Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smurfs: Live action CGI

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Well, I found this out a while back, I don't know much about it though. I'm not sure about the film though, mainly because I've never been a big fan of the Smurfs, but it could be good.

Edit: Here's a link: http://www.squidoo.com/smurfs_movie

This could be good...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I did watch the Smurfs when I was little, and I don't really remember anything about the show except they were blue and little. But my first thought:

You can't be serious.
At the best, it'll be cute like Aliens in the Attic or Up. Which it could possibly be that good. At the worst...*shudder* :lol:

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Ugh. Why must all kids movies be 3D nowadays? That's the lamest gimmick ever. I don't even like 3D movies!

Anyway, I don't really see a problem with a Smurf movie. I most likely won't see it, but at least they are reviving an old cartoon series by making a movie, rather than just starting from scratch to make another pointless, barely-cared-about kids movie.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

but at least they are reviving an old cartoon series by making a movie, rather than just starting from scratch to make another pointless, barely-cared-about kids movie.

That's exactly why it will fail my dear.

First off...Most kids don't even know what the hell a Smurf is.

Second...The Smurf's really didn't have a plot...It was basically all about their everyday problems.

Third...It's supposed to be a trilogy which is apparently all the rage these days besides the fact that no one can come up with a friggin good idea anymore.

Fourth...All Gargemel wanted to do is eat the Smurfs...Unless there is some kind of dramatic build-up to eat the Smurfs after Gargamel makes Smurffet (Which...really now...If you can make Smurfs why not make them then eat them?)? I see no point in a trilogy.

Fifth...Why is my childhood being ruined every chance Hollywood gets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users