Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Doujinshi Plans - Main

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Sorry to hear about that, Kabib, best of luck to you in getting over it.
Also, if you are sure you no longer want to do Gulpo, here's the current list of active artists and their projects as far as I know:

NiGHTS day - Wise kitsune
Reala day - Kichigai
Clawz day - KittyWhiggles
Jackle day - ^_^ Go Dreamer
Gillwing day - Minn
Gulpo day - No Artist
Puffy day - No Artist

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.
Gyaah... I should tack that on the front page. Yes, I am sure. I'm not getting anywhere with Gulpo's day, so... I should let someone else have a go.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I thought Sa-Chan was heading up Puffy day ?

If not, I'll happily fill in for that one, I have a nice idea for an ending scene to a story.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I was, but I'm both generally unreliable and lacking a scanner at the moment. Feel free to take over for me, Jof :(

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
hey... my project isen't throwing off the whole days of the week thing, is it? I would offer up to take on one of the days, but I cant draw puffy worth crap.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*clings to Kabby* Your art is aweeesoooome. I like, worship you, how DARE you say your art is bad. ;~; We can't give up on this project, depression or not. X(

*chains self to computer and gets to brainstorming for stories*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Uh, Quick question: Fancharacters. Are they allowed?

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.

Uh, Quick question: Fancharacters. Are they allowed?

They are greatly encouraged. Fanmade maren and dreamers a go-go! xD

NiGHTS is all about imagination so... use it! >:3

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Okay! I would probably use my characters as cameos or something... XD

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Guess what guys? I think I may have my art mojo back... BUT BUT BUT. Let's not talk about it or it might run away from me again! D:

Now that I've said that... time for me to get to work! But... what shall I do? >< Dang, I need a job in this circle. I guess I'm an artist once again. I feel like doing some illustrations first, to get the feeling of drawing back in. Uh... or I can just get to work.

I still don't think I shoudl take Gulpo again, I'll give someone else a chance. So... I'll just use an idea I had from long ago, when we started this thing.

lol I are confuzzled.
YAY! TRiPPY and friends are back!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Damn straight.

Depression can seriously steal your art motivation, i know how that is, you end up sometimes drawing just to prove you still actually can even when it's not what you're supposed to be drawing. It's like... kinda you draw to gain an emotion and then it drops again. You wont magicaly get over it and start drawing again, it'll be hard as all hell. But steering clear of meds is something you really want to do if you can as a person, otherwise you just end up being depressed because you're depressed and on meds.

sh!t my toenail just came off >O< aarghrgrhrg

Setting yourself projects when you need to motivate yourself is something good to do, especialy when working with other artists, because everyone can kick eachother up the bum. The 'cure' to depression is distraction and lots of venting at people in real life. So consider this doujin project a distraction. When it is printed you will feel great if not better.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Fanmaren are a go-go, so I've got more free space for ideas now! BWAHAHAH! *starts typing in Notepad furiously*

And..Uh...I can't be like..A main artist...But uh...I can be a character designer, I guess. o,o Like, if any of you have a character but dunno how to draw 'em out(dunno quite what you want them to look like, etc), PM me.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Well it looks like things are starting to gear up in here again! Good good! XD And, as is traditional with pretty much all of Sai's posts, it's time for another role call! XD

Reala day - Kichigai
Gillwing day - Minn
Gulpo day - Kabib Angel
Puffy day - Jof

The names in Red are people Sai hasn't seen in this neck of the forum in a good aul while. Sai sent a message to everyone a while back asking them to check in with Kabib if they were still interested in participating in this here doujin. If they haven't gotten on to you yet, maybe you should give them a shout, Kabib?

Also, Sai has noticed with these sorts of projects, very little tends to get done unless there's a deadline of some sort. Perhaps a date for when the basic script has to be completed or somesuch should be arranged?

P.S. Sai hates backseat drivers as much as everyone else, so his apologies for constantly filling up your penny jar with his two cents.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
hopefully some of this extended silence is the sound of people drawing! :lol:
I've set my goal.
1. Have all line art done by the end of Feb.
2. all inking done by end of march
3. April for general clean up and text
4. release by June

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I contacted the Maren Days inactive artists. kay?

I haven't been good and working on this project lately... or giving it much attention at all. (school, depression, and all... I hate my life...) So... Minn just contacted me that they are no longer the artist of Gillwing's day so...

