Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Murder's Last Crow's Content

There have been 78 items by Murder's Last Crow (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64976 What was the highlight of JoD for you?

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 25 November 2008 - 06:36 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Missions. They give you something extra when time-attacking isn't enough. Kinda' wish you could do them after beating the basic game then go back and do them for the alternate ending, but eh. Still pretty interesting.

#64975 What did you feel?

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 25 November 2008 - 06:33 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I think the voices added a great amount of depth to the series without scaring off younger gamers who don't want to get too emotional or deeply involved in the plot.

Wizeman's got the perfect voice actor, though, hands down.

#64974 What is Owl's job or purpose in Nightopia?

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 25 November 2008 - 06:28 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

He's like an old teacher who likes to emphasize his brimming wisdom to the point of irritation. Which would explain why NiGHTS is all like "WDFX, shaddup ol' bird. Let's go learn through EXPERIENCE." He prolly used to be really tough and maybe he even convinced NiGHTS that his ways were wrong and introduced him to the beautiful things in Nightopia. I'd like to think he's not just some oracle that sits around talking.

#64973 If you were Reala what would your last plan had been?

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 25 November 2008 - 06:22 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'd pretend to have turned a new leaf just like NiGHTS, be friends with them, grow an odd complex in my mind, then have to resolve it by betraying them sooner than I'd planned. Prolly end up putting Helen and the blonde kid in an nighty-bake oven and allow them to melt during a hallucination, followed by telling NiGHTS Wizeman's changed his mind and wants him to come home.

T^T Then, after a heartfelt family reunion, we'd boil NiGHTS in a one-way bubble as the Aquarium turns black and red. Mwahaha!! X3

#49428 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 01 May 2008 - 12:22 AM in Creative Stuff!

That's why I'm asking them FIRST off. I mean, if they support a fan website with information on NiGHTS and non-canonical fanfare everywhere, what difference does an interactive graphical program (game) make?

Of course, unless you're a lawyer, it's hard to rationalize legal jargon into something like that. XD I'm hoping for the best.

You haven't been on when I'm on, I guess- I get little time to chat since I have to work on the project anyway. PM me a time- again, we shouldn't discuss chatting on the forum. XD

#49425 Is it just me or does NiGHTS play favorites?

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 01 May 2008 - 12:19 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

And a sexy one at that.

#49339 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 30 April 2008 - 02:09 AM in Creative Stuff!

Yeah, shame on you for not knowing about a non-canonical representation of NiGHTS. It was modelled by Kichigai for goodness sake- IT'S BEAUTIFUL! ^o^

Oh, and drawn millions of times in the delicious stylings of TRiPPY, of course.

I'm currently in the process of negotiation with SEGA- I hope they take kindly to it being purely of the fans for the fans and nothing else. *doesn't want to be arrested*

#49129 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 27 April 2008 - 06:49 PM in Creative Stuff!

Just so you guys know, I'm still working on stuff- this project isn't on hiatus or anything. I've been persistent with my friends and employer about this project, and they're starting to finally accept it as more than just a hobby I wanna' do for fun, and realize the importance of it.

So don't worry- it will be done. ^w^ I wanna' show you some models, but they're not all done yet! *impatient, but needs to do a good job*

#48069 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 20 April 2008 - 05:37 PM in Creative Stuff!

Twin Seeds*. Don't worry, I've been a fan since day one- I just call it Twin City every now and again, especially when I'm making posts at 3 AM. XD

I'm getting a tablet PC at the end of the week, too, so that should increase my productivity and motivation to push my friends aside every now and again to work more on the engine. Currently, the engine is just a simple 360 directional dot with trails behind and rings that shrink and disappear when you pass through them, including ones that hurt if you don't get through fast enough. So yeah, that only took me a day. XD

That's a bad thing, though- when a project's simple for me, sure it's easier to make, but it makes me complacent at times. Don't worry, though- I'm definitely devoted to this project. I'm sure I'll have a beta out by the end of May, if not earlier, since it's not really going to be that difficult to finish one by then. If I didn't have work next week I could get it out by the end of it.

Once I move into my own apartment, I'll have plenty of time for this project. ^,^ And a tablet. Seriously, with a tablet how could you NOT be modelling nonstop? *so excited*

#47967 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 19 April 2008 - 06:41 PM in Creative Stuff!

I'm eville. I'm done with the NiGHTS model, nearly done with the basic female dreamer, and then I'll start on Twin City.

