Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

B-Movie's Content

There have been 11 items by B-Movie (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#40161 I am creating a card game! YAY!

Posted by B-Movie on 04 February 2008 - 04:21 PM in Creative Stuff!

HAHAHA! Very cool, Sai! I will put you on the short list of characters that I have for Dreamers and we will see if you get picked for the final list of characters (which I wouldn't worry about, since no one HERE is interested in joining, it should be pretty easy to get in. The other groups are a little tougher to get into, to say the least!) :lol:

That talking in 3rd person thing may be an interesting mechanic in the game since there is also another person who does that. Since you guys are so unique in that way, I will try to mirror it in the game as well.

If you know anyone else who may be interested in joining the card game, give me a shout, okay? :blink:

#39256 I am creating a card game! YAY!

Posted by B-Movie on 31 January 2008 - 03:50 PM in Creative Stuff!

Twinkie House... hehe...

I'm thinking about having a convention with all our developers this weekend and we will start building test decks and such. It would be REALLY helpful if anyone wants to have a card included for them before this weekend so we can tweek it and really make Dreamers the kind of powerful and majestic deck I'm hoping it will be.

I am also going to include a few fan characters in the card game as "Loners" maybe even include some in their own group (such as make a NiGHTS character in the Dreamers group) so that should be fun.

Purgatory- You're going to need to help us make the Purgatory card so we don't screw it up.

The game continues in full steam! Everyone help out as soon as you can! AT LEAST tell me if you are interested in being included in the game!

#39105 I am creating a card game! YAY!

Posted by B-Movie on 30 January 2008 - 05:44 PM in Creative Stuff!

BUMP! XD

So I see no one is interested in being included into the game...

I'm wondering if you guys are confused by the concept or what it is I'm asking of you. Let me summarize:

I am making a card game similar to Magic: The Gathering but the game is about friends and social interaction with themselves and their rivals. That's the short end of it. I need more character cards and I am asking if you guys want to be included in the "Dreamers" group. If you are interested, all you have to do is tell me a little bit about your personality.

Since the Dreamers group is so small now (because I don't have any characters...) I have decided to make the Dreamers group not just the NiGHTS fandom, but a general group consisting of all fan peoples (such as the Dragonball fandom, Inuyasha fandom, Donnie Darko fandom, etc.) So if you are part of other fandoms, you will be excellent in this game!

So I hope it's easier to understand now...

#37451 I am creating a card game! YAY!

Posted by B-Movie on 24 January 2008 - 06:44 PM in Creative Stuff!

Dreamers is a GREAT title! I will immediately write that down as the working title!

And yes, DiGi, it really IS like turf wars! I wasn't thinking about it like that when I started creating the idea in my head, but now as it continues to evolve, it has definately become something like turf wars! The only thing that I'm not too sure about is not including blood shed because people now-a-days crave blood! I'm hoping the custom character system where people can make their own characters will make up for it!

Lastly, getting back on the topic of characters: if anyone wants characters made of them please let me know.

#37420 I am creating a card game! YAY!

Posted by B-Movie on 24 January 2008 - 03:35 PM in Creative Stuff!

I recently had an idea for a card game. It started as a fun little idea that I could create to play with my friends but soon, as the creative gears started to spin, it became so much more. Purgatory and I are spearheading the production but some of our other friends will be sure to help.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this topic because it doesn't have to do with NiGHTS (although he may make a cameo) but it DOES have to do with the nightmaren community here so I figured it wouldn't hurt posting it in this section since a lot of you may make an appearance! :D

The game is based on social activity and friendships. Let me start out by giving you the story: You play as the "new guy" who just moved into town/came out of seclusion and you start making friends. You join a social circle (or "circle" for short) and you quickly start making friends! Rival circles begin to compete against your circle for popularity and fame. As the new guy, you get wrapped up finding out about all the goings ons about the rivalry but you stand back as your newfound friends get into the "mix" and use their abilities to win over crowds, new friends, and fame.

