Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1UP JoD news all week! :)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*started reading the article* O____O' ..... NiGHTS... and Reala... playing... hot potato?!!! ..... XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Those 'my dream' screens aren't just bad, they're downright embarrassing o_o It's like a time warp back to 1997.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

*started reading the article* O____O' ..... NiGHTS... and Reala... playing... hot potato?!!! ..... XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I know!!! ^.^ I said the exact same thing when I was reading the preview! And "The Mareballon" EXPLODES!!! ^w^ I'm really looking foward to playing that!!!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I've enjoyed waking up to smashbros.com this last while, but NOW! Now my week is going to RAWK. OUT. LOUD. 8D

I'm still optimistic about the graphics - partially due to running on mad fan-hype, sure. XD But the article did mention that it's possible to collect "Nightmaren" and send them to "My Dream"!

If that doesn't scream Mepian, I dunno what does! :3

*snickers* Oh Reala, you're such a pretty pretty.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

Is drooling at the mouth allowed on these forums?

*btw after reading many posts on that NeoGaf site I must say that soo many people in these days crave awesome amazing graphics that they look down on games with inferior graphics compared to systems that are able to achieve 1080p.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^

I must say that soo many people in these days crave awesome amazing graphics that they look down on games with inferior graphics compared to systems that are able to achieve 1080p.

*sigh* Such is the curse of Next-Gen consoles.... Everyone starts thinking "Graphics make the game good!" and get drawn in by crappy remakes of games that weren't great to begin with. (i.e. War Games like SOCOM and the like) When will people start realizing that a game can have fantastic graphics, but still be complete GARBAGE?

NiGHTS on the other hand... *GLEEEEEEE* :3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i guess Kichi does know more about this kinda stuff more than i do so, Kich', i really hope you're right. Because if Sega does release the game with the Pian Garden looking as bad as that then they might as well just put paper bags over their heads when they leave the office the day after JoD release.

It really is embarrasing if that's the final version of the garden.
I know it doesn't take graphics to make a game be good but the main levels are looking lovely. I don't think they should cut-short on the Pian Garden if that is what they're doing. We have known about the Pian Garden idea since we heard about the game back last November. Why has it taken them this long to work on it?

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Hmm.... remember part 2 / 5 comes out today 8DD!

Anyway, hmm... as for myself, I'm a tad bit disappointed that 'My Dream' isn't entirely polished yet, but, hey, it wasn't done for the longest time. I'm positive they're spending the next month and 1/2 polishing things. It looks like MOST things are done, anyway. Just polishing is needed :3;;; . I'm happy that the game looks pretty good right now, but to me it looks like they're still going to spend time polishing things. NeoGAF seems to just have fun picking on things that aren't Bioshock >: . I honestly think JoD is going to become a sleeper hit... it's getting a good amount of Coverage, but no one is dedicating moar than TWO PAGES in most magazines (*coughcough* GI *COUGHCOUGH*). It's still not 100% well known to most people... just fans and dedicated gamers. Not entirely 'main-stream', and it seems most previewers like to pick on it to some degree >: , probably because it's not some high-end game that when NiGHTS gets hurt you can count HOW MUCH BLOOD SPEWS FROM HIS MOUTH.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
When will 1UP update aaaalready?! Today's update is suppose to be exclusive gameplay footage. Once people see how awesome the main game is, places such as NeoGAF will no longer dismiss the game. I just hope the gameplay footage will put more emphasis on NiGHTS rather than the ground parts.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

When will 1UP update aaaalready?! Today's update is suppose to be exclusive gameplay footage.

I know!!! I was up all night waiting for 1UP to update and they still haven't yet!! *yawns*....... Huuuurry uuuuuup!! I wanna see exclusive footage!! NOW!! T_T

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

*sigh* Such is the curse of Next-Gen consoles.... Everyone starts thinking "Graphics make the game good!" and get drawn in by crappy remakes of games that weren't great to begin with. (i.e. War Games like SOCOM and the like) When will people start realizing that a game can have fantastic graphics, but still be complete GARBAGE?

NiGHTS on the other hand... *GLEEEEEEE* :3

I'm personally one of those graphics-monsters (I know this because I play computer games and have drifted quite far away from Runescape), but I have seen online games that have good graphics but are just so bad (EXTREMELY LITTLE character customization in SilkRoad; that's just one thing that annoys me to no end) that I find they're not worth playing.

