Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1UP JoD news all week! :)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Anyone else notice the eggs and the random pian in 'Funland'? X333

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
It's 1:57 P.M.

Do you know where your Tuesday update is?

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
What do you mean? We're watching it.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
He doesn't know that the videos were put up because the article doesn't say so. *goes to figure out again how she found the vids*

EDIT: Okay, go to the home page, and under videos click on the picture of the clown-ball guy (Donbalo). Watch that video, then either click on one of the ones they show afterwards or type 'NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams' in the search bar located to the left (this last thing you can do as you watch without interrupting the Donbalo vid).

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

He doesn't know that the videos were put up because the article doesn't say so. *goes to figure out again how she found the vids*

EDIT: Okay, go to the home page, and under videos click on the picture of the clown-ball guy (Donbalo). Watch that video, then either click on one of the ones they show afterwards or type 'NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams' in the search bar located to the left (this last thing you can do as you watch without interrupting the Donbalo vid).

Thank you so much. It was beautiful especially the ending music. I like the way they change up the sound :blink:

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
You're most welcome. *gets happy tingles all over that're associated with helping someone else* X333

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just downloaded the water level video and watched it. Now downloading Girania. Actually, while that's downloading i'm going to make dinner.

Quick question...is his name Donbalo ...or Donbalon?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
His name is most certainly Donbalo, unless that's a typo. ^-^

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
*Rants because none of the vids will load on his crappy laptop* AAAAAARGH!!!!! I wanna see what you guys are seeing! Needs to hear the musiiiiiiic!!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
See, i'm thinking that's a typo because i thought he was named as being Donbalon over a month ago? o.O

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
the music, man... just... THE MUSIC... god...

now im gonna be whistling those all day...

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
OwO HOLY CRAB CLAWS!!!!! The Gameplay is beyond AWESOME!!!!!

The 'Island' and 'Waterworld' stages are Shiny Good! And I'm glad to finally see a little in game footage of Helen. Weeeee! Furthermore, the 'Funland' Desert place is Awesome! Seeing NiGHTS as a rollercoaster made my day!!! I want a ride!! ^w^
Did anyone notice that pose NiGHTS did just before William fused with him? I also noticed the 2 eggs when Helen was climbing the chain.

About the 2 Bosses!! Donbalon still looks very creepy and his theme music is kinda strange, but he's still very Cool!! Girania, OMG the stage design looks really awesome, and I love it's theme music, LOVE IT!!! You can hear NiGHTS voice when he gets hit!!! I just love it aaaall!!!

I think......I'm gonna go watch the videos some more! ^w^ (sorry if my sentences are all over the place my brain is scrambling right now)

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

See, i'm thinking that's a typo because i thought he was named as being Donbalon over a month ago? o.O

Its definately a typo. In the Donbalon video, Reala Owl says his name, and its Donbalon.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Yeah, it's Donbalon. With an N at the end.

Someone should compile these videos into one big video and put it on YouTube. If only I knew how to do that.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I can do it! ^_^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm on the verge of happy tears after watching all of them. F'reals

http://www.1up.com/d...ure?cId=3164111

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Yeah, it's Donbalon. With an N at the end.

Someone should compile these videos into one big video and put it on YouTube. If only I knew how to do that.

I would, but as of now I'm downloading super big bmp.'s of the 2player mode from the SEGA FTP, fuckign 10Mb a piece, and theres 21 of them.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

I'm on the verge of happy tears after watching all of them. F'reals

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3164111

I'm loving the sketches of NiGHTS' different facial expressions! ^_^

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
:blink: Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE (^_^ Go Dreamer @ Nov 6 2007, 02:35 PM)
I can do it! ^_^[/quote]
Do it. For great justice.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Posted Image

Ideya ! No idea what their purpose is in 2 Player, or why they're different colours. The bottom one is for the person who is not in the lead and losing.

Also..

Those NiGHTS sketches..

f*!*ing YUMMY.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
The Island level music is so cute :blink:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Whoever is playing against Girania in that clip needs a quick slap to the face.

Anyways, on to the next one. *downalods*

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Do it. For great justice.

I'm in the process right now!! ^_^

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted Image

Ideya ! No idea what their purpose is in 2 Player, or why they're different colours. The bottom one is for the person who is not in the lead and losing.

Also..

Those NiGHTS sketches..

f*!*ing YUMMY.

