Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Lavos's Content

There have been 42 items by Lavos (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12347 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Lavos on 23 August 2007 - 05:20 AM in Community Corner

"Clocks (Deep Dish Remix)" by Coldplay/Deep Dish.

This remix pwns.

#12365 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Lavos on 23 August 2007 - 07:10 AM in Community Corner

Good call! Coldplay is my favorite band (along with Gorillaz)! Guess what I'm listening to... ;)

Clocks -- Coldplay

=D

"If You're Not the One" by Daniel Bedingfield.

<3 this song.

#5729 New NiGHTS Homebrew Game!

Posted by Lavos on 20 May 2007 - 05:17 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've been thinking about the 'Return to goal' conditions. The only time I dont have fun with the game is when you've missed one item and you spend a whole lap flying around looking for that last one, missing it because its higher/lower then you were flying etc. Its annoying. the original didnt have that problem, because the game structure wasnt the same (it wasnt about collecting everything). Maybe have the return to goal come up when theres 5 or less items, but if you collect them all, you get a bonus (points, links, 15 secs instead of 10?). Not a biggie, but its a thought.

What if, after collecting a item, a semi-transparent ghost of the object that can't be collected remains? That way, you can still find your way around the track.

Excellent job on the game. Loads of potential right there, and rather addicting... I think I'll play it again. Aaand again. XD

#3232 Sega Splash! Golf

Posted by Lavos on 01 May 2007 - 08:47 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Fourth...next there will be Tenneis, soccer, bowling, DDR, stripping, cooking---Wait WHAT?! (Seriously no Sega. Please don't...)

COOKiNG MAMA into Dreams? :o
Posted Image
(credit goes to my sister :D)

#1585 NiGHTS' new look

Posted by Lavos on 27 April 2007 - 04:46 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I personally am for the change. It makes him/her look a bit more grown up, and I think most people who've never heard of NiGHTS before would be more likely to pick JoD off the shelves on impulse with the new design rather than the old.

The only thing I dislike is that it makes NiGHTS seem a lot more male that the original design, not good for an androgynous character.

And I do like DiGi's idea of multiple costumes. Perhaps there could be something where you can "unlock" costume pieces, either by finding them in a stage or by achieving a certain goal, an then you can assemble the individual pieces any way you choose? Like Bomberman 64, you know...?

#63 Do you want to appear on DreamCast?

Posted by Lavos on 25 April 2007 - 07:18 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

I'd like to sign as well.

I really enjoyed the first show, and would love to contribute to future 'casts. <_<

#1686 Getting Lucid

Posted by Lavos on 27 April 2007 - 08:48 PM in Dream Discussion

By the way, I reccomend www.ld4all.com for lucid dreamers, the forum's got a huge wealth of information that makes for a lot of interesting reading.

Anyway, I found some really odd method by complete accident which has boosted my dream recall and lucidity rate dramatically.

I'm just going to quote my post on ld4all:

1. Find a good Lucid Dreaming hyponsis-type mp3 and load it to an mp3 player/iPod/etc. Make sure to make it in it's own folder if you don't want to be waken up by the next track if you fall asleep.
2. Get to bed at a decent time, of course. 10:30 is good.
3. While in bed I do something to keep my mind going. My favorite activity is a nice, long, run at Chip's Challenge on the Atari Lynx. :P Obviously, you can read a book too.
4. Once you get really tired and it's hard to focus (usually 30-45 minutes for me), lie down, slip on your headphones/earbuds and play the track you loaded into your media player. If you fall asleep, that's fine.

I might just be completely insane, but this works great for me. I'm also pretty good at WILDing, but waking up in the middle of the night is quite rare for me, and I tend to sleep through my alarm clock anyway, so...

#6979 How do YOU Pronounce Reala?

Posted by Lavos on 03 June 2007 - 03:46 AM in Poll Area

Ree-AL-uh.

I've always tied him in with "Reality", so I pronounce it like that.

#527 So, how did you get into NiGHTS?