So yeah, I'm going to wait until I have all three done so I can show off. I don't like doing WIP shots, since they're just not all that professional. It's been a really busy week at work, but I'm getting there. My main problem is that I live with a very overzealous and jealous friend that doesn't wanna' let me work on stuff. Good thing I'm moving out soon- I'll finally have some real ALONE TIME. *being driven insane*

At least my friends love me, I guess. But I need time for my hobbies.

#47635 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 17 April 2008 - 08:00 AM in Creative Stuff!

I've been working on the models, and I'll be able to show you all some screens soon. I just wanted to get part of Twin Seeds done before I start taking screenshots. Just because it'd look more official than unposed, expressionless Maren.

Some funny names on that list, by the way. I'm thinking of calling it NiGHTS Online : Something Something.

Anywho, it's late- I'll update you all tomorrow!

#47062 The Octopaw topic!

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 13 April 2008 - 05:19 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Eh, it's not like we dislike him in and of himself. He just belongs in Spongebob Squarepants. It's like reserving seats for your cat and parakeet at the SuperBowl.

#47053 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 13 April 2008 - 04:40 PM in Creative Stuff!

That idea sounds splendiforous. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have remakes or lounge versions of these songs for the lobby and all that shtuff. I'm starting modelling in only a few hours. ^w^ I hope you enjoy what I accomplish today.

#46924 The Octopaw topic!

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 12 April 2008 - 11:04 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

1. What was your first impression of Octopaw?
PBS meets SEGA.

2. Do you, or do you not like Octopaw?
Avast ye, land lubbers! HE STOLE ME HAT! Harpoon the devil!

3. Have you ever had a dreams about Octopaw?
Yeah. He was red and black and very, very dangerous. Ever watched legions of squid feed on a single human? Very similar experience.

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?"
Unravelling the Allergy of Octopaw? I'd rent it.

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a seperate creature?
Maren, methinks.

6. What is one question you'd like to ask Octopaw?
Why didn't you go away after the first mission you were in? Did you misintepret the phrase, "recycling is good for the environment"?

7. Give me one random Octopaw - related thought.
Plushy plz! *turns into a rabid fanboy*

#46831 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 12 April 2008 - 04:19 AM in Creative Stuff!

Emergency with a friend I had to attend to last night- I'm sorry for keeping you waiting so long! This Sunday is definitely clear, though. If I can't get online, I'll get on AIM via phone just to make sure nothing goes wrong this time. Stupid priorities. =P

#46488 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 09 April 2008 - 01:26 AM in Creative Stuff!

K. One on Thursday 7 PM MST, one Sunday 8 PM MST? Sound good?

#46285 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 07 April 2008 - 01:22 AM in Creative Stuff!

Link me. I keep getting on AIM but I guess we're on at different times. How unlucky XD.

#46252 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 06 April 2008 - 08:35 PM in Creative Stuff!

Well, I'd like to say everything's going well with the girl, but a lot of drama is continuing to mess with meh. However, I've devoted myself to much more complex projects than this one for no pay and I can't say I regret it.

And seeing as how NiGHTS means so much to me, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same with this. In fact, maybe it's good I don't have a girlfriend to distract me from it? XD

But that's definitely true- I once decided to make a NiGHTS prequel and starting doing models and all, but I quit for the other game I made which actually got me some good money. I'm glad I have your support with this- I'm getting ready to amaze you all, nao. I'm sure you'll love the art and it'll make you suffocate out of freakish need to have the game. XD MAHA! *is eville*

That model is OLD! I think I'll just do it now. I just need to get a mouse, since modelling with the lappy pad is possible but not the best when you want creative freedom. By the way, it's going to be classic NiGHTS, not JoD NiGHTS *so mean*.

#46145 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 05 April 2008 - 08:51 PM in Creative Stuff!

"It's oveeerrr... ALL OVER!!! F'REVEEEERRR!!!!! *smack in da' face* Ow. Smack me again and I'll give you a credits screen!"

I'll start with NiGHTS. I could show you all a model of NiGHTS I did two years ago- back when I wasn't all THAT good, and it was just a test anyway, so the face wasn't much more than textured. Buttchess, I'll show you anyway, just to tie you over until I give you a new one.

The new one's gonna' be a lot more stylish and chibi-awesome. Maren with real attitude.

http://murderslastcr...xtured-55047741

REALLY old. Notice that I uploaded this a year ago from my OLD account, so it's likely more than 2 years old. I've improved a lot since then, even created a videogame. That's just some irrelevant eyecandy. I repeat, IRRELEVANT EYECANDY! OLD! I'M MUCH BETTER NOW!

^w^ I'll update again for you, soon. Is it possible that TRiPPY doesn't know this is happening?

