Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Deep Loner's Content

There have been 74 items by Deep Loner (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#19553 You say 'uh, hi?', I say 'YO!' *hums to Beatles*

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 11:24 PM in Introduce Yourself

This is a dangerous place. You can't trust anyone here, so watch your back. :blink:

Don't trust him. He's lying. :(

Anyway, welcome.

#19552 Sentence Random Fragmentation Game

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 10:50 PM in Community Corner

Regarding enjoying books, regardless, the upside and its downside it does have indeed: rightside up and upside down, respectively.

Like, duh! :blink:

Were you wondering what to call health of criminal daughter logger duo toy in underwear? Homeostasisterhoodlumberjackintheboxershorts!

#19527 Persona Forms Revealed !

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 08:17 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

New Screen Shots!
http://kotaku.com/photogallery/nights104/

Can we get a translation of what the owl is saying in one of the pics?

Even something primitive would be helpful.

#19523 Sentence Random Fragmentation Game

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 07:42 PM in Community Corner

I am not understanding. What is it that happens concerning us and you of rhinoplasty and pie-eating years-collected fakieness? Greater badnesses my parents are having been knowing of superlatively immature boy and girl persons newly reproduced out of former gravidae! :(

Also, Bonzi77, man (to be supposed of gender) of attempting deletion to the Nightopia was not being eating ingrediant that is cow-containing pie property of llamas in the moonlit sun of Jupiter! A more ridiculous preposterousness have you never heard, yes? Pie is of being having main ingrediant of llamas which llamas property of bulls (nota bene being other than cows) formerly proceded to be, and eaten in sunlit moon of Jupiter it is! Toward instructor of science of you my irateness that presently posession of emotion of my person is is for of moonlit suns existing having said! :lol:

Edit: Ooh, now understanding I am, submas13! "The greatest evil yon parents have ever known," other than pronoun "me" be modifying, address of vocative usage towards audience being directed is! The only logical one of the hermeneutical possibilities that one is! ^_^

#19459 The Power of NiGHTS

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 01:03 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

NiGHTS once entered a spitting contest, creating what we now call the Pacific Ocean.

NiGHTS once won a game of Connect Four with only three moves.

One day NiGHTS decided to play a game of Dance Dance Revolution while vacationing on an ocean liner. During a particularly upbeat portion of one of the songs, he accidently triggered the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake of 2004.

NiGHTS's fighting record is one billion seven hundred fifty-four million four hundred fifty-three thousand four hundred twenty-three wins and only one loss. I am the only person ever to successfully kick NiGHTS's ass.

#19458 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 12:44 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I was saying that maybe NiGHTS and Reala "kiss and make up" at the end. More like.."Make out", though.

Make out..... I don't think so. :blink:

But seriously, wait 'till you hear my piece on DreamCast. That's all I'm saying. :blink:

#19457 An idea I had just now

Posted by Deep Loner on 04 October 2007 - 12:34 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Would someone please be kind enough to mirror that file somewhere else?

I was getting 3KB/s until the server timed out... :blink:

#19312 The Power of NiGHTS

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 11:57 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

-If you Google search "NiGHTS getting his ass kicked" you will generate zero results. It just doesn't happen.

Oh really? :P

#19309 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 11:41 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random JOD thought of the day:

With the fluidity of NiGHTS' FMV animation... FMV of NiGHTS vs. Reala would be quite a sight to see. :P

#19247 A NiGHTS JoD tribute video I put together! ^_^

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 06:40 PM in Creative Stuff!

A very nice little clip you put together there.

One thing I especially paid attention to: it takes effort to use Windows Movie Maker and create something that doesn't suck. The special effects you chose clearly weren't random, but were carefully chosen to complement the video. I especially liked the flash in the beginning synchronized to the music.

I also enjoyed the comparisons between the JoD and NiD footage.

Overall, very nice work.

#19245 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 06:32 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image
Hey there! Come over and view my webcam!

[spoiler]Please don't ban me! : (

#19241 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 05:51 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random NiGHTS Thought: NiGHTSxReala style ending a la KHII? o.O

Please explain for those who (like me) who have never played Kingdom Hearts?

#19240 Hey all!

Posted by Deep Loner on 02 October 2007 - 05:47 PM in Introduce Yourself

Well, hello!

#19133 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 October 2007 - 06:55 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I was going to make a Super NiGHTS Galaxy logo but failed.

Anyway, we need another image!

#19131 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 01 October 2007 - 06:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought: NiGHTS sounds like the chick who sings the Leek spin song. http://leekspin.com/

hows that for random? (WHAT?! I've had it running for like 20 minutes! Its on my mind! :D)

WHAT IS THAT?!? ^_^

Seriously, can somebody identify where that song originally came from?

EDIT: Nevermind. Took me two seconds.

Loituma Girl (also known as Leekspin) is a Flash animation set to a gibberish section of the traditional Finnish folk song "Ievan Polkka" (sometimes misspelled Levan Polka) sung by the Finnish quartet Loituma, taken from their 1995 debut album Things of Beauty.

