Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ambience--> Tipper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
I found when I'm drawing NiGHTS stuff and I like to give it a surreal or dreamy quality, I pop on some Tipper. The album "Surrounded" is best for the more dreamy stuff, and it's simply really calming, sometimes mildly eerie, which gives it a wonderful quality for making you think of dreams. I just thought I'd throw it out there for some of you who might be interested. I don't hear much Ambience and I'm not familiar with many artists of the genre, but I really like it and it's quite inspiring.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Ambient music works best for me too! I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to how many surreal, dreamy albums I have.. XD The Mind's Eye, Kwoon, QZoo (on its' way), Adiemus... but I've not heard Tipper yet. I'mma go hunt some down right now! :3

It's so nice to know I'm not the only person who enjoys this genre!

EDIT: Just got QZoo today! HOLY COW it sounds so much like NiGHTS and yet not and it's GOOOORGEOUS. The album "wake up and dream"! Plenty of songs about dreams! *SQUEAL*

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I know im a bit late posting on this but I am also a big fan of ambient/dreamy music. Only thing is, apart from a few random tracks in my mp3 collection - I have very little of this kind of music. Can anyone give me a decent list of artists who are worth looking up so that I can build up a better selection of tracks?? most of my collection consists mainly of boards of canada but I find that they can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. Listening to some tipper and kwoon now - loving it (more like this pleeeease!!!!)

edit: just thought I would mention ixchel by pleqq - very nice!!!! It was listed on one of the playlists from the main site and I managed to get a copy of the track, - I it find very soothing.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Wow, I forgot about this topic! XD My bad!

Pleqq and Tipper are both AWESOME. I know what I'll be getting next payday! :3 May I also recommend Mike Oldfield - you know, the guy who did the Exorcist theme! We used to own several of his albums, they're very pretty! And if you're into video game music (probably where my love for this style grew), hunt down Spencer Nielsen's OSTs for Sonic CD and Ecco the Dolphin!

I almost forgot Chicane. CHICANE. Listened to Saltwater once, never turned back. *3* And Robert Miles, Eiffel 65, Orbital, Aura, and more anime and video game BGM than can be considered human. LOL!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I have drawn some Maren art to NIN's Ghosts album, very nice produce from it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users