Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Sonic Game?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Ahahah that's where I needz to stop you Yami XD; .

Guess who didn't do ANY shooting in the game. And I mean ANY. Except for like... once or twice on the big swarm levels.

It was real fun running through the "GET TO the END" levels without shooting and just normal Sonic Adventure-ish style playing. The shooting, I do gotta admit, wasn't entirely 100% a good idea... but it was something SEGA tried. It didn't work to well. But, Shadow was a Commercial Success... no?

That messes up your time and is hard as hell too do without getting hit. Homing attacks are not as powerful here and you end up having to hit a creature 2 to 4 times unless you have your gun. So it encourages you to use the gun. That or I just stink and I can't doge worth crap. Seriously...I must be one of the worst Sonic gamplayers out there. I have yet to beat Sonic The Hedgehog 2. T_T I always die on the last boss. I am that pitiful. SO I have not choice but to shoot most of the time.

It was a commercial success? That would explain why in the back of my head I remember seeing it with the "Greatest Hits" title on it and me going "What the hell.....".

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

That messes up your time and is hard as hell too do without getting hit. Homing attacks are not as powerful here and you end up having to hit a creature 2 to 4 times unless you have your gun. So it encourages you to use the gun. That or I just stink and I can't doge worth crap. Seriously...I must be one of the worst Sonic gamplayers out there. I have yet to beat Sonic The Hedgehog 2. T_T I always die on the last boss. I am that pitiful. SO I have not choice but to shoot most of the time.

It was a commercial success? That would explain why in the back of my head I remember seeing it with the "Greatest Hits" title on it and me going "What the hell.....".

Nuu... I just ran away when I took too many hits. And I mash 'X' on my PS2 controller. Real Hard >: . *SHOT*

Ok, no, seriously... I didn't die a lot O_o. I just used the Good and Evil Power-Ups now and then. My first run-through of the game had very little shooting... I didn't know how actually XD; .

I think it was a commercial success. It wasn't received well though. But, of course, if it's Sonic-Related... it sells well.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I know what you're talking about. Shadow sold better than Sonic Rush.
PS: Sonic Rush>>>>>>>>>Shadow

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I know what you're talking about. Shadow sold better than Sonic Rush.
PS: Sonic Rush>>>>>>>>>Shadow

That makes no sense.......Sonic Rush was so much better.....

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
There's also been a horrible drought of Zero Gravity News lately. T.T

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

There's also been a horrible drought of Zero Gravity News lately. T.T

I guess were pretty lucky to get all the news we are getting for NiGHTS then?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Yeaahhh.
:blink:

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Scenic Chavland, United Kindom. Just passed the Burned Cars...
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.
That had better be a Joke. That REALLY Had bette rbe a joke.
I realise im late for this (8 Days, inf act...) But lord, NO. Not a sequal to the TRAVESTY that was Sonic 06. Oh, what Horro- Uh, "GREAT Suprises" await us this time?

A new Princess whom Releases a Demon if she has to Take a Slash?

MOAR Hedgehog Angst from shadow?

Silver's entire Telekenetic Family making an Appearence?

ANOTHER END OF THE WORLD PLOT?!

New EGGMAN Designing?!

A Minigame Based around Loading Times?

MORE Pointless 2 Dimensional Human charecters who add nothing but even more Pointless Missions?

A NEW FRIGGIN' HEDGEHOG CHARECTER NAMED "PLATINUM" WHO IS LIKE, THE STRONGEST GUY EVER!?!

Shadow Clones up the Wazoo?

Or, my personal favorite:

100% MOAR JASON GRIFITH SARCASM?!?!?!

Only time shall tell...
And i hope to a Higher Diety that Time is WRONG.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
This depresses me somewhat...
Not that there's a new Sonic game being released, just the whole general aura surrounding it.