Posted by Lavos on 25 April 2007 - 09:15 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

The first time I heard of it was from a friend of mine on the Nintendo NSider forums, back in the Loudhouse thread. He mentioned it, posted a screen, and made a short blurb on how much fun he was having with it.

One year later, I play Sonic Adventure, find the pinball level, and remember that post. I thought this would look like a fun game to buy.

Six months later, I find the game at Goodwill, and around the same time, I get a Sega Saturn from my sister for Christmas.

And from there, I loved the game, and found this website through Wikipedia. And that's where I am now. :P

#48 So who's keeping sane then?

Posted by Lavos on 25 April 2007 - 05:11 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Well, of course, I jumped onto the NiD bandwagon rather late. As such, my opinion might differ significantly from others because I haven't been playing, analyzing, writing, and drawing about the game for eleven years.

But anyway, I can roughly compare the situation to one of a SNES game that was my favorite videogame before I discovered NiGHTS... Chrono Trigger. The game was accepted wonderfully, I loved it, just about everyone else who played it loved it, and demand for a sequel was high. So the PlayStation sequel "Chrono Cross" was released. It was horrible, completely twisted up the excellent story of CT, and was just kinda boring. And what's kinda funny is that most fans, when discussing the story, characters, etc, just pretend that Cross doesn't exist. And we say we're still waiting for the "real" CT sequel.

I really think a similar thing will happen should Journey of Dreams crash and burn. We'll accept it as a mistake and move on, hoping that the next one pulls it off. If it works, if it's the sequel NiD deserves, wonderful. But otherwise, it'll just be another waiting game.

It may just be that I've only waited a year, but I'm not terribly worried.

#5536 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Lavos on 17 May 2007 - 07:48 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Personally, I'd like to see a heaven/hell dream (like the Digital Dimension course in Sonic Riders, or to a lesser extent, Chapter 7 of Super Paper Mario).

I've always found those kinds of stages rather interesting.

#5714 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Lavos on 20 May 2007 - 01:03 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

A factory... a circus... global warming... I think we're getting a little too mundane in our ideas. The dreamscapes need to be way more fantastical than this.

Looking at all the dreamscapes and thinking about what Iizuka-san has said in interviews, I've concluded that the dreamscapes in NiD and JoD all come down to three things: A) Keep it general -- the things that anyone would dream about, :P Keep it fantastical -- like the floating windmills and the rubber buildings, and C) Keep it open and free -- the better for NiGHTS to fly.

I'd like to go back to the outer space idea I proposed that the thread's beginning. Unfortunately, that has a problem -- when the time as NiGHTS runs out, where are the kids going to land? It's not quite as important, but ground exploration needs to be possible in the event that the counter winds down. The only exception in NiD was in Twin Seeds, but all that really did was add difficulty, which is permissible in a game's final level.

I'm trying to come up with something to fit this criteria, but all I'm seeing is a level above the clouds. There's a lot of space for NiGHTS to fly around in, and the kids could walk on the clouds. But how would that idea be spiced up? There's a lot of stuff on the earth and a lot of stuff in space, but there isn't a whole lot in between, is there? Any ideas?

There could be airplanes flying around the stage that would hurt NiGHTS if he hit them, and the kids could jump on and ride. Or large birds.

Or... random thought that just popped into my head. A small town that rests on the clouds, with people/pians going about their daily commute. Hmm...

#5730 Personal Dreamscapes

Posted by Lavos on 20 May 2007 - 05:31 AM in Dream Discussion

There is one dreamscape that I've visited a few times, all while lucid.

It looks like the street I live on, except the road is replaced with a dark, frozen river, and the street is lined with sakura trees.

It looks really neat. :P

#10237 EXPRESS THE GLEE

Posted by Lavos on 07 August 2007 - 01:03 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image

...no, wait. I can do better than that.

Posted Image

#3659 The NiGHTS Comics!

Posted by Lavos on 03 May 2007 - 12:14 AM in Poll Area

The only thing I enjoyed about them is that Gillwing got promoted to "The Gillwing".

