Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Umber's Content

There have been 3 items by Umber (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3312 Hi-Hi-Hi, Me Little Droogies!

Posted by Umber on 02 May 2007 - 12:16 AM in Introduce Yourself

Haha, I just finished Clockwork Orange last week and got all giddy at the nadsat in your thread title. Still haven't seen the film! There's actually a nadsat dictionary online (http://soomka.com/nadsat.html), though I think it's more fun to figure it out for yourself. It's really cool how Burgess uses it, and how it influences how you read the book. Aaand I could go on it's awesome books are fun. <3

HI PURG. Happy to see you here and modding and yesssss. Also, the comicing sounds awesome! Hope to see more of your art on the board!

#3391 I draw things

Posted by Umber on 02 May 2007 - 05:43 AM in Creative Stuff!

I figure I may as well just post all my stuff up at once, since I'm sporadic with my devart gallery and I guess it's probably just easier this way.

Oekakis!
old old old

Yes.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
I draw teeth YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME.

\m/
Posted Image
...somehow I managed to mess up the horns.

DRAWINGS:
I don't want to mess up your screens, so text links only this time. D:
Reala for Mary!
Jackle for DB!

...there are some other things, but I don't think I have them up in my photobucket account. I'll edit them in later.

#3387 Umberisumberisumber

Posted by Umber on 02 May 2007 - 05:20 AM in Introduce Yourself

I'm generally not one for intro posts, but there's a whole subforum and I guess it's better than sneaking back in and I-I-I hay guyz I'm back.

Anyway, I'm Umber, and have always been Umber, or at least since I was...geez, I think 13? Maybe 12?It used to be Land Umber, like from Seiken Densetsu III but then shortened to dissociate origin because I felt lame but didn't want to to come up with a whole new name. THE MORE YOU KNOW. I am an 18-going-on-19 United States-person!

Hm. I like video games and comics and cartoons and books and dreaming and rahrahrahhhdklsdjf, I didn't really know much about NiGHTS or get very involved with any of its communities until, um, I think a couple years ago. I've always been a Nintendo devotee since I was a wee Umber playing Dr. Mario on the NES, and while I did and still have my Genesis my brother and I sort of skipped the Saturn and Dreamcast at that round of the Great Console Wars. But I remember NiGHTS when it came out and having my dreams crushed by that awful egg-clock when I demoed it at the malls, and when I was in highschool it came up in conversation and in a fit of nostalgia and curiousity I looked it up and did some fanart and wound up buying an old Saturn with the game and started playing it. I've barely improved since when I was 8 *tear*.

Besides the minor nostalgia, I think conceptially the game is absolutely magical and I think Sega did an amazing job of the freeness of flying with what was available at the time. I phrase it like that because I am way exuberant about what they will do with the Wii. Eeee the Wii. Also DREAMS DREAMS COME ON THE CONCEPT IS PURE GENIOUS.

OH YES. ...I am also a master of retarded oekaki and I draw thingsss.

I'm basically just vomiting on my keyboard right now and I don't really know what else to say. I am primarily a lurker and sneak in and out of threads. I am frequently unintentionally anti-social and GENERALLY DO NOT SOUND THIS NICE. But have a nice day!