Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Deep Loner's Content

There have been 74 items by Deep Loner (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#19241 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 05:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random NiGHTS Thought: NiGHTSxReala style ending a la KHII? o.O

Please explain for those who (like me) who have never played Kingdom Hearts?

#19131 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 October 2007 - 06:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought: NiGHTS sounds like the chick who sings the Leek spin song. http://leekspin.com/

hows that for random? (WHAT?! I've had it running for like 20 minutes! Its on my mind! :D)

WHAT IS THAT?!? ^_^

Seriously, can somebody identify where that song originally came from?

EDIT: Nevermind. Took me two seconds.

Loituma Girl (also known as Leekspin) is a Flash animation set to a gibberish section of the traditional Finnish folk song "Ievan Polkka" (sometimes misspelled Levan Polka) sung by the Finnish quartet Loituma, taken from their 1995 debut album Things of Beauty.

#19309 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 11:41 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random JOD thought of the day:

With the fluidity of NiGHTS' FMV animation... FMV of NiGHTS vs. Reala would be quite a sight to see. :P

#18848 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 12:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought of the day: I see a small chance that Journey of Dreams might prove to be a prequel to the original NiGHTS into Dreams.

#18701 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 29 September 2007 - 03:38 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I used my skippidy-quick reflexes to snap them from the trailor.

I don't have skippidy-quick reflexes, so I use frame advance. :)

My random thought of the day: JOD will do well, but will underachieve relative to its true potential.

#19458 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 12:44 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I was saying that maybe NiGHTS and Reala "kiss and make up" at the end. More like.."Make out", though.

Make out..... I don't think so. :blink:

But seriously, wait 'till you hear my piece on DreamCast. That's all I'm saying. :blink:

#19553 You say 'uh, hi?', I say 'YO!' *hums to Beatles*

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 11:24 PM in Introduce Yourself

This is a dangerous place. You can't trust anyone here, so watch your back. :blink:

Don't trust him. He's lying. :(

Anyway, welcome.

#18239 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Deep Loner on 25 September 2007 - 10:48 PM in Community Corner

A very funny rant by a very funny person.

Oh, please, do tell us more. ;)

#18252 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Deep Loner on 26 September 2007 - 12:35 AM in Community Corner

DiGi back in his heyday. Private lols i'm afraid ^^;

;) Oh, I thought you were talking about me. ^_^

#17710 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 21 September 2007 - 07:10 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Reason for edit: because i'm a busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i'm a very busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VERY busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VEEEEEERY busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VERY bloody busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a VERY BLOODY busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a very bloody stupidly busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am a very bloody stupidly impossibly busy bunny man
Reason for edit: because i am... *dies from being busy*
Reason for edit: *is dead*
Reason for edit: *died 5 minutes ago*

You know, "bloody busy" sounds to an American like two adjectives (e.g. I'm a very bloody, busy bunny man.), rather than one adjective preceeded by an adverb. I was a bit worried there for a second.

Anyway, DiGi's not dead. He has merely collapsed from dehydration, exhaustion, and low blood sugar. :o

#18127 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 24 September 2007 - 11:14 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Status update:

I was wrong about not being home over the weekend, so I'll have my clip in tomorrow.

#18254 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 26 September 2007 - 12:50 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Posted Image!

P.S. Get well, DiGi.

#18212 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 25 September 2007 - 09:02 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Send everybody an e-mail when the show is finished and online.

I need to create a "How Loud Did You LOL" topic about my segment; not that I don't stand by my predictions (I'm being absolutely serious), but I know that at least some people are going to ROTFL for hours on end, and they'll need an outlet here. ^_^

But don't you DARE give out any spoilers before then, DiGi! ^_^

Edit: Or TRiPPY!

#18467 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 27 September 2007 - 03:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Yeah! Beat the crap out of that window! ...er... ;)

#17780 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 22 September 2007 - 01:57 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I'll post this here just in case somebody has this problem.

