Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Huruyami's Content

There have been 7 items by Huruyami (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96914 Random thought thread

Posted by Huruyami on 15 June 2011 - 08:12 PM in Community Corner

The first time I got on this website was nearly 6 years ago when there was an irc chatroom and I was 12 years old. Random burst of nostalgia

#92189 Handheld NiGHTS game

Posted by Huruyami on 18 July 2010 - 03:51 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

O___O

600dollarssaywhat

#92173 Handheld NiGHTS game

Posted by Huruyami on 18 July 2010 - 12:09 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

400? @__@ thats insanity

#92153 Handheld NiGHTS game

Posted by Huruyami on 17 July 2010 - 12:17 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

@Nemoide oh, I definitely agree. I see them selling for 150+ all the time, and I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I guess I got really lucky when I bid 15 dollars and it only went up to 5.50. There's an unopened handheld on sale right now thats the flip-top thats going for 130. I think that one's a little more agreeable since it's still in the original packaging and everything, but it's still alot and I doubt anyone is going to spend that much for it.

#92144 Handheld NiGHTS game

Posted by Huruyami on 17 July 2010 - 02:59 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I know there are two versions, I just bought the one that looks like a game controller with the screen in the middle on eBay for about 11 dollars (including shipping.) I didn't think I'd get it that low o__O Anyway, does anybody else have any of the hand helds? I'm excited for it to get here :3

#92077 Hey! What about Wiiware/VC? :(

Posted by Huruyami on 14 July 2010 - 09:19 PM in NiD15

That's an idea. Tell us, technofolks, is it possible?

Probably not. Most people would probably want to play both stories whenever they wanted, so I don't see how taking it and splitting it in two would save any memory if you downloaded both. It's like downloading half a CD today and the other half tomorrow, eventually you'd have the entire CD and it still be the gargantuan size that it is.

#92049 Hey! What about Wiiware/VC? :(

Posted by Huruyami on 14 July 2010 - 12:40 AM in NiD15

I'm probably going to just be rehashing what's been said here, but the Wii does not have the internal memory requirements to handle such a large file, and SD cards over 20gb start to get into the possibility of being incompatible with the wii. I do alot of wii homebrew and I have successfully emulated NiD on my wii from an SD card, and I had a very, very low fps rate. It didn't work at all from usb. (Yes I know there are usb restrictions, but with homebrew you bypass those and even still it didn't work.) Even though Mario 64 and NiGHTS are both games from the same generation, Mario 64 is much smaller being on a cartridge, and as Level 99 stated earlier, the processors and other hardware in the Saturn put it ahead of its time and made its game files very difficult to program and much larger than their N64 counterparts.

Even though the emulator used was a beta and still had kinks to work out, even if it were a perfect emulator it wouldn't be able to play NiD at its full capacity because of its complexity and file size. Disc release? Absolutely possible. Probable? No.