Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Vid from EGS Mexico 2007

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
a gamespot user called Zacek1000 has a short but cool vid of JoD - shows some nice relaxed flying about - looks pretty smooth to me... check it out here

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ah, now we get to see the hub.. "Dream Gate"..so you practice right in there.. so NiGHTS does have some kind of special boost.. trying to read all the text. the cursor is dubbed your 'mindsight'..

Still not on board with the chip throwing..

EGS Mexico.. is that going on now? I wonder why Sega didn't bring JoD to that E for All show..

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I love how he lobs one at NiGHTS' head XD

Sega person was telling me this afternoon that the game still has yet to recieve its 'polish'. You know that amazing sparkly shiny crap that seems to be coded a week before it hits the shelves. So the game might actualy get prettier than it already is :lol:

I love that fountain <3 It reminds me of my favourite place in Edinburgh where me and DiGi sit and be lazy.

TCT

TCT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Games, comics, anime
Cool video!
So who exactly is that owl? It's following NiGHTS everywhere!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
The owl serves as your 'guide' as it were, in the Dream Gate.. a running thought that I think Jof came up with is that it's Reala in disguise..

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Very interesting indeed... I'm sure there are a few hidden doors that are yet to be uncovered.

This is WITHOUT "polish"?! Unless they dip our dear jester in chrome, I don't know how much more polished you can get. :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*note to self- get damn owls name*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
The scene transition at 00:26 to 00:27 looked a tad awkward. The position NiGHTS was in is when he was talking to the owl looked a little strange as well. Other than that, I'm glad to see more of the hub world. The opening where William was floating into Nightopia was pretty cool too, an obvious throwback to the first game.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol yeah, i was thinking that myself. It looks like NiGHTS is trying to snap his own back.

Or perhaps he has owl phobia.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Looking GOOD! :D

Moving around on foot seems jerky though (probably because of how Nintendo does their 8-way analog joysticks). I'm liking what I see though. So long as you don't HAVE to go through this tutorial-ish thing I'm cool with it...after months of playing NiGHTS the last thing I need is to be told how to fly, do tricks, and make paraloops!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah T_T I'm hoping that the tutorial mode wont be anything like SatSR. Dear god that was infuriating.
PSU's tutorial was decent enough because you actualy got a choice to abandon it. Forced tuts are a pain in the bottom.

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! &gt;:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?
Looking nice indeed. And I imagine how much better it'll get after the last touches.

And yeah, NiGHTS does look like he's trying to snap his own back. o.o I do wonder why does he stay in that weird position when talking to the owl. Hm.

And by the way...

"You can't fly any higher than that ! To do so would inflict too much fear upon your heart, dear Visitor."

"Fear upon your heart" ? By flying high or by flying high with NiGHTS ?

>>'

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

"You can't fly any higher than that ! To do so would inflict too much fear upon your heart, dear Visitor."

The owl said that when NiGHTS was flying along the floor. I guess that was intentional.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I was also wondering about the awkward position NiGHTS is in when the owl is right by him.. just a tad odd.. I just know for myself I'm gonna wanna test out the Wiimote controls in that room.. get used to the Wii layout in general.. I wonder what that new move is anyway..

But yeah, non-mandatory tutorials are the way to go. Looks like we have options..

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
About NiGHTS' movement when talking with Reowl: It looks like a glitch, that's NiGHTS' "flying up" animation. I'm guessing it glitches into that default animation because they haven't coded in his "talking to NPC" animation. ^^ The game is looking /really/ nice. Will's skin texturing looks a bit odd and flat to me, though..Too much like..Rubber. oO' They better polish up the textures! XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yea.. maybe the collision detection forces him into the flying position rather than the standing one? Eh, I'm sure they'll fix it.. they also still need to fix the merge a bit.. I like the old quicky-spin, as opposed to the twirl he does now

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Yeah T_T I'm hoping that the tutorial mode wont be anything like SatSR. Dear god that was infuriating.

*Horrible flashbacks triggered* >.@

The first (and so far, only) time I ever got legitimately angry with a Sega game. I'm surprised my Wii remote survivied...

I think the only thing that'll take some adjusting for me on JoD is the Nintendo analog stick. I'm too used to SEGA's smooth, circular design. Hopefully there's a Dreamcast- or Saturn-to-Cube adapter out there...

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
That was easily the best beginning to my day in the history of a long time. I cannot WAIT for this game's release!

The owl was kinda creepy though... >.>

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
....does it say 'Dream Bap' when Will is falling into the dream? o.O

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
That's "Dream Gate", DiGi

Enter the Dream Bap..

