Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ReBoot

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. So, sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere already but i just found out about the news and i was in a hurry to post it here.

Presuming those of you who knew ReBoot won't need me to go into detail about what it is AND if you don't know what ReBoot is then this probably wouldn't interest you anyway ...BUT....

....THEY'RE MAKING A SERIES OF ReBOOT FILMS ????? O____O

omgomgomg! I loved that show as a kid. Can you imagine what they could do with the film with today's technology?

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Whoa! I used to watch bits of that show! Nostalgia! They're making a movie series? Awesome. Wicked. Cool.

DO WANT.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
O_O

ReBoot MOVIES?! HELL YES!!!

What an awesome show...I hope these movies do the series justice. Thanks DiGi, you made my day ;)

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Link Please! :D

This is seriously awesome news. Finally a CG movie to put all that Pixar and Dreamworks garbage in its place.

Does it sound like they're starting from scratch or are they going to continue from that massive cliffhanger at the end of My Two Bobs? Either way I still can't help but feel this is a bit of a bittersweet moment because I honestly can't imagine Megabyte, one of the best villians ever, being voiced by anybody other than Tony Jay, rest his soul.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i was reading the wikipedia article on ReBoot because i honestly wanted to know what happaned to Bob. The UK got robbed of the 3rd season. We got two episodes and they cancled it, i think. I never saw any of the later episodes. Enzo (Matrix) is all grown up and is on the search for Bob because he vanished, for some reason. Seriously, the UK were robbed of all the episodes. The storyline got cut in so many places that it was hard to know what happened to who and why. I'm looking for a place that has all the seasons so i can watch it all. As far as i know, they never even made any boxsets either.

But as for the film. Well, it talks about having a lot of fan input because it seems the ReBoot fanbase is like NiGHTS' fanbase. It's got a huge cult following so the makers of ReBoot wanted it's fans to help shape the film. They held a competition of some kind and the best concept idea for the film was chosen.
Anyways, forget about me explaining it all. Read for yourself here - http://en.wikipedia..../ReBoot#Revival

I'm looking forward to it. Man, i just wanna hear Bob say "ReBoot!" again. That's all i want. XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Silly Bunny-man. You can find almost any show on Youtube nowadays.

y2ktm2
ShinyHappyGoth

These members practically made it a mission to put the series on Youtube and you can find virtually the whole series between these two. Your only other option is wading headlong into the dark realm of torrents because yes, almost no DVDs were made and I know for a fact season box-sets are nonexistent.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I looove ReBoot. It was always one of my favourite shows, though I found it rather sad when the SciFi channel decided to rape the sh!t out of the series with their new episodes. Man I coulda shed a tear. They were inside of a fighting game that was like DBZ, Yugi-Oh, and Pokemon mixed. So they're making movies?? I gotta read up on that sh!t!! I was never fond of Matrix and adult AndrAIa. Especially not when they had both Enzo and kid AndrAIa along with the adults, at the same time. I think they did that with Bob, too? Long dreads Bob and regular Bob. XD

You know, it'll be so weird to hear Megabyte with a different voice.. T_T

Hey, bro.. you know how much it costs to see it...?

ONLY NINETY-NINE NINETY-NINE NINETY-NIIINE!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

......................WHAT!!!......................

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
I didn't seem to really like the show until I got a little bit older and right when they decided to stop showing it over here in the US.
Nice to hear about it again though. :D

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
OMG!! I remember ReBooT!!! I use to watch ReBoot all the time when I was younger!!! Unfortunately they stopped airing it here T_T ........ But I'm really excited to hear that their bringing it back!!!!^_^

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I'm not to sure about this...

As long as it looks the same I guess ill be fine with it.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
Whenever I think of ReBoot, the first thing that always comes to my mind is Skips. Seriously. I ate so many bags of them, saving up the coupons to get the bendy character figurines they offered way back when, ahaha XD

I think I got Bob and Enzo... I wonder if they're still knocking around somewhere... *scratches chin*

Yes, fond, fond prawn cocktail flavoured memories. I loved that show, or, what we got to see of it before CITV pulled it off the air. I'll always remember the '8-bit' episode with a smile, it had me cracking up so bad as a kid. XD

"We are helping! We are helping!"

Nostalgia swiftly kicked down the stairs, all I can say is; YAY. I was actually thinking about ReBoot a few days back. It's incredibly awesome to hear about this revival in the form of some movies. I wonder what they'll do with the characters, and how they'll look after all this time. Lots of fan input is certainly an interesting and fun sounding way to go about it. ^^

Maybe if it's popular enough we might see some releases of series box-sets ( perhaps even here in the UK we might get those episodes that we were robbed of ).

Methinks I'll be keeping an eye on this. =D

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3

PURG YOU WIN. XD

Other fave episodes include the 8-bit one (I'm helping to make your boots go faster!), the one where Hexadecimal gets a hold of the paint program, and Enzo's birthday - the robot icon for the Canadian station, YTV, makes a cameo there! Anyone remember the guitar duel? I have an MP3 of that somewhere..!

I loved this show to bits as a kid! There were even collectible trading cards, and I bought like a pack a week. Gonna hafta dig them suckers out again!

To be quite honest, I kinda lost interest in the series after "End Program" - I thought something was missing from the older shows. But hey, even I can't say no to new movies! Bring it on, says I!

Heh heh... "Stay frosty." *slips*

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
God how did I miss a thread on one of my all-time favorites? I loved that show so very very much... I ended up missing a lot of episodes after Enzo grew up...

I remember an episode where they were on like some kind of a pirate ship? And there was some funky vortex that Bob was going to jump into for one reason or another? Yeah, good stuff... I should watch it again...