#18871 New Screens

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 03:51 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It's possible that they were only using low-polygon-count models so that the developers responsible for animation and cinematics have something to work with. It is quite easy to substitute a higher-quality model; I doubt that the final product will look like that.

#18868 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 03:37 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image
OLYMPICS 2008 — NiGHTS is disqualified from the long jump event. (Photo: IGN)

#18862 Greetings!

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 02:49 AM in Introduce Yourself

He's recruiting into his cult following. ;)

#18848 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 30 September 2007 - 12:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Random thought of the day: I see a small chance that Journey of Dreams might prove to be a prequel to the original NiGHTS into Dreams.

#18839 Greetings!

Posted by Deep Loner on 29 September 2007 - 11:22 PM in Introduce Yourself

I'm [primarily] a Nintendo fan [...]

Hehe... let's see if the numbers add up.

[...] my favorite games are

• [NES] Mega Man 2 (1-6, really)
  • [NES] Super Mario Bros.
  • [GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • [GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • [GEN] Sonic & Knuckles
  • [GEN] Vectorman
  • [SAT] NiGHTS Into Dreams
  • [N64] Super Mario 64
  • [360] Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved

Hmm... seems like you're really a SEGA fan after all! :P :D ;)

I'm just having a little fun, don't take it too seriously.

Welcome to the forums.

PS: You mentioned being a "computer nerd". Do you know how to program? If so, in what language(s)? Also, where can we see some of your Flash work?

PPS: Well, I clicked on the picture, and I see you know at least C++, Java, and Visual Basic. You also use Linux, which graduates you from nerd to geek. :)

PPPS: Which Linux distro do you use? (Final postscriptum, I promise.) Edit: It's on your signature! Wow I feel stupid. :(

#18836 HORNS or HAT?

Posted by Deep Loner on 29 September 2007 - 11:09 PM in Poll Area

They don't blow just a little in JoD...his hat is almost never in it's usual position while he's flying.

That would certainly rule out horns... but I never noticed that. ;) I'll have to pay more careful attention from now on.

...wait, what?

That's exactly what I was thinking about what you wrote. :P

#18701 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Deep Loner on 29 September 2007 - 03:38 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I used my skippidy-quick reflexes to snap them from the trailor.

I don't have skippidy-quick reflexes, so I use frame advance. :)

My random thought of the day: JOD will do well, but will underachieve relative to its true potential.

#18695 HORNS or HAT?

Posted by Deep Loner on 29 September 2007 - 03:30 AM in Poll Area

I have observed also that it flaps in the wind, but only a little bit. If the whole thing were more than a hat, we would expect considerably more variation of motion, especially if there was nothing or only hair underneath.

I'm certain that this has been suggested before, but what about the possibility of horns beneath the hat? The Japanese title DREAMDEMON suggests the possibility of horns, and while it is true that not all artistic rendetions of demons possess horns, it is common enough for serious consideration.

It is true that some of SEGA's concept art sketches show the "hat" standing upright. As far as I know, however, this never happens in the actual game; those drawings thus have no more canonical authority than the super skinny or midget NiGHTS designs considered for use in Journey of Dreams. Of course, however, a definite conclusion cannot be reached without authoritive evidence of the intentions of the design team, but I feel that a hat over horns stands as a substantial possibility.

Thoughts?

#18474 Release Dates Confirmed

Posted by Deep Loner on 27 September 2007 - 04:35 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

<< >> I think it's stupid that there's a release date difference. Besides, Europe, this means if there's a ZOMG FATAL BUG with our games you guys might be able to get a fix. You luckies. xD; . I'm not gonna be happy if Europe gets it first. Not happy if US gets it first. Not happy if Japan gets it. I don't think there's any reason the US, Japan, or Europe should get it before any other country does, but SEGA has a financial chart like they always do, and that's basically what it is >>...

I'm not convinced that this is because of financial reasons. Releasing a game in the first quarter of the year instead of the fourth quarter of the previous year is a poor strategy in any market.

The delay might have something to do with the technical differences between European and Japanese/American television formats. Japan and America use NTSC, which runs at 59.94 Hz (or 29.97 full frames per second) with 486 scanlines visible out of 525. Europe uses PAL, which runs at 50 Hz (or 25 full frames per second) with 576 scanlines visible out of 625. Although this is a programming problem that should have been solved a long time ago, it's possible that adapting the game for PAL televisions is the reason for the delay in Europe.

Here is a video that shows what happens when a developer doesn't correct for the differences between PAL and NTSC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0llsb77Esc

#18469 The Walkers

Posted by Deep Loner on 27 September 2007 - 04:00 PM in Creative Stuff!

Sounds like a pretty well thought out story!

Personally, I always have a problem with fantasy-esque stories because I always find it difficult to understand the "rules" of what is and isn't possible in the framework of magic and special powers and such. So I always find myself asking, Couldn't he have done ___? or, Why can this character do ___ but not ___?

Your skills seem to be quite above the level of hobbyism (I may have just coined a new word here). Have you been published before? Do you think that your story about The Walkers might be published someday?