The main game's shaping up to be beautiful so far, despite the 'sub-par' rendering (gawd, it looks beautiful without million-pixel resolution; only thing bothering me too much quality-wise is the square ends of NiGHTS's fingers, and that's only bothering me slightly too much).

Maybe they're only releasing screens of the testing-style Pian garden; they might've finished sprucing it up and decided 'meh, let's save the better graphics as a surprise' or 'we don't have time to run around taking screens of the new stuff because, though we're farther along than we're showing, we're not quite finished smoothing everything out, so if we did show how far we are it'd be low-quality items set against a high-quality background or vice-versa'. ..... Those're probably rather stupid theories, but one can hope... ^^'

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Do you really need super awesome graphics in My Dream? The main feature of it is the 'pians and how they develop. I see it as more of a mini-game and I'd rather they spent all their resources on the main part than one that only requires a simple world.

You have to consider how many 'pians are going to be there at one time as well, I doubt it's limited to just 5 or so like the chao garden in Sonic Adventure. With 20 of them running around with all the furniture they bring in, not to mention the ground shape becoming more and more complex, it's going to be using a lot of hardware and the frame rate will drop if it's too detailed.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
That was a theory I had last night, but I forgot it until you said it, and it makes much more sense than the theories I presented. ^^' Thank ya, Doctor Zhao.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
Here's hoping that we don't get footage with people walking infront of and blaring loudly so we can't hear/see the wonderful music!

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Do you really need super awesome graphics in My Dream? The main feature of it is the 'pians and how they develop. I see it as more of a mini-game and I'd rather they spent all their resources on the main part than one that only requires a simple world.

You have to consider how many 'pians are going to be there at one time as well, I doubt it's limited to just 5 or so like the chao garden in Sonic Adventure. With 20 of them running around with all the furniture they bring in, not to mention the ground shape becoming more and more complex, it's going to be using a lot of hardware and the frame rate will drop if it's too detailed.

You have a point, but I still am gonna disagree. It looks absolutely horrid, and while I like chao-raising and presumably pian-raising as well, if the garden looks like THAT I will stay as far away from it as possible, and it will give the game a bad name. I REALLY hope that's not the final version. It really does look like crap. If they can make it as nice as the main game, it's the least they can do, honestly >:( It's just lazy and shoddy right now!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

Now what about that update 1UP?

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

I want it too. TTwTT I'm so happy that NiGHTS is finally getting some good attention.

Pians look funky to me. D:

Textures are waaaaaaay too low-res.

NeoGAF is like the 4chan of the gaming world, it needs to go down in flames. Sparkly NiGHTS-ish flames. I say we bomb them. ._.

(Psst, NeoFAGs: It's NiGHTS, not n-i-g-h-t-s. doingitwrongGTFO.)

PS: Reala has LIPSTICK. :( omgyay

That's enough of the homophobic remarks thanks. Just saying, some people find that offensive.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Ever think that maybe the 'shots are from a beta version of them game? So that we'll be surprised when we play the full version? ==' Yes, the textures are /very/ low-res, etc, etc...But try to stay positive people. Be happy that we're getting /anything/ after 11 years.

EDiT: @DreamWeaver Just giving them a taste of their own medicine. o.O I'm bisexual with plenty of gay friends I /know/ it's offensive. ._.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

That's enough of the homophobic remarks thanks. Just saying, some people find that offensive.

iNSOMNiAC's got a point though. However 4chan(although very NSFW)is where some of the funny internet stuff happens so I don't hate it 100%. NeoGaf, the only person there I actually respect is Segata Sanshiro.

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.

Those pian pictures looks like testing grounds.

and...

Posted Image

Pink nails? Reala gets manicures. :(

Pink...Nails...? Black...Lipstick...? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! MY WORST NIGHTMARE'S COMING TRUE! IT CAN'T BE!!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Pink...Nails...? Black...Lipstick...? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! MY WORST NIGHTMARE'S COMING TRUE! IT CAN'T BE!!

D: It's hawt and you know it! NiGHTS secretly does Reala's nails for him. >.>

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Indeed Very!!^w^

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.