Sketches = Win. NiGHTS is so cute when he's angry! X3

Also, Jof...Do I see more than 5 Ideya colors?! 8D

EDiT: Wait..Where did you get those? o.O

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Bloody Dialup. Can't see a thing! *Grins* Can't wait to use the library computers. I'm going tommorow (I think), and I'll bring my CD-RWs. Vengance (And every last NiGHTS video/audio clip on that site) will be MIIIINE!! *Twitchy, deranged look*

Frostbite: Sedate him. NOW.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
So is that the real name of the levels or what?

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
The videos look great! I love that we can actually hear the music and SFX this time :D Looks like they're still having a couple framerate issues, though. I hope they can iron those out in time...

Man, even though it's looking good, I still wish they would delay it. JOD is going to get stomped all over by Mario Galaxy ._.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Well this sucks. I can't actually look at this information until its at least 7 and the net is running better. Too many people using the server right now at my school....arg dorms suck! *Goes to try and watch videos anyway...*

Well I have seen the sketches though. It seems to show once again that NiGHTS does not have fangs. Why do people keep saying otherwise? Concept art of old NiGHTS had fangs, that is true. But he doesn't now. Ah well...

Ok the music you can listen to on the page is a lot slower than what we first heard from another site. I wonder why that is...or is my computer just wigging out?

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Island level music in MP3 form. Loop to your heart's content!

I am so glad the soundtrack is turning out so well. The gameplay is looking great, albeit a little too easy still.

Why do they always have some incompetent oaf at the controls when they record this stuff? Paralooping thin air and completely missing everything. Damn them all to hell! >8(

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
hmmm...

it really feels like they shortened Donbalon's level...

maybe its just me...

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

hmmm...

it really feels like they shortened Donbalon's level...

maybe its just me...

They definately did. Compared to the first videos at least, where it was almost twice the size. Maybye some form of Difficulty level change ?

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
i certainly hope it is a different difficulty level... one that you can change...

i don't really enjoy easy boss battles like that...

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
So, it seems that French site that said it had the music during E3 was right. Good stuff.

Not too pleased about the framerate mind, there's no excuse for it being so bad.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Prettiest game I ever saw. Its like sex for your eyesballs to enjoy. My eyeses are very happy, indeed :D
Mer? Did I just hear NiGHTS say "take that b!tch!" after paralooping them fish bubbles?...Oh..He said "gotcha!".

^w^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

So, it seems that French site that said it had the music during E3 was right. Good stuff.

Not too pleased about the framerate mind, there's no excuse for it being so bad.

Yeah I noticed that too, but its a lot slower. Is that because of framrate, or did the French site accidently speed up the music too much?

I don't notice the framrate problem...is it supposed to be faster? It looks smooth to me...but then again my power of observation stinks beyond all belief.

Am I the only one thinking they have some camera issues here. I noticed a few times in the fish battle (I can't ever remember how to spell the name) that the boss gets way too close and everything is hard to see. I also noticed a few times where Donbalon went a bit too far off screen and was hard to find as well. Maybe its just me. I need to view the videos more....

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! >:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?
Oh dear. I just noticed that I've been infront of this pc for over an hour and I STILL haven't seen ONE movie from the start to the end.

:D Go Dreamer... WHERE ARE YOU ?! I need that Youtube movie. @.<

And btw, I don't care what the fanbase says, I'm with Reala5481. That Reala SCARES me.

Damn black creepy lips of doom. @.@

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I've noticed now, it seems pretty clear, NiGHTS says "Watch it!" when you get hit. Indeed.

Or "Ouch!"

hmm..

In Girania's vid it's clearer.. "Watch it!"

I just realized, the green rings.. are they there to replenish your dash mid-battle? Well that makes things rather easy..

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Those videos sure took their times... Anyway, LOVE the music and heeee, NiGHTS the roller coaster!

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Oh dear. I just noticed that I've been infront of this pc for over an hour and I STILL haven't seen ONE movie from the start to the end.

^_^ Go Dreamer... WHERE ARE YOU ?! I need that Youtube movie. @.<

And btw, I don't care what the fanbase says, I'm with Reala5481. That Reala SCARES me.

Damn black creepy lips of doom. @.@

I'm uploading it to youtube now! ^_^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
The videos are all choppy. >:D WORK DARN IT! *Slaps Computer*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users