What on Earth happened to the Sonic fanbase?
I mean honestly, wasn't it the Mario fans who had the reputation of complaining? (with good right, because they've only had 3 ACTUAL Mario platform games in 11 years)

Fair enough. I do think they should be reusing old characters rather than inventing a tonne of new ones....and fair enough, I haven't played any new gen games.
The last game which didn't do it was still slaughtered, (Okay, there was E-123, but lets face it, that was just a rehash of E-102) namely Sonic Heroes, which I've said before- and will adamantly say again- I liked Sonic Heroes.
It was a bit irritating, because the controls of switching characters did take a bit getting used to, but there wasn't a lot of cutscenes, there wasn't a huge melodramatic heavy storyline. Therefore, to me it felt more Sonic-like....much moreso than Sonic Adventure 2. No rubbish restrictive robots and honest-to-goodness Special Stages!

Why complain about Eggman not being called Robotnik? XD
I've never ever understood why people get all riled up by this, for two main reasons.
1. Japan INVENTED him, they can call him whatever the hell they want, even Suzanne....and they'd be in the right.
2. An Eggman by any other name, would smell just as eggy. (And still be the egg obsessed, robot-crazed, wannabe dictator he always is and always will be)
He's still Robotnik, you can call him Robotnik and people will know what you're talking about...just calm down and don't give youself a heart attack over such a small detail.

I do dislike Shadow personally, because he is the ultimate cliche anti-hero, I suppose one had to exist some time and I've grown to acknowledge him as at least a credible character.
Although, he is cliche'd to the highest degree of tomato plants. Not only is his whole sacrifical death departure, cloning return, the most cliche'd thing in existence....but his WHOLE creation- the reason why he exists was an anti-hero for SA2, just so SoA had an excuse to do the "play as the heroes or the villains", which is again a HUGE cliche.
...and lets not get into the whole Deus Ex Machina feel to the entire game....Shadow is "coincidentally" a hedgehog with super speed powers and abilities over the Chaos Emeralds who just happens to show up at the exact same time Rouge appears and "coincidentally" has all the same abilities as Knuckles and has a "coincidental" jewel fetish. Meanwhile Tails "coincidentally" decides he is too lazy to fly nowadays and decides he'd rather pay a fortune in munitions and fuel for a machine which "coincidentally" matches the exact same style of Robotnik's machine......
Now I am aware, that in a world with a walking, talking super fast hedgehog and a flying fox, we can't really discuss what is believable in that world....but all those combined pieces really took a little something from the game.
(Didn't stop me from playing it enough to get the 180 emblems XD)

There have been a few points which have been stated/implied, which I do wholeheartedly agree with...these are:
-There shouldn't be any more human main characters, rescuing princesses is Mario's deal- not Sonic's...(You can't really say no humans entirely, and if you do, you can't say stop inventing different animals- you can say stop making the new animals main characters- otherwise, someone has to inhabit the planet, or else would would be the point in saving it.)
-Bring back the Chao.
-Everyone being allowed to do the same stages....with many different paths, so you have to use different characters to go different routes.
-No guns (except if Eggman is a playable character in his robots....but in 90% of situations, and much to the relief of everyone, he shouldn't be. After all, the best part about Eggman in SA2 was his theme tune XD)
-Bring back some pure speed stages...they are fun- most of the high speed stages in the 3D enviornment have been grinding....stuck on a rail but going very fast....doesn't that defeat the purpose?
-How come Big can get Cameo's in SA2, but no Mighty in Heroes, not even an extremely bad scripted line like "He's hiding from the guy from the old Dime bar adverts"

and so Purg doesn't feel all alone, that movie was pure class, can't say that Knuckles suited that hat, though

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.
I feel the need to Dignify my rather Moronic Post above.

I see a lot of people have different Opinion's here, some i don't agree with, and some i do. However, i think i might just pop in my 2 Cent's...

Sonic 06 is often Regarded as a Travesty, and i can see why. I understand people can Like it, but i have to know WHAT they like exactly? IMO, All i saw was a Game with Bad Control's, the most Idiotic and Downright Cliche' Storyline existence has to offer, A, frankly Pointless Hedgehog charecter, and Bad Acting. Oh, and of course,t he fabled Load times. The 2 thing's i can see people liking 06 for is the Music, and the Graphics, witch themselves are not THAT Amazing. But i won't deny they are good.