:( *Screams in utter horror* I'M HAVING A HORRIFYING NIGHTMARE!! SOMEONE WAKE ME UP RIGHT NOW!!!

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

:blink: *Screams in utter horror* I'M HAVING A HORRIFYING NIGHTMARE!! SOMEONE WAKE ME UP RIGHT NOW!!!

Aaaaw.....I like Reala's detailed lipstick and nails!! It makes him look even MORE smexy!! ^w^

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

:blink: *Screams in utter horror* I'M HAVING A HORRIFYING NIGHTMARE!! SOMEONE WAKE ME UP RIGHT NOW!!!

Oh calm down. You knew about the pink-ish nail already, right. Didn't you notice when you made that pic your ID? And Reala always had black lipstick or whatever on. They just made it a lil more detailed this time <3

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
You know what my horrifying nightmare is? The fact that 1UP hasn't updated yet. They better have something big in store if they're going to take this long. I'm super serial.

EDIT: Good graceful lord, 1UP actually did update! There's five new videos at the main page! Go there NOW!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

You know what my horrifying nightmare is? The fact that 1UP hasn't updated yet. They better have something big in store if they're going to take this long. I'm super serial.

EDIT: Good graceful lord, 1UP actually did update! There's five new videos at the main page! Go there NOW!

*watches vids* @@

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
oh frick,..

*watches*

Finally, clear gameplay with music!!

Heh, Pure Valley really is essentially Spring Valley 2.0 in every way, 'cept that it's Will stage, not Helen's

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! *is watching vids*

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh gosh!!! *watches*..............OwO

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

What? Reala's always had his face-paint... O.o' *goes to watch the vids, too*

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
"Dream of Desert", "Funland", whatever it's called..I love it. The stage is interesting. I LOVE THE MUSIC. And best of all. . .

ROLLER COASTER NiGHTS. HELL YEAH.

\o/ Whoo!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I just got done watching all the videos. I can safely say the game is looking great and the music is very pleasant as well. The music score really does retain that Saturn "spunk" to it, all thanks to the talent of Naofumi Hataya. The music sounds like a mixture between the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack and Kirby music, giving it an overall "NiGHTS" feel to it.

I hope everyone sees these videos, especially NeoGAF. Now the game can get the praise and anticipation it long deserved.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, in true bullshit fashion, our computer can't play the clips for some reason...so we're having to download each of those clips to actually watch them. And one download is going to take 30 minutes. And something tells me that they might not even play once downloaded because this computer is doing it's very best to piss me off today.

....i'm guessing it's pretty much what we've already seen but without some idiots head in the way, right?

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Pretty much, but you can hear the music this time. Seriously, have we ever gotten proper gameplay footage before these videos with music and the HUD and without people's heads in the way? This is what we've been waiting for. Actual, on-screen gameplay footage. Plus there are some minor new things such as the dialogue among other things. I'm going to watch the videos again to see if there's anything else new.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Dialogue? Hmm. Alright then, i'll wait for the downloads. *sigh* Gonna be a long night for us over here. :/

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Dialogue? Hmm. Alright then, i'll wait for the downloads. *sigh* Gonna be a long night for us over here. :/

Heres the first one :

The nightmaren that resembles a Seahorse is called a Seapo. Watch out for the iron balls that it spits out !

There is one NiGHTS capture left to go. Keep at it !

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
It's only things the owl says. You can hear a little bit of NiGHTS' voice when he gets hit though.

The canyon stage footage is somewhat new though. It's about two minutes long and you can even see the water rising when NiGHTS touches a monitor.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Also, in-game confirmation of the names Donbalon and Girania.

And the music !

The level music is a bit... different to what I was expecting, a bit too funky, but still good.

Boss music is great ! And the Boss completion tune is intact !

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
...whoa. Girania is badass. 8D

I must say that between the embarrassing pian garden screenshots, and the 2-player mode hot potato thing (wtf?), I was actually starting to lose faith in this game. :blink:
Thanks to these gameplay vids however, my hopes have been restored and then some. <3

As long as I keep reminding myself that Wizeman probably forced Reala to wear that outfit as some form of cruel and unusual punishment, I have every reason to believe that this game will turn out beautifully <: D

Hope your computer gets its act together, DiGi. XD;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users