Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Xero's Content

There have been 50 items by Xero (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63040 Staff of Selph 2: *don't have a title yet*

Posted by Xero on 17 September 2008 - 09:08 PM in Planning and Advertising

Hey all. I will most likely join this RP at some point (though I fear without Deraj leading it, it's going to be quite short. No offense meant at all.) but for the moment I have many other sites to deal with, so for the moment... like D, I will only be watching it.

Edit:

Although I will probably not be joining this RP, (I'm too busy with two others.) I will be keeping an eye on it, to help things go smoothly.
I generally don't like handing off my ideas to people that I don't know what they're doing. I feel like it's handing a kid a loaded gun.

Don't worry D, I removed all the bullets. :huh:

*hears one fire into the air*

Except for that one... what?!? It's fun to watch kids play Russian Roulette. jk, jk.

#60952 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 21 August 2008 - 01:41 AM in Planning and Advertising

OMG. *beats face off of desk*

Ban, you're a good writer but you keep basically trying to take charge of the RP. And BTW, incase you need to be informed Wizeman is not an actual person. You're talking like it's someone else's idea when it's yours, which we already pointed out. I'm tired of us telling you we'd like something changed/fixed and then you answering with "wait! I have a plan!"

Please, do as we ask. If you think you have a really good idea PM it to someone in charge (And please don't PM me this time 'cause I'm not in charge of where this RP is going, I can't really help or approve/disapprove anything...)

#59553 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 05 August 2008 - 09:30 PM in Planning and Advertising

*note to self; don't cross Purgatory.*

Here's my profile. Please let me know if there's anything I should/need to change. I have zero problems with editing it. As long as you don't tell me to edit my personality, or Deraj's screwed... lol. (Just use him as you would on BL, lol.) I'm also dyin' to join in the RP now so I'll be looking for an opening ASAP.

Spoiler

Profile:

Name: Ghost

Nickname(s): None

Looks: Ghost is a level 2 maren, who's form resembles a Tenrec* with a more human-like (Over anthro) torso. He's white, almost an albino, except for his arms and part of his face which are a pale beige in colour, which is fitting given his name. He also has jet black eyes. He wears a sleeveless white shirt with black trim that trails in the back, similar to a trenchcoat, as well as a pair of brown slacks and black dress-style shoes.

(*Think like a "sonic" hedgehog but with a narrower face and smaller eyes.)

Special possessions: Wears a silver pendant around his neck with what appears to be a golden-yellow gem, but is actually a yellow ideya sealed inside a glass-like substance.
Spoiler

Weapons: None

Personality: In terms of sarcasm and badmouthing, he's one or two notches below Frostbite. He tries to retain a calm demeanor but has no patience for headgames and they can cause him to snap or do something stupid pretty quickly. He tries to remain professional, but acts immature when something goes wrong, or when Reala angers him.

Loves: N/A

Wants/Wishes: To become a level 1 nightmaren and surpass Reala, who he feels steals his spotlight at every oppurtunity.

Fears/Hates: Reala. He absolutely despises him because he takes credit for his missions and accomplisments by any means possible and is the reason that (he believes) he's never been promoted to a level 1.

Special Abilities: Ghost is actually unable to fly, unlike other Maren, but he does possess an interesting array of powers. In short, his main power is the ability to "phase" through solid objects, or allow them to pass through him harmlessly in the situation of a battle. He's only able to remain in this "phased" state for a short amount of time before his body can't handle it anymore. (10 minutes.) Although short and frequent phases don't affect him nearly as much. This is accomplished by his mind being able to control his atomical structure. He's capable of several other abilities, such as absorbing things into his body structure, or "absorbtion" (usually on elemental based attacks in order to use them against a foe.) He's also capable of a mild form of teleportation by causing his atoms to very quickly move to his intended destination; But this is draining. He's a pretty skilled fighter, but not nearly on the level he believes. NiGHTS or Reala would probably hand him his a** after about 10 minutes (roughly half of that spent in phase time).