Sonic games have been In Decline, people often say, but think about this for a Minute... WHY would sega change everything we Know and loved? I can tell you- The newer Sonic Fandom. The Younger kid's EAT this stuff up like Choclate and Throw it back up for Round 2. Sega is acctualy TRYING to please the Younger audience, because, and this is just my personal veiw on it, i feel they're afraid the Younger Generation of Fan's will Hate what made sonic so great back then, whine at their Parent's, and their Parent's will sue. Sound'#s stupid, but if some guy can Sue Mc Donald's for making him Fat, then by george i cannot see why my explination is not Possible.

They're are SOME newer generation charecter's i acctualy DO Like. Marine isn't exactly Terrible. Blaze is Alright. Silver i want to like, but i have just had ENOUGH of hedgehog's now. But even regardless, i want it to go back to the good ol' day's. The day's before Sonic Adventure. Don't get me wrong, SA's 1 and 2 where Great in my book, and even Hero's was acceptable to a Point, but a lot of stuff after that just... No. Sega choose the idea of mixing Sonic with reality. Again, they did this for the younger Audience- To make it seem like Sonic was real (Come on, admit it- You Wished it when you where a Kid. We ALL wished it!) But it was the Surrealness of Sonic that Capturvated it's Beuty. Doing what Sega did with sonic come the next Generation would be like Setting Klonoa 3 (like they'll ever be one ¬.¬; ) in New York- It would just take all the Magic Away.

Another person Complained about the Voice acting. I have No Problem with the Charecter's speaking. Just find some Bloody Good Voice Actor's!

More importently, i prefere a LOT of the old designing on the Sonic Cast... Even those whom didn't go through many change's. About the only exception to this rule is Tails, as i like Both the Old and New. The worst offender to the newer design's is Amy. Come on, Knux-Dread's, Leather boot's and a Leather (At least i think... Im probebly wrong, though) Dress? And all in a Nice, borging shade of red? What a Great day in the office that must have been. And indeed... Im hoping a new Drawing style turn's up soon... SA Style is about as Freash as 6-Month old Bread.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

More importently, i prefere a LOT of the old designing on the Sonic Cast... Even those whom didn't go through many change's. About the only exception to this rule is Tails, as i like Both the Old and New. The worst offender to the newer design's is Amy. Come on, Knux-Dread's, Leather boot's and a Leather (At least i think... Im probebly wrong, though) Dress? And all in a Nice, borging shade of red? What a Great day in the office that must have been. And indeed... Im hoping a new Drawing style turn's up soon... SA Style is about as Freash as 6-Month old Bread.

I can see where you're coming from, relating to fishing to the younger generation, after all a lot of us are growing up a fair bit, and I did state I haven't played or seen much of the '06 game... but the one detail I do disagree with is quoted above.
Amy, in my opinion, has gotten better in design. Her quills from before Sonic Adventure just looked a tad rediculous to me with that hairband...and to be honest, I don't really think I can say anything about clothes, I have no fashion sense, and I don't see it as that big of a deal. Red however, is a universal Sonic colour, as far back as the Master System, every character has red in their design, if even in their shoes. Don't be hating on the red, its not its fault XD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
SA2:B is the only 3D Sonic game I like.

SaTSR...I got it with my Wii...Traded it to (a really stupid, wtf)friend for his DS AND Nintendogs. :|

Sega..Stop, ok? Just stop with Sonic for a while..No more 3D Sonics..PLEASE.

. . .

