Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rock Band

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Just wondering if anyone else on here's as hyped-up as I am for the release of Rock Band two weeks from now. I just got back from playing the demo at Best Buy with some friends for three hours straight and I must say that it's probably the best rhythm game I've played to date. It all comes together nicely and that drum kit is sick. Definitely one I'm going to be picking up on launch day for the 360.

So is anyone else going to be getting it?

And does anyone want a kickass drummer for their band or want to join mine? :D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
No to pretty much everything asked. I'm a little upset that the Guitar Hero style games are being milked dry so soon. Do you realize that essentially four Guitar Heroes have been released in less than a year? To me that's too much too soon.

I'm especially avoiding Rock Band. Unless a bunch of friends/family are pitching in, one guy basically enjoys the game for almost $200 while two others get to enjoy it for free. I don't see my friends often enough to justify the purchase either way.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the games. It's just that Guitar Hero 2 really gave me my fill for some time to come and I don't plan on giving Harmonix or whoever my money again until they get "Master of Puppets" on that song list somewhere.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
200 Bucks?!? I could probably buy a used Wii with 200 bucks! Besides my room is so small I wouldnt have the space.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I'm living in house with six other gamers and we all share our crap, so I don't mind shelling out the money in the knowledge that I'm getting the use of their PS3's, Wii's and massive game libraries... Sai's definatly getting the full package when it arrives in Ireland.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
GH III all the way for this internet person.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
I will probably be getting the full bundle since I am a huge fan of Drummania and the like (as TRAViS well knows). I figure this'll let me just choose what part I want to play, regardless of if my friends are there or not. Then again... I should probably be saving my money...

I guess I'm still on the fence about it.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
God dammit I wanna play some of those Drum machines... crappy aul Ireland arcades get shitall aside from a DDR/ITG or EZ2Dancer machine every now and then... Curse this digitally retarded country! >_<

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I want it, but, JESUS HARMONIX, who's going to pay $200 for that? Most Guitar Hero fans probably DON'T have someone to play 2-Player with... let alone 4-Player!

Still... it does sound like fun once it inevitably drops down to $50 for the whole thing >: . Along with the 'Download Hit Albums' feature. They already got the Nirvana Album 'Nevermind' up there. I'd bet ONE OF MAH EYEBALLZ that they're going to put a bit of Rolling Stones, a good amount of Black Sabbath, and lots and lots of modern Hard Rock up thar. One album from every artist they've had in GH sounds good. I wanna rock to moar David Bowie 8DDD! XD; .

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
ROCK BAND!!! I'M SO HYPED BECAUSE YOU CAN BUY THE NIRVANA ALBUM NEVERMIND!!! "Sorry no more CAPS".

Anyways, I could always be a good Guitarist and (EHH) Vocalest? (I Nearly spent 2 weeks trying to get Jordan on Guitar Hero II Expert 5 stars 95%)

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
$200 for a game that requires 2 people if you want to do career mode? I'll pass.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!
It's $150 bundle (if you look around that is =P). Also, I WOULD be playing it, but the game made my 360 Red-ring (I am not happy...)

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
So how many people have actually gotten it, and what are your reviews?
Sorry to hear about that, DMC, by the way... friggin' sucks ass when them red rings pay a visit...

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!
My reviews of Rock Band is pretty postitive...however, bare in mind, I really am not a standard fan of Guitar Hero 2 and/or 3...so I judge the game of what I played...the drums and microphone.

The drums are, for all intents and purposes, drum pads you could get if you were a 'real' drummer and respond in much the same way. My problem was, as a drummer, is that the snare, and cymbal placement cannot change. For instance, the green pad is the snare drum, and it is on the left most side...however, I play with my snare on the right with a real set, and as far as I knew, I couldn't find an option of change the placement. Overall, I like the set, and it was well worth it overall.

The mic, is basically a karaoke-game. I passed the entire easy campaign with my brother's profile, and then decide to try, on my gamertag, Hard mode...I regret because, unlike easy, you are challenged to sing at the same tone, as well as have a knowledge of the words (which I didn't know many of them) So, as I get more into the game, I shall go back and try Hard later on.

Oh, and those wondering about the guitar? The Fender is lovely, and I personally like the new soloing buttons.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Now that it's out, and I have a PS3.:

Still not getting it.

I'll get it when it drops down in price... might be awhile, but, hey, what do you do o3o?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Its expensive, but totally worth getting. But you know what I think about it, TRAV. ^_-
However I've heard tell that it isn't that great on other systems. That it "loses something" off the 360. So I don't know what I'd think of other versions of it- especially since I haven't seen. ^_^

Edit- Actually TRAV, don't you usually play by yourself..? If thats the case I don't know.. Its really meant to be a lot of fun with more than one person. and WHERE THE HECK DO YOU LIVE AGAIN??? O___O

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

It's $150 bundle (if you look around that is =P). Also, I WOULD be playing it, but the game made my 360 Red-ring (I am not happy...)

RED RING OF DEATH! ^_^ I don't have a 360, in fact I stay away from the X-Box like the plague. Nintendo loyalist, here. Also because the 360 is glitchy and twitchy and all-together icky. Ya see what I done there? Yes.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Ok, bit of an update. I have this game now on 360. Does anyone else have it? Would really loooove to play with some people. ;)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
How ironic, I already have the drum kit out and was getting bored.

I still play every now and then. Gamertag's Turbolence. I don't have much of anything unlocked because I'm a hack and use the unlock all cheat every time I play >_>

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Well I think you can play what I have unlocked anyway. :( I'll add you to our friends list. ^-^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users