Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tyson Toast's Content

There have been 44 items by Tyson Toast (Search limited from 21-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#5705 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Tyson Toast on 19 May 2007 - 10:04 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've never had a problem defeating a boss, NiGHTS isn't really the hardest game in town after all. If I had to choose a boss I hated most it would have to be Gulpo though, just for sheer boringness. I hope they have some really puzzling bosses in Journey of Dreams, I want a boss that you have to re-figure out if you face it again, and bosses that don't appear the first time you play through, and instead randomly appear after a certain ammount of "NiGHTS". Yes, I do know I'm being delirious, but I can dream.

#7339 Your gender

Posted by Tyson Toast on 07 June 2007 - 03:43 PM in Poll Area

For me, it boils down to this: Everyone loves a good story. It doesn't matter if the story is a movie, a book, a video game, a comic strip; it doesn't matter if someone is male, female, straight, gay, fat, petite, white, black, brown, yellow or retarded. Everybody loves a good story.

The reason why we are here, the reason why we love NiGHTS is because it has a good story. Not just the story it tells, but the story we make up for it. The little details and metaphors that we are left to interpret.

Bottom line: NiGHTS has a good story. You don't have to be of either gender to appreciate that.

That's funny, I always found the story a bit underwhelming. I just like it for the music and atmosphere.

I'm sure you can guess my gender.

#5787 Wizeman's Worst

Posted by Tyson Toast on 20 May 2007 - 10:38 PM in Poll Area

It's always the flying rocks which get me. They always spawn directly on top of me, destroying my chances of getting a 2.0 on the multiplier.

#20866 What is your favorite NiGHTS song?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 14 October 2007 - 08:55 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Dreams Dreams in Silent Memory/ Non-Silent Memory and Soft Museum are in my top 20 iPod songs, topped only by Radiohead, Utada Hikaru and Michael Jackson.

#9335 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 10 July 2007 - 03:19 AM in Poll Area

As a child I saw him as a female because of the purpleness/narrow-minded childishness, in the same kind of disturbing way I thought Knuckles the Echidna was a female. Now I see it as more of a male due to the lack of female features, however, if I was asked in a test I'd obviously say androgynous.

Oh yeah, and I'm a male.

#6935 What do you love to do in a dream?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 02 June 2007 - 09:20 PM in Dream Discussion

I do stupid things once I get lucid. I always end up trying "get down" with everyone and wake up. For some reason, my characters resist me. I try to tell them they're my bitch, but it doesn't work.

#7161 What do you love to do in a dream?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 04 June 2007 - 10:18 PM in Dream Discussion

Yep, I'm terrible for my teenage-hood. Anything on legs man, anything on legs.

#6829 Vote! Dreamcast or Wii?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 01 June 2007 - 03:57 AM in Poll Area

Due to the Dreamcasts low sales, it's unlikely the game would have been commercial success, which would do anything but open the door for more sequels. It'd be just like the original NiGHTS; released onto a dying console and thrown into obscurity.

NiGHTS is like a monument to SEGA's gambling attitude in a way.

#6681 Topic of Rumination: What is Reala's Line?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 30 May 2007 - 09:42 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I was just about to suggest the fact that it's a Japanese game, then you came and stole my thunder. Random stuff which pops into my head when i listen to it and makes no sense in ANY language consists of crap like "Paris mower, NiGHTS" and "Maris Noah, NiGHTS". All that's really certain is the NiGHTS bit. I do like the sound of having a weekly Paris Mower Night though.

#12311 TONS OF NEW EXCLUSIVE INFO

Posted by Tyson Toast on 23 August 2007 - 02:11 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't know why everyone's crying about the female voice. In animation, games and all the like, male children are usually voiced by women. Look at Bart Simpson for example. Women are more versatile because they lack one burdening appendage us guys have.

#6679 The new nightmaren minions

Posted by Tyson Toast on 30 May 2007 - 09:27 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, if "Wizeman" is as "wise" as you would be led to believe, then I'd think he'd whip out some new minions with new strategies to stop the same fate that befell him in his last venture of world domination.

#9850 The boss we've seen in the footage...

Posted by Tyson Toast on 12 July 2007 - 12:25 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It wouldn't surprise me if they did call it Fuckle, consisering their Brain Age clone called people retards.

#5630 So, how many of you haven't actually played NiGHTS?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 18 May 2007 - 09:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I never expected this many NiGHTS fans to have not played the game. There's probably more art lover only fans than copies of the game purchased.

#1716 Shoutout Messages

Posted by Tyson Toast on 27 April 2007 - 09:19 PM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

Tell everyone Tyson says hi. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

#15185 Recommend a game!

Posted by Tyson Toast on 04 September 2007 - 11:59 AM in Community Corner

One word:"OUENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" Best rythm action game ever. For the DS.

#7163 Personal Dreamscapes

Posted by Tyson Toast on 04 June 2007 - 10:30 PM in Dream Discussion

My dreams always occur in regular places, such as my house, but they appear in a way that suits my ideals and taste. My house is pretty average-suburban-huge-christmas tree like in reality, with common bushes and drab black gates. However, in my dreams the bushes will be 18 foot tall and a beautiful deep green, the gates large and elegant, and all lighting is intimate and absorbing.

You have to be there to appreciate it, but I don't really have a dreamscspe that reccurs for me.

Oh wait, dream pad? It looks like a friggin' SA book.