*headdesk*

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

I can see where you're coming from, relating to fishing to the younger generation, after all a lot of us are growing up a fair bit, and I did state I haven't played or seen much of the '06 game... but the one detail I do disagree with is quoted above.
Amy, in my opinion, has gotten better in design. Her quills from before Sonic Adventure just looked a tad rediculous to me with that hairband...and to be honest, I don't really think I can say anything about clothes, I have no fashion sense, and I don't see it as that big of a deal. Red however, is a universal Sonic colour, as far back as the Master System, every character has red in their design, if even in their shoes. Don't be hating on the red, its not its fault XD

I have to admit, that's purely PERSONAL Preference. I know about 89% Of people disagree with me, but hey, you can't please everyone. It's not the color i acctualy Hate, it's the fact that Amy is wearing nothing but it, causing her to, and i am not lying, acctualy HURT MY EYE's after playing Sonic Adventure for to long. Not sure why, but there you go. And of course, yeah, 'twas my fault for playing it so damn long! XP

Regardless, i do respect your Opinion. Just as long as you respect mine. Although i will admit- The headband was rather Silly... But that's about the only thing i didn't like. To me personaly, her Older design wa smuch more Charming... That, and the newer Amy's personality just about drive's me up the wall (More-So then her annoying scream's of Sonic, what, every Second?!). The reason why the Sonic Obbsession worked in the older day's was not only because she was Younger (giving it a Typical "Girl-Loves-Something" feeling), but back that is was a Silly Little crush on hjer Hero. Nowaday's it's just downright Creepy-Stalky-"Misery*" style Fandom that even in Reality grind's my Gear's.. Again, probebly Personal preference, but there you go.

Regardless of thse point's, it still doesn't make SA 1 and 2 a Bad game by Any standerd's. Heck, if a game series didn't have a Charecter that annoyed me, it wouldn't be a "Fandom" to me! XD

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I have to admit, that's purely PERSONAL Preference. I know about 89% Of people disagree with me, but hey, you can't please everyone. It's not the color i acctualy Hate, it's the fact that Amy is wearing nothing but it, causing her to, and i am not lying, acctualy HURT MY EYE's after playing Sonic Adventure for to long. Not sure why, but there you go. And of course, yeah, 'twas my fault for playing it so damn long! XP

Regardless, i do respect your Opinion. Just as long as you respect mine. Although i will admit- The headband was rather Silly... But that's about the only thing i didn't like. To me personaly, her Older design wa smuch more Charming... That, and the newer Amy's personality just about drive's me up the wall (More-So then her annoying scream's of Sonic, what, every Second?!). The reason why the Sonic Obbsession worked in the older day's was not only because she was Younger (giving it a Typical "Girl-Loves-Something" feeling), but back that is was a Silly Little crush on hjer Hero. Nowaday's it's just downright Creepy-Stalky-"Misery*" style Fandom that even in Reality grind's my Gear's.. Again, probebly Personal preference, but there you go.

Good points. Red on pink might not be the best combination. XD
Thankfully though, she doesn't get much screen time. XD

Regardless of thse point's, it still doesn't make SA 1 and 2 a Bad game by Any standerd's. Heck, if a game series didn't have a Charecter that annoyed me, it wouldn't be a "Fandom" to me! XD

I agree whole-heartedly ^^

I do hope that at the very least, it'll be down to Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, plus whatever else they want to give us...Although anything else is kinda surplus, I reckon, those three cover it pretty well. XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

What on Earth happened to the Sonic fanbase?
I mean honestly, wasn't it the Mario fans who had the reputation of complaining?

I love how you opened your post with that line, then proceeded to complain about nine different topics XD
Not trying to make fun or anything, just couldn't resist pointing it out XD

Sega is acctualy TRYING to please the Younger audience, because, and this is just my personal veiw on it, i feel they're afraid the Younger Generation of Fan's will Hate what made sonic so great back then, whine at their Parent's, and their Parent's will sue.

So, they replaced a cartoony main villain and cute robots with a realistic, bald man and an army of mechs, (Sonic '06 spoiler ->)
Spoiler
and Shadow is now running around with various rifles and pistols... as an attempt to tap into a younger audience? No wonder their sales are crashing! XD I've gotten the feeling that a lot of the more recent games have attempted to keep Sonic's game in line with older audiences, personally.