Short History:
Ghost is Wizeman's third attempt at an Ideya-maren, having been made from a combination of green, yellow, and blue Ideya (not wanting to use the white Ideya after the Luna failiure.) and as a result is fairly well balanced. He special skills and fighting ability quickly led Wizeman to promote him from level three to level two. With that, Ghost decided to work with the level one, Reala, in an attempt to prove that he can "keep up" with the level ones, in an attempt to be promoted himself. This seemed to be working, until they recieved a large assignment. Despite succeeding on the mission, Reala found a way to twist his words and steal all the credit, making it seem as if Ghost was dead weight. He wasn't present during the comments that were made, and found out about them much later. From that point, he continued to work with Reala only to prove him wrong, and show that he's better than Reala. In truth, however, he isn't nearly on the same level. If he had a chance to show his true skill, he may actually earn the rank of level one, but Wizeman insists on partnering him with Reala so he can "finally improve", and every mission, Reala does the same thing and makes Ghost's prescence on the mission seem insignifficant. Ghost isn't as bad as some of the other Nightmaren that he works with; he doesn't cause random mayhem or problems. He actually feels no true loyalty to Wizeman, but he remains in his service only to surpass Reala.

Strong enemies: Reala; even though Ghost hates him, he continues to work with him.

Light enemies(more like a friendly rival if anything): None

Small friendships(Kind of an acquaintance): None

Close friendships: None.

Themesong: His sonic one doesn't fit anymore... I dunno, "I dare you" by Shinedown? Maybe...

Lyrics: For the sake of not using uneccessary page space, I've simply included a link to the lyrics. Here.

(P.S. Deraj: I got bored and decided to see if SZF still exsists... to my amazement, not only does it exsist, but AWNA is still there, Lol. We should really archive it, XD. Or at least our best posts.)

#59567 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 05 August 2008 - 10:27 PM in Planning and Advertising

Yeah I know. You seem more like the "I'm a nice guy but if you break the rules I'll sh*t on you from such a height you'll think god did it" kind of admin. Lol, jk.

I'll make sure to look over all the rules of the RP forum before I post anything, lol. So no worries there.

#61896 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 31 August 2008 - 07:44 PM in Planning and Advertising

xD

EDIT: Whoops, meant to add more and accidentally clicked send. >.<

Anyways... *hopes D will post since he's on*

#59587 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 06 August 2008 - 12:32 AM in Planning and Advertising

Well, I know that I read page 1, and pages 12-14 I think), but I'll be going back and reading a bit more. The ones I read gave me enough info to create a character based on the RP though, and gave me a way to come in. So If D's right you don't even have to read that much. And I dunno if I'm the only one who noticed it, but Deraj and Purgatory are sorta playing Good-Cop Bad-Cop and I find it hilarious. XD

Alright, to get back on topic, did Reala and crew get back to Nightmare already? I just want to know their location 'cause I think I know a way into the RP. I also need to know whether or not the group is planning to fight that golem thing, or at least encounter it again. 'Cause then I can make my presence known to both sides pretty easily. Last thing... is Reala an APC?

#60843 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 20 August 2008 - 03:52 PM in Planning and Advertising

Thanks, I need to HUGELY edit that post.

BTW D, check your PM's.

#59733 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 07 August 2008 - 01:29 PM in Planning and Advertising

Alright, good to know. I'll check out the RP then and see what I can do for an entrance here. I've read the rules now, so...

#61416 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 28 August 2008 - 04:19 AM in Planning and Advertising

I fully agree with all that D's just said and I know what's going on, over on his end so I'll refrain from posting as well.

BTW, I have to mention that Ban's last post made up for any time I was pissed off at him this week, it made me go into a giggling fit. XD

#59509 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 05 August 2008 - 04:26 PM in Planning and Advertising

Hey All, name's Xero. If you can pronounce it correctly I'll give you a cookie, lol...

(D you don't count 'cause you already figured it out... to my surprise you got it right off the bat, lol.)

Seriously now, I'm new to the series so forgive me if my posts (When I start) seem a little confusing or n00b-ish. I've been looking it up and reading back through the RP to try to find out both what's going on, as well as how to go about entering this. The best thing I can think of involves entering the roon if they decide to fight the Golem again, and explaining myself. Not sure what side I want to play on yet, though. I'm just waiting on a PM back from Deraj so I can get my bio done up. After that it seems I'll be waiting until posts are allowed again...