#36731 Okay, What the Flip?

Posted by Tyson Toast on 20 January 2008 - 09:21 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I had this really stupid camera glitch with Helen's Sky Concert DX
I was flying along, until it got to the first 3 notes in a row, when the camera just fell out of place and flew in front of NiGHTS. It is annoying because I lose a lot of notes and the Bar thing goes ahead of me.. a lot. I hope the problem is not when my dad ejected the game while I was away that killed the camera... He doesn't like how much my Wii hums DX
Atleast I already got an A on that mission...
And I'm playing with a Gamecube controller. I have no other controllers plugged in. DX

And my Wii like, doesn't overheat. I can leave it on for a month and it's fine. What the heck is the problem? D:

Leave it on for a month? You might not think it's doing any damage, but I'm sure something will give on the inside eventually.

#10447 NiGHTS Voice Actor...

Posted by Tyson Toast on 08 August 2007 - 04:21 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I can do androgynous. My voice cracks from time to time, representing the woman inside of me trying to get out, while the man inside of me puts on a fake deep voice to maintain the little dignity he has left.

#10511 NiGHTS Voice Actor...

Posted by Tyson Toast on 08 August 2007 - 01:39 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

The only way voice acting would work is if he speaks like a Pokemon. You know it makes sense.

#6030 NiGHTS composer working on Smash Bros score

Posted by Tyson Toast on 22 May 2007 - 12:51 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

In the advent of the new Smash Bros Brawl site, a large list of people employed for the Smash score was publicised. The vast majority of the list consists purely of videogame composing veterans, spanning from the composer of Actraiser's soundtrack to Nintendo's musical legend, Koji Kondo.

Among the list was NiGHTS' melody man, <insert name here>. This considered it is highly possible that NiGHTS will feature in the Brawl as one of the mentioned three third party combattents. Of course it's just speculation, but with the praising comments from Shigeru Miyamoto towards NiGHTS, and the new Wii exclusive NiGHTS game, it's one worth pondering.

www.Smashbros.com

#6398 NiGHTS composer working on Smash Bros score

Posted by Tyson Toast on 27 May 2007 - 09:31 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

This is why I strictly put "highly possible" as opposed to probable. I know it's not likely at all, but it's nice to think of what could have been.

#6037 NiGHTS composer working on Smash Bros score

Posted by Tyson Toast on 22 May 2007 - 04:28 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Actually, Kingdom Hearts is on GBA (and probably my favorite of the 3 KH games, at that) and Streets of Rage is on the Wii Virtual Console. You're right about Devil May Cry, though.

... unless you count Capcom vs SNK Card Fighters for DS. That has Dante in it.

I don't think they'd bring Virtual Console into the account, and to be honest Streets of Rage doesn't seem full of charismatic and memorable characters. And since Kingdom Hearts is really a Sony centric game there's probably better choices for characters than Sora. Plus due to Copyright issues with Disney and such, that'd be quite a tangly tangle. Of course, it's possible. I mean who honestly would have thought Snake would appear in Brawl?

As for NiGHTS move set, I honestly have no idea, but I also wondered how Snake would fit in, but he seems quite a tasty fit now I think about it. They could always just throw in a different Maren. Gulpo, anyone?

Tomoko Sasaki also composed Ristar, which has appeared on the virtual console... she also gets special thanks in the Space Channel 5 credits and did some work on Feel the Magic... she gets around XD

As for NiGHTS appearing on a Nintendo console, he's had numerous cameos from Sonic Pinball Party to Sonic Riders, and he did have that mini game all to himself in Billy Hatcher.

And Mewtwo flew around the place in Melee, wouldn't be too hard to have him in there.

I still reckon he won't be... but neah.

Well, whether NiGHTS appears in it or not, we'll be getting some tasty soundtracks. Anything like Soft Museum and I'll be content. What gets me is that it specifically mentions NiGHTS, not Feel the Magic or Space Channel 5, which are pretty notable works in themselves.

Another thought that occurred to me is that of NiGHTS levels. Levels like soft museum would be delicious, and they could use it to build hype for the new game while adding free ideas and fan bait, much like they did with the Animal Crossing trophies in Melee.

#6479 NiGHTS composer working on Smash Bros score

Posted by Tyson Toast on 28 May 2007 - 10:50 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd beat my wife for the good of fun.

Wait, I'm not allowed to say that, am I?

#6033 NiGHTS composer working on Smash Bros score

Posted by Tyson Toast on 22 May 2007 - 02:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Nintendo set a requirement for third party places in the game. "The character must have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once". Snake managed to get on due to his debut on the NES (and Hideo Kojima "practically begging" for Snake to appear.) NiGHTS new exclusivity to the Wii makes him a perfect fit. Sure, he hasn't technically appeared on a Nintendo console yet, but since it's known that Sega are giving Nintendo one of their strongest franchises, I doubt that the little technicality is going to be an obstacle.

The appearing on a Nintendo console voids a lot of the franchises there as well. Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry and I'm pretty sure Streets of Rage can't appear in the game because of it, which narrows it down quite significantly.

#6348 New NiGHTS Homebrew Game!

Posted by Tyson Toast on 25 May 2007 - 07:24 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

lol work them out yourself, lazy

Chrono whats happening with the game? It seems to have been down for ages... :(

If it's for the same reason as iPod and iMac then I know it's pointless :blink: