Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Deep Loner's Content

There have been 74 items by Deep Loner (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#19131 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 October 2007 - 06:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought: NiGHTS sounds like the chick who sings the Leek spin song. http://leekspin.com/

hows that for random? (WHAT?! I've had it running for like 20 minutes! Its on my mind! :D)

WHAT IS THAT?!? ^_^

Seriously, can somebody identify where that song originally came from?

EDIT: Nevermind. Took me two seconds.

Loituma Girl (also known as Leekspin) is a Flash animation set to a gibberish section of the traditional Finnish folk song "Ievan Polkka" (sometimes misspelled Levan Polka) sung by the Finnish quartet Loituma, taken from their 1995 debut album Things of Beauty.

#18848 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 12:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought of the day: I see a small chance that Journey of Dreams might prove to be a prequel to the original NiGHTS into Dreams.

#18701 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 29 September 2007 - 03:38 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I used my skippidy-quick reflexes to snap them from the trailor.

I don't have skippidy-quick reflexes, so I use frame advance. :)

My random thought of the day: JOD will do well, but will underachieve relative to its true potential.

#19309 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 11:41 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random JOD thought of the day:

With the fluidity of NiGHTS' FMV animation... FMV of NiGHTS vs. Reala would be quite a sight to see. :P

#19241 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 05:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random NiGHTS Thought: NiGHTSxReala style ending a la KHII? o.O

Please explain for those who (like me) who have never played Kingdom Hearts?

#19458 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 12:44 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I was saying that maybe NiGHTS and Reala "kiss and make up" at the end. More like.."Make out", though.

Make out..... I don't think so. :blink:

But seriously, wait 'till you hear my piece on DreamCast. That's all I'm saying. :blink:

#18252 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Deep Loner on 26 September 2007 - 12:35 AM in Community Corner

DiGi back in his heyday. Private lols i'm afraid ^^;

;) Oh, I thought you were talking about me. ^_^

#18239 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Deep Loner on 25 September 2007 - 10:48 PM in Community Corner

A very funny rant by a very funny person.

Oh, please, do tell us more. ;)

#15321 Do you want to appear on DreamCast?

Posted by Deep Loner on 05 September 2007 - 01:31 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Ah, I'd sell my copy of Japanese Christmas NiGHTS for a microphone...

You shouldn't have to. If you're from the US, you can get this one for only $5.00, and the sound quality is as great as you could expect from anything higher-priced.

#13429 Do you want to appear on DreamCast?

Posted by Deep Loner on 27 August 2007 - 01:18 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I know I don't post very much at all in the forums, but I promise intelligent, articulate dialog if you pick me. : )

(Also, I have a working, crystal clear microphone, good recording software, and an MP3 encoder, AND I know how to use them! ; P)

#15237 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 September 2007 - 09:05 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I mean sure, it looks splendiferous and all [...].

I was pleasently surprised to see that word in the dictionary. Thanks for teaching me a new word today!

#16046 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Deep Loner on 08 September 2007 - 09:03 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

We should have a petition type thing telling SEGA we want Jackle back!

Yes! We must do a petition! >D

Who's Jackle??? :P :lol:

#16308 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Deep Loner on 10 September 2007 - 08:20 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Who's Jackle??? :P ^_^

Who's Jackle???

WAIT JUST A PIAN-SPITTIN' MINUTE HERE!!!! You do not know who JACKLE IS?!
Just go to devART, man. It's that simple. search him. You ought to find something in there. believe me, I search Jackle on devART over & over again just to find wallpapers and crap like that.

Answer to Deep Loner: Jackle is one of the Nightmaren bosses, initially fought as Claris's third boss fight which happens at the end of the Soft Museum level. Here's the site's art page on him:

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/black/.../jacklemain.htm

Jackle fights on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKso59Yu9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHjXFkbQ5M...ted&search=

Sometimes, somebody can say something so ridiculous that there's no possible way it can be taken seriously. ESPECIALLY IF THE POST ENDS WITH :P :o!!!!!

Oh yeah? You all love Reala so much? Reala can go suck a dorito for all I care.

They should sell that powdered flavoring stuff by itself. That would make sucking Doritos unnecessary. :P :lol: <-- Pay attention to that plese.

#14702 Shoutout Messages

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 September 2007 - 11:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I want to send a virtual high-five to DiGi and TRiPPY; "that is, if you like that kind of thing." :P

I'd also like to shout out to my new friend Tangocat777. Be sure to mention that this shout out is made at exactly, precisely the right time!

#16806 New trailer tonight

Posted by Deep Loner on 14 September 2007 - 02:09 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'll be posting my analysis of the video tomorrow.

In the meantime, however, one would think that a big web name like IGN would have some halfway decent programmers on staff. The "Insiders Only" content (for right-click to download) is protected by nothing more than a JavaScript onClick() routine. Which means that if you want to download the high resolution Windows Media and QuickTime videos, all you need to do is disable JavaScript, refresh the page, right-click and download.

