certain.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Quite a long story. Good job on doing some recon for us fans. :P Your country thanks you. :P

Anyway, excited to hear the *hushhush* secret news. Hopefully we all learn about it soon!

And congrats on the art dealio. I bet Iizuka will love it! :)

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Heh, I think the scriptwriter might be trying to slip in weird innuendo... that line and the "suck pieces of Girania's giant body" one make me kinda suspicious ಠ_ಠ

And I thought I was reading it wrong XD. I read that line like 5X and still thought it was wrong.

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Sega Nerds just updated with "revised" Australian release dates.

Jan 24th - NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Looks like the delay is becoming more and more certain.

Actually, I believe Australia never had a confirmed date. Chances are if this where from the delay, it'd be February. I'd be shocked if Australia got it before Europe.

In any case, don't worry about. This sort of thing is exactly what happened with the last date.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
When you get Mario and Sonic at the Olympics there are two advertisments for JOD. (One on its own little paper, and the other is on the back of the guide book). One of them just says "Coming Soon!" instead of giving an actual date. So that shows they have been thinking about the delay for a little while now and also helps confirm it a bit I guess. Usually I see it give the month and year, but this doesn't.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Now that you had the chance to give Sega your artwork, this is the beginning of something big for you. <_<

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
good news/bad news. Bad: January WTF?!?! Good: more time to save up for a Wii! sucks you guys dident get to play JoD..... I say we form an angry mob.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Angry mobs arent needed to be honest. The PR was a very nice guy who's doing his best to help us now.

Seriously O_O when i say 'our trip wasn't wasted' i MEAN it. *eyeballs* I would do this trip a million times over (especialy for the drunken burgerbar hotel antics at 2am)

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting

Angry mobs arent needed to be honest. The PR was a very nice guy who's doing his best to help us now.

Seriously O_O when i say 'our trip wasn't wasted' i MEAN it. *eyeballs* I would do this trip a million times over (especialy for the drunken burgerbar hotel antics at 2am)

lol guess I got ahead of myself there.... I hope I get to go to europe someday....

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
So....when can we expect retailers to change their dates? It's getting a tad close.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah, Loren pointed out that they still haven't changed the dates in the computers at Gamestop.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
As i said in the recent site update, the Sega PR told us this delay was 100% certain. The gaming websites are still saying Dec 18th, however.
So, here's what you do. If the game releases on Dec 18th then go ahead and buy it. If it doesn't then you know this delay has stuck and you'll see it next year.
I don't think Sega are going to announce this delay because part of me began believing last night that they're still going to try and get it out for Dec 18th. But that's just me speculating.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I don't think its gonna be out by December, I just think a f*** all of people are gonna be confused. XD

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

As i said in the recent site update, the Sega PR told us this delay was 100% certain. The gaming websites are still saying Dec 18th, however.
So, here's what you do. If the game releases on Dec 18th then go ahead and buy it. If it doesn't then you know this delay has stuck and you'll see it next year.
I don't think Sega are going to announce this delay because part of me began believing last night that they're still going to try and get it out for Dec 18th. But that's just me speculating.

If I do see it in stores this Christmas, I'm going to probably drop a loud WTF and wonder what the hell Sega's doing. AND now I won't be able to buy it until at least mid-January, maybe later.

This has to be delayed though. I don't think the Sega PR would say that if he wasn't certain...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

This has to be delayed though. I don't think the Sega PR would say that if he wasn't certain...

That's the vibe i got off of him when we were asking. We asked him 20 times if he was sure about it and he kept saying 'yes'.
So, i think all we can do is wait and see what happens.

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Well, GameSpot just had a hands on with the "near final" build, an Sega still told them it's a December release. According to GS, the game still needs tightening and polish.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Well, GameSpot just had a hands on with the "near final" build, an Sega still told them it's a December release. According to GS, the game still needs tightening and polish.

Sega, please, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEASE don't rush this!!!! I don't want to just be happy with a great, yet unpolished, Journey of Dreams. I want to be overjoyed with what NiGHTS deserves and what it's all about: perfection.

Don't blow your shot at reviving one of the greatest games of all time...

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Oh, Gamespot has a bunch of new videos along with that hands on preview! I guess I'll make a news thread...

