Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ideya of Courage

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Has anyone ever noticed that the kids do not gain the Ideya of Courage (the red one) until they get close to NiGHTS in the Ideya Palace?

It seems like the kids have the courage buried deep inside them but it's only with the help of NiGHTS that it's brought out. Or do you guys share a different opinion?

I think it's pretty cool as I've never noticed this little detail before.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Is it only when you get close to NiGHTS? I thought it was after the initial cut-scene when all the other ideya are captured, even if you're walking away during that scene.

I want to say that I read somewhere the reasoning for this is that the minions were commanded to steal all the ideya from the dreamers, but courage is the "hidden" ideya within them. Their courage only becomes apparent when things appear bleakest (ie ideya are captured).
They can free NiGHTS with it, but the ideya of courage came from within them, independent of NiGHTS IMO.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Is it only when you get close to NiGHTS? I thought it was after the initial cut-scene when all the other ideya are captured, even if you're walking away during that scene.

That's what I used to think too, but it's only when you get close to NiGHTS. If you watch the start of my frozen bell video you'll see that it doesn't appear until I walk past NiGHTS, then it stays with you.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Woah, I guess you're right.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wow, I never thought about that. Nice observation.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I kinda noticed that a few years ago but at the time i wasn't sure what the hell was going on.

At the time, i was doing some speed runs for Gilwing and was trying to clear Spring Valley as fast as i could. I never really paid attention to the falling in/lucid cut-scene part where the Ideya appear because i had seen it so many times before but on one of the runs i noticed the Red Ideya was not there during this scene ...and i honestly thought something was wrong with my game, like maybe i had glitched it or something. Walking up to the Ideya Palace brought the Red Ideya out.

It's funny how we never initially noticed that before, huh? XD After nearly 15 years there's still things about the game we're only just finding out.

I have a theory that it has something to do with NiGHTS' red chest crystal thing (and i'm kinda wishing i had asked Yuji Naka about it in that interview now). That chest crystal on NiGHTS may not be anything important other than a piece of NiGHTS' design, but it features on the NiGHTS title logo and the main story for game is about Elliot and Claris finding courage. Perhaps it's one of those subliminal things in the game that we're supposed to interpret ourselves. I always wanted to think that the chest crystal on NiGHTS had some significance so maybe it acts like a magnet, bringing out their courage and drawing the two dreamers to him.

Just a theory of my own, anyway.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Going on 15 years later and we're still finding new things. Think about that. :)

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I always sorta thought NiGHTS' chest jewel had a connection to the Red Ideya and bringing out the kids' courage, too! That's all I really thought about it though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users