Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
We're quite a creative fanbase here, and that made me wonder...

Is anyone participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) starting tomorrow? (Site: www.nanowrimo.org)

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, but are intrigued by the thought, NaNo is a challenge in which you write 50,000 words of fiction all in one month. It's an amazing way to stretch your mind and use some of that creativity!

If anyone is, it would be great to talk through plots and become site buddies! Hope to see you at the finish line at the end of the month!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Oh man, a novel? I haven't even written anything as long as a children's book. ^_^ Never knew about this event though so thanks for bringing it to light for people like me.

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
^_^ Wow. The longest thing I've ever written is this (imo pretty damn awesome) Sonic fan fic. It's about 10,000 words... and I've been working on it since I was 12.

Don't judge me.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
It's that time of year already? o.o I can never write anything of that length so fast. I've tried, but to no avail. :/

Good luck to everybody who participates. ^_^ Don't let the creative juices stall.

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Just want to announce that...

I WON!!!

:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

50734 words!

which is why I've not been on any forums for a while... its been a bit of a nightmare month, what with temp work, illness etc.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Congratulations. There should just be an award for writing over 5,000 words.

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I failed horribly. I got to about 500 words, froze... and never wrote again.

NiGHT OVER

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
I didn't see that there was a NaNo topic! I participate in NaNo every year and I finished again this year. Someties I write fanfiction for different game, sometimes original sci-fi/fantasy. This year I wrote some surreal fantasy based on a dream I had. I haven't uploaded it yet because its really bad, even compared to most NaNo first drafts :/ it needs a lot of editing...

Damien

Damien

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I likes to write
I write but can never do NaNoWrMo. Generally, I write 4000 - 6000 words per month; massive bursts are not my style, i'm slow but steady. I got friends who get excited by it and try to churn 50k out but I don't know many ppl who succeed in writing that much in such a short space of time, especially if they are working.

What genre stuff do you write? (Sci-fi, romance, crime, fantasy, fan fiction, literary, magical realism, commerical, horror, young adult, etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users