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^

Sega, please, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEASE don't rush this!!!! I don't want to just be happy with a great, yet unpolished, Journey of Dreams. I want to be overjoyed with what NiGHTS deserves and what it's all about: perfection.

Don't blow your shot at reviving one of the greatest games of all time...

I could not agree more. SEGA needs to take a moment to sit back and look at the fanbase and give them what they(we)'ve been craving for 11 years. If they rush this that seems like just another nail in the coffin, so to speak.

If, however, SEGA is still trying to get the game out for December, which is completely asinine IMO, then tehy had better get some hardcore work done as soon as possible to make the game all it can be in what little time they have left. I have to say though, that it seems unlikely that a couple weeks is going to be enough to get done what needs to be done, so the delay is still more than welcome in my, and surely most others', eyes

EDIT: can someone plz remove my stupid double post? I hit the 'add reply' button too fast *shame*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

EDIT: can someone plz remove my stupid double post? I hit the 'add reply' button too fast *shame*

Done and done.

I really hope Sega's not trying to get the game out for December, there's a lot of things to fix in less than, what, three weeks?

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Wow, that sounded like a fun journey. XD

Seriously, I'm not surprised by the accomodations of the EuroSEGA building...after all, if you consider how very few additions Europe get to games already released, they themselves won't have to touch much in the ways of game code...usually just making it PAL version and translating it for the European countries. (In fact off the top of my head, the only game series which has ever, to my knowledge (probably faulted knowledge), given the European people bonus gameplay, which was not also given to America and/or Japan are the Final Fantasy's- most appropriate and commonly known example is the presence of the Dark Aeons and Penance in Final Fantasy X, to which there are many a YouTube video complaining about people having to import OUR game over there to fight these added bosses.)

Did you have that shirt on that you had at Auchinawa, DiGi? As Salem said it was so funky it was becoming on object of myth, which when worn, the user is said to be able to do impossible feats, such as even persuading Sony to set fire to their own basement using Fireworks made from alcohol and built by elves, sold to goblins, stolen by dwarves and then coerced over to do a heroic deed by the wearer of that shirt.... (Actually, if I recall, Salem just said it was awesome and funky...but I know what he REALLY meant :) .....Or at least, I think I do)

The trip there would have been worth it, in my opinion, just to talk to the guy and get the answers you got, due to DiGi's awesome example of force manipulation XD
Its really good they're trying to iron out a lot of the bugs....from my dabbles in the art of the programming, knowing that theres so many bugs which can be resolved by two or three lines of coding, its a great comfort knowing they're trying to pick up on as many as possible. Here's hoping if they find any huge bugs, that they too can be easily resolved, or they have enough time to redo the necessary code in time, because almost 3 months might still be a bit too soon... Not trying to put any dampener down on the impatient people who can't even wait till February, just saying is all.

The person you spoke to does come off as a guy who was trying to help, and fair is fair, there's nothing he could really do about the situation under the circumstances, I think perhaps before DiGi's uber-rant, he was probably just a bit suspicious about whether or not you guys and your strange hair colours were hallucinations, you were in Amsterdam after all. Hehe ^^

The four of you seemed to have a good time, and got some info, more or less why you went, no? Perhaps not in the way expected.
But nonetheless, a good amount of success from the trip. I don't think anyone here couldn't call the situation an overall win. (Especially you guys, free Coke in EuroSEGA, a few hours gameplay, even if it was pretty much a mini-game collection- what else could the four of you play together on the Wii, really? You'll have impressed NiGHTS fans, Sonic fans and even Mario fans alike, under the circumstances. Not many people will be able to say that again any time soon.)

Wow, theres more brackets here than I've ever used in a single post in my life. XD

All this said, I'm looking forward to this 'extra' news more than anything ^^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

he was probably just a bit suspicious about whether or not you guys and your strange hair colours were hallucinations, you were in Amsterdam after all.

*lmao* true true XD

Good stuff happened, it's a damn shame i can't talk about it *beats head into wall*

You should've been there man, you would have like lolled at all the bikes and weed shops.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Its very annoying when someone is waiting for news...its even more annoying for you I imagine, knowing the stuff and not being able to divulge XD

I shall await anxiously, but not impatiently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users