So poo. >.<

#12279 TONS OF NEW EXCLUSIVE INFO

Posted by Lavos on 22 August 2007 - 09:45 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

GLEE.

For some reason, the "world hub" thing got me more excited than anything.

...what? I like world hubs. ;_;

#3017 How many people have you met that know of NiGHTS?

Posted by Lavos on 01 May 2007 - 01:46 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Heh, one, not counting my friends/family that I introduced the game to.

It was an employee at my local GameStop, who showed me a list of upcoming Wii releases, including NiGHTS: JoD. When I mentioned that I was a big fan of the Saturn title and was planning to pick up JoD, he said that I was the first customer that looked at the list and even heard about NiGHTS. He also said he was really shocked that not many people came in and never heard of it (which I was too).

#12305 TONS OF NEW EXCLUSIVE INFO

Posted by Lavos on 23 August 2007 - 12:19 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Did Lode Runner 2 do this to you? XP

Yeah... sorta.

I hacked the World Hub level file and made my own. XD

#2589 Ol' Six Hands

Posted by Lavos on 29 April 2007 - 08:57 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't know.. if Reala is in charge in this game, I don't know where Wizeman would fit in. Unless he made some kind of a cut scene appearance. :o

I read that up to 'cut' and than thought of the boss battle in Donkey Kong 64 where you battle a cardboard cutout of King K. Rool.

Which gave me the idea that maaaaybe... If Reala's in charge, he could create a fake 'puppet' Wizeman that you do battle with, and you don't know it's a fake until after you take it down. And then... that's when you realize Reala's behind it all! :o

Just a thought. XD They were saying they were putting a lot of emphasis on plot, so I expect to see those kinds of things...

#5715 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Lavos on 20 May 2007 - 01:05 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

When I'm going for score, I despise Jackle to no end. 1.2 multipliers KILL. ._.

But as far as the characters go, it would be Gulpo. He just didn't seem to have a personality.

#9293 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

Posted by Lavos on 10 July 2007 - 01:10 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Looks great, but I'm not to keen on the behind-the-back camera angle. Gameplay looks a little slow too, but that could all be just for trailer purposes.

But NIGHTMARE LOOKS INCREDIBLE. :)

#5772 Wizeman's Worst

Posted by Lavos on 20 May 2007 - 06:52 PM in Poll Area

Gah. The torandoes.

I don't even think NiGHTS' head fits through that small gap. >_<;

#276 N-GAMER Interview

Posted by Lavos on 25 April 2007 - 05:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Yeah, I had that trouble too. I was afraid it was just me.

You know when you could latch on to a mini maren, hit a button, and it'd go flying into the distance? That's the Touch Dash.
The Touch Loop was when you grabbed onto a maren a pivoted aound it in a circle around it to kill the enemy. Major time-waster, but pretty fun.

So, about the article, it makes me grin a lot. From the looks of things, everything's going great so far. We'll have to see what we can get later on, though. They've still got so much to do in so little time... ._.

Anyway... it might just be me, but I really didn't find the original NiD's controls to be terribly user friendly. It took me a while to get it down... maybe it's just 'cause I never got the analog controller.

#3241 Sleep Walking

Posted by Lavos on 01 May 2007 - 09:24 PM in Dream Discussion

I have more than a few stories about my sisters sleepwalking/talking.

A lot of them involving things like crying because of wasted orange juice and waking up in the middle of June yelling "I'm so glad it's Christmas Eve!". XD

Myself, I tend to start crying in my sleep, for completely irrational nonlucid dream-related reasons. Like my mom ripping up a whole bunch of cardboard boxes. And there being no Cratermaze sequel. (which is sad, anyway.)

Oh, and Hill Top Zone is evil. ;_;

#10128 Show 3 online

Posted by Lavos on 06 August 2007 - 06:41 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Good job on this one, guys. ^.^

Interviews were great, and the opening had me laughing my head off. XD

Btw, I missed you guys. ^_^

Not that Right Said Fred ain't good, but it's just not the same.