Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

MSDEViN92's Content

There have been 117 items by MSDEViN92 (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60260 The Octopaw topic!

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 13 August 2008 - 02:56 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

1. What was your first impression of Octopaw?

Aww, how cu- GET BACK HERE AND QUIT GOING CRAZY WITH THOSE RINGS DARN YOU. D8

2. Do you, or do you not like Octopaw?

I adore him. Except for when his stages get a little difficult.

3. Have you ever had a dreams about Octopaw?

Nah, although I've had plotbunnies about his origin or sticking him in a story...

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?"

Eh, I guess if it was done well, it would be okay, but I still don't like the idea of a whole game dedicated to him. Unless it was like a spinoff or something.

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to Marens or Pians, or are they a seperate creature?

I think he's a kind of Nightopian.

6. What is one question you'd like to ask Octopaw?

"Why do you never seem to actually be underwater?"

7. Give me one random Octopaw - related thought.

He's the good twin brother of Crusher, the squid boss from Sly Cooper 3! o.O /weirdtheory

BTW, here's my theory on Octopaw's origins:

In stories, octopi are usually seen guarding sunken treasure and the like. And Octopaw shows up in the dreams of both Will and Helen, who are powerful children that possess the Red Ideya of Courage. Therefore, Octopaw may be drawn to either Red Ideya or strong dreamers in general. Because of this, he is constantly chased by Nightmaren who want to use him as a tracking device, and he has become skittish, which is why he usually flies away from anyone that gets too close.

#60258 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 13 August 2008 - 02:35 AM in Dream

NiGHTS and Owl hadn't seen any of what happened between the others and the two Nightmaren. They'd been explaining to the absolutely perplexed children as much as they could about their Ideya and dreams.

"So...These Nightmaren things stole our courage and wisdom?"

"No, dear, just the Ideya. They're sort of, well...the results of your courage and wisdom. Having a pure heart or a strong mind makes your Ideya all the more powerful, so the Nightmaren are more prone to go after you."

Aspen scoffed. "Yeah, like I'm strong."

"Like I could create anything that worthwhile..."

#60257 Staff of Selph - Concepts - OOC

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 13 August 2008 - 02:09 AM in Planning and Advertising

...Aww, crud, I missed everything.

Sorry for disappearing like that... *left an explanation in the Requiem of Dreams OoC thread*
Well, at least I don't have to worry about picking up the pieces in this disaster I made. @_@

It was a great RP though, kudos to Deraj. 8D *fan-spazzes*

#60256 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 13 August 2008 - 02:04 AM in Planning and Advertising

AAAAAGH.

Guys, I am HORRIBLY sorry that I was gone for so long. So much stuff went down, I swear.

1. I got majorly sick and got rushed to the hospital, stayed there for a few days.
2. Summer camp, just got out of it.
3. A budget cut cost my mom her job, so our house went into a spiraling financial situation.
4. Mom got a bad ear infection and is still getting over migraines.
5. Dad got West Nile virus.
6. Have to attend a secondary summer camp on Saturdays through the rest of vacation and all through the school years.
7. Relationship issues.
8. GRAH STRESS. @_@

So...Yeah. I'm really, really gonna try and catch up, but I don't know how much I'll be able to clean up. Again, I'm sorry.

#57995 iMAGiNARY NiGHTS

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 21 July 2008 - 01:39 AM in Creative Stuff!

Here's the link.

The first AMV (or FMV, or whatever >>; ) I made, and if I may say so myself, I'm extremely proud of it. c:

It was meant to follow the story of JoD, so I hope it's easy enough to understand. Also, that means there's a SPOILER ALERT if you haven't seen the ending of Journey of Dreams. Don't say I didn't warn you. D:

Enjoy! <3

#57993 ...I'm back? 8D

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 21 July 2008 - 01:21 AM in Introduce Yourself

So, most of you might not know me because I haven't really been around that much, but I've just been horrifically busy recently and haven't been able to come around as much as I wanted. I couldn't find a topic for temporary leavings and such, so I didn't really have a chance to say I was having a hard time showing up here on a regular basis. I've just had a lot going on in my life, namely a big summer academic program and work around the house. I'm still engrossed in it, to tell the truth; Monday to Thursday have me taking extracurricular courses for college credits from 8 to 5, and Fridays keep me busy from 8 to 1. Gragh.

I'll probably be more open when the school year begins, because I have a weird schedule and can be on the computer more then.

...That's about it.

Hello again, forum. 8D

#54347 Staff of Selph

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 14 June 2008 - 03:56 AM in Dream

"They look like they need help, Reenie..."

"They're Nightmaren. They could burn in the Waking Underworld for all I care."

#54345 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 14 June 2008 - 03:48 AM in Dream

"What's happening?!"