Sonic 06 is often Regarded as a Travesty, and i can see why. I understand people can Like it, but i have to know WHAT they like exactly?

I gave my various reasons for liking it back on the first page... I'll just stick em back in here.
Okay, I'm going to go out and risk my rep as a Sonic fan here, but, I liked Sonic the Hedgehog on the 360. I really did enjoy most of it, however, it did have some fairly major flaws.
1) It was impossible to any of the sections where you ran on walls... controlls always freaked out.
2) The super fast running behind Sonic parts could have been the best parts of the game, but were ruined by your inability to control your jumps in the air. This bug basically made them unplayable.
3) The loading times. Oh GOD the loading times.
4) Story was a bit ridiculous.
5) ALL the Tails/Knuckles/Rouge/etc parts sucked majorly.

Aside from these flaws, which are basically completely exclusive to Sonic's story, except for the last one obviously, it played fine. Shadow and Silvers parts were completely enjoyable to me, and I hate both of those characters.
If the game had been given 6 monthes more to play test and fix the above bugs (and remove the side characters XD), it would have been fine, and I'd reckon the majority of people would have liked it.
The game was lovely on the eyes, there were a lot of extremely fast parts, the level design was remarkably good in most places and it had a decent difficulty... it as just those friggin glitches with Sonic's sections...

All in all, if they do make a sequel along the same lines as this one, while fixing the bugs, Sai'll be pretty happy.
Reinclusion of a Chao garden would be lovely too... XD

As for Amy, I agree with the Red/Pink being a little overbearing. Hadn't noticed it before actually XD I do much prefer her new design to that of Sonic CD though.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I love how you opened your post with that line, then proceeded to complain about nine different topics XD
Not trying to make fun or anything, just couldn't resist pointing it out XD

XD

I see what you mean, my bad. Though in my defense, I was complaining against people complaining, Either agreeing or disagreeing with previous posters.
Plus, if it makes a difference- I was a tad sacriligious in the video games department when I was younger- in the sense that I was a fan of BOTH Sonic and Mario.

But still, yes, guilty as charged. I hope that makes it clear on how irritated the topic made me feel, that I felt the need to post, complain and contradict myself all at the same time. XD

Central Dogma

Central Dogma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I personally think that they should call most of the sonic games after sonic 3 & knuckles non-canon.

They should just try making a 2D sonic game on a console.
They of course would be breaking the rule of console games (99% of all games must be 3D no matter what. Unless there on a hand held, or else, no money will be made because people buy into 3D or at least that's what the belief is from many developers... :lol: ) I just want some darn side-scrolling games. They could also go with a 2.5D method, that is if they really want to.

I want to see some original level designs. maybe, bring back checkered bored crazy psychedelic levels of awesomeness. However, they won't even try because there so afraid of what might happen for the new fan base. They should try art styles of different types do different things and do things before there forced to eventually do them (which from what I have seen won't happen.) I guess you won't know tell ya try, no?

I like introducing characters but not how they do it. Keep sonic, and Tails as the adventurers. Keep Knuckles as the guardian of the Chaos Emeralds who sometimes makes appearances. Add new people as bad guys to halter there adventures.

Keep Shadow dead, at least if you're gonna bring him back do it in a more proper way instead of inserting plot elements that were obviously not there. Kind of like how Wesker from Resident Evil came back to life. I just doupt that was the original story there.

Bring back awesome flashy title screens and let us play as at least Sonic and maybe tails.

I guess in the end I want the series to go back to it's roots instead of transitioning to 3D 8 directional movements of exploration. Because, in the end not that many games stood at there roots. Some just died off completely so that developers can focus making realistic games with guns and boring shooting levels. Others turned there series into mini game collections ( I miss old Rayman...)

NeTTOSAiTO

NeTTOSAiTO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
well the DC games pwned! the other games were just ok. Maybe if they do it right it will be good. MAN they should have never shut down Sonic Team of America..... then again they did get ticked off at us for crushing there forums......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users