If you're using Windows and your microphone is otherwise working correctly, except that your recorded voice is just too soft to be able to hear, try this:
  • Open the Control Panel
  • Select Sounds and Audio Devices
  • Select the tab labeled Voice
  • In the section labeled Voice recording, make sure that your microphone is selected, then click the button labeled Volume
  • In the Recording Control window that appears, open the Options menu and make sure that the Advanced Controls option is selected
  • Click the button at the bottom of the window labeled Advanced
  • In the Advanced Controls for Microphone window that appears, look for a section labeled Other Controls and make sure that the option labeled Microphone Boost is selected
If you're slapping your forehead at this point, don't fret. Microsoft did a good job of burying that necessary option under many mouse clicks. People have actually sent in software bug reports for not knowing how to configure their microphones, so don't worry about it. :lol:

Anyway, enjoy your recording, and feel free to post here or PM me if you need any help! B)

#18133 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 25 September 2007 - 01:25 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Don't quote me on it, but I THINK you have almost 2 weeks.

Yes. DiGi said the same thing to me in a private message, which was three days ago at the time of this writing.

That doesn't mean that you should wait two weeks if you want to be in the show, however...

#17161 Wanna Be On Show 04?

Posted by Deep Loner on 16 September 2007 - 04:39 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Yes.

Edit: I think sending private messages would work better than editing posts; that way we can also be notified by e-mail.

--EDiT--
DiGi - You're in. You'll get a PM from me shortly. Sit tight. :huh:

#18469 The Walkers

Posted by Deep Loner on 27 September 2007 - 04:00 PM in Creative Stuff!

Sounds like a pretty well thought out story!

Personally, I always have a problem with fantasy-esque stories because I always find it difficult to understand the "rules" of what is and isn't possible in the framework of magic and special powers and such. So I always find myself asking, Couldn't he have done ___? or, Why can this character do ___ but not ___?

Your skills seem to be quite above the level of hobbyism (I may have just coined a new word here). Have you been published before? Do you think that your story about The Walkers might be published someday?

#19312 The Power of NiGHTS

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 11:57 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

-If you Google search "NiGHTS getting his ass kicked" you will generate zero results. It just doesn't happen.

Oh really? :P

#19459 The Power of NiGHTS

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 01:03 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

NiGHTS once entered a spitting contest, creating what we now call the Pacific Ocean.

NiGHTS once won a game of Connect Four with only three moves.

One day NiGHTS decided to play a game of Dance Dance Revolution while vacationing on an ocean liner. During a particularly upbeat portion of one of the songs, he accidently triggered the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake of 2004.

NiGHTS's fighting record is one billion seven hundred fifty-four million four hundred fifty-three thousand four hundred twenty-three wins and only one loss. I am the only person ever to successfully kick NiGHTS's ass.

#18868 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 03:37 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image
OLYMPICS 2008 — NiGHTS is disqualified from the long jump event. (Photo: IGN)

#19245 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 06:32 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image
Hey there! Come over and view my webcam!

[spoiler]Please don't ban me! : (

#19133 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 October 2007 - 06:55 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I was going to make a Super NiGHTS Galaxy logo but failed.

Anyway, we need another image!

#17887 Sorry, forgot to introduce myself...

Posted by Deep Loner on 23 September 2007 - 02:13 AM in Introduce Yourself

...after thirty-two posts. I'm so sorry! :lol:

Anyway, my online name is Deep Loner and my real name is Jonathan. I'm twenty-four years old and will soon begin studying for an Associate of Specialized Business Degree in Computer Science and Programming.

I like to be silly sometimes, but everybody tells me that I have a dry sense of humor, that I'm too serious, and that I need to lighten up. Besides the aforementioned silliness, I try to post only when I think I have something important to offer, which means that I will probably post less frequently than others. Sometimes I'll make a long, rambling post that nobody pays attention to anyway. <_< My thinking is very logical and pragmatic. My precision with spelling, grammar, and accuracy at times tends toward pedantry, which means that I might make dozens of minor edits to even the simplest posts.

I remember when NiGHTS into Dreams came out, but did not actually play the game until 2002. My fascination with NiGHTS was centered around its fictional universe per se rather than the actual game; as a result, I finished the game very quickly and did not spend much time looking for replay value. At the time I was not the kind of person who would spend time perfecting aerial maneuvers or running up high scores. I like to think that my gaming tastes have matured since then.

My nickname "Deep Loner" is anachronistic; I was certainly a deep loner during childhood and adolescence, but am so no longer.

#14702 Shoutout Messages

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 September 2007 - 11:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I want to send a virtual high-five to DiGi and TRiPPY; "that is, if you like that kind of thing." :P

I'd also like to shout out to my new friend Tangocat777. Be sure to mention that this shout out is made at exactly, precisely the right time!