"Hey, st-stop it!"

#54246 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 13 June 2008 - 02:43 PM in Planning and Advertising

Argh, I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, guys. And I guess you all deserve to hear the real reason I keep disappearing.
I have a clinical mood order; basically, I constantly slip into these horrifically depressed periods and often become suicidal. Some stuff also came up with my boyfriend, so...yeah.

...I'm such an emo. ;;

#52592 Staff of Selph

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 29 May 2008 - 11:11 PM in Dream

"SOMEBODY HELP!" the tinier Pian wailed, thrashing.

#52588 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 29 May 2008 - 11:06 PM in Dream

Both kids jumped away from him at that, accidentally bumping into NiGHTS.

"So I take it you've crossed paths with him already," the jester said grimly, flicking the end of her jester hat.

#52532 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 29 May 2008 - 06:07 PM in Planning and Advertising

Illusia is accepted.

Busy Devin has been busy. >>;

#52529 Staff of Selph

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 29 May 2008 - 05:08 PM in Dream

"You know, as much..." The blue-haired Pian made finger quotes in the air. "FUN as this is, I think we'll be going. ...You don't want to be captured or something by the bad guys, right, Libri?"

"Eeek. Let's go." D:

#52528 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 29 May 2008 - 05:06 PM in Dream

"It's okay." Lydia looked around. "...Hey, isn't this the state nature preserve?"

"I'm pretty sure, yeah." Aspen looked over at her. "...Have you been here before?"

"A few times."

#52117 Staff of Selph

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 25 May 2008 - 04:14 PM in Dream

"I'm Libri!" said the smaller one, now zipping around like an angry firefly. "And I'm not gonna let your stupid kitty friend hurt us, 'cuz I'm one of the good guys!"

"Libri, calm down before you give yourself another headache."

#51945 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 23 May 2008 - 10:50 PM in Dream

"...Will you put me down?!" Aspen snapped at Frosty.

Lydia simply looked at TORiAS. "...U-Um."

#51944 Staff of Selph

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 23 May 2008 - 10:47 PM in Dream

There was silence...until the purple-haired Pian slipped and fell over, causing her friend to jump out and grab her again.

"EEE- ...Oopsie."

#51772 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 22 May 2008 - 04:35 PM in Dream

There was a yelp. Although Frosty had left Aspen with one of the Goodles, it wasn't exactly going smoothly; the bird kept twisting and flailing, trying to either bite Aspen or buck him off. The boy tried to cling to the reins, but all it got him was a slash across the back of his hand when the Goodle got in a lucky peck.

Lydia watched from her bubble. "G-Guys, he needs help!"

#51587 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 20 May 2008 - 11:33 PM in Planning and Advertising

Hey guys, guess what?

NEW COMPUTER GET!

#51501 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 20 May 2008 - 01:44 AM in Dream

"Th-Thanks."

#51500 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 20 May 2008 - 01:41 AM in Planning and Advertising

TORiAS is accepted. :3

#51468 NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 19 May 2008 - 09:56 PM in Dream

"H-Hey! What the- Put me down!"

Lydia looked nervously at Nyclone and Liferien. "...You guys aren't gonna haul me off like that, are you? I get motion sick."

#51419 Your beginnings in NiGHTS fandom.

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 19 May 2008 - 02:41 AM in Poll Area

A friend of mine roleplayed excellently as Wizeman the Wicked on another site, and got me interested.

#51418 NiGHTS and Dreamers...

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 19 May 2008 - 02:31 AM in Poll Area

Curiosity Inc. made a good point, and stated my opinion. I think that, in the beginning, NiGHTS didn't feel particularly close to the deamers, most likely because of his/hers being born originally as a Nightmaren. However, after encounters and adventures with them, he/she warmed up to the children. NiGHTS doesn't really strike me as the type who can stand by while anyone is abused by Wizeman, really.

#51417 Shadow NiGHTS?

Posted by MSDEViN92 on 19 May 2008 - 02:00 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I have a little theory. Maybe Sega was planning for the end stage to go differently than it did but ended up not having time to put everything in. Picture this: Wizeman snatches NiGHTS away at the top of those stairs. Will and Helen go through the Bellbridge stage to save him. They get to the top of the tower and unchain NiGHTS...only to find that Wizeman has already replaced his soul! :wub: That would be "Shadow NiGHTS," and the kids would have to somehow subdue him and swap the souls again, bringing him back to normal right in time for the showdown with Wizeman. Just an idea. It would have been different facing a boss character--NiGHTS nonetheless--as the kids.

This. My theory is that 'Selph' is 'Shadow NiGHTS'; really the Nightmaren Wizeman intended him/her to be from the start. NiGHTS took on the new name after rebelling.