Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Zero Hakaru's Content

There have been 11 items by Zero Hakaru (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38509 Inafune: "There WILL be a Mega Man Wii Game"

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 28 January 2008 - 05:11 AM in Community Corner

Megaman Classic. We need a game that'll finally explain how 20XX was plunged into the nightmare that is 21XX.

that was already explained that the start of the X series :D

What Megaman X game have you played? I played them all religiously, there was no actual explanation of Wily unleashing Zero upon the world and the disappearance of Megaman.

In before "Megaman was rebuilt into X," creators officially disproved this.

There have been theories circulating about the actual "Cataclysm" the event that led to the eventual demise of the original Megaman. The most common one, being that Zero utterly destroyed Mega and the others, but something happened to the Zero unit to cause it to malfunction/shut down. This explains the "Zero Burial Site" which Sigma stumbles upon.

The only explanation we have to the X universe is this:

Dr. Cain had found the Light Capsule containing X. Following the video record Dr. Light left, Cain learned that Light succeeded in creating an AI that would allow a robot to completely emulate a human being, right down to free will. In fears that X would be corrupted to the fallacies of humanity, X was to be sealed for 100 years to perfect the development of his "mind" allowing him to be a good citizen. Cain, however, released the capsule WAY before that 100 years was up.

Using X's spec, Cain created the Reploids, a replicate android based of the X AI. Soon, the world was completely populated with these amazing robots. However, just as humans are able to give into evil tendencies, so to did the Reploids. These rogue, law-breaking Reploids are called "Mavericks."

It was until Megaman X that we find out that Sigma, corrupted with the Wily Virus, rewrote the virus into the Sigma Virus, allowing it to transfer from Reploid to Reploid and trigger the "Maverick Instinct" forcefully. This is when we were introduced to viral induced Mavericks.

That, is the only told history we have between Megaman and Bass (Megaman 8.5) and Megaman X.

But we really do need a Megaman 9 which will, hopefully, close the classic arc and open to the X arc.

#37253 Inafune: "There WILL be a Mega Man Wii Game"

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 23 January 2008 - 05:17 PM in Community Corner

Megaman Classic. We need a game that'll finally explain how 20XX was plunged into the nightmare that is 21XX.

#37131 Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 23 January 2008 - 12:26 AM in Community Corner

Anyone else here an MPO player?

I need actual friends for the online mode. XD

Also, for MPO+, I've got a nice squad trained up for online battle. They need some target practice. <3

#37128 Okami series thread

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 23 January 2008 - 12:21 AM in Community Corner

I LOOOOOOVE this game.

So much that I'm the one who created the AmmyxIssun community on fanfiction.net. As well as coin the term "Ammun"

... one of my many fanboy/nerd accomplishments. >>;;

#36501 Cranapples

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 08:03 PM in Introduce Yourself

Dr Wily is the cause of all the crap that happens after the Megaman Classic saga.

He creates Zero as an indestructible (supposedly) carrier of the Wily Virus, a virus that would rewrite the entire AI of an infected robot to disobey everyone but Wily, as well as disobey the 3 Laws of Robotics.

The virus, supposedly, is never transferred, until Sigma comes to quell Zero's uprising. He's successful, but ends up being infected with the Wily Virus. The virus incubates within Sigma's system, slowly being reworked into the Sigma Virus which will allow the wide spread infection and cause a greater outbreak of Mavericks/Irregulars.

However, the Sigma Virus isn't as powerful as the Wily Virus would be to a single robot. In order to correct this, Sigma needed Zero once again to get the components he needed to complete it and create the Zero Virus.

Boo-fricking-ya!