Game mechanics: You draw characters from your deck and play them. These characters use cards and abilities to make more friends and gain rep, thus winning you the game. I won't go into how deep the system is, but it is based on a few existing card games including Legend of the 5 Rings, Magic the Gathering, and UFS. The point is, the character cards in the game are based on real life people and have traits and abilities just like them! I will start designing a bunch of cards based on people from each circle and one of the most important circles is the NiGHTS fandom! :D

I'm not sure how I will call the NiGHTS fandom but I've been calling them Nightmaren so far... :D

Anyways, I need characters to include into the Nightmaren circle so I come to ask you guys for your inclusion and ideas for the game. Remember, though: characters in this game are real life people, not NiGHTS fan characters! Later on I'm planning on making a system where you can create your own characters and circles! The advantage to being made NOW is that you will be slightly better than your custom character (That way the game will be balanced).

So please, tell me what you think about the game idea so far and tell me more about you if you want to be included in the game!

So far, characters in the Nightmaren circle that I plan on creating are:

Richard (Purgatory)
TRiPPY
DiGi Valentine
Maresuke
Loren

#35756 It's-a-me, B-Movie!

Posted by B-Movie on 15 January 2008 - 03:35 PM in Introduce Yourself

The bloody stump club is a name given to a certain group of people in my friends who're able to play Guitar Hero with amazing skill. Aptly named due to the fact that after doing something like, oh, Through the Fire and Flames or Raining Blood, your hands are (usually) gone. Replaced by bloody stumps. I believe you qualify.

YES! The bloody stump club sounds like fun! Unfortunately I retired my guitar thrashing days as a Guitar Hero and I dedicate myself fulltime to singing in Rock Band. I've always sang in real life, even had formal training, so I decided to focus on something I do in real life in the game. I sometimes sing and play guitar in Rock Band, though, but I don't know if I would now qualify for that club :)

#35634 Marvel vs. DC

Posted by B-Movie on 14 January 2008 - 08:53 PM in Community Corner

Let me thrust myself into this fascinating forum here.

Re: Hulk vs. Batman- They already fought and Batman beat him swiftly. I don't agree with the outcome myself, but let it be known that Batman knocked Hulk out with sleep gas bombs. So, yeah, there's that.

Re: Blue Beetle vs. Iron Man- I would go for Iron Man at this point in time because Reyes is still a kid and doesn't have a lot of experience handling the scarab. Of course, if Reyes gets a handle on his powers, he would wipe the floor with Stark, ending his alcoholic, womanizing ways once in for all (he was an ass in Civil War and I'm still pissed at him).

Re: Moon Knight vs. Batman- OOOH! Close match! Moon Knight would obviously have the edge over Batman, but Batman has the fan factor which would push the publishers to edge the battle in Batman's favor. If this was an unbiased match I would go with Moon Knight, though.

Re: Hawkeye vs. Green Arrow- They are basically the same person except for the fact that Olly has a much more interesting life. I would just give it to Green Arrow because I like reading about him.

Re: Deadpool vs. Deathstroke- Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE Deathstroke and if you pick Deathstroke against (almost) anyone, I would pick Deathstroke hands down! I mean, being able to use 90% of his brain? That aspect alone would make me choose him over Batman! But there still is the HUGE fact that Deadpool STILL CAN'T DIE! Thanos won't let him! How would he ever lose? He can't! So I have to begrudgingly give this one to Deadpool...

Re: Green Lantern vs. Phoenix- I assume you meant Hal Jordan, in which case you mean Specter vs. Phoenix. In which case I would give it to Spectre (just slightly) because I like him better.

#35544 It's-a-me, B-Movie!

Posted by B-Movie on 14 January 2008 - 12:40 PM in Introduce Yourself

HAHAHA!

I do tend to get into fits of hyperactive, giddy comedy-making when I'm in "the zone" and for some people it's too much, hell, sometimes it's too much for Purg and he's all like "WTF" but then he realizes how funny I am and laughs at my making-a-fool-of-myself.

Most of the time, though, I am mellow and think things out, you know, just in case. You can never be too careful what with the cow-raping aliens, super mayonnaise parasites, shadowy governments, and zombie spies. You should always be on the lookout lest you be raped, spied on, or parasited.