#62862 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 14 September 2008 - 03:00 AM in Planning and Advertising

lovely, I missed the end of the RP. <_<

Okay, I've posted my epilogue. I just want to apologize to everyone for no-showing... I've had a-lot going on as of late. A-lot of forums I'm on, and a-lot of issues IRL, the least of which is school starting. I've set it up so that the next RP I'm in will be in continuity with this one, since there have been ideas by others for a sequel. Just let me know when and where, and I'll be happy to join... and actually post this time around. As for this RP, it was fun. ^_^

BTW, in a post on the last page by InTheNightLight... was I the only one who understood this?

"Actually, his power level is..." DaYZ sighed. "I can't believe I'm saying this...OVER 9000!"

I lol'd so hard...

#59825 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 08 August 2008 - 03:25 PM in Planning and Advertising

Sorry if my last post seemed a little... all over the place. Pre-coffee posts are not my thing... but I tried, lol.

(P.S. @ Deraj (in spoilers so as not to advertise)
Spoiler

#59922 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 09 August 2008 - 09:33 PM in Planning and Advertising

*joins board under another name just to bug D by joining the RP*

nah, jk.

I'm kinda bummed out I didn't get to have fun with the dragon so I'm trying to do something else. If possible I'd also like to find a way to have a brief dialogue with Frosty about how much they both hate Reala. Lol.

Hmm.... try removing the word "Open" from the subtitle D. That might just do it.

#60706 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 19 August 2008 - 12:44 AM in Planning and Advertising

Yet you don't reply to the comment aimed at you?

Anyway, yeah, I noticed that D. IMO NOTHING beats original Sapphire. Hell, P.D.S.'s re-write is way too watered down for my taste. Funnily enough, I I made a comment (That's probably been erased now) at the bottom of my last post which was referencing a fight with Sapphire from AWNA. XD.

@ D:
Spoiler

EDIT: BTW D, if you didn't get my sig gift before it should work now. It's underneath the quote. Something epic this way comes. XD

#59930 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 09 August 2008 - 10:24 PM in Planning and Advertising

Ban, if you read this please for the love of god don't ever use text that big again *was freaked out upon opening the RP*

BTW D, posted on BL.

#60918 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 20 August 2008 - 10:49 PM in Planning and Advertising

Are you so sure Deraj? I thought our rendition of Area 51 explained all that. XD.

Anyways, yeah, that was a good one. I'm going to go and get ready to throw my a** through a portal now before I get left behind in this RP XD.

EDIT: Okay, I know this is pointless, but I feel like I have to say it 'cause it's been bugging me since the first time I saw InTheNightLight use one of his characters. DaRKNES sounds the like the name of a cheap NES emulator or something, lol.

#59945 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 10 August 2008 - 12:03 AM in Planning and Advertising

I'd go back to one of our other bios and do it in that layout. I copied mine from D's and it should only be back one page so just use that. Just make sure not to leave in any of my info XD.

#61365 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 27 August 2008 - 04:40 PM in Planning and Advertising

I'd like to point out that iNSOMNiAC leaving doesn't mean his character becomes free-to-use by others. If his character was killed off and he stopped posting, it's 'cause he left the RP. I don't know if you got permission to use him Ban, (For all, you may have, but I doubt it was over the board 'cause I PM'ed him a week ago and haven't seen him on since, but it may also have just been ignored.) but if you didn't then you aren't allowed to use his character. And before D comes on and points out that I've done this, there's a difference between an RP's major villain and a member-specific character.

#60286 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 13 August 2008 - 07:10 PM in Planning and Advertising

Deraj's post made me laugh my ass off...

It's only thirty pages.
(*Can feel everyone but Xero going "O_O Did he say 'only?!'"*)
XD Yes, I said 'only'.
AWNA, the RP I met Xero in, lasted for... *Checks* 1,804 posts. That's 91 pages. And some of the posts there were the equivalent of two-three pages of a standard-size hardback book. More than a few of them were mine.
This RP hasn't even broken half that. XD

Honestly, that's so true XD. Not too many of those long posts were mine either. I had average length ones. The post I just did is less than my old average... but ever since I joined Gaia online my posts have gotten insanely short.