#36499 Cranapples

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 07:47 PM in Introduce Yourself

I dunno, I'm pretty good on my nerd knowledge of Megaman as well. ^^

#36480 Cranapples

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 07:12 PM in Introduce Yourself

Enjoy my chart:

First Season of MMPR (everything up until Lord Zedd) = Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger
Second Season (Lord Zedd - Master Vile) = Gosei Sentai Dairanger. Although, we borrowed the monsters, mecha, and White Ranger. Lord Zedd was the only original addition, and everything else was still Zyuranger props and costumes.
Third Season (Master Vile) = Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. Master Vile, monsters, and mecha were only taken from Kakuranger. Everything else was either Zyu or Dairanger props.
MM Alien Rangers miniseries = Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. We actually used the team's suits.

So, MMPR was a haphazard splicing of three different Sentai series, all with different plots. It was pulled rather well, except the original plots were never reflected in the second and third seasons.

#36478 Cranapples

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 07:03 PM in Introduce Yourself

Thank my encyclopedic knowledge for slacking off at school during a period where all teachers were subs. Wikipedia reading is fun.

Anyway, I've always loved the green suit. The White's shield just looks like crap to me, and the fact I know that the Japanese version of the White Ranger was actually a child. Kou as Kibaranger was better than Tommy as the White Ranger, just because of all the antics that were chopped from the US version. >>

#36475 Most Hated Boss in JoD

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 06:46 PM in Poll Area

Bomamba. Must. Die.

QFT

#36474 Cranapples

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 06:41 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hmm, both Zeros have their own appeal. It's hard to pick one over the other.

And yes, Tommy does rule. Mighty Morphin is the only series of PR that I find better than the Japanese counterpart, Zyuranger.

#36467 Cranapples

Posted by Zero Hakaru on 19 January 2008 - 06:25 PM in Introduce Yourself

Okay... introductions.

I'm me. I like stuff. I live here. NiGHTS is cool...

What? Oh, you want to know more!? Geez, fine you nosy little...

*ahem*

As stated in my username, I am Zero Hakaru. It's a name with history, it's the only one I've used for ten years. Zero, came from my favorite Megaman character, Zero, and the other, actually came from a sleep induced error in typing "Haruka." The name stuck and I've used it for a decade. Most commonly, it's used for my signature character, a female bard, mostly for fantasy RPs and my own novel series, Dire, that has undergone more rewrites than Michael Jackson has had plastic surgery. XD

If we want to be more familiar with me, my first name is Wes. Wes or Zero, call me however you wish.

Now, from my sig and avvy set, it's quite obvious: I like Power Rangers. Well, not just Power Rangers, but the original Japanese counterparts from the franchise, Super Sentai. I'm a huge tokusatsu fan, big into Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, as well as the few standalones such as Garo, Ryukendo, etc. It stems from a boyhood love of heroes that I'll probably never grow out of.

I'm also a huge anime fan. A few that I like are: Evangelion, Death Note, .hack, Negima, Bleach, Crayon Shin-chan... the list goes on.

Video games is another long list to deal with. I'm a huge gamer, raised with the SNES back in the early 90's. *sigh* Good times. A few game/series I like are: Final Fantasy, Wild ARMS, Megaman, Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts... another list that goes on.

I'm also a big game importer. Since I have the Swap Magic for my PS2, I can play import games with only one mod: removal of the disc tray's faceplate. Anywho, my import collection mostly consists of the Kamen Rider fighting games and the one, Resident Evil gameplay like Kamen Rider: Seigi no Keifu. I also have Evangelion: Battle Orchestra (Super Smash Bros with Evas!), Itadaki: Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (Monopoly but cooler), Seigi no Mikata (a game that makes you the director of a superhero show), the Kingdom Hearts Final Mixes, and other stuff. XD Rest assured, the NiGHTS game for PS2 will be added if there's no US release.

Speaking of NiGHTS, I just recently got into it, all because of the random Christmas gift from a friend.

"Hey, you like Sonic right? The good ones of course."

"Yeah, why?"

"Try this, NiGHTS is like Sonic... except you're flying."

"OO!"

That's pretty much the gist of my getting of JoD. XD