Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
That's Somni's job. I'm just about to paralyze NiGHTS before he tears him to shreads.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
I'm thinking along the lines of sending us to a rainforest, that is if we're headed to the place where the staff is, if not, Somni might have to figure out something.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
No, I already have the place where the Staff is.
Although, I can see a Rainforest being put in near the end, near the Transition. XD I'm imagining warped, twisting trees, and vines that come down from the sky. Giant Snake and Gorilla-Maren roaming around... I'm gonna have fun with that. XD
Yeah, I can imagine it, but my art skills can't do justice to it. XD The ongoing struggle between me and pencil. XD

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I was thinking we come to a huge temple similar to the one found in sonic adventure, and we don't have to draw it, just dream it, and describe it!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
A huge temple inside the rainforest area, or someplace else?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Rainforest.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Ah.
I'm afraid the first thing that comes to mind with 'Temple-in-a-rainforest' is Indiana Jones running from that bloody boulder. XD I may use that, actually, and have Frosty say "Where does that actually HAPPEN?!"

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Or make some Maren temple guards made of stone instead of the big boulder.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Eh... Temple in the Rainforest with Living statues... Both of them, boulder or no, are on the Path of the Cliché. Now, we could split them into two areas, sorta. Not just breeze through the Jungle like I'm getting the feeling is what we're gonna do, but have them like an area within an area.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Wow, you're quick with thinking about surroundings, I like it though!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Environments, I'm good with. Plots take a bit longer, when I have to pull specifics out of my a**. XD I'm good once I start typing, but if I'm not in front of a keyboard, I draw a big old blank. XD

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Well, I think I can do that...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I'm alive, don't worry, just having a bit of a creative block right now. ==;

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
We know, and don't worry about it.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Sorry for not posting anything... AT ALL... in the RP. Things have been a bit crazy since my birthday was coming and has since passed. Now, after beating Bowzer's giant a** in Galaxy, and out-speeding the Babylon Rouges in Zero Gravity, I think it's WAY past time we get this RP rolling again! Naturally, I'm strapped for ideas, but I suppose I should work with what I have. To the rainforest!

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Let's go!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
At this point, Frosty's just probing NiGHTS for soft spots, demonstrated by the 'I will call that a result' bit. He wants to poke and probe at his mind, find out what makes him tick, and see what use he will be, aside from leading him to Selph. Clearly, if he deems NiGHTS of any real worth in the future, iNSOMNi ain't gonna be able to lay a claw on him. And THAT could get interesting.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Amen...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I kinda want to make Somni snap, but I think I'll wait...We outta find a way to get him and NiGHTS alone or something. xD

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Remember, Deraj says that Somni can't hurt NiGHTS...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I knoooow. xD Just want Somni to get /close/ to hurting NiGHTS...Maybe. I tend to like playing 'zomgkillu' Somni. ^^;

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
XD We all like to play the evil, crazed, twisted side of our characters. I LOVE it, more than I should. XD However, this plot is a bit more confined in that area, unfortunately. Not really many areas for plot twists, which I LOVE typing. XD Yes, this RP is a bit more confined than it should be. XD Why is it that I LOVE the open-ended stuff, but I can never CREATE open-ended stuff?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
What do you mean by "Open Ended"?

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
RPs where most anything can happen while you're working your way to a goal.
Basically, you start on one side of the planet, go through a bunch of un-planned stuff, meeting various roadblocks, before finally getting to the other side where the item you're trying to get at is. The 'Open-ended' part of that is the 'un-planned stuff' where literally anything can happen. However, I like to plan the h*ll outta stuff, tying up every loose end I see.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Well, luckily, you're posting with the best at posting before thinking!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
XD In this RP, true, but if you head off to a friend of mine's forum, I posted in an RP THERE, which, although it was a great plot twist, I didn't think, and some very tiny, but very important details where overlooked. XD I'm going to have to explain them away the simplest way I know how. 'We're not in our own reality.' Chuck a few more sh*t explanations on top of that pile, and everything is fixed, but still, I should have thought it out more.
Of course, then a genius plot twist would have gone straight down the drain. XD Yes, I must make excuses for myself.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I'm just good at not planning anything before making a twist.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
The XP died yesterday without notice, and we're having someone recover the data.
Never fear, though, because today we bought a Vista (with a DVD drive, among other things) and it'll only take a week for us to get back rolling at full force, data-wise. RP-wise, only a minor blow. I gotta get used to this new, flat keyboard, but other than that, I'm good to go.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Oh boy...

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Vista?! D: You poor thing..

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Wat up wit dat?!?

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Why does everyone hate Vista so much? Sure, I mean, if you have a CHOICE of getting it (If you have that sort of money) you'd probably just upgrade your old comp, but it's not that horrible. THe permissions thing is a bit overstated in that Mac commercial (a bit), but if it's Vista or nothing, I'd take Vista. Besides, the DVD drive makes it a h*lluva lot easier to find Easter Eggs in DVDs. XD

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I meant with the fact that you'll probably not be on, trying to get it to work.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
What are you talking about? It works fine. Haven't had any trouble with it, except with getting it to set itself up to begin with. But after that, it's been smooth sailing.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I figured it would take longer than that to transfer files

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Ah, well, that's the thing. We haven't gotten our files back from the recovery place yet. Give me a few more days. XD
However, most of our programs where up-to-date and Vista-Compatible, and only need to be re-downloaded, which I'm saving for the next trip to the library, seeing as we still have dialup. Thank God for CD-RW's.

BTW, on the topic of the RP, I'm not really planning on posting a whole list of stuff, so you guys can go ahead and start getting ingredients. Anything you can think of, so long as it's a plant, or it's weird and supposed to be good for you. (Little crushed bugs, toasted newt, etc.)

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Amen!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Hey, iNSOMNi! Why haven't you been posting? I've been (sort of) waiting for you to make a post before we go into the temple. THat's where things are going to get interesting, after all.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Well, we haven't exactly opened up a portal for Somni to make a move. If you don't mind Deraj, I'm going to voice the Jesters.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
XD I guess you're right. But I really am waiting for iNSOMNi to go into the temple first.

On the topic of the Jesters: No problem. I knew I shouldn't have, but since you left them to Luna's orders, I thought I could squeeze by. XD Just barely.

BTW: THese aren't like the little hive wasps like in JoD. These are huge Level-Threes with NEARLY Level-Two strength, and, in a high enough number, (It's a HIVE, so most likely, that number will be surpassed by the thousands) they could take NiGHTS down.
The Queen is about the size of Queen Bella, but EXTREMELY mobile. Not slow, like you'd think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users