Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What control scheme do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I have used all of them and I find the Classic controller to be my favorite one. I find that they all do work though and rather well for the most part minus the Wii Remote one which is rather buggy at times.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I like the nunchuck best out of all of them. =D

Am I the only one who does? D8

Moto

Moto

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Videogames basically :P

I like the nunchuck best out of all of them. =D

Am I the only one who does? D8

the Gamecube controller is rather good, but then again I just miss my cube, so I use it's controllers any chance I get

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I love the nunchuck. It's the only controller I find to actually be useful. I don't even own a Classic controller so there goes that theory on the spot for me.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Nunchuck and Wiimote. ;)

Master D

Master D

Lurker

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:games and roller coasters! OH! And Bob (guinea pig).
clasic and GC controller. It gives it a more "saturn" feel ;)

Jester

Jester

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
The wii controller bugged me and made my hands sweat. The gamecube controller was my weapon of choice :3

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

The wii controller bugged me and made my hands sweat. The gamecube controller was my weapon of choice :3

Aha! I wondered if I was alone on this. I use a nunchuk that I modded so that the analog housing is round like the Saturn's.. but my hands get so sweaty.. I was chalking it up to JoD excitement..

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
Classic all the way.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
I use the Gamecube controller, but I sanded out the analog housing to be round, which works a lot better for subtle changes in direction.

gasman

gasman

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:drawing, guitar, sitar, listening to music, biking, reading, animating, going outside, swimming, fishing, paintball, swordsmanship, martial arts, tonfa fighting, playing old school video games, programming, making movies, dreaming<br /><br />&quot;I wish I could do something that would ruin the world so much that people couldn't taste anymore or enjoy sex.&quot; <br />- Armin
I prefer the nunchuck, but I'm fairly comfortable with the Wii Remote to use it in play and not completely fail. But if I had to choose, I'd go for the nunchuck. I can make easier flight changes with it.

Although, I can make sharper turns with the remote.....

Zoe

Zoe

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I prefer the classic controller, but one of my sisters likes the Nunchuck, and my brother likes the Gamecube controller. So there's a variety in my house! XD;

Eternal

Eternal

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I use the Gamecube controller, but I sanded out the analog housing to be round, which works a lot better for subtle changes in direction.

How did you do that!? Tell!
I use the gamecube remote.

PhantomChan

PhantomChan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Singing<br />Painting<br />NiGHTS<br />Daydreaming<br />Acting<br />Colourguard<br />Reading<br />Piano<br />Filmmaking<br />
Nunchuck, definitely.
The Wii-Mote felt a bit weird and buggy, to me.

temjin

temjin

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
GC and Wiimote on it's own. I find it super smooth to play with the wiimote, and I'm able to do some fast directional actions, which I dig. Feels good to me.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

You'll want to unscrew the housing, then you'll need a dremel tool to sand it down; maybe also get some super-fine sandpaper, like, 600 grit I think it was, to finish it off after you've rounded it out.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Like viperxmns said, you'll want to unscrew everything and take the plastic housing off, but I didn't actually use a dremel tool. I just bought some sandpaper, 100 grit, and sanded it by hand for a couple of minutes until it was nice and smooth. Then just put everything back together and you are good to go!

I could always put up some pics or something if it helps.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I chose the Nunchuk because, unlike the Classic and GameCube controllers, I don't need to swtich my thumb off of the analog stick to use persona masks. I use the Rocket Persona a lot for bird chase missions so that's why the Nunchuk is very useful for that. Plus, the Nunchuk is the default choice; how many people really own Classic or Gamecube controllers at this point?

I have thinking a lot about this whole "dremel" thing. Even if I mod my controller for this one game, do you think it will enchance my performance for other games too? I might want to try it on Super Mario Galaxy or other Wii games that use the Nunchuk for primary character control.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
Nunchuck. The gamecube contoller just feels wierd, Wii control sucks, and I have no classic controller.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

I chose the Nunchuk because, unlike the Classic and GameCube controllers, I don't need to swtich my thumb off of the analog stick to use persona masks.

I use my right hand thumb to switch persona's, that way I don't have to take my left thumb off the analog stick. ;)

I have thinking a lot about this whole "dremel" thing. Even if I mod my controller for this one game, do you think it will enchance my performance for other games too? I might want to try it on Super Mario Galaxy or other Wii games that use the Nunchuk for primary character control.

If you are worried about using a dremel, or don't own one, you can just use sandpaper like I did. I was also wondering the same thing about other Wii games. I don't own anything else yet so I'm not sure, but I think it would help with games like Metroid as well (can't wait to play that game).

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I use the nunchuck as well.
I found the wiimote to be a little tricky to use with sharp turns, and the retro pad's thumbstick is slightly smaller than the nunchuck... haven't tried a GC pad yet though.

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
Gamecube controller is my favorite.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Modified Nunchuck. However, if I ever rounded out my Gamecube controller, that might be my favorite because it gives greater control with the acrobatic tricks. I tilt the Wii-mote and the game takes a second to respond or I didn't tilt it enough and it doesn't respond period. In another case, I accidentally move my hand slightly and it gives me a somersault I didn't want.

But, still, Nunchuck+Wiimote's the best I got right now.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

If you are worried about using a dremel, or don't own one, you can just use sandpaper like I did. I was also wondering the same thing about other Wii games. I don't own anything else yet so I'm not sure, but I think it would help with games like Metroid as well (can't wait to play that game).

In my opinion, the detents are bad for any game, with the ironic exception of F Zero GX (That game was made my SEAG's Amusement Vision division). In Super Mario Galaxy, I sometimes "Fall" into the detentes without realizing it, and miss jumps. Considering that I have less than 20 stars to go, this often means death. And I never could decide between nunchuck or cube controller. I quit playing it long ago.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I choose Nunchuck & Wiimote!!! *throws Pok'eball*... I tried using the GC controller but it felt wierd. I thought about modifying my Nunchuck but I haven't * knows that if she attemted this she probably would've broke it* >_<;

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Classic controller. I find with nunchuck when i press up on it, its more like up+right cuz my hands bends and stuff. GC controller feels, stiff imo. I like classic but wish it was closer to the base.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Like viperxmns said, you'll want to unscrew everything and take the plastic housing off, but I didn't actually use a dremel tool. I just bought some sandpaper, 100 grit, and sanded it by hand for a couple of minutes until it was nice and smooth. Then just put everything back together and you are good to go!

I could always put up some pics or something if it helps.

When I tried this with an old controller I couldn't get it back together, then the wiring for the C-stick broke off. lol

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Gamecube controller is king.

SiLVER

SiLVER

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:I love video games, writing, and Artwork. And NiGHTS. I looooooove making OCs too.
Gamecube Controller FTW!! :lol:

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
I only use the Nunchuck

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Modded nunchuck:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users