In Internet Explorer, this is as simple as adding ign.com to the "Untrusted Sites" zone.

#16060 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 09 September 2007 - 01:21 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Posted Image

That's foreign. There's no way that can be marketable.

Those are delicious-looking doughnuts! And... uh, chocolate-almond dipping sauce! :lol:

#15508 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 05 September 2007 - 06:16 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

They should sooo have a download to do this with the mouse all the time.

That reminds me.

When I finish reinstalling all of the software on my hard drive, I'm going to make a Windows Media Version of the video trailer on the site. Just because I can. ^_^ And also so anyone who wants to can make a JoD AMV.

Also, would anyone like to be able to run the Flash files off of their hard drive?

#14751 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 September 2007 - 04:25 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

And Deep Loner, I wouldn't be surprised... :angry:;

Hey! Don't look at me! :D

#14701 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 September 2007 - 11:35 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It doesn't seem fair to TRiPPY and DiGi.. it's almost a given that if/when they're offline, something happens that makes the whole NiGHTS fanbase EXPLODE WITH HAPPY.

I seriously wonder if someone very high up at SEGA keeps DOS-ing them? :P

#15586 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 05 September 2007 - 11:50 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Good idea. I know I would totally love to replace dreams dreams with death metal.

Sorry, I can't convert the video without distorting the right edge of the video. This is a problem with the ffdshow decoder that I'm using.

RealPlayer plays it just fine, but RealPlayer can't be used as a source filter for encoding. :blink:

#15621 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 06 September 2007 - 02:06 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Wait, does SoA have a JoD page up yet?

They have this, but compared to the Japanese site it's pretty worthless.

#15894 Japanese JoD site is up!

Posted by Deep Loner on 07 September 2007 - 07:21 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Japan usually comes out with everything first. They seem to be a lot faster and better at making Flash sites too.

Why are all the Japanese such brilliant programmers and artist?

I don't think that the Japanese are necessarily better artists or programmers. Probably, since none of the real development is done in the United States or Europe, SEGA of America and SEGA of Europe basically exist as distribution and marketing companies rather than actual developers, which means that development talent in these companies is going to be limited. In contrast, SEGA of Japan can tap a much larger reserve of talent for something like a Flash site. Regular programming skills are easily transferrable to Flash. The ActionScript language used in Flash is basically EMCAScript (informally known as JavaScript) with a different object framework. ECMAScript (JavaScript) shares much of its syntax with Java, which is very syntactically similar to C++, and either that or regular C is most likely used for SoJ's game programming. So SEGA of Japan has potentially lots of people who could code a Flash application. On the other hand, SEGA of Europe and America probably have a much smaller base of web developers already busy with lots of other work anyway. Some of these developers might even have no idea that Flash is basically just a JavaScript-driven vector graphics engine and be reluctant to work on such a project. There's a tendency among the technially-oriented to view Flash as some kind of mysterious black box that only special kinds of people, like "artists" and "designers", can transform into something useful. Usually it's just because technically-oriented people like myself have no artistic ability whatsoever and so wouldn't be able to do anything useful with something like Flash anyway.

As you might have guessed, I have no idea what would be involved in creating the artistic resources for something like the JoD Flash site, but my guess is that, besides having more artistic talent available, Sega of Japan would also have easier access to whatever art resources arise as a normal part of the development process, thus giving them more to work with and more people to work with it.

It's just the way that the game industry has developed that more of the development resources are in Japan. If JoD were being developed by an American company, it would probably be the other way around.

Also, is there a link from the main Sega of Japan site to the NiGHTS site? I can never find anything there! Not even the search engine helps. I have seen the site and all...I just want to know how anyone found it.

I know that the old Japanese NiGHTS into Dreams website has a link to the JoD site.

#16361 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by Deep Loner on 11 September 2007 - 12:08 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

(bump bump ba-bum bum bump)
*sings Jackle's theme music* :P

Just wondering... any luck remembering where you guys have heard the voice before?

#12748 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by Deep Loner on 25 August 2007 - 12:57 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I never actually intended to post here...

...but does it sound to anyone else like "Hey! He ran off!" was spoken by NiGHTS instead of Will? The voice sounds the same.

#18009 NiGHTS JoD Offscreen video from TGS!

Posted by Deep Loner on 24 September 2007 - 02:40 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I would have to say yeah they do, seeing as it is Sonic team, lead by Iizuka, lead programmer from the original game and the same art designer and music directior from the original.

I remember reading quotes of Naka saying that he would be extra careful making another NiGHTS game because he valued the franchise so much. From what we've seen, the development team seems to be following that philosophy. Sonic Team is being smart enough to expand the game universe little bits at a time instead of reinventing everything all at once – a very strong temptation for imaginative game designers, but an idea that Sonic Team rightly recognizes would prove quite disastrous indeed.