Seriously, though, I'm a great person. Perhaps even the perfect person. Maybe... too perfect... *oOoOoh* scary!

Also, Roam: what is the Bloody Stump Club? It sounds fun as sh!t!

Also, TRiPPY: thanks for having me, once again! You are a lady and a scholar!

Also, Purgatory: The dark gunslinger walks into the solemn town, pulling his ox closer and caressing his right holster. The dusty town looks harmless but it's also silent and abandoned. While the church-goers and pub patrons might've disappeared, whatever drove them out might lurk around every corner. For this possibility, the gunslinger would be prepared, for what came next, he was not. "HELLO, STRANGER!" A bubbly 10-old-boy waddles up to the grim travel with a wide smile over his face. "Whereareyoufrom? Whyareyouhere? Doyouwanttomeetmyfriends? IhavealizardnameIchorandweplayallthetimebythewellwiththeflowersandsometimeshefal
lsinbuthealwayscomesoutbecausehehasstickyhandsthatarefunnyandIalwaysplaywithhish
a
ndsandlaughbecausetheysticktomyskinand—". The gunslinger's eyes go wide with frustration and weariness. He pulls his gun out and holds it to the boy's chest. With a coarse voice he says "I quit being polite." BLAM! I QUIT MAN! PARTY!

RED HOT FIRE! ~B-Movie

#35336 It's-a-me, B-Movie!

Posted by B-Movie on 13 January 2008 - 12:38 AM in Introduce Yourself

Thank you for the welcoming!

Maresuke, I await your friendship!

Farley, do I know you?

And Purgatory: party.

#35140 It's-a-me, B-Movie!

Posted by B-Movie on 11 January 2008 - 07:38 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hello, NiGHTS peoples!

In case you couldn't read the topic title but you magically learned how to read after you opened this post: my name is B-Movie. No, that's a lie, my real name is [OMITTED] but everyone calls me B-Movie so that's how it's going to go from this point forward.

Since this section of the forums seems to emphasize narcissism, I will detail the definition of B-Movie:

(Ignore this first paragraph here if you have a short attention span)

I am a college student double majoring in Music (Voice) and Biology (Medicine) with hopes of becoming a Neurologist/Psychiatrist. I am extremely active in school as a member of nearly all the non-special interest clubs, volunteering as often as I can, and trying to join a few sports teams. I am also a member of Mensa (I know, I was surprised, too!)

That's the boring side of me, though. In my spare time I like hanging out with my best friend known to you as Purgatory and playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Trust me when I say I play Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I am serious about those things there.

I also write, draw, act, comeditize (is there even a word for "the creation of comedy"?... huh...), film, and play music (my recent passion). Although I can do all of these things pretty well, I've not mastered any of them. I guess I'm more of a Jack-of-all-Trades... kind of sucks if I want to create a career out of one, though.

Well, that pretty much wraps up my skills and activities. As a person I'm, well, how can I judge myself as a person? I'm kind of a complicated friend. I seem to be extremely well-liked when I'm around people, but at the same time I am also a very picky person. I will only befriend a person that compliments my personality. People who are funny, smart, and selfless (which are pretty hard to come by) are my holy grail.

I know, this was a long post and must have been pretty boring to read, that is, if you've actually read it. Hope you liked me, though.

OH! The most important thing: I know nothing about NiGHTS and I never played the games. So, yeah, there's that. ^_^

RED HOT FIRE! ~B-Movie

#34945 Do you Believe in the purple Nightmaren?

Posted by B-Movie on 10 January 2008 - 06:24 PM in Poll Area

Of course I believe he is real! I mean, all these people say he is real, why wouldn't he be, right? I'm not going to automatically assume these people are lying! That's rude! These people are probably telling the truth and I believe them... until they are proven wrong. It's the American way!

I haven't had a dream with him in it, but I hope I have one one day... I hope he appears in my dream and he is in the form of Freddy Mercury and we ride a motorcycle over a chocolate waterfall! It would be amazing!

BTW, what is NiGHTS? This website seems to be dedicated to it and I was interested.