Gillwing, Gulpo, and Puffy are open... as far as I know.
Please tell me if you want to be the artists for these wonderful maren.

By the way... I suck at drawing Jackle. I REFUSE to draw him any longer. Nope. No human Jackleness. Not even normal maren Jackleness. I've had it with him, he pisses me off so much. I. Hate. Jackle. Nuff said.
Oh yeah... and Clawz too.
I'm lucky I can tolerate Reala and NiGHTS... Anyway.

Sorry about that, but I needed to vent and inform. Someone would have to come up with a REALLY good excuse for me to attempt to draw Jackle again. (Or Clawz...) So, on my progress...

I'm such a bad person. I haven't made any progress, art or story wise. FEEL FREE TO KICK ME. YAY! (You know you wanna.)

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Don't give into the art block! Beat Jackle into a shape you're comfortable with drawing! Beat him! Beat!

And I'll take up the mantle on Gillwing! XD Sai'll get crackin' on The Littlest Nightmaren~

..and, y'know, tradition.

Reala day - Kichigai
Gillwing day - Sairus
Gulpo day - Kabib Angel
Puffy day - Jof

EDIT: ^_^ Go Dreamer has signed up again~

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Oh dang... I are sorry. >< I told you guys I have a poor brain. I find it kinda hard to focus sometimes, and tend to overlook and forget things.

I don't know... do you think I should start to draw for Gulpo again? I don't know if I should or not. D:

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I think we all know the answer to that.
I've added your name back onto the list up there. XD

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Okay, my brain mushed... and I haven't been making any progress as of late... I couldn't come up with something to draw, or a story for Gulpo. I became twice as focused on my school work as of late... and that nearly put my brain in the asylum. Hahaha... I go crazy from school work... xP

Anyway. I don't think I can do it, but I am trying. (Kinda.) Gulpo seems to hate me more and more too. D: Bad fishy. Ignore this.
Spoiler

I uhh... I still can't write or draw anything, but I'll try again tonight. Hope it's NiGHTS' related. >>;

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Just keep churning out character refrences like that Gulpo one and you'll get back into the swing of things soon enough~
You could do something simple for the story, like Gulpo switches jobs with another Maren for the day or somesuch

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Yea, it dosen't have to nessisarily be a BIG comic, (mine is only, like 11 pages long :P )

one thing I'm wondering: What are we gonna do to publish them? I was thinking we could maybe ask TRiPPY for a doujinshi section in the comics tabthing? Or should we cross that bridge when we come to it?

*Feints at kaibib* nah, just kidden' *takes out purple boxes* wanna girl scout cookie?

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
heh, I figured since we're doing so many individual stories that I'd keep mine short, so you'd be lucky to get 8 pages out of me! XD

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I think we should think about publishing when we get some things done. Speaking of which... my problem is that I multitask too many times, and that I loose motivation too much. Because I fret over the fact that I cannot write stories to save my life. ><

Oh yeah... and as I get down to it... if there is anyone who hasn't been active here, you know, within the last two pages here, or in a certain amount of days, I will have to contact them to see what's going on.
Because right now, I'm getting the vibe that they really don't want to be a part of this project anymore. >>;
We'll just have to see if some activity can be stirred up. I know we all got real lives out there, but it really isn't fair to the rest of us (or to them) if we get things done and they'll be behind. Then in the end, we all will be behind, and have to churn out extra stories to make up for lost room.

.. am I ranting? Whoops. Sorry. D:

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

I think we should think about publishing when we get some things done. Speaking of which... my problem is that I multitask too many times, and that I loose motivation too much. Because I fret over the fact that I cannot write stories to save my life. ><

Oh yeah... and as I get down to it... if there is anyone who hasn't been active here, you know, within the last two pages here, or in a certain amount of days, I will have to contact them to see what's going on.
Because right now, I'm getting the vibe that they really don't want to be a part of this project anymore. >>;
We'll just have to see if some activity can be stirred up. I know we all got real lives out there, but it really isn't fair to the rest of us (or to them) if we get things done and they'll be behind. Then in the end, we all will be behind, and have to churn out extra stories to make up for lost room.

.. am I ranting? Whoops. Sorry. D:

*Claps wildly* wonderful speech!
About the whole non-self-esteem thing: thats why you have us to help out, right? *isen't looking and smears ink a little* OH NOES!!!

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I like The Doujinshi Circle! *cries* I'm an artist AND a writer *soul aches* I wish, I wish I could do something!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users