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Sorry. I saw the video once and couldn't read the screen clearly. I've been in hospital all day today and they've been taking blood out of me so i feel less than 'with it' right now.....so, yeah, i didn't read that clearly. XD;

Dream Baps, lol. Will dreams of tits.! XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wow, you just opened a door to a whole mess of things that for whatever reason I didn't consider before, in relation to NiGHTS entering the dreams of adolescents, among other things.

I'll agree that the G there does look a lot like a B though.. with the video quality, it's easy to mistake. Plus being in a hospital bed. Get well, DiGi..

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
So this is at EGS Mexico? I wonder if we'll get any impressions from the people that played the game there. Are there any sites covering the event at the moment?

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Posted Image

I like this tutorial part. A chance to fly around with no time limit and mess about like NiD when a boss dies.

Also, this is probably earlier footage, but NiGHTS' animations don't seem as 'smooth' as they were in NiD. I'm talking about the transitions between poses he makes as he changes direction. And he doesn't seem to be flying through the air, but more like... swimming.

Blah, I'm just being picky, the game is looking awesometaculastic...al.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
OOOH!! I love it! I'm looking forward to messing around like I always do in NiD when a boss dies, only there's no time limit! Happy day! Ahem, I think I was the one who came up with the owl being Reala, but Jof probably beat it to me, I dunno. I am SO gonna chuck a chip the da owl, he scares me...

And NiGHTS trying to break his back? Hmmmmm..

NiGHTS: *is listening*
Will: //Hmm...this owl bores me...// *makes NiGHTS break his back*
NiGHTS: DA HELL?!

Heheee....yes...I can see it noooooow....*evil grin*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Guys, guys, GUYS! That owl isn't Reala! It's Jackle, awaiting his chance! You guys are so silly. ^____^

Humor aside, I'm looking forward to free styling too. I always did like messing around in mares...
NiGHTS looks like he's possessed when he stops for that owl..... Someone call an exorcist!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Ahem, I think I was the one who came up with the owl being Reala, but Jof probably beat it to me, I dunno.

Nuhuh : P

My post

Your post (2 Days later)

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.
Wow. That area is beautiful. Heh, I was half expecting NiGHTS to react when Will threw one of those chip thingies at his head. xD

Looking really sweet, it is. -heart-

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.

Nuhuh : P

My post

Your post (2 Days later)

OOooooooh! lol, thanks for clearing that up Jof-sama. XP I guess I forgot, as usual. SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION PEOPLE!! Or...if anyone(else) cared...XP

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
While we're on the subject of new news, Jeux France updated a while ago with some scans from some Japanese mag, and some HQ artwork, used in the Gamestop posters you lucky Americans were able to grab.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dunno if anyones intrested in transalting these potentially non-new-info pages ?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I spy rocket mask.

GoldDreams

GoldDreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:SEGA and Nintendo
This footage doesn't look that bad. I (along with others) would like to know what the name of the owl is? I do not mind waiting. Perhaps its best that way? I really am trying hard not to spoil too much for myself prior to my first time playing.Yet Sega is making that complicated by adding in all this new stuff to the universe. Sadly I've yet to watch in game footage with official sound and music included. I am most interested in hearing this. Because the music and sounds were always among the most important compliments to the original NiD. So to me its very important for the music in this game to be equally as memorable.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Heeee! I love it! The tutorial looks Special Awesome! I'm glad to get a better look at NiGHTS and Will during gameplay! Everything is really beautiful! ^.^

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Those ground sections look really buggy and awkward. The controls look as bad as Shadow the Hedgehog, if you look closely Helen cannot move in a straight line without jerking violently left or right. Hopefully the "polish" will sort this out, although I doubt the controls will receive ANY polish somehow as it's the same team doing this that made Shadow the Hedgehog. I hope to be proven wrong, though.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

The controls look as bad as Shadow the Hedgehog, if you look closely Helen cannot move in a straight line without jerking violently left or right.

Or it could just be the player going crazy with the analogue stick. I know I do that when I first control a character with the Nunchuk controller.

Also, that's William.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Lol at the sparkly back breaking ^_^ Oh dear heheh.

Looks very pretty though, but as everyone says, I too want the option to be able to skip the tutorial.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Is the demo in the video a public demo? If so, it must be the only public demo with the hub world in it. For all we know it could actually be a beta version of the full game. It happened before back in 2005 with Shadow the Hedgehog at the Leipzig Games Convention. There was even a full recording of the entire neutral path story.

Can anyone look something up on EGS Mexico? I tried but I can hardly find anything. I don't think the major game sites even care.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
between NiGHTS2 and the sublime Mario Galaxy, my holiday gaming is set :(

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
For some reason I like how Will jumps Ive never even seen that in my dreams berfore.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Looks ace! Can't wait to see it when its polished!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users