Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Rick Hunter's Content

There have been 1 items by Rick Hunter (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#92268 Inception

Posted by Rick Hunter on 19 July 2010 - 10:02 PM in Community Corner

Really good movie! I haven't been on these forums in a while and it got me wanting to come back here and re-kindle my interest in dreaming.
After seeing the movie I decided to check and see if they actually put any effort into the symbols in the dreams by checking it against dreammoods.com database. Turns out it was really well thought out. for the sake of spoilers I wont post any here, by I'd encourage anyone interested in running elements of the movie through the symbol search and seeing how well they applied it.

One thing I found really awesome wasn't even in the movie at all. I saw it yesterday and since then I had a full nights sleep and an afternoon nap. During both I went lucid, something I haven't done in a couple months now. It's definitely from just watching the movie. It plants the idea of questioning what you see around you and confirming that it's real. I don't know how long it will last, probably until I stop thinking about it regularly. I think I need to get this when it comes out on DVD to help with initiating lucidity. If nothing else this means I was thinking about the movie after I was done watching it, a certain sign of a good film.