#46130 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 05 April 2008 - 06:32 PM in Creative Stuff!

Yeah, the NPC idea is probably the coolest thing evar. You're a genius. However, I think I'll get a few more than simply Owl to sit around in the dreams.

So yeah, definitely going to do NPCs. However, not sure if I'll have NiGHTS as an NPC. It feels like that might degrade the purpose of your character if NiGHTS is already just sitting around. So yeah, everyone has their own maren and stuffage.

Since it's an online game, though, I guess I won't be creating an 'ending'. I could create a mock ending that doesn't really end things because it adds more at the end just to tick you all off, eventually. XD

I'm gonna' love doing this. Oh, and it turns out I'll have enough money at the end of the week, so I might start modelling TODAY. OwO OH NOES!

Oh, and I guess I could show you WIP shots of models and stuff. Just don't expect to see finished, polished, diabolicality until a bit later.

Also, the programming probably won't start until I have all the animations ready to import, but at that point I'll be able to offer an awesome first-look first-play demo. It may or may not have paralooping, but eh.

I'm gonna' love letting you change the particle for your trails, including what it does when you finish a loop. Fiery stars, creating an explosion when it closes. Water drops, creating a waterfall at the end of a loop.

^w^ I can't believe no one thought of this earlier. XD

#46129 Towers towers everywhere!

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 05 April 2008 - 06:26 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Aha. The church pictures. The next NiGHTS will have a religious meaning.

#45902 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 03 April 2008 - 06:09 PM in Creative Stuff!

Yeah. She was a little confused about her own reasons to break up with me. She wasn't sure of it at all, and kept thinking she was an idiot, etc. So I really don't know what she's going to do, but if I can help by being around to hear her out if she needs me, that's all the better.

OwO Anywho, back to the subject at hand.

The difference between running an an IP and a server is basically how many users it can handle. It should be pretty lag-free, but using one's IP is just like having a private server, except it takes up the user's bandwidth, instead of a server's bandwidth.

So yeah, I hope that's understandable enough. Sorry that development isn't starting as soon as you guys would like, but I'm doing what I can for the time being.

#45853 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 03 April 2008 - 05:40 AM in Creative Stuff!

Little background info. When I offered to start this it was before the woman of my dreams broke up with me. And our relationship wasn't really going in a bad direction- we were improving in every way, and we'd never had any big problems. The reasons behind it are too complicated to discuss here, but I guess you'll all be glad to know we're still friends, and I'm helping her work through it all besides. So I think I'll be okay, since we're understanding each other and willing to stay in each other's lives, to an extent.

Also, I do freelance 3d modelling to make my bills, and I'm finally starting a new job on Friday (probably tomorrow for most of you reading this). So I need to make a little extra with freelance before too long, and that's why I'm saying I'm not modelling quite yet. After my first paycheck, however, I should be more than able to pursue this game's development.

I'll start by modelling the basic Maren and Dreamer (the default is NiGHTS, even if you think that's too cool to start as), then Twin Seeds following soon after. Then the first Dream, of course.

Once I get the animations down, it'll be easier to create new heads and body types, and to port it all into the game. I will be releasing information and images of the game long before a prototype release is available, but I suspect the first prototype will be the main game without the online functionality. However, since the data will mostly be encrypted on your computer until we get a server up to store scores, usernames, and passwords, you'll be able to start work on improving your account immediately.

Also, we will have the beta versions of the online compatibility released to run on IP address alone, which should be fun. So don't expect it to be complete within the month, but do expect to see the beginnings and be able to enjoy demos along the way to the finished product. I hope that as this proceeds the community can get a grasp for the game and think of more additions to make.

Thanks again for your ongoing support. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't follow through with making this.

#45759 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 02 April 2008 - 05:50 PM in Creative Stuff!

Yeah, but it all corresponds with the PS2 SDK, anyway. Almost as helpful as looking at the Sega Saturn ISO. XD

So yeah, I'm not entirely in the mood to start the 3d modelling process until the beginning of next week, but after that crisis I definitely need more work and things to keep me busy so I don't feel... too alone, I guess? Until I can start feeling normal again.

The normal human body can adjust to any severe crisis within a month. Seeing as how I don't have my arm lopped off or anything, I hope this won't take too much time to adapt to. Thanks for your ongoing support, and please feel free to submit any designs or ideas you still have concerning the game.

#45689 NiGHTS Online (pending title)

Posted by Murder's Last Crow on 02 April 2008 - 01:33 AM in Creative Stuff!

It's basically all in C++. I have my own home-made templates just to start stuff like this. XD