Anyways, is there any way to draw this RP out more? I remember on the first page (of this topic) Deraj mentioning this other villain character that I haven't come across through reading... could we perhaps tie him to Sciimer or something? 'Cause it seems like everyone else is just starting to join, or want to join and it's becoming a-lot of fun. My other question is would you all be willing to do that?

#61891 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 31 August 2008 - 07:06 PM in Planning and Advertising

I haven't been online much either so sorry about my posts becoming less frequent. I go back to school in a few days and everything's been a rush on my end. I'll post now, k?

EDIT: BTW, anyone seen iNSOMNiAC at all in the last two weeks?

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh geez, I just watched my favourite scene from "The Mask", lol. *Tries very hard not to insert giant conga line scene into RP*

FINAL EDIT: Big question, this one for Ban. I want to know if I can do something involving Sciimer's cape which ends up turning Ghost temporarily evil. I won't do it for a few posts. I want to have him try to use his absorption powers on the cape, but the black Ideya ends up corrupting him and he attacks the others. If I should do this I'll just say that any powerful light based move would revert him, or Sciimer's death/being sealed away/whatever switches him back.

#60288 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 13 August 2008 - 07:32 PM in Planning and Advertising

darn. Any ideas on how to draw it out without being cliche?

Though I will say if we end it here I'll probably be joining you in another RP sometime since I'd like to continue this time line of my character knowing you. The way things are going it looks like we won't get to fight. XD

(BTW posting in BL NOW.)

#62410 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 07 September 2008 - 09:50 PM in Planning and Advertising

well if you actually read a few pages back in this thread too it's already stated that everyone gets an epilogue post or two.

#60297 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 13 August 2008 - 10:23 PM in Planning and Advertising

Okay, that's it. I apologize for double posting but this is hours later. Ban, you just ended a major fight in the RP without clearing it with anyone. I have no problem with your RP'ing except for when you try to take control of the plot. Leave it be until we're actually all ready to progress... the RP is almost over and you keep trying to rush it forward... yes it looks like Sciimer might end up being the final battle but it's like you keep wanting to rush us just so we can fight you, and to me that seems a bit selfish... please clear things with everyone before you do something major like this.

#63038 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 17 September 2008 - 09:06 PM in Planning and Advertising

Wow, I thought that I was the only one who KNEW that scene. Then I thought, 'then again, it IS one of the most famous anime scenes ever.' I remember laughing my brains out the first time I saw that scene(literally, I have a HUGE laughing gland/funny bone. I actually laughed all day in school once). I'll never understand HOW it got so famous.

I did the same thing actuallly... believe it or not I saw that one when it was new and I vaugely remember giggling for about 3 days after that. Then again, I laughed so hard at almost every episode of Dragonball Z... I've NEVER taken that show seriosuly. Despite it being my favourite anime for about 4 years. :huh:

DaRKNES: The milage was OVER 9000!

*snort*

I have only one thing to say to you frustrating, wonderful people.

Posted Image

Uh, eh, not that.

I hope to do this again sometime. But not sometime soon. Farewell, all. Have wonderful lives.

OMG D, I almost fell out of the chair laughing.

Alright... I may not go to the sequel right away but since it's starting up I will be there soon. I have things to tend to on my own forum. D may kill me for this, or just stop coming completely, but consider this an open invite to my forum... keep in mind it's not the same as this place. I let some things go, and other things I don't let go. But it's usually good fun. However, to remain in compliance with the board rules, I will not be posting the link. If anyone's interested PM me and I'll give you it that way.

#60422 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by Xero on 15 August 2008 - 02:43 PM in Planning and Advertising

Sorry I've been posting so little, I was at a friend's for a night who has no internet, I got stuck there for another night because of a bad storm and my only means of going home was a bike. I may be over there again today but I'll be coming home tonight. So I will try to post again.

BTW D, check out the little link in my sig. Epic posting music. XD