Megabyte was friggin' sick too

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
I'm still confused about Adult Enzo. They just kinda...appeared.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^

I'm still confused about Adult Enzo. They just kinda...appeared.

I remember it was because he and that Game Sprite (forget her name) were stuck in a game for some number of years because the user won. So Enzo couldn't leave for whatever reason, but he was given Glitch (the wrist thinger) by Bob before it happened, so he was able to live in the game fora while. He grew up in-game and then they popped back out for whatever reason (probably because it was a new seaon).

If I got any of those details wrong, someone feel free to hit me with a large wrench and correct me.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
No wrench for you! ;3 You got it pretty much right on the money!

From what I can remember,
Spoiler

Hope that helped a bit! :(

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
@Kori: Sweet! Glad to hear that I remembered as much as I did!

btw, AWESOME sig! I lawl every time I see it!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I think its also important to note that Enzo said game time goes faster than normal time which is why he and AndrAIa are so much older while everybody is mostly unchanged when they get back to Mainframe.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Ah yes, I'd forgotten that completely! Thanks Zero! :3 Heh, Enzo became pretty grouchy pretty quick, didn't he?

And thanks Xenon! I was lawling while sketching it too. XD

... waaaait, if some folks haven't seen all of season 3 yet... methinks I should spoiler-tag it, juuuust in case..! (Genius, I always think of these things AFTER the fact... I'm getting slow in my old age!)

"Y'hear that, Al?"
".... WHAAAT?"

*high-fives Zero*

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Why the hell is there a kid Enzo then?

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
XD!! More spoilers!

Spoiler

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah.. I hated Matrix so much I just wanted him to die off.. lol instead we got THAT. But then, I was a little kid and liked Enzo and kids can be stupid. For all I know if I watched it again I'd like Matrix. XD

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
I liked Matrix.

.... in the musical. X3 HULK BINOME SMAAASH!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Wow. The spoilers made me remember stuff from the show!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
They really don't make kids TV like this anymore, do they?
And don't worry Kori. I read up on the shows i missed on Wikipedia B) We can thank the UK TV company for wrecking our fun. They said the series became too dark. Yeah, but they never cut Watership Down from airing...and that had bunny rabbits attacking eachother and ripping eachothers throats out. Now THAT was a dark and sad cartoon indeed. ReBoot looked like a fairground compared to Watership Down. So, i wonder who's idea was it to cancel ReBoot.

In any case, what i can remember of Matrix, i liked. Typical moody bastard with a gun. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
*snort* Well... Michaelangelo's edited out nunchaku sound familiar, bro? lol

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Reminds me of how Sailor Moon way back got cancelled here in Sweden because it was deemed too violent with its "karate kicks"... yet had no problem with Spiderman or X-men.

I've never really seen Reboot, but I think it got dubbed here. "Think", because most cartoons are either sent reeeally early or on channels I don't have :P

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Ah yes, I've heard of the legendary "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles". ^^; I'm guessing Naruto will never see the light of day there then? In any case, I wish to offer my deepest apologies to you guys and brighten your day with this classic, spoiler-ific find from our YouTube friends, brought to you by... MMMIKE, THE TV~~~! X3

Follow the bouncing Scuzzy! :( Of any part of season 3, this is one of my faves. Have you had the chance to see all of season 3 yet, DiGi?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ColRwxkC1FY

._.

Good Lord.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
lol oh gosh, nostalgia :) I remember I used to watch ReBoot all the time, but I can't remember any of the series :unsure: Will have to watch it again sometime XD

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
...Reboot...Movies? Oh man, this is the best news I've heard all day! Reboot's probably in my top five cartoons from the ol' days of yore. Anyone remember the Evil Dead episode? XD

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons &amp; Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
I love ReBoot. One of top favourite shows. I've seen several episodes from the third season with Enzo and AndrAIa. My favourites were the episodes the Megabyte and Hexadecimal were infected by the web creature, Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs. I really wanted to see more of the series, but it stopped running after that. I can't wait to see the movies.

LiGHTS

LiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Im late to this topic. Reboot. I never saw much of it exept a few episodes on Toonami. It was a good show but my schedule used to keep me from seeing it. My friend Crackie will like this news. Any idea when the first one will be out?

SQUiD

SQUiD

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
*pulls topic from the GRAVE*

Holy Reboot. ;o; I've whined so much about being totally unable to deal with cliffhanging, but movies?!

Eeeeeeeeee.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
I'm from Canada (homeland of Reboot) and we got Reboot movies YEARS ago. If it is the same ones, yur gonna be mad (they finish on a cliff hanger) but if they FINALLY resolve the cliffhanger, then im up for the new movies.

Lupilha

Lupilha

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I LOVED watching this as a kid and still re-watch the episodes again because there are always a few things I never caught back them that I do now.

Heheh. 'Megadump'.
Megabyte and Hexidecimal have the cutest sibling rivalry going on. It's as if you would never get tired of them trying to murder each other.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
OMGOMGOMG!! KichiGai found this! ---> ReBoot Trailer

That is how you hype a cult favourite. A short trailer not showing a lot but fans will know what it is.
I hope this is real, i hope this is real, OMG i hope this is real!!! T_T

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Holy f*** yes! I think my heart just skipped a beat. T_T So happy!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I used to watch ReBoot - it was part of the same block of shows as Sonic SatAM and Bump in the Night.
But honestly, I remember it being a bunch of puns - I know it's where I first heard the "seven ate nine" joke. I've read that it actually has a real storyline and that episodes were made since I stopped watching; but I haven't seen it since I was a kid so I don't really know...

I would like to rewatch it but I'm unsure if it's really worth the time investment - I fear the dated CGI being and having everything weirdly named after computing terms would turn me off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users